Levein’s plans for next season

Alex Kintner

buzzbomb1958
12 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Did you notice that gaggle midway through the 2nd half yesterday. Shoulder shrugging each other with clueless looks on their faces, not a clue how to change things. That includes Levein with a vacant look on his face. To many chiefs with too much input in advance, not enough constructive input when things are crumbling in front of their/our eyes. 

The worst thing that could happen would be Levein moves back upstairs with one of that crew taking over, well taking orders from above.

GTF the lot of you! 

Of the same opinion the whole lot of them need put out with the bins

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• kimosavi

• sadj

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 15/03/2019 at 18:48, Mdoug79 said:

I wasn't convinced Levein would be in charge next season but having read that I now believe he will be. Am i happy with that?......Bloody right I am. For any club outwith the ugly sisters to compete at the top end in the SPL need stability and continuity, Sacking managers every bad season and starting again only wastes money and money is scarce outwith the uglies. We have a Hearts man in charge of our team and a Hearts women running the show, Anyone who doesn't think that is a good thing are mad. Id bet you every fan of every other Scottish league team Celtic apart would love to be in our position....A Hearts fan looking after the club and Hearts fan running the football. That doesn't mean they wont make mistakes but it does mean that we know every single decision is made with our clubs best interest at heart. The same certainly couldn't be said for a new club from the West coast. 

Things aren't perfect but they are getting better and they are being built not for this season or next but for the long standing and hopefully successful future of our club. Knowing that your manager isn't going to walk out and leave a project half done when a club coming waving cash at him can only be good for us. 

We have improved on and off the field, the football certainly isn't the best to watch at present but we are improving. A well known manager at Man U took time to be successful! CL & AB are doing everything they can to make us successful and we should be doing everything we can to help, Getting on CL or AB's case every bad result etc is not helping. Back them for god sake through thick and thin. They stepped up to help us when we were on our knees its time for the haters to start stepping up and helping our manager when he is struggling because we 100% know that we all want the same and that is very rarely the case in Scottish Football. Be careful what you wish for. Believe me our club and the stability we have IS the envy of nearly every club in Scotland whether they would admit to that or not.

Lets back the lads for the final push and get ready for another crack next season>

Some fair points in there but watching Hearts home and away nearly every week and the absolute dross that is being served up makes it impossible to share the view that Levein is the man to take us forward.

21 hours ago, Bozi said:

Seriously, I am struggling to get this post, is it ironic, sardonic, moronic? 

Neither, next.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Neither, next.

I think you mean none of the above 

Still trying to figure out your response, which wasn't your post and figure out exactly what your issue is 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

I think you mean none of the above 

Still trying to figure out your response, which wasn't your post and figure out exactly what your issue is 

I was quoting David Brent so meant "neither", which is why I said it.

Stephane Grappelli
15 minutes ago, Mort said:

Some fair points in there but watching Hearts home and away nearly every week and the absolute dross that is being served up makes it impossible to share the view that Levein is the man to take us forward.

This.

I'm kind of hoping that most of his plans for next season revolve around sitting in a bookies in Fife on match days.

Edited by Paul Shark

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I was quoting David Brent so meant "neither", which is why I said it.

So can you tell me what the problem was with the original post 

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

So can you tell me what the problem was with the original post 

There was no problem with the original post.

57 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

I'm kind of hoping that most of his plans for next season revolve around sitting in a bookies in Fife on match days.

And going back to supporting Raith.

Finlay James
21 hours ago, jamboj said:

The season ticket sales, and therefore budget are in serious trouble for next season, unless something (the coach) changes. 

A season ticket saves you about one game worth of money. There will be several thousand people considering whether they wouldn't rather buy a ticket for the odd game, rather than a season book. 

I can't see me shelling out 500£ for a premium seat again next year to watch more of this eye bleeding rubbish. What's the point?! 

FFS we hear this every preseason from whinging attention seekers and it never comes to fruition.

If you and the several thousand others (??) want to stop watching Hearts, then do it and leave following the club to those of us who are there through thick and thin.

27 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

FFS we hear this every preseason from whinging attention seekers and it never comes to fruition.

If you and the several thousand others (??) want to stop watching Hearts, then do it and leave following the club to those of us who are there through thick and thin.

Great idea, superb. 

Let's play rubbish football, in front of smaller crowds with less chance of success. After all, supporting Hearts is all about the hardcore who deck themselves out in club shop gear and go to every game, home and away. No one else is a proper Jambo eh

33 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Oh and your wee giggle at the potential drop off. Look at our average attendances over the last 20 years, they have varied by the thousands. 

Edited by jamboj
Typo

Finlay James
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Great idea, superb. 

Let's play rubbish football, in front of smaller crowds with less chance of success. After all, supporting Hearts is all about the hardcore who deck themselves out in club shop gear and go to every game, home and away. No one else is a proper Jambo eh

I think you're missing my point, you're talking shite as thousands of fans won't dessert the club.  You crack in though, I'm sure you'll be missed ??

5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I think you're missing my point, you're talking shite as thousands of fans won't dessert the club.  You crack in though, I'm sure you'll be missed ??

I'm not saying I'll be missed. I'm saying the exact opposite of your point. I believe our season ticket sales will suffer significantly next season. I'm saying that because our average attendance has fluctuated by thousands in the past, and that a natural reason for a drop is a poor team, playing boring football and not bringing success. Things going as they are will cause a fall in ticket sales, in my view. That's logic and evidence. You're not bringing either of those things, you're just typing whatever comes into your head based on what you will do next season

And a drop of 1000 in season ticket sales would cost us the budget of a couple of first team players. That's why I advocate a change. 

Disagree, that's fine, the forum is for debate. But bring something resembling evidence or logic. 

Finlay James
13 minutes ago, jamboj said:

I'm not saying I'll be missed. I'm saying the exact opposite of your point. I believe our season ticket sales will suffer significantly next season. I'm saying that because our average attendance has fluctuated by thousands in the past, and that a natural reason for a drop is a poor team, playing boring football and not bringing success. Things going as they are will cause a fall in ticket sales, in my view. That's logic and evidence. You're not bringing either of those things, you're just typing whatever comes into your head based on what you will do next season

And a drop of 1000 in season ticket sales would cost us the budget of a couple of first team players. That's why I advocate a change. 

Disagree, that's fine, the forum is for debate. But bring something resembling evidence or logic. 

I do disagree because you're not presenting any evidence.  How can you possibly know whether fans will renew?  You don't is the answer.  However, your point was made as a way of making a sensationalist statement that fans will leave in their droves if they don't get their own way.  I'm correct, in that our fans, despite what they may say on JKB, don't dessert the club.

Time to get behind rather than against the club I would suggest.

4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I do disagree because you're not presenting any evidence.  How can you possibly know whether fans will renew?  You don't is the answer.  However, your point was made as a way of making a sensationalist statement that fans will leave in their droves if they don't get their own way.  I'm correct, in that our fans, despite what they may say on JKB, don't dessert the club.

Time to get behind rather than against the club I would suggest.

So you don't think that the FACT that our attendance has gone up and down in the past is evidence that it could do again? You're deliberately ignoring the facts. 

Very clearly our fans are not happy just now. It doesn't take "droves" not renewing to make a big dent, as I've explained a drop of 1000 would cause a problem. 

It's common sense. If hearts were left (as you suggested earlier) to the hardcore then we'd have a fraction of the ground filled. Play entertaining, successful football and the crowd and therefore budget goes up. Better for everyone. 

31 minutes ago, jamboj said:

So you don't think that the FACT that our attendance has gone up and down in the past is evidence that it could do again? You're deliberately ignoring the facts. 

Very clearly our fans are not happy just now. It doesn't take "droves" not renewing to make a big dent, as I've explained a drop of 1000 would cause a problem. 

It's common sense. If hearts were left (as you suggested earlier) to the hardcore then we'd have a fraction of the ground filled. Play entertaining, successful football and the crowd and therefore budget goes up. Better for everyone. 

We had this argument a year ago and it never happened.  Hearts attendances have always gone up and down around a hard core support figure based on team performances.

A couple of attractive signings in the summer and the season ticket sales will roll in.

History isn't on your side pal, we only lose the fair weather fans when the team isn't playing well but they usually drift back.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We had this argument a year ago and it never happened.  Hearts attendances have always gone up and down around a hard core support figure based on team performances.

A couple of attractive signings in the summer and the season ticket sales will roll in.

History isn't on your side pal, we only lose the fair weather fans when the team isn't playing well but they usually drift back.

I've never said they won't drift back. I'm absolutely certain they will. But if 1000 don't renew, and we've seen that and bigger drops before, then we are out one or two first team players 

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

I've never said they won't drift back. I'm absolutely certain they will. But if 1000 don't renew, and we've seen that and bigger drops before, then we are out one or two first team players 

So you want to weaken the team to make Hearts better?

:interehjrling:

For the benefit of doubt, your plan won't work.

Edited by frankblack

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So you want to weaken the team to make Hearts better?

:interehjrling:

For the benefit of doubt, your plan won't work.

When did I say that? 

I want Levein to go, a forward thinking coach to come in, as many fans in as possible, so the club can progess. I don't want to spend my money and time watching horrible football. Is that wrong somehow? 

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

When did I say that? 

I want Levein to go, a forward thinking coach to come in, as many fans in as possible, so the club can progess. I don't want to spend my money and time watching horrible football. Is that wrong somehow? 

At the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to go.  I just don't think your threats will make any substantial difference as last season proved.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, old school tie said:

About 50% of home games are not played on a Saturday any more. I don't see the point in a season ticket.

Season ticket is valid for all games, not just games on a Saturday. 

Just now, frankblack said:

At the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to go.  I just don't think your threats will make any substantial difference as last season proved.

As I said before, it's not about me. It's about the big picture

If you look on transfermarkt or any number of other sites, you'll see the fluctuation in our average gate each year. It's in the thousands. Common sense would suggest that's to do with how the team are performing. Most people don't think the team is currently performing well. So, I believe we will see a drop off, unless something changes. 

Finlay James
56 minutes ago, jamboj said:

When did I say that? 

The problem is that even if we do bring in a new head coach, the first draw or defeat and folk will want rid.  Craig Levein has his flaws but history suggests that he builds a team from the bottom up.  He is changing the culture of the club, one small example being how the youth teams approach games against Hibs and the old firm.  This is exactly what we need/needed and if it's given time, the results will be better than we've experienced before.  

The down side of course is that football fans want results instantly.

The way he is building the 1st team may not please everyone but he has a limited budget.  He's started by putting a spine in place; Berra, Souttar, Haring, Djoum, Naismith, Ikpeazu.  That's where the majority of the budget has gone and why we took a cheap and speculative punt in Mulraney and  gave a chance to Morrison.  He's already made it clear that his summer spending will be on pace/flair and we're also building on the spine with targeting Halkett.   Im confident that no matter who is in charge, we will be more consistent and effective next season.

35 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The problem is that even if we do bring in a new head coach, the first draw or defeat and folk will want rid.  Craig Levein has his flaws but history suggests that he builds a team from the bottom up.  He is changing the culture of the club, one small example being how the youth teams approach games against Hibs and the old firm.  This is exactly what we need/needed and if it's given time, the results will be better than we've experienced before.  

The way he is building the 1st team may not please everyone but he has a limited budget.  He's started by putting a spine in place; Berra, Souttar, Haring, Djoum, Naismith, Ikpeazu.  That's where the majority of the budget has gone and why we took a cheap and speculative punt in Mulraney and  gave a chance to Morrison.  He's already made it clear that his summer spending will be on pace/flair and we're also building on the spine with targeting Halkett.   Im confident that no matter who is in charge, we will be more consistent and effective next season.

Do you sometimes wonder if Levein is doing too much at Hearts that the first team suffers?

47 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The main problem is recruitment and I'm not just talking about ability here . 

The team are playing like they just don't care or fear defeat . That mindset  is hacking off most Hearts fans in know, the acceptance of mediocrity in performance and results . 

Its festering from the management, coaching staff to the players . 

Personally I don't think CL has the passion for it  anymore he is to comfortable in his role and it's manifesting in the team imo . 

Edited by ramrod

Finlay James
22 minutes ago, kila said:

Do you sometimes wonder if Levein is doing too much at Hearts that the first team suffers?

I do.  I like the coaching structure in place but for me, Levein should be more hands on with the 1st team.  He stated recently that he spends two days with the team and leaves it to McPhee etc the rest of the time.  I understand why he does this as he is developing them but for me, this is partly why we don't have consistency and look like we lack leadership.  I think he should either be DOF, or head coach but not both.  My preference is DOF.

Finlay James
23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The main problem is recruitment and I'm not just talking about ability here . 

The team are playing like they just don't care or fear defeat . That mindset  is hacking off most Hearts fans in know, the acceptance of mediocrity in performance and results . 

Its festering from the management, coaching staff to the players . 

Personally I don't think CL has the passion for it  anymore he is to comfortable in his role and it's manifesting in the team imo . 

I think the players are too nice.  A current 1st team player told me that after the 5-0 defeat to Livi, in the dressing room, you could see who cared and who didn't and apparently it was not pretty.

We need some nasty ******* in the team and getting Naismith signed up is a good start.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

He didn’t sign Berra, Souttar or Djoum, it’s likely that Naismith and Djoum will leave in the summer. Souttar and Haring might be sold, Haring hasn’t signed a new contract. That leaves us with Berra who is a shadow of the player he was and might never get back to where he was unfortunately. Halkett hasn’t signed yet, but a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball since January 2017. Building a spine, are you serious? Limited budget? Compared to who? 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, kila said:

What is that though ? We have an academy director now so it’s not that. We have a new scouting system, that’s failing badly so if it’s that he’s to blame. We have a group of coaches who train a team that look unfit, have no plan of attack and don’t seem to care. He’s to blame for that as he only does two days a week with them. So what does actually do.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t sign Berra, Souttar or Djoum, it’s likely that Naismith and Djoum will leave in the summer. Souttar and Haring might be sold, Haring hasn’t signed a new contract. That leaves us with Berra who is a shadow of the player he was and might never get back to where he was unfortunately. Halkett hasn’t signed yet, but a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball since January 2017. Building a spine, are you serious? Limited budget? Compared to who? 

Characteristic nonsense -  based on what?

Well firstly YOU think it is likely and even if they do leave, these things happen every year at nearly every club and they may even be replaced by better players. depending on who is available

Souttar and Haring MIGHT be sold.  They also might not but again these things happen at every club and again the money may be used for better replacements.  Bear in mind that Haring has missed a good few games through injury and is still not back to his best form.  It is true he has not signed a new contract but there are probably hundreds throughout the country in the same boat.  It is what happens often as contracts are up for renewal.

White must have been passed by the medics and if he manages to get up to full fitness will be an asset, based firstly on his previous form and secondly, he will play in a position that has proved difficult to fill, partially due to injuries to Smith-Brown and Mitchell.

Halkett hasn't YET signed but that doesn't mean that he or A N Other will not sign for central defence, if indeed that is where he is to be used.

We have had a limited budget up to now but unless your crap and dismal crystal ball can tell us otherwise, I am not aware an actual player budget has been prepared for the upcoming season.  You can compare our budget to that of other clubs who are not financed on debt as I doubt AB will be leading us back to the position she inherited.

PS - I see your friend managed to score for Fleetwood at the weekend.