Sectarian singing by Aberdeen???

DVB

Apologies if this has been done already but sure I heard on the news that Police Scotland were investigating sectarian singing at Ibrox by Aberdeen fans.

Jambof3tornado

Fat orange ******* chants aimed at Stevie G.

Ironic that the sectarian chants from Rangers and Celtic fans fall on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ironic that the sectarian chants from Rangers and Celtic fans fall on deaf ears.

especially with all the media attention that the rangers fans chants at steve clarke

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I believe that the Old Firm fans are deemed to be singing folk songs so nothing to see here.....

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Funny that the bit in ****** is not the sectarian bit but the ORANGE is apparently as the word ******* is defined as such

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/*******?s=t

and orange for some reason has no sectarian connotations in the dictionary, well not this one.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/orange?s=t

Strikes me very much like calling Craig Bellamy  a WELSH ******* was deemed racial hatred crime even though the Welsh are not a race, go figure.

Welcome to Scotland the greatest wee country in the world 

Will I get away with adding a flag I wonder?

Edited by 7628mm

Sour grapes cos one of their Darlings got mistakingly dumped out the cup.

Who was the ref that failed the SFA?

manaliveits105

The sheep are always bleeding on about us being mini huns cos of a few fools 

hope they get it tight 

Edited by manaliveits105

Anyone thinking strict liability would sort out the Old Firm, this should be a reality check for what would actually happen.

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The sheep are always bleeding on about us being mini huns cos of a few fools 

hope they get it tight 

Autocorrect got you there dude

The White Cockade

The irony of a team playing Rangers getting investigated for sectarian abuse but not Rangers

:jj_facepalm:

Scottish Football..............

36 minutes ago, TheStig said:

30k+ Celtic fans at murrayfield singing that to levein don't really recall it being mentioned in the media.

This was going through my head too. Unbelievable 

Phil Dunphy

To be fair, if Keith Jackson were to start bringing it up, they'd ban him from BearsDen.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

59 minutes ago, TheStig said:

30k+ Celtic fans at murrayfield singing that to levein don't really recall it being mentioned in the media.

That was our fault remember. If we hadn't kicked up such a fuss over 'Super Sunday', there'd have only been 22k of them singing it.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

That was our fault remember. If we hadn't kicked up such a fuss over 'Super Sunday', there'd have only been 22k of them singing it.

How stupid of us i know

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, stan said:

Anyone thinking strict liability would sort out the Old Firm, this should be a reality check for what would actually happen.

Nah, strict liability is still the way forward. Clubs would simply have to grow some balls and fight their corner.

Italian Lambretta

Did the police investigate the same thing when we played at sellick park. The scum in the corner clearly heard singing Craig Levein was a sad orange b. 

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

I know that the abuse by the rangers fans aimed at Steve Clark was in the media but did the police investigate that?

I'm sure the relevant people would have had a brief chat about it over a cup of tea and a biscuit at their latest lodge meeting !

The next time Aberdeen go to Ibrox they just should sing all the worst Rangers songs but replace the sectarian references with references to fat Gerard.  Or at least sing whatever they were singing to the tunes of the sash and so on.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Funny that the bit in ****** is not the sectarian bit but the ORANGE is apparently as the word ******* is defined as such

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/*******?s=t

and orange for some reason has no sectarian connotations in the dictionary, well not this one.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/orange?s=t

Strikes me very much like calling Craig Bellamy  a WELSH ******* was deemed racial hatred crime even though the Welsh are not a race, go figure.

Welcome to Scotland the greatest wee country in the world 

Will I get away with adding a flag I wonder?

Yeah I laughed at that too, it seems they object to being called Orange or the H word.

I think if you look it up calling someone a Welsh whatever is deemed as racist in today’s world, race or not.

Edited by Pasquale for King

N Lincs Jambo

Had to laugh when I saw that earlier today. Now as much as I dislike the mutton molesters one thing I can’t ever say about them is that they are guilty of singing sectarian songs. That’s the best part of 5 decades. The Rangers on the other hand????

3 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Jimmy Calderwood was definitely orange. And subjectively a *******.

No subjective about it he was a ****ing prick , alky red nosed orange permatan . I’m Jimmy Calderwood please don’t let anyone sit near me n Jimmy Nicholl. Go and **** yourself ya twat i know who ya are your in here every ****ing night. Piss off

jamtartan74
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

No subjective about it he was a ****ing prick , alky red nosed orange permatan . I’m Jimmy Calderwood please don’t let anyone sit near me n Jimmy Nicholl. Go and **** yourself ya twat i know who ya are your in here every ****ing night. Piss off

U ok sadj ?

2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

U ok sadj ?

? I am now ?

I remember going in one night and the puggy was broken. Got told one of our more annoying punters had pissed off the wrong person and had their head put gently into said puggy. Every bit of me was hoping it was Lolderwood ??‍♂️

jamtartan74
Just now, sadj said:

? I am now ?

I remember going in one night and the puggy was broken. Got told one of our more annoying punters had pissed off the wrong person and had their head put gently into said puggy. Every bit of me was hoping it was Lolderwood ??‍♂️

Just checking mate ??? Good lad 

9 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Just checking mate ??? Good lad 

I can be polite about Aberdeen managers too

Craig Brown might of been a boring manager at times but so intelligent about football and used to love the game and talk to you in depth about it. Didn’t matter where he bumped into you either he’d always say hi or stop and get a wee catch up and ask after you. 

Steve Paterson - Amazing coach , best I ever had , again very articulate and knowlegable even for all his personal problems he used to make the effort with you and would talk to you in depth about the game. Remember Giggs coming up to visit him and just sitting in awe talking to the pair of them. 

Just not these ones:

Willie Miller - Trumpet - said on here many times about his Espionage pulling act , Lolderwood n Nicholl both utter trumpets of trumpets. 

Edited by sadj

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I can be polite about Aberdeen managers too

Craig Brown might of been a boring manager at times but so intelligent about football and used to love the game and talk to you in depth about it. Didn’t matter where he bumped into you either he’d always say hi or stop and get a wee catch up and ask after you. 

Steve Paterson - Amazing coach , best I ever had , again very articulate and knowlegable even for all his personal problems he used to make the effort with you and would talk to you in depth about the game. Remember Giggs coming up to visit him and just sitting in awe talking to the pair of them. 

Just not these ones:

Willie Miller - Trumpet - said on here many times about his Espionage pulling act , Lolderwood n Nicholl both utter trumpets of trumpets. 

Sound man just enjoyed your wee rant there ?, I take it you were involved or played at some level with the mighty dons at some point then?

Deflection away from the fact they are winning nothing again this season ,the Rangers media machine in full flow

10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Sound man just enjoyed your wee rant there ?, I take it you were involved or played at some level with the mighty dons at some point then?

Alway rant about Calderwood n Nicholl pair of them piss me off. Was so chuffed Nicholl was Cowdenbeath manager ?? Iv been around the game yeah ? Had the pleasure once of taking a corner in front of Rangers fans at Pittodrie and getting absolutely drenched in spit from them aswell as some choice words. (That brings it back to fan behaviour) ? 

10 minutes ago, fila said:

Deflection away from the fact they are winning nothing again this season ,the Rangers media machine in full flow

I think this is very much part of it along with the idiotic appeal against Morelos’s booking , oh poor us look how bad people are to us. Forget we haven’t taken any steps forward from last year. Haven’t they less points than after 29 games last year and also qf of the scottish cup is worse than last year. Our fans jump on these things let alone Rangers ones. Deflection machine on , Traynors typewriter readied and here we go...

Edited by sadj

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You can't punish ''OF'' fans for their culture and history.

19 hours ago, stan said:

Exactly this..

Probably why the other clubs in Scotland don't want to go for it.. shame as it could solve most bad behaviour at football grounds..