Levein & Naismith

Tenor

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I don't think teams will be queing up to sign Naismith or if they do it will be on a pay when you play set up. I'd be v surprised if Naismith wasn't already banking on remaining at Hearts. He and more importantly his family is settled, he's revered at the club and this is his only (and last) chance at getting in the Scotland team which has a chance to play at Euros finals. CL being manager will make little difference as he will be here in some shape or form.

Naismith won’t be at Hearts next season.  He’s far too respectful to say otherwise but he’s no intention of being here next year. 

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Naismith won’t be at Hearts next season.  He’s far too respectful to say otherwise but he’s no intention of being here next year. 

I hear you just can't agree, pretty confident if Hearts want to keep him he will be here next season. Never underestimate the need and desire for a family man with kids at a certain to keep things settled. It will also be a gateway into management as I'm sure that's a path he could negotiate.

I love Naismith but there is a large question mark over his fitness. Is his knee condition chronic and how many games will he play? 

I would rather we change our coaching and management team though. It's very difficult to discern a style of play, formations are changed too many times and there are serious questions surrounding the conditioning of players. The pre season trip to Gullane was trumpeted as an old school way to get the players fit and ready for the season. Utter old school nonsense, modern fitness coaches do not beast players pre-season, they design a programme to ensure players finish the second half of the season strongly. Do we look like a team who can play at a high intensity for 90 mins just now? How many games have we won in the last 10 minutes this season? We need a change of approach. 

Cruyff Turn

Leveins disrespting the club.

Berras a cripple.

No longer bother about Naisy (insert reason, old, shite, injured, chocolate knee..etc)

?

tynietigers
On 16/03/2019 at 16:02, Tenor said:

There's plenty folk here wanting Levein out, but I reckon Naismith will only sign for us if Levein stays. So, if that is the case, what would you prefer?:

Levein out & Naismith goes

OR

Levein stays & Naismith signs

How strange was thinking the same thing today ? and I believe CL will be the reason to Naismith signing ??

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

we've only won 2 league games when he's been missing

A know but he's injury prone , he's no use to us being injured 

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Jodami said:

I love Naismith but there is a large question mark over his fitness. Is his knee condition chronic and how many games will he play? 

I would rather we change our coaching and management team though. It's very difficult to discern a style of play, formations are changed too many times and there are serious questions surrounding the conditioning of players. The pre season trip to Gullane was trumpeted as an old school way to get the players fit and ready for the season. Utter old school nonsense, modern fitness coaches do not beast players pre-season, they design a programme to ensure players finish the second half of the season strongly. Do we look like a team who can play at a high intensity for 90 mins just now? How many games have we won in the last 10 minutes this season? We need a change of approach. 

Good post ??

I'd love Naismith to stay.

I think he stands out so much because we lack leaders in the middle of the park. When he got injured the first time, suddenly there was less communication (nagging) between players. He has the experience and he knows what he is talking about. The other players know that, trust that, and really react to that.

The rotating of the squad means the players beside him come in and out. Who is the next natural leader in midfield willing to step up? There needs to be consistency within the squad so we're not a one man band, and as good as he is cannot bounce straight back from injury like Souttar.

I hope Haring is here next season. He's got the potential to really grow into that sort of role and he's my next pick for captain should he decide to bring back the head band.

Not a sniff re contract. The longer there’s no news, it seems less and less likely he’ll sign. He could boost semi final ticket sales if he had been signing. Oh well ? 

On 16/03/2019 at 16:02, Tenor said:

There's plenty folk here wanting Levein out, but I reckon Naismith will only sign for us if Levein stays. 

What makes you think that????

On 17/03/2019 at 05:02, Tenor said:

There's plenty folk here wanting Levein out, but I reckon Naismith will only sign for us if Levein stays. So, if that is the case, what would you prefer?:

Levein out & Naismith goes

OR

Levein stays & Naismith signs

TBH I don’t think Leveins own situation will impact whether naisy stays or go’s 

its more around what options Naismith will have at the end of the season 

Craig has been manager a long time whilst Naismith had the option to sign a permanent contract before now 

On 17/03/2019 at 22:32, Jodami said:

After a long conversation with his lovely wife at the last POTY dinner - she IS NOT leaving Scotland again - her words!

Naisy is a family guy so he is not going of to the USA or England without them.

I fully expect Naisy to sign for Hearts.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

After a long conversation with his lovely wife at the last POTY dinner - she IS NOT leaving Scotland again - her words!

Naisy is a family guy so he is not going of to the USA or England without them.

I fully expect Naisy to sign for Hearts.

Would love this to be the case 

it’s just a niggling thought of someone in the mls coming in for him - hope ur right though 

On 17/03/2019 at 22:17, Inch Hearts said:

Surely it would be more respectful to Hearts for him to say now he's not staying if he has no intention of staying.

Are you saying it's respectful to string us along when he has already made up his mind ?

I would say that is very disrespectful.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Surely it would be more respectful to Hearts for him to say now he's not staying if he has no intention of staying.

Are you saying it's respectful to string us along when he has already made up his mind ?

He probably thinks he can do us a turn over the last few games of the season, maybe helping us into Europe and a cup win. Why would he want to invite the kind of nonsense he would get by declaring now that he wont be signing on for next year?

Edited by upgotheheads

colinmaroon
On 16/03/2019 at 16:04, Hood09 said:

No point having a Race car if you have a bus driver at the helm

Very poor analogy in context.

52 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Very poor analogy in context.

True, but par for the course from this desperate individual, who has been trying to get Levein out for a number of years.  I guess using their analogies that would constitute being a "loser" as each year passes with him in charge while they froth at the mouth over it.

I can't understand why the Mods don't merge this into the other Levein out superthread.  It is getting truly tiresome reading Kickback nowadays with the terrace being spammed by the same individuals to promote a losers agenda.  I suggested a new kiddie sub-forum to move this tiresome repetitive crap off the front page yesterday to let them rattle about while the rest of us discuss Hearts and football in general.

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Nonsense...what makes you think he’s already made up his mind?...What makes you think he has no intention of staying? He’s said several times that it’s a difficult decision and he’s yet to make up his mind...no stringing along whatsoever.

I’m sure he’ll let the club know when that decision has been made.

I hope he stays, although I doubt he will, but I certainly wouldn’t accuse him of stringing us along.

Edited by cb1874

colinmaroon
47 minutes ago, frankblack said:

True, but par for the course from this desperate individual, who has been trying to get Levein out for a number of years.  I guess using their analogies that would constitute being a "loser" as each year passes with him in charge while they froth at the mouth over it.

I can't understand why the Mods don't merge this into the other Levein out superthread.  It is getting truly tiresome reading Kickback nowadays with the terrace being spammed by the same individuals to promote a losers agenda.  I suggested a new kiddie sub-forum to move this tiresome repetitive crap off the front page yesterday to let them rattle about while the rest of us discuss Hearts and football in general.

Has my vote.

Sub-forum for the bottom dwellers (Pun intended).

Gibson_HMFC

That fact that people are arguing over whether Naismith is staying or not just show's you how desperate we are and how much we rely on him. 

Not a good place to be. 

8 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

That fact that people are arguing over whether Naismith is staying or not just show's you how desperate we are and how much we rely on him. 

Not a good place to be. 

Yep...will be very, very difficult to find a replacement who can have the same impact that he has, if he moves on.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Not a good place to be. 

How so. We want a good player to stay. What is odd about that? 

If Levein is staying on as manager then we must keep Naismith at all costs.  Imagine next season without him and Levein still in charge?  Makes me shudder.

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

If only we had a Levein's time is up thread......

I said the same above.

These idiots aren't even disguising the fact they are trolling the board and its time these were moved off this forum.

Gibson_HMFC
12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

How so. We want a good player to stay. What is odd about that? 

We rely on him to manage the team. It's ridiculous. 

Gibson_HMFC

Let's see how we do without a 50 grand a year player. 

Know what i mean?

Levein would be on the dole right now if it wasn't for Naismith. 

And yeah,  I fully expect to be called a Hibs fan for telling the truth. 

9 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Let's see how we do without a 50 grand a year player. 

Know what i mean?

Levein would be on the dole right now if it wasn't for Naismith. 

And yeah,  I fully expect to be called a Hibs fan for telling the truth. 

Uhm....bit confused mate.

Bit like saying - lets see how Rodgers / Lennon / Jim Panzee would get on at Celtic without 6-7 £50k a year players....no?

Gibson_HMFC
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Uhm....bit confused mate.

Bit like saying - lets see how Rodgers / Lennon / Jim Panzee would get on at Celtic without 6-7 £50k a year players....no?

No, Because they don't rely on one single player to play well. 

We do, and he's not even ours. 

I would rather he just leave and we see what's what after that. 

Try and get an actual team together that works together. 

1 minute ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

No, Because they don't rely on one single player to play well. 

We do, and he's not even ours. 

I would rather he just leave and we see what's what after that. 

Try and get an actual team together that works together. 

Ok - understand. 

But celtic rely on 6-7 similar expensive players. And don't they have a player from Chelsea on loan who isn't theirs? So they kind of rely on lots of expensive and good players. Which is why they do well. And we have 1/10th of their budget and don't do as well. 

We could ditch Naismith but would lose a glimmer of hope which saw us at the top end of the league months ago

Gibson_HMFC
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Ok - understand. 

But celtic rely on 6-7 similar expensive players. And don't they have a player from Chelsea on loan who isn't theirs? So they kind of rely on lots of expensive and good players. Which is why they do well. And we have 1/10th of their budget and don't do as well. 

We could ditch Naismith but would lose a glimmer of hope which saw us at the top end of the league months ago

You can't compare us to Celtic. Their squad is worth 80 million, ours is worth 10. 

You need to look at the bigger picture and the future with us .

Even if Naismith signs a new deal, he's at the end of his career and is injury prone. 

It's pointless relying on him. 

31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I said the same above.

These idiots aren't even disguising the fact they are trolling the board and its time these were moved off this forum.

Frank there is an equal amount of trolling by people defending our management team to the hilt on the board. People have very different opinions on this subject. 

Your constant "remove people from the forum chat" is pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

You can't compare us to Celtic. Their squad is worth 80 million, ours is worth 10. 

You need to look at the bigger picture and the future with us .

Even if Naismith signs a new deal, he's at the end of his career and is injury prone. 

It's pointless relying on him. 

Er.....finances dictate where we are re: Celtic. They sign players like Sinclair for £5m....we sign Clare for probs £100k or Naismith on loan because we now have Budge in control who rightly spends what we can afford. This is our bigger picture and future. We're investing in the academy, not finished pro's from England.

Naismith is a great bonus to have for the here and now whilst we hope that our academy and signings like Soutrer and Wighton come good.

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Frank there is an equal amount of trolling by people defending our management team to the hilt on the board. People have very different opinions on this subject. 

Without the negative trolls recycling arguments from two years ago - largely the same core group - then there would be a more reasoned debate.

These idiots who have for the past two and a half years produced nothing constructive to add are just white noise and need to be removed from the debate.

Oh, and by the way our season isn't actually a disaster despite our injury problems, which is why people are "defending to the hilt".  If you don't consider two semi finals and a possibility of Europe through league placing acceptable then you haven't been following Hearts for very long.

Whether Naismith stays beyond this season or not, with his age and ongoing fitness problems, he is not going to be long term and it should be irrelevant to our building a squad for the future. Which is surely the plan. Of course we should be trying to hold on to him but we need a team that can function without him to be able to say we are making progress.

2 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Whether Naismith stays beyond this season or not, with his age and ongoing fitness problems, he is not going to be long term and it should be irrelevant to our building a squad for the future. Which is surely the plan. Of course we should be trying to hold on to him but we need a team that can function without him to be able to say we are making progress.

Yeap. Agree with this. He's a great to have if pos but obvs we look to a successor for him and Berra. But for the here and now they're good to have around.

19 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Well said - the personal abuse and name calling is tedious.

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Without the negative trolls recycling arguments from two years ago - largely the same core group - then there would be a more reasoned debate.

These idiots who have for the past two and a half years produced nothing constructive to add are just white noise and need to be removed from the debate.

Oh, and by the way our season isn't actually a disaster despite our injury problems, which is why people are "defending to the hilt".  If you don't consider two semi finals and a possibility of Europe through league placing acceptable then you haven't been following Hearts for very long.

Spot on, Frank.  There's no doubt that we could be more secure right now in the top 3 but we are where we are and could still finish the season very successfully.  We would all have taken this outcome at the start of the season.

We will be even stronger next season, whether Naismith is with us or not.

i wish jj was my dad
58 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

No we don't. Stop making shite up.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Frank I have consistently had the same view for months, we need a change in the summer. People defend us using stats but the team is painful to watch and the coaching and management team show no signs of establishing a settled pattern of play or ability to change games when it is not happening for us. 

The many people who hold this view also want us to win the cup, we are Hearts supporters and understand that cups are our only chance of success. A favourable draw only happens every so often and you need to take advantage. 

Forums are by their nature a platform for debate, if you can't handle that I suggest you compile a long list of people to put on ignore.

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Would love this to be the case 

it’s just a niggling thought of someone in the mls coming in for him - hope ur right though 

Can’t see him going to MLS.

From what iam told came back to Scotland to settle family for remainder of his playing career. Coupled with the fact he’s building a new house in Ayrshire.

i suspect  he will be a hearts player next season

1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

You are ridiculous. 

You joined the board less than a fortnight ago and have posted nothing positive about our club.

Have you anything good to say about Hearts ?

It won't hurt you know ☺

31 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Agreed?

29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Frank I have consistently had the same view for months, we need a change in the summer. People defend us using stats but the team is painful to watch and the coaching and management team show no signs of establishing a settled pattern of play or ability to change games when it is not happening for us. 

The many people who hold this view also want us to win the cup, we are Hearts supporters and understand that cups are our only chance of success. A favourable draw only happens every so often and you need to take advantage. 

Forums are by their nature a platform for debate, if you can't handle that I suggest you compile a long list of people to put on ignore.

Post of the year so far!! ?