Rest of this season

Eass237

"Wont win again"

Surely licking the bottom of the barrel here.    We wont win many of course,   unless there's a decent improvement.    But we'll win.

Brian Fantana

Realistically, the only game I can see us winning is the semi final. And even that could be a struggle. Don't fancy us against Aberdeen at home given their recent away form. Hibs will be yet another 0-0 at best and then post split I don't fancy us against any of the teams above us. 

Edited by Brian Fantana

Clark Griswold
Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Realistically, the only game I can see us winning is the semi final. And even that could be a struggle. Don't fancy us against Aberdeen at home given their recent away form. Hibs will be yet another 0-0 at best and then post split I don't fancy us against any of the teams hlabove us. 

Might as well just forfeit the rest of our games then.

Brian Fantana
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

That's not what I'm getting at, but can you honestly go into any game right now confident of any kind of win, never mind a comfortable one? 

We're eye bleeding and incapable of breaking defences down from open play. 

Sexton Hardcastle

We will go and beat Aberdeen as they are equally shite on their day. People will get all excited and think we can finish fourth only to be disappointed the following week losing to rangers. And the Levein out threads will peak again after a brief lull.

I think we’ll win but we won’t win a lot.  

9 wins in last 24 matches, hardly any goals and a couple of those wins against lower league sides. 

There’s stability then there’s lack of progress and drive to push the boundaries. 

Calebs Grandad
18 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

We won’t win again this season - including the semi.

Bottom six here we come.

7 points clear of Motherwell with 3 games to go and they have St Johnstone Aberdeen and Rangers. We are guaranteed top 6 Finish. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

Idiot or vermin alert.

Cory McNamara

I think we will be much better with teams of higher attacking standard (Celtic, Hibernian, Aberdeen) - more open zones, more work on flanks, less problems in a final third and center, more situations for counter-attacks.

Our team has gigantic problems against defensive minded teams. To play well against them you have to be better at passing, moving with the ball, shooting and scoring goals. You need a really good finishers as well, because the opposition will "greet" you with 2 lines of defenders

Hearts' strikers are bad, midfielders can't move fast enough with the ball during these games, where so many players inside their own zone; some players unnable to do a good long pass - that's clinical too.

It seems that players are not good enough to create chances in such games.

35 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

:cornette_dog::facepalm::cornette:

stevie.nolan.5
35 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

And the award for being a drama queen goes to ............

Will raise our game against Hibs and Aberdeen and wouldn’t be surprised if won both/minimum 4 points. The semi concerns me greatly however as I can see them overthinking it, choosing the wrong team and letting Caley score first.

Edited by Gavman81

17 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

7 points clear of Motherwell with 3 games to go and they have St Johnstone Aberdeen and Rangers. We are guaranteed top 6 Finish. 

St Johnstone have 4 games to play till the split - St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee and Killie.

I would suggest they are a bigger threat to our top six place than Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, stevie.nolan.5 said:

And the award for being a drama queen goes to ............

Will quite happily take that tag if I’m wrong, if I’m right however...........

Rocky jamboa

Just as well we have a semi final to look forward to or the season would be finished. And I'm not feeling overly confident about that at the moment!

Auld Reekin'
14 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

Trust me - you’re wrong on both counts.

I don't trust you.

We will probably win a dreadful game against Hibs and that will keep a large number happy.Its alright being total shit as long as we beat Hibs.A few games down the line same fans will be screaming for managers head and then it will be ok again if we avoid defeat to Hibs the next time we play them.

SwindonJambo
13 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

St Johnstone have 4 games to play till the split - St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee and Killie.

I would suggest they are a bigger threat to our top six place than Motherwell.

Will quite happily take that tag if I’m wrong, if I’m right however...........

St Johnstone are currently on a very poor run of form so very unlikely. Hearts and Hibs look good for scraping the top 6 but little more. Let's just scrape through to the Cup Final and hope a recovered Naismith can inspire a performance out of the blue. 

In the Summer we really need to replace the manager though.

Tokyo Drifter
58 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

'Course we'll win & no we won't be in the bottom six.

You could be right about the semi, though.

We struggled against a poor Thistle team . 

Inverness will be licking their lips . But to say we won’t win again this season ?

Our cup run will keep CL job safe unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

I think we will be much better with teams of higher attacking standard (Celtic, Hibernian, Aberdeen) - more open zones, more work on flanks, less problems in a final third and center, more situations for counter-attacks.

Our team has gigantic problems against defensive minded teams. To play well against them you have to be better at passing, moving with the ball, shooting and scoring goals. You need a really good finishers as well, because the opposition will "greet" you with 2 lines of defenders

Hearts' strikers are bad, midfielders can't move fast enough with the ball during these games, where so many players inside their own zone; some players unnable to do a good long pass - that's clinical too.

It seems that players are not good enough to create chances in such games.

Was going to post something similar. No paper we have  harder games coming up than those we have struggled with recently. However I agree with what you say our lack of creativity, crossing, quality in final third means we really struggle to break down teams that sit in we will hopefully do better against the upcoming teams that attack more.

We really have to address in the summer for next season as we need to be taking far more points (near all) against the bottom 6 teams otherwise we will continue to kick around mid table,,

CloustonHMFC

Honestly? When we play Celtic, Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen our performance levels will improve but therein lies the problem. Against ‘weaker’ teams we’re atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just waiting for.....

”May as well play our u16’s for the rest of the season.” 

Unfortunately they'd our youth are set up to play the same as the full team 

skinnybob72
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Post split that’s what we’ve done for the last few seasons anyway. Someone remind me of our post split record in the last while?

53 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Honestly? When we play Celtic, Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen our performance levels will improve but therein lies the problem. Against ‘weaker’ teams we’re atrocious. 

100% this.

I quite fancy us next week against Aberdeen but I am confident we will struggle against ICT

We'll win a few, lose a few and draw a few. We'll be tough to watch and completely inconsistent. Our goal difference gives a good indication of the football we play. 

Frankly I don’t give a toss whether we finish 4th or 6th!

Its all about the cup and if we lose to ICT I just don’t know how Levein can continue.

jimmy the jambo

If we make top 6 & get beaten twice of the wee team regardless of the cup,he (Levein) should do the honourable thing and resign.

I’m shocked that we don’t have back up plans in this league when we play stuffy defensive games and it’s pretty embarrassing,The players seem to accept playing p**h is okay and raise a game when they play Celtic on the telly.

3 hours ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

Hearts lucky charm, Me, is down for the Aberdeen game in 2 weeks, we'll win that 1.

4 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

The semi concerns me greatly however as I can see them overthinking it, choosing the wrong team and letting Caley score first.

It will be just so predictable of Levein for this scenario to come to pass!!

6 hours ago, Eass237 said:

It’s as simple as this.

Bottom six here we come.

As long as we beat you're mob in the derby many will be happy enough. 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

We’ll beat Hibs and that’s it

Not so sure about that

they are playing better than us just now 

We’ll win a game or maybe 2 I’d imagine at best but the semi really worries me as he has no idea whatsoever of anything near what his starting eleven should be. 

Going to the semi obviously but really am going with no feking idea what to expect.

play like we did today and we have no chance of winning any game. Just got to hope we can pull a decent performance from somewhere

We got 3 points post split last year so as long as we get 4 points this year then really we should be pleased that we are still moving in the right direction.