Christophe Berra

Phil Dunphy

If Clevid is fully fit he has done nothing to suggest he shouldn't be given games. Guys a ****ing warrior. 

It might do Berra a lot of good to get some rest. He's never had to deal with a serious injury before.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Bridge of Djoum

• gashauskis9

• iantjambo

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If Clevid is fully fit he has done nothing to suggest he shouldn't be given games. Guys a ****ing warrior. 

It might do Berra a lot of good to get some rest. He's never had to deal with a serious injury before.

That’s a good point about his injury, hopefully this break will help him. Problem is if he was going to be given a rest they should’ve done it by now, we have 8 big games coming up which might have a huge bearing on how the club looks going forward.

On 17/03/2019 at 12:14, Bridge of Djoum said:

''Not only is he shite''?

He's not ''shite''. He's still carrying injury and off-form.

I ****** hate this place at times.

ok shite is a stong word - fair enough. 

but lets all be honest he is not SPL standard at the moment let alone fit enough to be the captain of the 3rd biggest team in Scottish football and its very unlikely that he will ever return to form at this level.

so ok he might not be totally shite but he is finished at this level, sorry to say!

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, jambo_ said:

but lets all be honest he is not SPL standard at the moment let alone fit enough to be the captain of the 3rd biggest team in Scottish football and its very unlikely that he will ever return to form at this level.

so ok he might not be totally shite but he is finished at this level, sorry to say!

You reek

2 hours ago, jambo_ said:

That’s a strong statement to make on the back of a few bad performances. He’s definitely carrying a niggling Injury and needs a good few weeks rest. He came back ahead of schedule but that has impacted on his form and fitness and it shows. Let him miss Aberdeen and then give him 20mins at Ibroke and a half against the tramps. Ease him back gradually towards the run in for the cup and end of season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes under the knife again at the end of the season. Far from finished but carrying an injury is detrimental to his confidence. I’m surprised CL still playing him with CD in reserve 

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, jambo_ said:

I disagree with every sentiment, with the exception of ''fit enough''. His fitness is not to standard.

gashauskis9

I’m going to say it now.  If Berra plays in the next 3 we will lose them all.  Morelos, Defoe, Cosgrove, McNulty, Kamberi et al. will have him on toast sadly.

I have just seen Mr Berra in Aldi near the Corn Exchange, limping badly. He is not right and should not be playing!! I would have spoken to him but he had a female companion, wife, girlfriend, friend!?  I don't know but it wouldn't have been cool.

Hope he comes good again, for now, we need to bring Clevid in and provide more stability at the back again. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

I have just seen Mr Berra in Aldi near the Corn Exchange, limping badly. He is not right and should not be playing!! I would have spoken to him but he had a female companion, wife, girlfriend, friend!?  I don't know but it wouldn't have been cool.

Hope he comes good again, for now, we need to bring Clevid in and provide more stability at the back again. 

That’s not good, but confirms what everyone is saying. We need to get to the bottom of the problem sooner rather than later. 

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

Nice try.:jj_facepalm:

On 20/03/2019 at 02:31, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Aldi, na :bolt:

On 20/03/2019 at 06:06, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nice try.:jj_facepalm:

You can believe me or not, however, I am not one for posting on here unless I either have genuine information or what I deem to be a valid point.  I am a season ticket holder and have been for many years, going to my first match in 1973, I am no 'Hobo' either. On seeing Christophe I mentioned to my girlfriend that he was the Hearts captain, she knows nothing about football but said 'what is he shopping in Aldi, he must be minted'. If I were to tell you many of my life experiences you would no doubt think I was a Walter Mitty, that just because you did not experience that certain thing.  

This is what I don't have tens of thousands of posts, being lumped in with the bulls**ters gets boring.  This and the fact I have a busy, eventful life.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, on&up2017 said:

You can believe me or not, however, I am not one for posting on here unless I either have genuine information or what I deem to be a valid point.  I am a season ticket holder and have been for many years, going to my first match in 1973, I am no 'Hobo' either. On seeing Christophe I mentioned to my girlfriend that he was the Hearts captain, she knows nothing about football but said 'what is he shopping in Aldi, he must be minted'. If I were to tell you many of my life experiences you would no doubt think I was a Walter Mitty, that just because you did not experience that certain thing.  

This is what I don't have tens of thousands of posts, being lumped in with the bulls**ters gets boring.  This and the fact I have a busy, eventful life.

:cornette: Walter Mitty

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

stirlingshirejambo

first game 1973 you say

wonder if it was january 1st by any chance

upgotheheads

By your girlfriend's standards you're clearly not minted if you were in Aldi. My pals are always telling me I'm minted, but I shop in Aldi, Lidl and all the cheap shops for that matter.

Oh! and my first game was around 1952.

Ricardo Quaresma
15 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

Too busy to post irrelevance on here then

He needs rested, hasn't been the same since coming back from injury, literally takes 1 touch and just hoofs it either up or out the park.

gashauskis9
17 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

first game 1973 you say

wonder if it was january 1st by any chance

“On&up 2017” sounds like Hibs marketing speak after getting promoted in 2017 incidentally.

Finlay James
20 hours ago, on&up2017 said:

Do they sell Hendricks gin in Aldi?

Italian Lambretta

He was at our player of the year dance last saturday and was limping then. Just thought he had taken a knock at Hamilton

1 hour ago, UcheGang said:

He needs rested, hasn't been the same since coming back from injury, literally takes 1 touch and just hoofs it either up or out the park.

Was like that before his injury anyway so I wouldn’t be blaming that.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Too busy to post irrelevance on here then

Nothing irrelevant about it. He's been murder since being rushed back from injury due to our injury list, I saw him limping out-with 90 minutes of football. Says to me there is something wrong but he's being played anyway, why?

On 19/03/2019 at 17:17, on&up2017 said:

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

He was at our player of the year dance last saturday and was limping then. Just thought he had taken a knock at Hamilton

Italian Lambretta, will someone be asking where your POTY dance was, who you play for?  Just to check that Mr Berra would grace the event with his presence, he would never in a million years venture into Aldi, don't you know!

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Italian Lambretta, will someone be asking where your POTY dance was, who you play for?  Just to check that Mr Berra would grace the event with his presence, he would never in a million years venture into Aldi, don't you know!

Nothing wrong with Aldi, and saving a few pennies, 

He is one of the best defenders in the league and i'm confident he will find form again. Still finding his feet after a very serious injury and seems to be going through the motions. This thread is reeking though

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, RS86 said:

He is one of the best defenders in the league and i'm confident he will find form again. Still finding his feet after a very serious injury and seems to be going through the motions. This thread is reeking though

There are genuine concerns for Berra. I see him as a vital part of our team but he just hasnt been himself. Even in warm ups he just doesnt seem 'right'. I'm pretty sure come the seasons end we will find out about an injury or op thats needed. Certainly not finished at this level by any stretch of the imagination.

IMO he's far from finished. You don't suddenly lose it midway through a season. A rest will do him good. Constantly playing him was bad man management however.

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

IMO he's far from finished. You don't suddenly lose it midway through a season. A rest will do him good. Constantly playing him was bad man management however.

Agree. Get the feeling he was rushed before ready and has played every minute of every game, sometimes 3 in a week. It does look like poor man management. 

10 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Do they sell Hendricks gin in Aldi?

Apparently not FJ. I’ve just googled Aldi’s spirits. They’ve got some brands I’ve never heard of but If drowned with fever tree tonic then I’m sure, unless you’re a budding connisuer, then mere mortals may not know the difference. I’ll have one this evening and toast your health my friend ?

been here before

Saw him in Broomhouse this morning and he was on crutches. 

Clocked him again later in BM Stores up at Wester Hailes and he was in one of those Stephen Hawking type robochairs.

Gave us all a laugh by saying "**** the Hibs" in that wee robotic voice thing.

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Clocked him again later in BM Stores up at Wester Hailes and he was in one of those Stephen Hawking type robochairs.

Sorry to inform. Funeral was this evening at 6 pm.

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

A robochair you say, might turn quicker now!!

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, jambo_ said:

ive been his biggest critic of late but .......

8 out of 10 today .... well played!?

Agreed. Wee break looks to have done him wonders.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
17 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

played in the centre of back  so not exposed to wingers

Played well and this is his type of game

Worryingly it took Levein the whole season to see what everyone else did, better late than never I suppose.

On 19/03/2019 at 08:09, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m going to say it now.  If Berra plays in the next 3 we will lose them all.  Morelos, Defoe, Cosgrove, McNulty, Kamberi et al. will have him on toast sadly.

So one down -What are you going to say now???:mw_rolleyes:

JamboGraham

Toward the end of the first half it sounded as though he was getting booed each time he shaped to launch it long. Did anyone else hear this (corner of main and roseburn)? Might have been the away support shouting ‘hoof’?

All you keyboard warriors having a go at onandup2017 couldn't be more wrong about him.

He is my nephew and today as usual we sat together in Section C of the Wheatfield as we have for a number of years having relocated from the main stand. Quite honestly, some of you really should get a life. Truly pathetic!

It's been glaringly obvious for weeks now, he's not a youngster any more, he came back too quickly from a serious injury, he needs a lengthy rest from playing to try to get him back to where he was pre-injury, perhaps after some time off play him in the reserves to help some of the youngsters develop and perhaps next season we'll have our captain courageous back again.

Perth to Paisley

That elbow he received in the first half was an outrageous challenge. 

Could have/should have been a red.