Levein’s plans for next season

Alex Kintner

Alex Kintner

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/craig-levein-looking-add-flair-15972577

Says now that he has the “pillars” of the team in place he will only need to focus on adding two or three players in the summer and these will be flair players. 

Sounds very positive and we have something special being built, similar to his first spell in charge ??

HHGH :av-1001: FTH

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• kimosavi

• sadj

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

Sounds like a man clinging on to his job if you ask me

Which part of the article made you think that?

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

How did you come to that conclusion from that article???

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully guys like Mcdonald pushing throw as well. 

Probably need a keeper as well. 

sandylejambo

I was hoping his plans included, the Parthenon, the Great Barrier Reef and the Golden Temple of A Maritsa

Edited by sandylejambo

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hopefully guys like Mcdonald pushing throw as well. 

Probably need a keeper as well. 

Yeah pleasing to hear him mention Cochrane and McDonald by name ??

Edited by To Be Frank

The Future's Maroon
30 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Odd conclusion to jump to from that article.

9 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I was hoping his plans included, the Parthenon, the Great Barrier Reef and the Golden Temple of A Maritsa

The hanging gardens of Babylon

Miles Davis the black unicorn

I give to you

The Palaces of Montezuma

And the Gardens of Akbar's tomb

I give to you

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Cochrane off the naughty step yet?

rick witter

There’s at least 5 or 6 in the current squad nowhere near consistent enough so he will need a lot more than 2 or 3 players if were are to be up near 2nd or 3rd.  That’s the problem. We are way to inconsistent. 

The board are patient and the vast majority of the supporters are realisticly patient.

As predicted, a club with a solid foundation and not one with a throw away mentality is the only route to a sustainable future and hopefully success. 

Mr Levein is delivering.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

There’s at least 5 or 6 in the current squad nowhere near consistent enough so he will need a lot more than 2 or 3 players if were are to be up near 2nd or 3rd.  That’s the problem. We are way to inconsistent. 

We are ‘near’ third just now and have had comparable success to Aberdeen in the cup competitions which suggests 2 or 3 quality signings would put us on a par with Aberdeen. Rangers budget is 3 or 4 times bigger than ours, hardly realistic to expect us to be more consistent than them.

Selkirkhmfc1874

If we manage to hold onto djoum and Naismith we need an attacking creative central midfielder , left winger and penalty box striker as minimum in my opinion but its great we've finally got the basis of a team and bit of stability 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If we manage to hold onto djoum and Naismith we need an attacking creative central midfielder , left winger and penalty box striker as minimum in my opinion but its great we've finally got the basis of a team and bit of stability 

Where’s the ‘attacking, creative central midfielder’ going to play with Djoum, Haring, naismith and Clare on the park?

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Still hoping that we sign Chris Cadden. His energy and desire to make things happen would be great for us.

Me too. Can see him filling the Stampy role on the right. Just need someone to fill the JLV role on the left. ??

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Disagree. Naismith, Clare and Wighton are our number 10s. Agree about left winger though.

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Those 5 or 6 will be replaced by the 3 new players and young players stepping up ??

Captain Sausage

We need wing backs (Cadden plus Aidy White maybe?)

I’d also like to see at least one Milinkovic type signing. I think adding pace on the wings, it’d give us the things we are currently missing. 

Add Gordon in goals, with Halkett joining our centre backs, retain Djoum and Naismith and I think we have a proper squad capable of challenging anyone. 

The lack of pace (or skill plus pace in the case of Mulraney and Morrison) means we have been lacking this season. 

22 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Still hoping that we sign Chris Cadden. His energy and desire to make things happen would be great for us.

Hearing from a couple of Motherwell fans that he’s stagnated this year, falling down pecking order behind some of their younger players. They reckon he’s not kicked in after initial promise. 

Could be a flash in the pan or may just need a change of scene to put him back on track?

Either way the guys I spoke to said Well would be mad to turn down 500k as had seemingly happened before. 

Maybe more of a gamble than we think? 

Edited by cocobeab

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Sounds like a man clinging on to an agenda 

I hope his plans for next season is to catch up with Hearts via Hearts World as he looks after his health on a beach in Spain lying on a Scottish Cup Winners 2019 beach towel.

20 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

We need wing backs (Cadden plus Aidy White maybe?)

I’d also like to see at least one Milinkovic type signing. I think adding pace on the wings, it’d give us the things we are currently missing. 

Add Gordon in goals, with Halkett joining our centre backs, retain Djoum and Naismith and I think we have a proper squad capable of challenging anyone. 

The lack of pace (or skill plus pace in the case of Mulraney and Morrison) means we have been lacking this season. 

Sorry but are you saying mulraney has no pace?

Cadden not played for ages, not sure we can fill our squad up with players that may not recover and reach the required standard....as its top heavy anyway.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Really?    Nothing what so ever in that article to suggest that.  

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I hope his plans for next season is to catch up with Hearts via Hearts World as he looks after his health on a beach in Spain lying on a Scottish Cup Winners 2019 beach towel.

Not often i agree when it comes to your view of CL but i tend to agree.

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Cadden not played for ages, not sure we can fill our squad up with players that may not recover and reach the required standard....as its top heavy anyway.

Souttar was stagnating before we picked him up now might be the time to get Cadden while people think he is struggling..

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Looking forward to the same arguments on here when we’re 5th next year :lol:

:laugh:

15 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That’s planned during the winter shutdown. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

You mean "shagger" and MacDonald? ?

Nookie Bear

He isn’t going to change his entire mindset over one summer. Dream on. 

It will I’ll continue to be the same functional, sometimes succesful and sometimes not, football we have enjoyed this far. 

It will get us so far but lack the courage to really push us on. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Tbh, allot of folk  on here could do with that as well, looking at some of the posts about CL on here, said posters health - physical and mental state could do with a reset. ?

Likley have to go at it again all next season ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You mean "shagger" and MacDonald? ?

Whats this about Cochrane?

Sounds like the fans are wanting to turn on him. 

Captain Sausage
18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sorry but are you saying mulraney has no pace?

Not good enough on the ball for where we want to be. He is plenty fast enough. Hopefully develops as he gets older but, for me, we need players with his pace and the skill level to match. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not at all, I want him to play. Thought he had a wee brush up with Levein? Strange how he hasn’t featured...

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Lack of finish yes certainly not pace.

I’m confused if the poster thinks mulraney is slow tbh.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He isn’t going to change his entire mindset over one summer. Dream on. 

It will I’ll continue to be the same functional, sometimes succesful and sometimes not, football we have enjoyed this far. 

It will get us so far but lack the courage to really push us on. 

We have pushed on tho. 

Lc group v semi

Sc qf v at least semi, I'm saying at least a final. 

League tbc, but atm 5th v 6th last year. 

If we can finish in 4th and at least make the final, "pushing us on" will be really difficult, looking at a lc final, sc winner and at least third. 

Think you may need to get it in your head that CL will be in charge next season and you(and others) need to decide what the best way of supporting that is? 

Argue on here, be negative and depressed and harp on about this - this season, pre season and all  next season 

Or

Look forward to an exciting end to this season and then look to progress, again next season. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Not good enough on the ball for where we want to be. He is plenty fast enough. Hopefully develops as he gets older but, for me, we need players with his pace and the skill level to match. 

I’ve picked up your post wrong then, looks like you’ve worded it as they both have no pace.

Just now, kila said:

Not at all, I want him to play. Thought he had a wee brush up with Levein? Strange how he hasn’t featured...

Probably better not to play him when he's injured though. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Calm down. 

Rumour was is hes got a wee lass and eh.. lost a bit focus. 

Also injured quite a bit. 

Fans turning on him..... My god. Lighten up. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We have pushed on tho. 

Lc group v semi

Sc qf v at least semi, I'm saying atcleast a final. 

League tbc, but atm 5th v 6th last year. 

If we can finish in 4th and at least make the final, "push us on" will be really difficult, looking at a lc final, sc winner and at least third. 

Think you may need to get it in your head that CL will be in charge next season and you(and others) need to decide what the best way of supporting that is? 

Argue on here, be negative and depressed and harp on about this - this season, pre season and all  next season 

Or

Look forward to an exciting end to this season and then look to progress, again next season. 

Sssh.

Your not allowed to post positive opinions.

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Probably better not to play him when he's injured though. 

Seems to be doing fine for the reserves and occasionally warming the bench :thumbsup:

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Calm down. 

Rumour was is hes got a wee lass and eh.. lost a bit focus. 

Also injured quite a bit. 

Fans turning on him..... My god. Lighten up. 

Just see quite a few digs at him on here, that’s all. None of which seem confirmed. 

Apprentky injuted but then called up by Scotland and this “new bird” rumour that you’re running with. 

I inagine Levein doesn’t fancy him ahead of Lee and Boz right now, like Edwards, and it’s no more than that.