Terror attacks(s) in Christchurch

Kiwidoug

As if the people in Christchurch haven't suffered enough in that city, it is now in lockdown in what appears to be mass shootings at various sites including mosques.

News is still sparse but it appears to be horrific.  Let's hope for the best for all all the people caught up in this.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Notts1874

• AlphonseCapone

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

jamtartan74
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As if the people in Christchurch haven't suffered enough in that city, it is now in lockdown in what appears to be mass shootings at various sites including mosques.

News is still sparse but it appears to be horrific.  Let's hope for the best for all all the people caught up in this.

Just seeing this on the news here Doug, ? 

The shooter broadcast it live on Facebook via a GoPro camera and the video is online. From the looks of it there could be 20+ dead from one attack.

Latest reports are that it's not one of these jihadi madman, it's an Aussie right wing extremist.  Reports are that at least 27 are dead.  Let's hope they're wrong.

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Latest reports are that it's not one of these jihadi madman, it's an Aussie right wing extremist.  Reports are that at least 27 are dead.  Let's hope they're wrong.

The media will roll out the mental health issues line for certain.

Captain Sausage

Absolute scum. 

Should be treated in the same way as any other mass terrorist attack. 

Horrific attack.

What a disgusting coward. 

The rise of the extreme right wing is extremely frightening and I can see attacks like this becoming more common. 

Horrific.     What a horrendous thing.

If this happened here in the UK on a similar scale it would be equally as horrific but it would also be a very real threat of escaling violence getting out of control,    such is the scale of extremists loose on the streets,   from both sides.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The media will roll out the mental health issues line for certain.

To be fair, anyone who carries out an atrocity like this, must have a screw or two loose.

Just read the reports on this. Absolutely horrible.

As another poster said above, what a disgusting coward. At least he hasn't taken his own life, so hopefully he'll face the consequences of his actions.

Atrocious attack on innocent, peaceful men, women and children. 

Unfortunately these *******s will get their minute of fame in court. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Atrocious attack on innocent, peaceful men, women and children. 

Unfortunately these *******s will get their minute of fame in court. 

Seems like the equivalent of Brevik

Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

To be fair, anyone who carries out an atrocity like this, must have a screw or two loose.

As another poster said above, what a disgusting coward. At least he hasn't taken his own life, so hopefully he'll face the consequences of his actions.

Won't surprise me that he'll revel in his notoriety, another Anders Breivik type possibly.

On the mental health issue, seemingly on the video he's shooting at people from his car, but then stops at a pedestrian crossing and as calm as you like lets people cross the road then drives on.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Won't surprise me that he'll revel in his notoriety, another Anders Breivik type possibly.

On the mental health issue, seemingly on the video he's shooting at people from his car, but then stops at a pedestrian crossing and as calm as you like lets people cross the road then drives on.

He seemed to hero worship Breivik so that would definitely make sense.

John Findlay

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

I agree. Giving them labels is like a badge of honour.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Completely agree. It just gives them the label that they wanted.

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Agree.  Shouldn’t give the ****er a second of coverage, that’s what they want.

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Confusing post.

jack D and coke

Man in his 20’s apparently. 

What goes on in their heads to start murdering people?!

Probably be some horrendous revenge attacks for this. 

13 minutes ago, Homme said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch videos like this. Staying away.

Indeed. Used to me drawn to macabre stuff like this when I was younger, it fascinated me. I often had to be quite clued up on it for my degree in fairness but now I just can't stomach it. 

The terror and pain you see in the faces of the victims and the empty eyes of the perpetrators just makes me so sad and depressed. Won't be watching this either.

If it's not the scumbag Jihadis it is some scumbag right wing extremist - both as bad as each other.  All murdering pieces of shite.  The sooner we rid the world of the cancer that is religion the better we will all be.  Can't even bring myself to watch the news footage on this as it gets me too angry.

16 minutes ago, Masonic said:

totally agree mate

Yup, sadly there will be many 'spectators' there who will keep us all in the loop with their smart phones. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

check out this absolute f4nny

Is that for real?

Jesus titty****ing Christ!

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is that for real?

Jesus titty****ing Christ!

Any chance of the jist please GT?

I have a complete Twitter block at work.

Just now, Cade said:

That Auzzie senator needs to be charged with hate speech and sent to jail.

That is an outrageous statement.

What did he say?

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

check out this absolute f4nny

That’s pretty much standard in Australia these days. Not in the least bit shocked. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s pretty much standard in Australia these days. Not in the least bit shocked. 

Just read it (not on Twitter).  Outrageous comments indeed and highly insensitive, inappropriate and globally provocative but to say he deserves jail for them really is ridiculous.

Edited by i8hibsh

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Just read it (not on Twitter).  Outrageously comments indeed and highly insensitive, inappropriate and globally provocative but to say he deserves jail for them really is ridiculous.

Agreed. Awful statement with awful timing but jailing is a bit mental. 

The Internet

He had another tweet where he said something like 'if this was a muslim shooter the usual lone wolf and mental illness excuses would come out'. Think he's just a bit backwards. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Agreed. Awful statement with awful timing but jailing is a bit mental. 

He will lose his job for sure. Someone in a public office (I believe he is) simply should not say that shit.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mean, it’s like Daily Mash stuff

Is it genuine? Appears to be but nowadays I question everything.

That Australian Senator is a well known white supremacist so while his comments are repulsive, they’re not really that surprising. 

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He will lose his job for sure. Someone in a public office (I believe he is) simply should not say that shit.

Do you think? Maybe here he would. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-37366957/mp-pauline-hanson-australia-being-swamped-by-muslims

That’s just run of the mill stuff. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is it genuine? Appears to be but nowadays I question everything.

Yeah, it’s absolutely real. Acting like a total ***** on Twitter as well

That Senator is basically just spouting the same ****ing shite that we hear when Islamists go tonto. 

"Maybe if we didn't bomb the Middle East, the Muslims wouldn't want to bomb us." 

"Maybe if Muslims didn't bomb us, the right wing wouldn't go and gun them down." 

And around and around we go......