Morrison

Lovecraft

Is like a pishier version of Ivan Sproule

MacDonald must have really went downhill if he is the one being sent out on loan.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• wavydavy

• Bridge of Djoum

• Bongo 1874

His crossing is quite frankly pathetic. 

Hard to see how a player can have such a massive flaw in his game and still play for a club the size of Hearts.

Making sowah look good takes some level of pish. Young lad so don’t want to be to critical but he was very poor today. 

Every game it’s like the management want to prove their superior intellect by keeping the worse performing players on the pitch , along with Garrucio its glaring obvious he wasn’t playing well , 

Every time we de the same thing . 

He is miles away from even SPFL standard , nowhere near good enough for us and never  will be 

He does not appear to be making any progress. Still making the same mistakes as when he first came into the team.

Either the coaching is rubbish or he is not able to improve or both!!

A winger who cant cross - only with Hearts would he be a regular:(

First division player at best.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Feel sorry for him has decent potential. 

He really doesn't.

I've seen nothing from him in 2 years.

gashauskis9

Zero output.  Can’t question his effort and desire though, but looks like another academy player who’s just had it drilled into him to run at folk then get rid of the ball by any means once you’ve ran out of ideas.

David McCaig

I actually feel sorry for Morrison, he doesn't hide, he plays his position, he gives 100%... Unfortunately he just isn't very good, can't shoot and his crossing was awful, not one ball today that Vanecek or Uche could attack.

That said he is like Messi compared to Mulraney.  How Mulraney gets paid to play football is beyond me, he has to be a contender for our worst ever player, no touch, no skill, no fight, no awareness, no anticipation.  I will be amazed if he is not playing non -league in a couple of years.... Inverness reserves to the Hearts first team, I can only assume he won a raffle prize.

Cruyff Turn

His crossing and passing are horrendous. Young guy but I’ve never seen a winger with the inability to cross a ball.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I actually feel sorry for Morrison, he doesn't hide, he plays his position, he gives 100%... Unfortunately he just isn't very good, can't shoot and his crossing was awful, not one ball today that Vanecek or Uche could attack.

That said he is like Messi compared to Mulraney.  How Mulraney gets paid to play football is beyond me, he has to be a contender for our worst ever player, no touch, no skill, no fight, no awareness, no anticipation.  I will be amazed if he is not playing non -league in a couple of years.... Inverness reserves to the Hearts first team, I can only assume he won a raffle prize.

6 posts up.

Completely agree.

Both utter mince.

Edited by Lovecraft

He shouldn't be written off at 19.

Not all players develop at the same speed.

Harry Kane did **** all at spurs until he was 21-22 years old. All of a sudden he grew up and became a goal machine.

Phil Dunphy

Who’s he got to hit in the middle, exactly?

Kinda difficult to produce a good cross when you’ve no-one waiting to receive it. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

His crossing and passing are horrendous. Young guy but I’ve never seen a winger with the inability to cross a ball.

His Optastats must be terrifying

I think most wingers are inconsistent in my opinion he has done enough to be a squad player but not a regular starter. The problem is we don’t have a wide player good enough to be a regular starter.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

He shouldn't be written off at 19.

Not all players develop at the same speed.

Harry Kane did **** all at spurs until he was 21-22 years old. All of a sudden he grew up and became a goal machine.

Harry Kane was on loan where he scored below.

Millwall FC                                     27    9    
Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient    18    5    -
Leicester City    Leicester City    15    2    -

Just now, Lovecraft said:

He really doesn't.

Disagree massively to rely on him and mulraney to be our wide players this season was nothing short of a disgrace there should of been an experienced winger brought in one that could be relied to score and assist etc also Morrison scored 8 goals last season in 16 games. 

Futurejambo

Think he was brought in to early, hyped up and slumped since. He would have been better on loan for another season but recruitment didn’t allow that. Suffering as a result now and getting it from the fans. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree massively to rely on him and mulraney to be our wide players this season was nothing short of a disgrace there should of been an experienced winger brought in one that could be relied to score and assist etc also Morrison scored 8 goals last season in 16 games. 

For Stirling ****ing Albion.

In League 2

Against part timers

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

For Stirling ****ing Albion.

In League 2

Against part timers

Which is why he shouldn't be getting the amount of game time he is getting when the team is not playing well bad management. 

If there is a less productive winger in Scotland I would love to know who it is.

He shouldnt be in the team just now and keeping him in will only do him more harm I reckon.

cardboardcutout

If we aspire to be the best of the rest and maybe win a cup or play in euro then I’m afraid callumnity is not the required standard.  Every team in the league has better wingers than we have!!

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

He really doesn't.

Agree. So poor. Never good enough 

Kirky Jambo
24 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Billy King was a far better player and he's found his level in the Championship.

Actually he’s been deemed not good enough at that level and has been punted on loan to Gillianham.

that said I rated Billy King so just shows what I know!

I think Morrison has shown enough to be given a few more chances but may not make it. Not sure I see Mulroney ever making it with us, odd signing.

2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Actually he’s been deemed not good enough at that level and has been punted on loan to Gillianham.

that said I rated Billy King so just shows what I know!

I think Morrison has shown enough to be given a few more chances but may not make it. Not sure I see Mulroney ever making it with us, odd signing.

When Mulroney  signed about 99% thought WTF is CL thinking.  Can't get a regular game for Inverness in the Championship.

Sadly, we've been proved correct.

Morrison is 19 .  He still has a lot to learn in the art of wingery.  

Lesson 1 - WHEN and HOW to cross a ball.

Pasquale for King

He started the season well but has tapered off badly, still young though but needs better coaching imo.

jimmy the jambo

I think it’s alarming that the majority of fans can now see the two ‘wingers’ aren’t effective enough.

Surely all the management and coaches have to accept this isn’t working,Are they playing fantasy football with a real team? 

5 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I think it’s alarming that the majority of fans can now see the two ‘wingers’ aren’t effective enough.

Surely all the management and coaches have to accept this isn’t working,Are they playing fantasy football with a real team? 

What annoys me is when people say they wouldn't have the likes of Walker and Milinkovic back proven Scottish Premiership players that were decent enough it was obvious that we needed better wide players this season. 

I think the problem is clearly a lack of quality attack minded players at club and I include full backs in that. Many teams nowadays don't actually have traditional wide players but full backs who start high and can charge up and down all game. Central strikers with mobility can also drift wide and deliver quality into the box when it's on. In our case, we set up with wide men which aren't particularly talented, can't cross ball and are easily marked. End result is we get nothing from them. The entire thought process from recruitment, coaching, selection and tactics are flawed beyond belief and it is resulting in the utter dross we are seeing week in and week out.

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In the 3rd tier of Scottish  football.  It baffles me how one of the coaches hasn't got him working on his crossing after training,  he needs to learn how to just create a tard and deliver a ball in the middle  of box . 

jimmy the jambo
2 minutes ago, Jimw44 said:

Very poor winger. Can't cross a ball or beat a player.  First division standard at best

Agreed,Maybe today will be a benchmark game for him and make him realise what he needs to do? 

Shame me it’ll be next season when it’ll bare fruit? 

Captain Canada

I feel for him as our lack of recruitment in wide areas meant he's had to play more often than he should have this season. 

He probably needs a spell out of the team to focus on improving his crossing on the training ground and in reserve games. 

If he's not able to do that considerably and relatively quickly then I don't see how we can keep picking him unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

His crossing is quite frankly pathetic. 

Hard to see how a player can have such a massive flaw in his game and still play for a club the size of Hearts.

Especially when your job is as a winger