• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gambo

• haveyouheard 22

• Fxxx the SPFL

• jamtartan74

On 08/04/2019 at 18:57, willie wallace said:

For anyone still looking we have seats available on a bus leaving from The Spice Lounge in Drumbrae at 10am and returning after the game..

Family friendly bus and no alcohol allowed.

PM me if interested.

Apologies to Gambo if required for using this thread?

Do you have any availibilty left on bus at all ?

portobellojambo1

Just a quick head up to all who are running and/or travelling on buses to Hampden on Saturday. There will be a very heavy police presence on the road through to Glasgow and a very, very high chance your bus will be stopped. Best to do the sensible things on Saturday which are either get on the bus and take no alcohol on with you or if you are unable to go for around 1 hour without alcohol intake anyway it might be better not to actually go to the game at all but make a medical appointment instead as it is a sign of a very serious health problem.

fabienleclerq

Having a drink on the bus doesn't make you an alcoholic Ffs, why does it rile folk so much. 

haveyouheard 22
20 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just a quick head up to all who are running and/or travelling on buses to Hampden on Saturday. There will be a very heavy police presence on the road through to Glasgow and a very, very high chance your bus will be stopped. Best to do the sensible things on Saturday which are either get on the bus and take no alcohol on with you or if you are unable to go for around 1 hour without alcohol intake anyway it might be better not to actually go to the game at all but make a medical appointment instead as it is a sign of a very serious health problem.

Jesus loves me yes I know, how patronising, each to there own 

portobellojambo1
18 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Having a drink on the bus doesn't make you an alcoholic Ffs, why does it rile folk so much. 

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Jesus loves me yes I know, how patronising, each to there own 

Apologies to the both of you for passing on some information. In reality the post was intended for the likes of Gambo and more recently Willie Wallace, who are running buses, and will be the ones along with the drivers and their businesses who will incur any fines if a bus is stopped and alcohol is found. And the fines are far from small. The bit at the end, regards being unable to go for around 1 hour without having any alcohol, you can take how you want. Drinking on a bus doesn't make you an alcoholic, being unable to go for around an hour without having any alcohol during that period does in itself, potentially suggest a problem. But bash on.

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Apologies to the both of you for passing on some information. In reality the post was intended for the likes of Gambo and more recently Willie Wallace, who are running buses, and will be the ones along with the drivers and their businesses who will incur any fines if a bus is stopped and alcohol is found. And the fines are far from small. The bit at the end, regards being unable to go for around 1 hour without having any alcohol, you can take how you want. Drinking on a bus doesn't make you an alcoholic, being unable to go for around an hour without having any alcohol during that period does in itself, potentially suggest a problem. But bash on.

What ever 

37 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I know you can't take alcohol on the bus but it is a semi final and I like

a drink before leaving 

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

a drink before leaving 

And I doubt you will be the only person heading to Hampden who may well get on a bus after stopping off somewhere for a pint or a nip before actually getting on a bus. I don't think the police will look in your stomach :)

haveyouheard 22

Get the train , it will definitely   make sure you aint sitting beside someone who will bore the shite of you  on a bus, while you sup away 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

broxburnjambo

II would leave it there Portobellojambo1.

You have indicated that there will be an increased police presence on route to Glasgow, giving other bus conveyors who don't normally arrange travel a heads up on potentially being stopped and searched for alcohol.

I would expect a thank you, but others appear to want to make a thing about drinking on supporters buses. 

broxburnjambo
4 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Get the train , it will definitely   make sure you aint sitting beside someone who will bore the shite of you  on a bus, while you sup away 

And an alcohol ban on said train might scupper your plans.

18 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

a drink before leaving 

Maybe you should go to your GP and get help for your drink problem.?.

haveyouheard 22
17 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

And an alcohol ban on said train might scupper your plans.

Never happened before

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

II would leave it there Portobellojambo1.

You have indicated that there will be an increased police presence on route to Glasgow, giving other bus conveyors who don't normally arrange travel a heads up on potentially being stopped and searched for alcohol.

I would expect a thank you, but others appear to want to make a thing about drinking on supporters buses. 

If folk were unaware buses may be searched then they haven't been to many big games. Im sure PJ1's intentions on that front were good. He made an issue of people drinking not the other way around. 

20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If folk were unaware buses may be searched then they haven't been to many big games. Im sure PJ1's intentions on that front were good. He made an issue of people drinking not the other way around. 

PJ is normally a reasoned poster but I think he's been at the cheeky pills today ?

I say that as a teetotal person who will be using public transport  on Saturday.

My companions and myself prefer to travel independently and do our own thing so we don't have to bother about some bus convener who thinks he's our mum.?

1 hour ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Never happened before

It did in 1996 on return trip to Edinburgh a friend got cautioned by the police on the train and beer confiscated!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It did in 1996 on return trip to Edinburgh a friend got cautioned by the police on the train and beer confiscated!

Well there you go, imagine that Statto

As long as you behave yerself never had or seen any issues that might unfold

On the way back that can be different as you have sly ferkers looking to be offended about nothing who will dob there own in at the drop of a hat

broxburnjambo
12 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Well there you go, imagine that Statto

As long as you behave yerself never had or seen any issues that might unfold

On the way back that can be different as you have sly ferkers looking to be offended about nothing who will dob there own in at the drop of a hat

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/scotrail-putting-extra-seats-hearts-16095291

Alcohol ban in place.

1 hour ago, broxburnjambo said:

Only once you're in Glasgow though:

"There will be extra staff on-hand to assist people on the trains, while alcohol bans will be in-place between Glasgow and Mount Florida/King's Park" 

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Correct it doesn't. The rule is there though, and if broken the driver and the likes of Gambo will be in trouble. Considering the drivers job is in jeopardy and the amount of time spent by Gambo and the other bus organisers think they could sack drinking for an hour so nobody gets into bother with the polis especially the West of Scotland ones. Portobello Jambo is only passing on some sound advice IMO. 

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct it doesn't. The rule is there though, and if broken the driver and the likes of Gambo will be in trouble. Considering the drivers job is in jeopardy and the amount of time spent by Gambo and the other bus organisers think they could sack drinking for an hour so nobody gets into bother with the polis especially the West of Scotland ones. Portobello Jambo is only passing on some sound advice IMO. 

I can see he was passing on advice about buses but he also threw in a comment about seeking medical help so he invited a bit of stick. I'm sure he's a big enough boy to defend himself. 

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, luckydug said:

PJ is normally a reasoned poster but I think he's been at the cheeky pills today ?

I say that as a teetotal person who will be using public transport  on Saturday.

My companions and myself prefer to travel independently and do our own thing so we don't have to bother about some bus convener who thinks he's our mum.?

He is a good poster and I barely drink myself, probably 2 beers in the last two months. Its the same arguments against bevvy at the games "if you canny go 90 minutes without...." it's not the point., people can go ages without, they just want to. 

Saul Goodman

@Gambo thank you for your amazing efforts Saturday! Greatly appreciated! Great day had by all, at the stadium well in time and back early for an evening celebrating.

Hopefully keep this thread open and use it for the final? (Thread title needs adjusted)

Edited by Saul Goodman

Buses will run to Final, with 2 options available. Buses going to club beforehand and the others going straight to Hampden and back.

Just awaiting kick off time to be confirmed then I will post details.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Buses will run to Final, with 2 options available. Buses going to club beforehand and the others going straight to Hampden and back.

Just awaiting kick off time to be confirmed then I will post details.

3pm surely?

Just now, been here before said:

3pm surely?

Hopefully, but sure there's been some chat it could be moved to 2pm because of the rugby final at Celtic Park.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Hopefully, but sure there's been some chat it could be moved to 2pm because of the rugby final at Celtic Park.

Theres a huge part of you thinks 'no danger can they move the time of the cup final... but then you realise who we're dealing with here... for what little its probably worth its listed on the SFA website as 3pm...

Screenshot_20190417-083839.thumb.jpg.39fccfe6ea32a50679171adee53ddca5.jpg

...which I suppose could well turn out to be 6.55 on a Thursday evening in Dingwall right enough given its the SFA.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

For what little its probably worth its listed on the SFA website as 3pm...

Screenshot_20190417-083839.thumb.jpg.39fccfe6ea32a50679171adee53ddca5.jpg

...which I suppose could well turn out to be 6.55 on a Thursday evening in Dingwall right enough given its the SFA.

Haha aye, who knows with them. I'm pretty sure it will be 3 tbh, had just read speculation they wanted to move it slightly to police the crowds.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ElaineDunc62749 said:

Hi gambo can you reserve a seat please Elaine. Thanks 

Will do. Can you pm me a contact number. Also do you want club bus or direct bus? Bus via club leaves Sighthill 10am going to social club in Glasgow beforehand £14pp OR direct to Hampden leaving at 12.30 £13pp.?

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Buses to club are full.

Still space on direct to Hampden bus.

I’m looking for four seats gambo.

Do The Dance
7 hours ago, Gambo said:

Buses to club are full.

Shite, missed it. I didn’t realise the full details were what you put above. Also thought the lack of replies on the thread meant you’d have plenty seats available.

16 hours ago, Gambo said:

Buses to club are full.

Is their still any seats left for straight to Hampden, if so can I get two?

Fat Striker

I don’t know if it’s just too early, but compared to previous finals there doesn’t seem to be many bus options being posted (especially those with a pre-match venue for a drink organised). 

Hoping that will change...

39 minutes ago, Fat Striker said:

I don’t know if it’s just too early, but compared to previous finals there doesn’t seem to be many bus options being posted (especially those with a pre-match venue for a drink organised). 

Hoping that will change...

Agreed me and a few of my mates are struggling.

Tried Giffnock, Queens Park, Indoor Bowling club and the Shed so far and no luck.

Suggestions are welcome.

4 hours ago, Quaker said:

Is their still any seats left for straight to Hampden, if so can I get two?

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Any spaces left Gambo? looking for 2 if poss

Sent pm to both.

I still have a few seats available on direct bus.

I MAY have additional seats available on the club option buses. I have secured extra space in the social club but I am just awaiting reply from coach company (That may not be until Monday morning).

So if interested I can take names on a list for this bus, on the understanding that it is only provisional just now.

Direct bus leaves Sighthill 12.30pm @ £13pp.

Club bus leaves at 10am, club is 11am -1.30pm @ £14pp

Pick up in Livingston also.

Toilets on buses, but NO ALCOHOL ON BUSES.

37 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Gambo, I need two seats if still available on direct bus. Cheers.

33 minutes ago, David1608 said:

Hi Gambo i would like 3 seats if still available

Pms sent to both.?

Just now, Gambo said:

I still have a few seats available on direct bus.

I MAY have additional seats available on the club option buses. I have secured extra space in the social club but I am just awaiting reply from coach company (That may not be until Monday morning).

So if interested I can take names on a list for this bus, on the understanding that it is only provisional just now.

Direct bus leaves Sighthill 12.30pm @ £13pp.

Club bus leaves at 10am, club is 11am -1.30pm @ £14pp

Pick up in Livingston also.

Toilets on buses, but NO ALCOHOL ON BUSES.

2 spaces please.....rather from club but will take sighthill if only option left.