Vanechek - poor tactics or just not very good

DVB

Reading the match thread there seemed to be two opinions on Vanechek. One was that he just isn’t very good and the other is that he hasn’t had any service.

I am pretty disappointed with him so far and just wondered if people think he could come good.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Cruyff Turn

Looked alright and was scoring regularly before he joined us. 

Classic case of Heartsstrikeritis, I'm afraid! 

Gibson_HMFC

A lot better by morrison there but it was all for nothing when we don't have enough bodies in the box and his cross goes straight into the hands of the keeper. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

He's poor theirs no doubt. But we're still not really giving him much in the way of service. Plus Leveins management of the guy has been poor imo

Just now, tian447 said:

It does seem like strikers are an afterthought for Hearts and have been for a long time.

Just now, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

He's poor theirs no doubt. But we're still not really giving him much in the way of service. Plus Leveins management of the guy has been poor imo

He actually reminds me of Cole Stockton just always a bit behind what’s actually happening.

5 minutes ago, DVB said:

It does seem like strikers are an afterthought for Hearts and have been for a long time.

We just never seem to have a prolific man up front!  The tactics never seem to help either.

We could put Ronaldo up there, and still have the exact same issues! 

Tokyo Drifter
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What he said. 

Utterly shite football management, either way. 

One in a long line of piss poor signings emblematic of our current DoF’s reign. 

Called it when he signed and we were all watching the YouTube videos. Naturally I got shot down immediately.

Not once in the videos do you see him taking the ball and running with it or stopping to pick out a killer pass. Every touch was a first touch pass or flick that just looked like he wanted the ball away from him as quick as possible. 

At no point did he ever look like a footballer. I can live with that if he was banging in 20 goals a season but in Scotland you either work for the team or you're a luxury player and if you're a luxury player you need to be a match winner like Boyd was for rangers or Killie. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Another lesson for our idiotic fans who proclaim some signing to be the next big thing and heap ridiculous expectations on them. Happens time after time and they never learn.

Same must be said of our ‘scouting’ networks.

wattie exploited
16 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

A lot better by morrison there but it was all for nothing when we don't have enough bodies in the box and his cross goes straight into the hands of the keeper. 

Morrison couldn't cross his legs in the first half never mind find a team mate he was brutal

Shite.

Does my ****ing head in that we bring in another dud that isn't fit or good enough, and Hibs bring in a prick on loan that's scored 7 in 7 or something.

Like I said on the match thread, we need a change in the coaching department to get the best out of the players we have because that clearly isn't happening. And we need a different approach to our recruitment because it's all over the place.

Looked poor but Uche got 45 minutes as well and looked just as bad. Can’t be easy playing up front with no service and no support. Levein’s Tactics are so negative it’s unreal. 

He has been here for 3 months and nothing makes me think he will get any better. At least Connor Sammon ran about and tried

Jason Dufner

Not even sure we can claim there are any tactics.

just a host of needless changes week after weeks with no style of play for any player to get used too.

Cruyff Turn

He’s had one chance and hit the bar. I think we need to see more of him before making a judgement. 

He’s not going to score unless he gets service. Same for Uche.

The wingers and full backs are horseshit.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s had one chance and hit the bar. I think we need to see more of him before making a judgement. 

He’s not going to score unless he gets service. Same for Uche.

The wingers and full backs are horseshit.

This. 

Brian Fantana

The expectation in our team is that if you're a striker you'll make things happen for yourself. 

We've had strikers that have been successful elsewhere and struggled here, and it's not always to do with their ability or effort. When we have no creative spark in the team, no way to play through or around teams and rarely create what can be called a "sitter" then what chance does a player up front have? 

Our chances created must be the lowest in the league, certainly chances that should be scored - if something like that is measured anyway. All shots from distance and headers from set pieces. 

He had the ball put on a plate for him from about 5 yards out and he hit the bar.

He looks utter pish but hard to say since levein completely shite all over him publicly as soon as he arrived so his confidence will be shot to pieces.  He'll be away in the summer on loan no doubt and we'll never see him again.

5 minutes ago, 56anawthat said:

Sadly nothing happens up front when Naismith isn't playing. Not looking forward to the next few months.

We were horrific with naismith in the team just before he got injured too.

The players are good enough bar a few, levein just needs to move on.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Just heading to the car and can confirm him and the rest of the team are absolutely shite

Hats off to you for going. I bottled it. Sick of going to away games thinking we might play well to end up raging in the car coming home wishing I hadn't bothered!!

David McCaig

Poor tactics from Levein, it was Vanecek's turn to play the isolated front man this week.

Yes, he should have scored when he hit the bar, but in his 45 mins on the pitch, Morrison and Mulraney didn't provide one cross which he could have attacked.

He also had a couple of lovely touches totally wasted by Mulraney's ineptitude.

It was a disgrace that Vanecek was removed at half time when the staggeringly obvious requirement was to hook Mulraney for Uche.

This meant we actually wasted two subs just to get Mulraney off the park.

Hard to tell if he is good or shite?

Never had very many chances to show what he can do.

hardly a pass or cross worth talking about.

He looks more of a penalty box striker ( from you tube) admittedly.

He has only had a few chances in a team playing poorly and creating nothing.

To single him out is a bit unfair.

Seen him twice in Reserve games....shite in them too and we won one of them 9-1. Looks absolutely lost....shame for the guy but he talked the talk, so little sympathy ultimately for him

37 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He probably got lots of good crosses into the box, which he could header or volley into the net, before he joined us.

He's not had a single decent cross to attack since he arrived.  Come to think of it, neither has Uche.

We have the worst wingers in the SPFL.  Did CL not realise that when he signed him.

Can’t blame him today. No service whatsoever. Morrison or Mulroney  couldn’t cross the road. We didn’t do any better with Uche or Keena. In fact second half was worse than first. We’ve bigger problems in house than DV for sure. At least he doesn’t go down at every slightest touch. Saw him on his arse once. Uche on the other hand, and for such a big unit too....if you didn’t laugh at times you’d be greetin! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

He is a poor player, however what was he supposed to do today up against 3 guys marking him? He was given no help by the players around him and was set up to fail. 

I don't see any way he will be here after this season.