Young team singing

Rab WL

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Good stuff mate ??

So 200 of them bought season tickets then decided to stop going to matches because they were in G?

Were they not in the roseburn?

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They honestly can't win.

No idea why they bother coming along to watch Hearts, it's clear they're not really welcome.

75% of our support are....well I was gonna say ‘dinosaurs’....let’s just say old school, honestly, If it was up to me I’d sing ‘hello hello we are the Georgie boys’ just to wind up Celtic and hibs fans, and other songs to wind up rangers, sheep songs when playing Aberdeen!! There is about 20 songs you here at most football grounds that are purely re-worded to suit the team you support and in my opinion the older generation probably don’t the songs and how they are sung.

Some on here commenting on the Olly lee song, ffs we all know he doesn’t RIP TEAMS APPART, but **** it he hates hibs and he scored THAT goal....

rant over ?

been here before
43 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

75% of our support are....well I was gonna say ‘dinosaurs’....let’s just say old school, honestly, If it was up to me I’d sing ‘hello hello we are the Georgie boys’ just to wind up Celtic and hibs fans, and other songs to wind up rangers, sheep songs when playing Aberdeen!! There is about 20 songs you here at most football grounds that are purely re-worded to suit the team you support and in my opinion the older generation probably don’t the songs and how they are sung.

Some on here commenting on the Olly lee song, ffs we all know he doesn’t RIP TEAMS APPART, but **** it he hates hibs and he scored THAT goal....

rant over ?

Does the Georgie Boys wind anyone up?

The White Cockade
Just now, been here before said:

We could sing Hey There Georgie Girl as well

Hello hello is the start of the song, it definitely gets a reaction from Celtic and hibs fans yeah. 

been here before
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

We could sing Hey There Georgie Girl as well

Or The Killing of Georgie Parts I and II

Great tune often overlooked.

Edited by been here before

been here before
1 minute ago, Bking9 said:

Hello hello is the start of the song, it definitely gets a reaction from Celtic and hibs fans yeah. 

Sure?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Sure?

Think your at it now mate, unless your telling me that they actually applaud us for singing hello hello ? wether it’s the billy boys, Georgie boysor the Elton John boys, as soon as we start singing Hello hello they start booing and that’s when their bitterness towards us kicks in....so going back to my original point aye it winds them up. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Think your at it now mate, unless your telling me that they actually applaud us for singing hello hello ? wether it’s the billy boys, Georgie boysor the Elton John boys, as soon as we start singing Hello hello they start booing and that’s when their bitterness towards us kicks in....so going back to my original point aye it winds them up. 

Hello Hello we're Elton Johns Boys?

Thats just a little bit funny. 

?????

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Your just raijing at my first quote regarding Olly Lee, you can’t stand that we sing that song, did u sing it at Easter Road when he tore them apart ?

Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Bking9 said:

Your just raijing at my first quote regarding Olly Lee, you can’t stand that we sing that song, did u sing it at Easter Road when he tore them apart ?

“Tore them apart”? ?

17 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Maybe we should stop singing about Robbo and Drew Busby too 

Excuse me!?!

On 14/03/2019 at 21:07, Rab WL said:

Credit where it's due - song about going to Hamden ( c/w drumming at the right tempo ) at the end of Wed game along Wheatfield concourse was class from young team and not so young team - sung at the right tempo without the usual race to the finish - and no sectarian stuff; well done lads

Good stuff!

Dallas Green
13 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Just making a point about singing about someone who is not on the pitch, where do you get the comparison from?

Robbo is a legend. Lee isn't.

That is the difference between the two. 

So singing about a Hearts legend who isn't on the pitch is fine, singing about an average Hearts player who isn't on the pitch is a bit cringy.

Feel free to sing it when he is on the park though.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

B King been on the blue WKD's last night? 

More likely the I Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blue WKD.

17 hours ago, john brownlee said:

Some of uss remember being in "a young team" at some time in our supporting lives, I did and it was fun and always a laugh,

some folk just need to get a life, stop moaning and support HMFC, I just don't get the PC plods surly they have things to do rather than sound like someone's  wife. As long as nobody's  getting hurt leave them be.

Agree let them have their fun.

As long as they stick to Hearts songs and bin the Rangers related songs they are fine by me.

The wee fuds who were singing about Ann Budge ruining the club can do one though.

I remember being part of the choir behind the goals back in the sixties.

Wish wee had a drum back then☺

12 hours ago, been here before said:

12 hours ago, been here before said:

No comparison between Killling of G and the very twee Georgie Girl

On 14/03/2019 at 21:35, kila said:

They need to stop singing the Olly Lee song, it's cringey when he's not even playing

By fair kila, I remember when we used to sing songs about Ernie Winchester:facepalm:

spirt of 98
20 hours ago, john brownlee said:

Some of uss remember being in "a young team" at some time in our supporting lives, I did and it was fun and always a laugh,

some folk just need to get a life, stop moaning and support HMFC, I just don't get the PC plods surly they have things to do rather than sound like someone's  wife. As long as nobody's  getting hurt leave them be.

This