Off the ball

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

What do we work on in training because our runs off the ball , movement etc is non existent in my opinion ! Who ever has the ball has no options because of lack of movement.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Thought this was about the programme on radio. Haha

We certainly run off the ball, as far away from it as possible. 

We practice HOOF-BALL.

All the players take turns to pass it to Berra and he launches it up the park.

CL stands and strokes his chin approvingly.  Daly & Mcphee nodding & applauding along when Berra gets it from box to box.

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What do we work on in training because our runs off the ball , movement etc is non existent in my opinion ! Who ever has the ball has no options because of lack of movement.

Fancy freekicks

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Noticed this too. 

Teamwork, cohesion, fluidity all a bit perplexing atm. 

2 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Thought this was about Stuart and Tam 

Can they pass and move?

Get them signed

gashauskis9

Lost count of how many times we just punted the ball out of play when trying to play simple passes down the wing.  

Howdy Doody Jambo
23 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Can they pass and move?

Get them signed

Wouldn't think so, but they sure talk a good game, we would get a laugh if nothing else 

3 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Wouldn't think so, but they sure talk a good game, we would get a laugh if nothing else 

Pity we have that in plentiful amounts already

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Thought this was about the programme on radio. Haha

We certainly run off the ball, as far away from it as possible. 

Highly accurate. The number of times I scream at players to move into a space at games is unreal. Kids of 12 know to find a space but our lot regularly stand beside opponents thus hiding from the ball

Thought our players were coached to stand beside opposition players cos we errm always tend to pass to an opposing player!! or so it seems.  lol

I think the coaching and management is the problem but also unwilling players, maybe just not very good players with presence of mind at a premium.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That’s been the caste for a while but today it was crystal clear. We played without a midfield today. Haring has been a waste of a jersey since his return, Djoum playing in front of back four is a waste and Clare playing wide left is a waste of our most talented player. I have no idea what was behind today’s team selection. I’m hoping it was injuries and tiredness from Tuesday. Certainly Uche looked knackered when he came on,  Godinho and Lee missing, Berra isn’t fit, add in two wingers who can’t beat their man or cross a ball and a left back who constantly ball-watches( another goal given away today, that’s two in four games) and it’s difficult to win games. 

rick witter
2 hours ago, DVB said:

Thought we were getting stick on the radio.

We should be. Maybe then our owner would do something about it. There’s not enough noise about how poor this team is!!! 

I said, a few weeks ago after watching the Talbot game from a great height in the new stand you could see the box soccer passing thing. 

Particularly at home I genuinely think players are frightened to receive the ball. What annoys me most is when we come up against, so called lesser teams who have a greater will to win individual battles than our players. It's simply not acceptable.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Highly accurate. The number of times I scream at players to move into a space at games is unreal. Kids of 12 know to find a space but our lot regularly stand beside opponents thus hiding from the ball

I think that is a sign that we are told to worry about the other team by closely marking them rather than playing to dictate our own game on our opponents. 

You don’t get to the level these players are playing at without knowing how to move in to space to receive the ball. I think quite a few of our players are hiding due to lack of confidence just now. The same players where flying at the start of the season and showed they are more than capable of playing decent football. 

Pretty basic. Get them playing a bounce game at training.  

Every so often, blow the whistle. Get everyone to stop where they are and then say WTF are you doing here you should be there. 

Worked at kids boys club level. 

Three defenders should be able to open a space for one to take the ball from goalie. 

Midfielder dropping short and other defenders pushing wide should do the same. Work it up the park. 

Its not rocket science. 

Instead, it’s either no-one looking for it or Djoum or Haring coming so deep to take it, we havent made any progress up the park and are now lacking options further forward therefore back to Berra and hoof to striker who now has no midfielders to support them. 

No hard. 

2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

You don’t get to the level these players are playing at without knowing how to move in to space to receive the ball. I think quite a few of our players are hiding due to lack of confidence just now. The same players where flying at the start of the season and showed they are more than capable of playing decent football. 

Yes they were.

Lots of new players coming from different places all playing their natural games it would seem.

Now after 6 months look unsure, restricted ,fearful.hesitant.

What do we reckon is the reason?

Easy to blame the coaching staff,but is there possibly some other reason.?

letsalldothebeattie

Our training in general doesn’t work. Passing has been poor, free kicks honkin & corners wow can we beat the first man just once please. I would love to go and actually see what we do because it doesn’t get put on the park come matchday 

rudi must stay

I believe the coaches do a very good job, no reason not to but a match is different, I believe It's a team quite low in confidence, and some in the team don't even want the ball IMO. That's why guys like Mulraney and Morrison deserve a pat on the back, they always want it.

Edited by rudi must stay

On 16/03/2019 at 17:57, merrymac said:

Can they pass and move?

Get them signed

On 16/03/2019 at 18:23, Old Castle Rock said:

Could do a job?