• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Notts1874

• AlphonseCapone

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Sadly seen the video. First guy who greets the gunman at the door says 'welcome brother' seconds before being shot in the head. Horrible stuff.

The gunman wrote that he was protecting his land and people. Well, first, you're from Australia not New Zealand so it's not your land to protect. Also, is that the same Australia who European settlers stole land off of Aboriginal people? Just like racist American's and South African's who claim their land as theirs.

And, that ****ing statement man. Jesus wept. Hope that pr*ck is out a job come morning over there.

Cruyff Turn
20 minutes ago, Locky said:

Sadly seen the video. First guy who greets the gunman at the door says 'welcome brother' seconds before being shot in the head. Horrible stuff.

Not seen, not interested but that’s awful. What an absolute cretin. 

Just sums up the fact that the overwhelming majority of people from all backgrounds are good folk but unfortunately the few arseholes in every walk of life are the ones that cause the most damage. 

Rest set in peace to all those poor defenceless people. 

luckyBatistuta

Absolutely horrific. When I got up this morning, it was the first thing my wife and I started talking about. She told me that she was lying on the bed last night watching television, but she was also listening to my 10 and 11yr old boys sitting chatting in their room. My 11 year old asked his little brother that if he had one wish what would it be. He replied ‘i wish there could be world peace, could you imagine a world with no wars’. Was proud of my wee lad when my wife told me this, just a pity he’s never going to get his wish. Too many nutters in the world.

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Absolutely horrific. When I got up this morning, it was the first thing my wife and I started talking about. She told me that she was lying on the bed last night watching television, but she was also listening to my 10 and 11yr old boys sitting chatting in their room. My 11 year old asked his little brother that if he had one wish what would it be. He replied ‘i wish there could be world peace, could you imagine a world with no wars’. Was proud of my wee lad when my wife told me this, just a pity he’s never going to get his wish. Too many nutters in the world.

Good lad.

Suppose you can tell him that while world peace cannot be achieved by one person, if he can make sure he does his wee bit in life to make the world a better place, he won't go far wrong. 

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

As long as there is religion there will be war:10800:

Indeed.

And not even people of the soundest minds could actually think billions will wake up tomorrow and shake of their delusions.  Religion is very sadly and so slap in the face real and is very much part of our existence on this planet.  How utterly tragic we are as a species.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Not seen, not interested but that’s awful. What an absolute cretin. 

Just sums up the fact that the overwhelming majority of people from all backgrounds are good folk but unfortunately the few arseholes in every walk of life are the ones that cause the most damage. 

Rest set in peace to all those poor defenceless people. 

Yep, the vast majority of people are good. I've not seen but if what is described is true then the muslim gentleman is welcoming a (most probable in his eyes) non muslim to his place of worship, displaying the tolerance and acceptance that you would expect from normal, right minded folk, regardless of religion.

Out of morbid curiosity I’ve just read this guys ‘manifesto’.

A complete weirdo and social misfit, like pretty much anyone who carries out these sort of attacks from any ideological standpoint.

Must say I’m extremely surprised at New Zealand’s liberal gun laws. Never thought you would be able to legally own semi-automatic rifles or shotguns with relative ease there. Wonder if they will have a re-think. 

Edited by moogsy

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

I8's bedroom wallpaper?

shouldn't laugh ?......but since the guy was sharing bullshit from the British media right up until he started shooting it shouldn't be left unsaid.

I don’t have words for this. It’s just heartbreaking.

I’m also beyond disgusted by some of the U.K. news outlets running with video footage and sharing his “manifesto”. They stoke hatred, they promote it, they fuel it - and then they make ****ing money on the back of it too. 

I’ll be amazed this terrorist is religious himself, he’ll have been radicalised online by alt right/far right groups and content. They almost always are these days. I’ll not use his name, I don’t want to contribute to giving him the online presence and notoriety he so badly craves. 

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

Good lad.

Suppose you can tell him that while world peace cannot be achieved by one person, if he can make sure he does his wee bit in life to make the world a better place, he won't go far wrong. 

:thumb:

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I8's bedroom wallpaper?

I am sure religion is a factor, but I am also fairly certain that the rhetoric by some leaders is contributory, I heard on one news channel, Fox that the renderings of one famous politician were in fact part of this individuals motivation and are referred to in his manifesto.

Watching kids being murdered........think i’ll pass and so should any other decent person.

The best thing to do is give these ****ers minimal airtime as thats what they crave.

Utter scum

Really disgusting, sickened and saddened.

More innocents will die in tit for tat atrocity somewhere else in the world, and the moronic extremist cycle will continue.

I despair.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

There will be war with or without religion. Religion is just a good excuse for some. A means to an end I guess.

alwaysthereinspirit
52 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Watching kids being murdered........think i’ll pass and so should any other decent person.

The best thing to do is give these ****ers minimal airtime as thats what they crave.

Utter scum

This. Not in the least bit interested in watching innocent people being murdered.

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

There will be war with or without religion. Religion is just a good excuse for some. A means to an end I guess.

a means to manipulate the weak minded

The fewer "reasons" to give people the better.

Anything that accentuates differences is a problem, and saying as we cannot change peoples colour, removing religion would sort large areas of the world quick sharp

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I8's bedroom wallpaper?

I'm actually a bit creeped out with Notts.  I'm going to start shutting the blinds.  He is a proper creep :-)

chuck berrys hairline

Just watched the video sent to me by my Muslim friend. All I can say is well the guy did make sure they're dead. Repeatedly sprayed bullets into them then pop shots as couldn't find anyone else. Appeared to be relatively calm over it all

alwaysthereinspirit
37 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

a means to manipulate the weak minded

The fewer "reasons" to give people the better.

Anything that accentuates differences is a problem, and saying as we cannot change peoples colour, removing religion would sort large areas of the world quick sharp

Humans I think have killed each for much longer than religions have been around. I get what you’re getting at but I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of “religious” people would never contemplate doing the deeds supposedly made in the name of religion by all of these nut jobs.

The weak minded comment is right on the money. Any genocide proves that point. 

1 hour ago, redm said:

I don’t have words for this. It’s just heartbreaking.

I’m also beyond disgusted by some of the U.K. news outlets running with video footage and sharing his “manifesto”. They stoke hatred, they promote it, they fuel it - and then they make ****ing money on the back of it too. 

I’ll be amazed this terrorist is religious himself, he’ll have been radicalised online by alt right/far right groups and content. They almost always are these days. I’ll not use his name, I don’t want to contribute to giving him the online presence and notoriety he so badly craves. 

Note sure the relevance of the UK media here about a terror incident in a country 11,500 miles away.  If some whack job films ‘his work’ then posts it into the living rooms and phones of 2 billion people it is going to happen.  I sadly have been sent it to my whatsapp which I believe was from some sickos Instagram.  I swiftly deleted and am proud to say I did not watch past 2 seconds until I realised what it really was.  You have to have some kinds of sick gene imo to watch people being slaughtered.  I could not even watch someone pull a leg off a daddy longlegs. 

The world is sick as **** and these social media drones who would quite literally share their used toilet paper are the ones to blame.  Utter pondlife the lot of them.  I am not sure this is what you are getting at and sincere apologies if I have called this wrong but this incident is not the fault of the big bad UK.

Edited by i8hibsh

So much blame, so many opinions on why, so many suggestions on what should be done, me I just think if we could get rid of hate none of the other cures, actions etc would be necessary. All the reasons manifestos, shouts of patriotism, defence of Country, defence of Rights are all the names that the monsters attach to their actual need to hate, and to find a cause to justify it.

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Note sure the relevance of the UK media here about a terror incident in a country 11,500 miles away.  If some whack job films ‘his work’ then posts it into the living rooms and phones of 2 billion people it is going to happen.  I sadly have been sent it to my whatsapp which I believe was from some sickos Instagram.  I swiftly deleted and am proud to say I did not watch past 2 seconds until I realised what it really was.  You have to have some kinds of sick gene imo to watch people being slaughtered.  I could not even watch someone pull a leg off a daddy longlegs. 

The world is sick as **** and these social media drones who would quite literally share their used toilet paper are the ones to blame.  Utter pondlife the lot of them.  I am not sure this is what you are getting at and sincere apologies if I have called this wrong but this incident is not the fault of the big bad UK.

Reference your first sentence. Do some ****ing reading before you talk your usual shite. He was posting stuff from the UK media directly before he started shooting.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

**** the Islam haters. That is all.

I hate Islam as I find the entire ideology utterly reprehensible and despicable.  I also hate Christianity. Their doctrine and books that base their entire foundation would make Satan blush so sorry, I feel justified in my opinion here.  I also hate murder and terrorism and the death of innocent people.

Surely you mean "**** the muslim haters" which I would wholeheartedly agree with you on.  Hating an ideology, especially one that you view as such a pure evil is no crime.  To hate a human being you do not know and wish harm on them purely for what they believe is as despicable as you can get.

It makes me full of rage to know that this event happened.  I certainly do not see Islam as peaceful but I see these victims as peaceful, they were certainly innocent to the sack of excrement that felt he had the right to slaughter them.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Reference your first sentence. Do some ****ing reading before you talk your usual shite. He was posting stuff from the UK media directly before he started shooting.

And you are naive enough to think this was his reasoning?

56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm actually a bit creeped out with Notts.  I'm going to start shutting the blinds.  He is a proper creep :-)

All I did was post some of the front pages from UK newspapers over the past couple of years.

I have found your posts disturbing for a long time now.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And you are naive enough to think this was his reasoning?

Nope but he was certainly influenced by it.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

All I did was post some of the front pages from UK newspapers over the past couple of years.

Don’t be disturbed by me Notts.  I am a peace loving guy who harms no-one in life.

Thanks

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

TBF, he doesn't find wacko jacko in the least bit creepy. 

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

And you know this post was as far away as being serious as possible?

I abhor this lunatics actions but it will be used by the state here to crack down further on open criticism of Islamic ideology. This kind of attack is fairly common in the Muslim world on Christian minorities or non Sunni groups but it's the first one I'm aware of that directly targeted Muslims in such numbers in the West,  hence it is huge news. The only surprising thing to me is it happened in New Zealand and not the US or France where Islamic terror has been rife.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Don’t be disturbed by me Notts.  I am a peace loving guy who harms no-one in life.

Thanks

No you aren't.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Keep your eyes closed and head in the sand then.

For me it is just too easy to play the blame game.  The media in question is available to 8 billion people.  1 lunatic slaughters innocent people and we blame the media? 

No you aren't.

I really am though.  I have lots of hate (what human being doesn't) but I have no harm.  There is such a huge difference between hate and harm.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

For me it is just too easy to play the blame game.  The media in question is available to 8 billion people.  1 lunatic slaughters innocent people and we blame the media? 

Same as you blaming a religion.

If you don't think sections of the media and politicians have been whipping up anti Islam rhetoric then you are as bad as them.

14 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

The shooter broadcast it live on Facebook via a GoPro camera and the video is online. From the looks of it there could be 20+ dead from one attack.

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

God damn the video is awful

Guy on TV monitoring the social media said hundreds of people were cheering the guy on live. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Guy on TV monitoring the social media said hundreds of people were cheering the guy on live. 

Awful

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

sadly that is how the modern social media world is

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Awful

Just now, milky_26 said:

sadly that is how the modern social media world is

Probably relatively just a few people. But support for this sort of attack does exist sadly. 

People are talking about people of faith who died but they are people first. Just like the rest of us. 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Naw, as long as war makes money...........................then there will always be war.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Awful

It is so warped.  If I was sad enough to sit on social media all day and someone came and said I am going to screen a live shooting then sit and cheer would be the last thing.  Do none of these utter ***** not have a conscience?

People just pick an excuse. 

Even if there was no religion there would be some reason to think other people are the enemy. 

Just how humans are. Fortunately the good does prevail. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

People just pick an excuse. 

Even if there was no religion there would some reason to think other people are the enemy. 

Just how humans are. Fortunately the good does prevail. 

Exactly, religion is the most common excuse used, but we have seen wars fought over land/territory, people being from a different village/tribe, and a multitude of other reasons over the millennia, hell we have even had a war over a woman (assuming it did actually happen).