Levein & Naismith

Tenor

There's plenty folk here wanting Levein out, but I reckon Naismith will only sign for us if Levein stays. So, if that is the case, what would you prefer?:

Levein out & Naismith goes

OR

Levein stays & Naismith signs

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If naismith wont stay without levein then see ya naisy.

This x 100

Even if we win this ,it's time to go.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Would like Naismith to stay but wont be broken up if he doesn't. The fact is Levein depends on him far too much. I think another manager could get far more out of our squad tbh. I want Levein to be successful and bring trophies and European football back to Hearts but at the moment I cant see any of that. And right now we're in real danger of finishing in the bottom six when you look at our last three games before the split plus the form of hibs and motherwell. 

New manager in the summer please.

rudi must stay

Don't think this is the case at all. I think he's the reason he's NOT resigning, but I know nothing about what goes on behind closed doors

19 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

No point having a Race car if you have a bus driver at the helm

Bus driver do also like speed ?

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Don't think this is the case at all. I think he's the reason he's NOT resigning, but I know nothing about what goes on behind closed doors

It appears to be the case. This was a quote from Naismith during the week:

"The opportunity Hearts have given me over the last 18 months has been great for me. I've enjoyed every minute of it and the relationship I have with the manager and the way we have chatted is definitely a really appealing option for me."

It should have been ten
43 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

No point having a Race car if you have a bus driver at the helm

?

sidjamesbottle
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Sign Naismith and sack Levein the next day ?

i like the thinking mate, Dick Dastardly style management could be the way forward

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Tenor said:

There's plenty folk here wanting Levein out, but I reckon Naismith will only sign for us if Levein stays. So, if that is the case, what would you prefer?:

OR

A combination of the above, and I say that without being fully aware of exactly what coaching badges he (Steven Naismith) already has at the moment. But getting him to stay is essential, and within the option given to him it must include that he will be appointed team manager within 2/3 years. If that means appointing another manager short term as well, then so be it. Removal of the DOF position as well will also release money which can be better spent.

What a lot of Shittte . Naismith is not stupid. More chance of him signing if Levein is gone imo . 

But fwiw Naismith will sign for the Zombies either way . 

4 hours ago, Tenor said:

It appears to be the case. This was a quote from Naismith during the week:

"The opportunity Hearts have given me over the last 18 months has been great for me. I've enjoyed every minute of it and the relationship I have with the manager and the way we have chatted is definitely a really appealing option for me."

How would a joint management role be with Levein and Naismith 

i think it could work as Naismith hardly appears a yes man

Enzo Chiefo

Get rid of Levein. If Naismith doesn't like it then he doesn't sign. Talk of giving Naismith the manager's job is bizarre. He may well be a good manager in time but there are far better candidates out there just now.

loveofthegame
4 hours ago, Tenor said:

OR

Levein out and Naismith goes would be my preference if made to choose.

Edited by loveofthegame

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Get rid of Levein. If Naismith doesn't like it then he doesn't sign. Talk of giving Naismith the manager's job is bizarre. He may well be a good manager in time but there are far better candidates out there just now.

Naismith as gaffer couldn’t be any worse. Would def be more attacking. Who would your candidates be?

36 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

How would a joint management role be with Levein and Naismith 

i think it could work as Naismith hardly appears a yes man

I would take Levein as DOF with Naismith as Head Coach.

1 hour ago, Fifetart said:

What a lot of Shittte . Naismith is not stupid. More chance of him signing if Levein is gone imo . 

But fwiw Naismith will sign for the Zombies either way . 

What utter nonsense. Naismith has already stated Levein is a big reason he would stay.

5 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

The first option mate.

Dire football.levein is starting to make JJ look progressive....

I know who’s the better manager or has been so.

Tell you one thing, I'd be sticking a clock on Naismith contract. I do not want us used as a stalking horse whilst he's trying to get a deal at ibroke. Its just plain disrespectful (Although I do think America is where he wants to go)

Levein has undoubtedly attracted players who might not have come without his sales pitch. Despite the negativity around him, has signed a number of others who have turned good and who knows if we hadn’t been hit with such long term injuries to critical players at the same time when we were on a role.

However, he does appear unable to put a team in the pitch to create enough chances against absolute dross. 

contravertial but what about appointing Naismith as player/assistant manager responsible for the forward aspects. We have goalkeeping coaches. In rugby, they have forwards and back coaches. Naismith would be responsible for tactics up front. Levein stays and has overall responsibility. 

pettigrewsstylist

Naismiths not staying. Far too many compliments about Hearts and the offer. He is off and he knows it.

letsalldothebeattie

To me Naismiths away. Despite him saying in the press “Staying at Hearts is an attractive option” look at his recent performances before injury he’s been terrible. Why’s he been terrible? Because his heads gone. Why’s his head gone? Because of the reports of a move to the MLS. Since that bit came out he has offers in America his performances have dipped it was like he was seeing out the season before jetting off stateside. 

So this is an easy choice both gone. As Naisy looks gone it doesn’t matter if he would stay if Levein stayed it’s not going to be a factor so time for Levein to go

luckyBatistuta

Levein and Naismith gone it has to be then.  I’ll drive them myself and I won’t even put the meter on...and I want Levein gone completely, none of this stepping back upstairs.

13 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Sign Naismith and sack Levein the next day ?

Like it ?

8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Naismiths not staying. Far too many compliments about Hearts and the offer. He is off and he knows it.

100% this. 

Naismith would excel even more in a free flowing attack minded team that were allowed to play with some freedom to attack crappy teams like Hamilton. Levein needs to be gone asap before he brings in anymore duds for next season. 

maroonsgotop
On 16/03/2019 at 16:05, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A wouldn't be keeping Naismith now anyway ! Far too injury prone for me

we've only won 2 league games when he's been missing

King Of The Cat Cafe

We are certainly not doing anything on the pitch that would encourage Naismith to stay if he had a decent offer in MLS or elsewhere.

wattie exploited

a new  manager who can get the team playing better football than the shit we have had to watch the last 4 months close the door on the way out Craig !!!!!!!!!!!:levein_interesting:

maroonsgotop
19 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We are certainly not doing anything on the pitch that would encourage Naismith to stay if he had a decent offer in MLS or elsewhere.

sadly I hope that's not the case. I hate to think where we'd be without Naismith. In the 11 league games he's missed we've only picked up 8 points 

On 16/03/2019 at 21:00, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 16/03/2019 at 16:02, Tenor said:

OR

The former. Naismith is not going to solve the issues we have.

Pants Shaton

Given that despite a fairly shitty season, we are still only a few points off 3rd and in the SC semi - I would suggest a dose of perspective.  

I fully expect us to be much better next season, with Levein still at the helm.  If we're not - he'll go by the end of 2019/20 season. There is a huge amount to be said for stability.  In the meantime WTF are people actually expecting?  3rd/4th, a semi and a final (possibly) is still realistic. The football has been shite but I think we have a much clearer idea of what we need and who needs punted for next year.  We are always going to be a club that needs to gamble on new players - some have worked, others not so much.  

If we can keep Naismith, that will be a massive achievement and one which will massively benefit most of the players around him.  

I like Craig Levein but there's no doubt things need to improve.  

I don't think teams will be queing up to sign Naismith or if they do it will be on a pay when you play set up. I'd be v surprised if Naismith wasn't already banking on remaining at Hearts. He and more importantly his family is settled, he's revered at the club and this is his only (and last) chance at getting in the Scotland team which has a chance to play at Euros finals. CL being manager will make little difference as he will be here in some shape or form.

On 16/03/2019 at 16:02, Tenor said:

OR

Hearts future success isn’t about Naismith staying because Levein stays as manager. 

Levein has shown that he isn’t the man to manage Hearts and i’m sure even players 

will privately have an idea that mistakes are made but still have to praise the management 

when asked by the media. Remember Elvis, Craig and Paul holding a press conference 

about the shambles going on behind the scenes at Tyne and the backlash they received 

not only by Romanov but Hearts fans who were deluded about the truth.

Enzo Chiefo
45 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Who?

Who is better than Naismith, as a manager? The guy's never managed in his life, so pretty much anyone I would say.