• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

He has been here for 3 months and nothing makes me think he will get any better. At least Connor Sammon ran about and tried

Sammon for as bad as he is, is a far better option than Vanacek

Vanacek had little chance to shine today, one opportunity to score and missed it. Doubt if he received one ball in to his feet entire 45 mins he was on. Not sure what he is supposed to do with balls fired overhead or at his chest waist etc when there’s not another Hearts player within  20 yards of him. 

Vanacek aside I think players with so much to offer in an attacking sense must feel stunted at times in our set-up. 

1 hour ago, Jambo100 said:

Dis I hear right on Tuesday.C L played one up against Partick.

And beat them

Very, very early in the guys career to be writing the guy off. He can still come good.  Although when I wrote that Mike Tullberg popped into my head! 

Aw well.

3 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Looked poor but Uche got 45 minutes as well and looked just as bad. Can’t be easy playing up front with no service and no support. Levein’s Tactics are so negative it’s unreal. 

Its back to lump up the park to MDV, McKenna, etc!

Like others, I’ll reserve judgement until he has had a run of games (not a half here or there every few games), with a strike partners and gets some (any) service.

He has been hung out to dry by Levein and, like Clare, has come into a team that is playing terrible football.

We really can’t let this go on much longer...

Cruyff Turn
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Vanacek had little chance to shine today, one opportunity to score and missed it. Doubt if he received one ball in to his feet entire 45 mins he was on. Not sure what he is supposed to do with balls fired overhead or at his chest waist etc when there’s not another Hearts player within  20 yards of him. 

Exactly. I’d give the boy the benefit of the doubt at the moment. He’s had one chance and maybe if he was confident he’d probably have buried it. None of the team look confident at the moment. 

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Not sure but the guys confidence must be absolutely shot to pieces under Levein 

Watched him against thistle reserve against 2 young centre halves and he was average. At best . Whether it's ability or confidence that's lacking God knows but he's way of the level we need

Cruyff Turn
42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Vanacek aside I think players with so much to offer in an attacking sense must feel stunted at times in our set-up. 

Yep. A lot of them need the reins taken off them and be allowed to express themselves. 

He wasn't the worst today Uche was equally as ineffective today. The one up top hoof ball benefits nobody.  Vacenek is made the Scape goat and constantly hung out to dry by being hauled off. 

Clare, Haring, Mulraney, Berra were equally as honking today. Vacenek was trying to link things, but he would get the ball today and you've got nobody within ten feet of him, the wingers get the ball and every cross straight at the keeper. Not sure how good he is but unlucky to be hooked today and change had no impact

Wasn't the worst. Had some nice flicks and tried to win some of the aimless punts shelled at him.  He needed another striker on to give him some support.  Instead he was subbed and uche was given the same thankless task.  Hung out to dry by the manager again 

waynefozzie

He came with a decent record. Our manager raved about him and told us we were getting a gem. He looked decent on debut, technically assured, held the ball up well, got a good assist. 30 mins into next appearance, the manager takes him off (we go on to lose badly) and publicly humiliates him. He's looked gash ever since. Whether he's good or not, it's a managerial cluster**** - the sort of thing that's become sadly familiar at our club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Let’s be honest, if we’ve signed another dud then we’ll be extending a trend over the past few years.

3 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

He came with a decent record. Our manager raved about him and told us we were getting a gem. He looked decent on debut, technically assured, held the ball up well, got a good assist. 30 mins into next appearance, the manager takes him off (we go on to lose badly) and publicly humiliates him. He's looked gash ever since. Whether he's good or not, it's a managerial cluster**** - the sort of thing that's become sadly familiar at our club.

Pretty fair summary

4 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

This is where I am. I thought he looked fine against Livingston. Levein hasn’t handled it well.

Even when Uche plays, if he plays well we’ll look okay. If Uche doesn’t play well then we’ll struggle.

Our centre forward has to make their own chances. 

Nucky Thompson

He was banging in the goals for a top flight Czech team who were struggling.

I think he must have something but is being coached by a complete moron who has lost the plot

siegementality

Whether it’s poor tactics or not very good there is a common denominator, Craig Levein. Signed him, plays him, picks the players round about him and decides the tactics. Oh, and hangs him out to dry to deflect from his own deficiencies.

18Jambo_dave74

He looks awful, the comments comparing him to Sutton and Stockton look spot on. To be fair, good luck to any striker that has to play in our team at the moment.

However, I have zero sympathy for the guy given that he’s been here for two and a half months and we’ve got next to nothing out of him largely down to the condition he’s turned up in. Completely unprofessional and he’s very lucky not to have had more criticism come his way. 

Jambo 4 Ever
57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He was banging in the goals for a top flight Czech team who were struggling.

I think he must have something but is being coached by a complete moron who has lost the plot

Hardly banging them in

siegementality
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

And beat them

Yay!!  We beat a near bottom of the championship side, albeit our arses were tweaking at the end.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Mulraney and Morrison couldn’t cross a road to be fair. Absolutely guff.

I can’t believe they don’t practice crossing, and haven’t been told to look up before they cross. Levein played with and coached some great wingers over the years.

8 hours ago, siegementality said:

Yay!!  We beat a near bottom of the championship side, albeit our arses were tweaking at the end.

But we beat them. If we play like that against ICT and whoever in the final and win the cup I won't be bothered me arse.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

But we beat them. If we play like that against ICT and whoever in the final and win the cup I won't be bothered me arse.

If we play like that against ICT there will be no final!! 

Both.

One up-front against Hamilton = pathetic.

His miss off the woodwork when a chance actually prevailed = pathetic.

adambraejambo

We could put Benzeima or Giroud into this Hearts team and they would be equally as sh#t. We predictable slow and unimaginative in our play. I will judge him next season under a new manager and hopefully a decent winger/wide midfielder who can actually cross the ball. 

No Manager, in any industry, should publicly humiliate an employee, it is an utterly disgraceful and disrespectful thing to do.

However, Van should learn a lesson and stay away from twitter and the likes, train hard and prove Levein wrong, I really hope for the club and his sake that he does that.

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let’s be honest, if we’ve signed another dud then we’ll be extending a trend over the past few years.

It’s becoming a very long list....

We’ve not done a good job of developing home-grown strikers either. Some of the better ones we’ve given away to Hibs.

glynnlondon

It would appear that the saviour that many were raving about before Xmas is looking like he's yet another bum on the payroll.

Who'd a thunk it 

Bridge of Djoum

Watching his highlights reel, it seems he was a regular scorer at his last club, he had service and seemed confident.

We are a team that struggles to score. Maybe finding a tactic to supply him and stop pissing about going through the middle might help. We need quality in wide areas, especially on the right. Not going to write him off yet. He's low in confidence and needs good service. 

18 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Not sure but the guys confidence must be absolutely shot to pieces under Levein 

Where have we heard that before? I'm sure I have seen the exact same response when discussing other players. Or are our coaches just no very good. You can see that from our (lack of) success from 12 yards in just about every other penalty we take.

13 hours ago, waynefozzie said:

This, Leveins ego got the better. One of the strangest displays of public humiliation I can remember in football tbh. There's no way you would want to play under a manager after something like that.

As was said the service was terrible bearing in mind Sowah was the Hamilton full back. But he never got in front of his marker, headed one straight to a Hamilton player in our half who nearly scored then almost scored an own goal. He trudged off head down at half time and looked bereft of any confidence. 

I grocery shop online with Morrison's because it's convenient, but somtimes feel a bit let down with some of the produce. Our recruitment of players feels similar.

19 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

Levein slaughtering him in public and setting up with negative tactics probably doesn't do our strikers much good

CL prefers big lumbering forwards as it fits in with his hoofball style. If you want forwards who fall over, can't pass and rarely score look no further than Vanacek and Uche.

Jambo 4 Ever
16 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Perhaps another Bjorn Johnsen.

He atleast scores goals and wasn’t so up himself 

All players take time to settle. Too much has been made of him ‘over-hyping’ himself. He was more ‘over-hyping’ his excitement not his ability. 

Levein watched him in Spain and chose to humiliate him in from of a home crowd in what, his second game?

I’m not saying he will cut it, I’m not saying his ability isn’t due some work, but I am saying that CL must have put his confidence back weeks if not months. I can’t see what good it’s supposed to have done. 

I thought Vanacek was unlucky to be subbed yesterday. He was totally isolated up front for most of the first half, and got no support or service. He did have one great chance, thanks to a horrendous Morrison shot that turned into a great pass, and struck the bar. Perhaps he should have scored, but he probably caught the ball too sweetly. 

Guys like Vanacek and Uche look like they need a strike partner and not left all on their own.

David McCaig
55 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I thought Vanacek was unlucky to be subbed yesterday. He was totally isolated up front for most of the first half, and got no support or service. He did have one great chance, thanks to a horrendous Morrison shot that turned into a great pass, and struck the bar. Perhaps he should have scored, but he probably caught the ball too sweetly. 

Guys like Vanacek and Uche look like they need a strike partner and not left all on their own.

Played a lovely little pass to set Mulraney free down the wing as well... Or would have done had Mulraney been awake or had anticipation or any understanding of how to play football.

And yes, he should have scored, but just a few inches lower and people would have been saying great finish.