Terror attacks(s) in Christchurch

Kiwidoug

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, religion is the most common excuse used, but we have seen wars fought over land/territory, people being from a different village/tribe, and a multitude of other reasons over the millennia, hell we have even had a war over a woman (assuming it did actually happen).

Religion IS the petrol on the fire of hate of most terrorist attacks on citizens, IRA, ISIS . Even the NAZIS wanted an "Ayran"  super race. Ku Klux Clan can be seen as having religious undertones. Far right neo Nazis have a warped sense of Christianity too.  

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Notts1874

• AlphonseCapone

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Comedian
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

I abhor this lunatics actions but it will be used by the state here to crack down further on open criticism of Islamic ideology. This kind of attack is fairly common in the Muslim world on Christian minorities or non Sunni groups but it's the first one I'm aware of that directly targeted Muslims in such numbers in the West,  hence it is huge news. The only surprising thing to me is it happened in New Zealand and not the US or France where Islamic terror has been rife.

Having seen some of the footage, there's no doubting the evil of the shooter here. Normal people do not retaliate, as his warped mind sees it, in such a way. I agree that concerns over Islamic ideology and it's integration should not be silenced. It remains a religion which condemns this attack today while a few weeks ago wanted a woman executed for drinking from the wrong cup at a well.

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Religion IS the petrol on the fire of hate of most terrorist attacks on citizens, IRA, ISIS . Even the NAZIS wanted an "Ayran"  super race. Ku Klux Clan can be seen as having religious undertones. Far right neo Nazis have a warped sense of Christianity too.  

Which means the fires of hatred must already have been burning before religion was used to further accelerate the fire.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which means the fires of hatred must already have been burning before religion was used to further accelerate the fire.

A lot of people are dissatisfied with life - relationships, work, money, intelligence.

Religion (IMO) gives people a sense of legitimate grievance and encourages them to take literally the darker sides of it.

My main concern is this will give some maniac excuse for a revenge attack and it will occur here. We've not had a big one since 2017.

Sexton Hardcastle

Seem he has British family connections claiming his parents are from Scotland/Ireland. The police report is savage.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I really am though.  I have lots of hate (what human being doesn't) but I have no harm.  There is such a huge difference between hate and harm.

I am pretty sure I don't have hate, I have lots of dislikes possibly even some strongly dislikes but hate is an emotion I personally try to avoid. I can understand someone who has lost a close relative because of anothers senseless violence having hate for that individual, but for me I have seen so much hate and been part of so much hate that realise later in life that the people I hated were no different to me. Japanese and Germans my prime example, but found later in life that in the main part they were just like me and people of my generation we pretty well done what we were told . I disagree with parts of most religions, I certainly disagree with what politicians of today do, one in particular I view with complete contempt, but regardless of my strongest negative feelings about anything  I cannot understand the level of hate that would motivate me to go out and massacre innocent men women and children. I would suggest politely that hate and harm are very close each being a perceived justification for the other.

21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

My main concern is this will give some maniac excuse for a revenge attack and it will occur here. We've not had a big one since 2017.

My main concern is that 49 innocent people have been killed.

We know here that we have the sympathy of the world for this attrocity. You will be feeling how we felt when you suffered your atrocities in the UK including the slaying of Lee Rigby and the Ariana Grande concert.

Just sickening which is exactly what the perpetrators want.  That's the world we all share.

indianajones
32 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seem he has British family connections claiming his parents are from Scotland/Ireland. The police report is savage.

Where did you read the police report?

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, indianajones said:

Where did you read the police report?

Friend shared it so imagine it’s been leaked on twitter or so.

Calls himself the ‘kebab killer’/kebab removalist.

indianajones
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Friend shared it so imagine it’s been leaked on twitter or so.

Calls himself the ‘kebab killer’/kebab removalist.

If you have a link i'd appreciate it thanks. Curious to see what it says. 

Yeah - a lot of his narrative is very 4/8chan-esq so what he calls himself isn't at all surprising really.

I've not yet read the manifesto but worryingly this ideology seems to be becoming popular.

Strange place we live in. 

Sexton Hardcastle
55 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If you have a link i'd appreciate it thanks. Curious to see what it says. 

Yeah - a lot of his narrative is very 4/8chan-esq so what he calls himself isn't at all surprising really.

I've not yet read the manifesto but worryingly this ideology seems to be becoming popular.

Strange place we live in. 

It was just a WhatsApp screenshot but I’d be sure it will be on twitter somewhere.

Brighton Jambo

The message I have heard so often today is the Muslim community blaming the media for being responsible for the anti Muslim sentiment that caused this.  In some cases, Mail & Express, this is hard to deny in our country. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I hate Islam as I find the entire ideology utterly reprehensible and despicable.  I also hate Christianity. Their doctrine and books that base their entire foundation would make Satan blush so sorry, I feel justified in my opinion here.  I also hate murder and terrorism and the death of innocent people.

Surely you mean "**** the muslim haters" which I would wholeheartedly agree with you on.  Hating an ideology, especially one that you view as such a pure evil is no crime.  To hate a human being you do not know and wish harm on them purely for what they believe is as despicable as you can get.

It makes me full of rage to know that this event happened.  I certainly do not see Islam as peaceful but I see these victims as peaceful, they were certainly innocent to the sack of excrement that felt he had the right to slaughter them.

I said what I said. You do you.

32 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The message I have heard so often today is the Muslim community blaming the media for being responsible for the anti Muslim sentiment that caused this.  In some cases, Mail & Express, this is hard to deny in our country. 

They don't help but let's not kid ourselves on. Islamist terror attacks have a ****ing big part to play too. 

Brighton Jambo
27 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

They don't help but let's not kid ourselves on. Islamist terror attacks have a ****ing big part to play too. 

Totally agree but it’s feels like both sides encourage each other onto more.  We need a period of restraint on all sides.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I am pretty sure I don't have hate, I have lots of dislikes possibly even some strongly dislikes but hate is an emotion I personally try to avoid. I can understand someone who has lost a close relative because of anothers senseless violence having hate for that individual, but for me I have seen so much hate and been part of so much hate that realise later in life that the people I hated were no different to me. Japanese and Germans my prime example, but found later in life that in the main part they were just like me and people of my generation we pretty well done what we were told . I disagree with parts of most religions, I certainly disagree with what politicians of today do, one in particular I view with complete contempt, but regardless of my strongest negative feelings about anything  I cannot understand the level of hate that would motivate me to go out and massacre innocent men women and children. I would suggest politely that hate and harm are very close each being a perceived justification for the other.

Bob Sir, I don't think I am wrong here by saying you are one of this boards eldest posters. For that and other reasons (your post history) my respect for you is unconditional. If you speak on here I listen. I do however do not buy the 'I don't hate'. Now, I am most certainly not calling you a liar but I will ask if this has always been the case? I am only in my early 40s so I hope I one day will lose the hate so to speak. I guess I am just a huge sceptic in life and I guess that is my downfall. But anyway thanks for your post and as I said my respect is yours.

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

My main concern is that 49 innocent people have been killed.

I read it as his main concern going forward.

Not much point in being concerned about something that's already happened.

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I abhor this lunatics actions but it will be used by the state here to crack down further on open criticism of Islamic ideology. This kind of attack is fairly common in the Muslim world on Christian minorities or non Sunni groups but it's the first one I'm aware of that directly targeted Muslims in such numbers in the West,  hence it is huge news. The only surprising thing to me is it happened in New Zealand and not the US or France where Islamic terror has been rife.

NZ is ''the west''?

Guest Paul Allen
18 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

NZ is ''the west''?

FFS, obviously it’s not geographically, but it is socially and politically, same as Australia.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

FFS, obviously it’s not geographically, but it is socially and politically, same as Australia.

West isn't west ''geographically''.

So, it's east, right?

I'm not sure how you can call an attack aimed at Muslims, in a country in the east, an attack on 'the west''. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

AlphonseCapone

What's West is relative. 

I just learned Australia and New Zealand aren't in Nato. I thought they were despite it's original name and purpose. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Guest Paul Allen
37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm not sure how you can call an attack aimed at Muslims, in a country in the east, an attack on 'the west''. 

You’re being obtuse. NZ is (socially and politically) a Western country.

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Bob Sir, I don't think I am wrong here by saying you are one of this boards eldest posters. For that and other reasons (your post history) my respect for you is unconditional. If you speak on here I listen. I do however do not buy the 'I don't hate'. Now, I am most certainly not calling you a liar but I will ask if this has always been the case? I am only in my early 40s so I hope I one day will lose the hate so to speak. I guess I am just a huge sceptic in life and I guess that is my downfall. But anyway thanks for your post and as I said my respect is yours.

You make your point reasonably well, it must be my poor writing that has confused you though, if you are asking me if my 'I don't hate" is true in the context you seem to see it would not be, but I think my comment that I had seen so much hate, and been part of so much hate would confirm that my statement of not hating is a major change in my lifestyle and attitude. I will correct you in one particular comment, you state you have respect etc. then state  you do not buy the I do not hate thing, you are in fact suggesting I am not telling the truth, and if you have ever read with clarity any of my posts you would have seen that the other thing that bothers me now is deliberate telling of mistruths.

With reference to the subject matter, as I have stated there will be many reasons for the ac tions of the killer, but in my elder, travelled, experienced years I put the actions down to pure hate, and that is quite often motivated not by a cause but by inadequacies in the perpetrators life and an effort to justify in his own mind his actual being. Comprehensive hates are not an emotion of the strong but of the weak.

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

You’re being obtuse. NZ is (socially and politically) a Western country.

Yes,

But how is an attack in the east, on Muslims, an attack on the west?

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not sure if this was discussed already but the racist senator got a bit of egg on his face.

Check out @9NewsMelb’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1106790897855942657?s=09

It’s was smash down on the back of his head. Anning turned startled and gave the guy a slap. If it had been Presscot he would have received a right hook. 

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I read it as his main concern going forward.

Not much point in being concerned about something that's already happened.

No point in Remembrance Day then?

A crass point maybe but it is important to remember these things in the battle

to stop them happening again

Edited by The White Cockade

47 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not sure if this was discussed already but the racist senator got a bit of egg on his face.

Check out @9NewsMelb’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1106790897855942657?s=09

Looks like the young SJW got s bit of a sore face. Serves him right.

I don't agree with the senator but you can't assault someone and not expect a sore face.  These lefties feel the world is their fair game though.

34 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It’s was smash down on the back of his head. Anning turned startled and gave the guy a slap. If it had been Presscot he would have received a right hook. 

Prescott is a legend. Old school labour.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't agree with the senator but you can't assault someone and not expect a sore face.  These lefties feel the world is their fair game though.

Pinning him down like that was a bit ott. 

3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Pinning him down like that was a bit ott. 

Should have put a few more kicks in tbh. His age has no relevance. If he is going to act the big man he gets treated like one. A tough lesson learned one would hope for his young impressionable life.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Should have put a few more kicks in tbh. His age has no relevance. If he is going to act the big man he gets treated like one. A tough lesson learned one would hope for his young impressionable life.

:cornette: :cornette:

9 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:cornette: :cornette:

What would you do Peter if some wee ***** came up and cracked an egg full force on your head? A handshake perhaps and share a beer?

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

No point in Remembrance Day then?

You've just plucked that right out of your arse, mate.

Don't misquote me again, ta.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

44 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Definitely forgive the first slap. Not sure about the second attempt. 

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Kicking folk on the ground, absolute scumbag behaviour. Imagine promoting that against anyone, you who claims to be so non-violent. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Definitely forgive the first slap. Not sure about the second attempt. 

Kicking folk on the ground, absolute scumbag behaviour. Imagine promoting that against anyone, you who claims to be so non-violent. 

I believe in self defence AC. He went up and assaulted him for no reason. A lesson is deserved.

AlphonseCapone
Just now, i8hibsh said:

I believe in self defence AC. He went up and assaulted him for no reason. A lesson is deserved.

C'mon man, a lesson can be taught without kicking folk on the ground. There's no excuse for that. When someone's down that's that for me unless they get back up to keep going. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

C'mon man, a lesson can be taught without kicking folk on the ground. There's no excuse for that. When someone's down that's that for me unless they get back up to keep going. 

I get you and I certainly agree it is scumbag patter but people need to know you just can"t go up and assault people for no reason.

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What would you do Peter if some wee ***** came up and cracked an egg full force on your head? A handshake perhaps and share a beer?

Would I have already politicised one of the worst mass-shootings in world history in order to blame those who were targetted and killed in said attack?

7 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Would I have already politicised one of the worst mass-shootings in world history in order to blame those who were targetted and killed in said attack?

His opinions to me are vile but they are his and he has that right. He does not deserve to be assaulted however. 

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

His opinions to me are vile but they are his and he has that right. He does not deserve to be assaulted however. 

Being hit with an egg = Assaulted.

Okay.

8 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Being hit with an egg = Assaulted.

Okay.

Eh? Of course it is.

I've just read a piece in The Independent and the guy would have killed a lot more but a young man that worked as a helper in the 2nd mosque grabbed the guy and disarmed him so he ran away without his guns. The word hero is overused nowadays but he certainly is.

fabienleclerq
On 15/03/2019 at 11:08, Locky said:

Sadly seen the video. First guy who greets the gunman at the door says 'welcome brother' seconds before being shot in the head. Horrible stuff.

The gunman wrote that he was protecting his land and people. Well, first, you're from Australia not New Zealand so it's not your land to protect. Also, is that the same Australia who European settlers stole land off of Aboriginal people? Just like racist American's and South African's who claim their land as theirs.

And, that ****ing statement man. Jesus wept. Hope that pr*ck is out a job come morning over there.

Probably a bit off topic but when does it become his land? Or the Americans or South Africans? Is there a time limit or generation limit or a colour one?

Does a second generation polish or Carribbean immigrant not have a claim to being British or that this is their land?

On topic, we really need to have a look at as one things we take for granted like freedom of speech, freedom of the press and social media in general. All of which has probably had a role in this happening. How can this happen? Killing little kids and their mothers.