Levein’s plans for next season

Alex Kintner

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Excellent contribution. At least some on here are open to discussion while others have (it seems) not a lot to say. Enjoy your afternoon.

Fair point. I just don’t have the energy to pick out the specific parts of your post which I believe are nonsense. Just agree to disagree. 

Have a good weekend ?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• kimosavi

• sadj

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should have been ten
On 15/03/2019 at 06:27, Hood09 said:

Sounds like a man clinging on to his job if you ask me

No one asked you....slaver ?

On 15/03/2019 at 07:04, Bozi said:

The hanging gardens of Babylon

Miles Davis the black unicorn

I give to you

The Palaces of Montezuma

And the Gardens of Akbar's tomb

I give to you

I beg your ****ing pardon you cheeky *****?

2 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Fair point. I just don’t have the energy to pick out the specific parts of your post which I believe are nonsense. Just agree to disagree. 

Have a good weekend ?

Fair enough. Just a shame that other readers (or myself) can't identify which parts you disagree with, the style of play from the first paragraph, the fans financial contributions in paragraph 2 or the stand flaws in paragraph 3.

I intend to have a good weekend however...that'll be up to Hearts at Hamilton to be honest :mellow: 

10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Fair enough. Just a shame that other readers (or myself) can't identify which parts you disagree with, the style of play from the first paragraph, the fans financial contributions in paragraph 2 or the stand flaws in paragraph 3.

I intend to have a good weekend however...that'll be up to Hearts at Hamilton to be honest :mellow: 

Could you say WTF the SUPPOSED stand flaws or financial contributions have to do with CL's current plans for next season?

Moan. moan.moan...

merseyjambo
26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I can understand a lot of the frustrations you have there but disagree with a couple of them. Overall though I’m glad that despite having those reservations about Levein it hasn’t stopped you going and supporting the team ??

I’ve been going to games since 1979 and saw the Jim Denny and Pat McShane years so this is great football by comparison. 

The frustration is is that I think we could be so much better than we are at the moment. We lack attacking intent and are a bit too one dimensional and ponderous. 

I’m sat in work at moment with Radio Scotland on waiting for game to start. I’m 50 something but haven’t lost my love for the Jambos.

Cruyff Turn

This season seems like 96/97 when JJ was putting a team together. 

Imagine if if we had the same attitudes on here as we did then. 

Looking forward to see what Levein has up his sleeve next season. 

Contenders for the title in 2 seasons me thinks. 

:clyay:

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve been going to games since 1979 and saw the Jim Denny and Pat McShane years so this is great football by comparison. 

The frustration is is that I think we could be so much better than we are at the moment. We lack attacking intent and are a bit too one dimensional and ponderous. 

I’m sat in work at moment with Radio Scotland on waiting for game to start. I’m 50 something but haven’t lost my love for the Jambos.

HHGH ??

The Future's Maroon
20 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

I wasn't convinced Levein would be in charge next season but having read that I now believe he will be. Am i happy with that?......Bloody right I am. For any club outwith the ugly sisters to compete at the top end in the SPL need stability and continuity, Sacking managers every bad season and starting again only wastes money and money is scarce outwith the uglies. We have a Hearts man in charge of our team and a Hearts women running the show, Anyone who doesn't think that is a good thing are mad. Id bet you every fan of every other Scottish league team Celtic apart would love to be in our position....A Hearts fan looking after the club and Hearts fan running the football. That doesn't mean they wont make mistakes but it does mean that we know every single decision is made with our clubs best interest at heart. The same certainly couldn't be said for a new club from the West coast. 

Things aren't perfect but they are getting better and they are being built not for this season or next but for the long standing and hopefully successful future of our club. Knowing that your manager isn't going to walk out and leave a project half done when a club coming waving cash at him can only be good for us. 

We have improved on and off the field, the football certainly isn't the best to watch at present but we are improving. A well known manager at Man U took time to be successful! CL & AB are doing everything they can to make us successful and we should be doing everything we can to help, Getting on CL or AB's case every bad result etc is not helping. Back them for god sake through thick and thin. They stepped up to help us when we were on our knees its time for the haters to start stepping up and helping our manager when he is struggling because we 100% know that we all want the same and that is very rarely the case in Scottish Football. Be careful what you wish for. Believe me our club and the stability we have IS the envy of nearly every club in Scotland whether they would admit to that or not.

Lets back the lads for the final push and get ready for another crack next season>

Cracking post.

21 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

We are lacking decent wide players.  We now have a bit of height in the side but players - both at full back and winger who can't beat a man or put a decent ball into the box.

Our midfield is under-performing too.  I expected a lot more from Olly Lee to be honest.

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I beg your ****ing pardon you cheeky *****?

Seriously, I am struggling to get this post, is it ironic, sardonic, moronic? 

On 15/03/2019 at 07:34, cocobeab said:

Sounds like a man clinging on to an agenda 

Or some one who is not blind to the damage levein as manager is doing to our club. Gifted an easy run to a semi final and that’s the only reason why he is still in a job !

merseyjambo
57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We are lacking decent wide players.  We now have a bit of height in the side but players - both at full back and winger who can't beat a man or put a decent ball into the box.

Our midfield is under-performing too.  I expected a lot more from Olly Lee to be honest.

How long have we as fans been saying that. It’s been obvious for 2-3 seasons that we lack width and someone who can deliver a cross. Mulroney was never going to be an answer.

Our midfield is one paced and undynamic. 

Like it or not something needs to change and no matter what happens with CL, we cannot go through the boot room process. It’s not going to take us any further forward. It’s new ideas that’s required and we lack the basics of a plan B

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Doesn’t to me, nowhere near it. You could clearly see Hearts playing progressive, aggressive football under JJ and 98 wasn’t totally a surprise.

It’s funny, Hearts may well end up with more points this season but it was a different time 20 years ago in respect of the strength of both old firm sides, and we were far more enjoyable to watch. 

Edited by Debut 4

Stephane Grappelli
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Doesn’t to me, nowhere near it. You could clearly see Hearts playing progressive, aggressive football under JJ and 98 wasn’t totally a surprise.

It’s funny, Hearts may well end up with more points this season but it was a different time 20 years ago in respect of the strength of both old firm sides, and we were far more enjoyable to watch. 

Spot on.  1996/96 had pace goals and creativity which we then added to for a great 1997/98. 

Current squad has none of that.  Just big wages for our standards being squandered on bang average players.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

What’s your view on Naismith’s comments regarding his relationship with Levein and if we emptied Levein, would that negatively influence his decision whether or not to stay? 

Think he'd still stay to be honest 

The season ticket sales, and therefore budget are in serious trouble for next season, unless something (the coach) changes. 

A season ticket saves you about one game worth of money. There will be several thousand people considering whether they wouldn't rather buy a ticket for the odd game, rather than a season book. 

I can't see me shelling out 500£ for a premium seat again next year to watch more of this eye bleeding rubbish. What's the point?! 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We finished a comfortable fourth in 96/97, we're on course to finish sixth this season.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, andrew said:

We finished a comfortable fourth in 96/97, we're on course to finish sixth this season.

Plenty games left. There was only 10 teams in the league then. I think it’s a lot tougher now to finish 3rd or 4th than it was then.

58 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We could sign players then that would be unattainable these days. I agree, we played much better football. Squad wise though is what I’m talking about. We’ve got a good platform there to build on. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Plenty games left. There was only 10 teams in the league then. I think it’s a lot tougher now to finish 3rd or 4th than it was then.

We could sign players then that would be unattainable these days. I agree, we played much better football. Squad wise though is what I’m talking about. We’ve got a good platform there to build on. 

Plenty of games left? There is only one direction we're moving under Levein and it isn't upwards.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, andrew said:

Plenty of games left? There is only one direction we're moving under Levein and it isn't upwards.

Aye there is, we play all our rivals pretty soon. Keep your powder dry until then.

27 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Saw the teamsheet and rapidly put £40 on Hamilton @7/2. 

Yes,i thank the lord we have Levien.

Thanks Craig ?

When I saw Morrison was starting, I knew we'd not create many or any chances.

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Your thoughts today ?

Shite but I was still there supporting my team.

Maroon Sailor

He's already thinking about strikers. The kind he likes to sign. Rumour has it he has an eye on these two

IMG_2916.JPG

William H. Bonney
16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye there is, we play all our rivals pretty soon. Keep your powder dry until then.

Not a chance well pick up points against Aberdeen and rangers. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Not a chance well pick up points against Aberdeen and rangers. 

No chance at Ibrox. Might beat Aberdeen. We seem to play better in the bigger games, utter pap v the bottom 6 for some reason. 

34 minutes ago, jamboj said:

The season ticket sales, and therefore budget are in serious trouble for next season, unless something (the coach) changes. 

A season ticket saves you about one game worth of money. There will be several thousand people considering whether they wouldn't rather buy a ticket for the odd game, rather than a season book. 

I can't see me shelling out 500£ for a premium seat again next year to watch more of this eye bleeding rubbish. What's the point?! 

This for me i don't enjoy it anymore 

Its more of a chore, i have to drag myself to games now kicking and screaming in blind faith that it might get better

There's decent players in there who's confidence is absolutely shot by Craigs Negative tactics and tinkering 

Enough is enough for me now. Ann will clearly now this too by fans reactions now so the longer she backs Craig the longer I'll stay away

Its a kick in the teeth to the fans if she continues to ignore this. Its an utter shambles now  

Gibson_HMFC
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

A poster who has complained about the team lacking fight has given up. 

???

Great stuff. 

Almost feels like you just post on here just to wind up fans that do go to the games. 

If you've bailed out, wind yer neck in. 

Maybe need to get rid of that Olly Lee picture before you have any credibility mate. 

He's rubbish. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Today I went out to the shooting ground, shot a couple of rounds of trap then returned home went straight to the garage and got the lawnmower out and cut the grass. I then went into the kitchen and got the  dinner on the go ... lovely chicken curry. I open a bottle of bear and went to the backdoor and looked out at the back garden ...  not bad at all. I then went to the computer and came on here... now normally the first thing I would have done when I got home was logged on the kickback... but I knew what was awaiting me when I did. 

Honestly I don't know if it is CL or the players but if it is the players he still has no excuse as he signed them up. What I will say is that it is quite obvious that something is being lost between the coaches and the players at training because as a team we are not making any progress at all... that all I want is some tangible signs of progress and it is not materialising . 

I used to kick the cat and go sulk in my bedroom for the rest of the weekend.  What did other older JKBers do before the internet when Hearts lost a game?

I have never quite got the hang of this spilling the contents of your spleen onto the keyboard.  

Jings!  Then there is the Scottish National rugby team.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's already thinking about strikers. The kind he likes to sign. Rumour has it he has an eye on these two

IMG_2916.JPG

Problem here is that these two look like they work in tandem.

10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Problem here is that these two look like they work in tandem.

:rofl:

Rotayshun !!!!!!!!!!  It's the CL way. Keep changing until results improve. In fact, keep changing if results  DO improve. 

2 hours ago, jamboj said:

I for one won’t be renewing with him in charge the simple reason it’s boring watching his style of play 

A total bore fest 

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Saw the teamsheet and rapidly put £40 on Hamilton @7/2. 

Yes,i thank the lord we have Levien.

Thanks Craig ?

Aye, of course you did. ?

bringonthesevco
On 15/03/2019 at 15:01, Rudolf said:

I don’t think they have been overlooked , we’ve signed lots of midfielders and a few wide players to solve this  , it just so happens that the vast majority of them are dreadful ..

buzzbomb1958

Can't we send all the coaching staff on a round the world cruise twice I'd gladly carry them and their cases on to the ship just to get shot of them

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Can't we send all the coaching staff on a round the world cruise twice I'd gladly carry them and their cases on to the ship just to get shot of them

Did you notice that gaggle midway through the 2nd half yesterday. Shoulder shrugging each other with clueless looks on their faces, not a clue how to change things. That includes Levein with a vacant look on his face. To many chiefs with too much input in advance, not enough constructive input when things are crumbling in front of their/our eyes. 

The worst thing that could happen would be Levein moves back upstairs with one of that crew taking over, well taking orders from above.

GTF the lot of you! 

2 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Did you notice that gaggle midway through the 2nd half yesterday. Shoulder shrugging each other with clueless looks on their faces, not a clue how to change things. That includes Levein with a vacant look on his face. To many chiefs with too much input in advance, not enough constructive input when things are crumbling in front of their/our eyes. 

The worst thing that could happen would be Levein moves back upstairs with one of that crew taking over, well taking orders from above.

GTF the lot of you! 

Yes, I did, and a couple of others mentioned it on the match thread yesterday.