Dikamona signs new deal

Vlad the impaler

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

The guy has real character and has played through pain for us, we need more like him. I would have liked it to be a 2 year extension at least considering some of the long contracts we've given out to others.

They might be expecting Chris Hamilton to have stepped into

the 1st team by 2020. Unsure how his development is going?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Good news.

Think this account has been hacked @MODS. Two positive posts in one day!

Jamboscanbevicius

Good news... a great guy to have in the squad. No world beater but solid when called upon and great attitude.

Interestingly, he seems to be the one player that unites us all. For the first time

in months on here I haven’t seen any negative reaction to this news!

Well done Craig Levein in getting our Jambo Soldier to extend his contract.

This player’s attitude lifts the fans spirits and I know the vast majority of our 

fans love the guy.

Good to hear.

Good news about Naisy too.

All we need to do now is get to the flamin’ Cup Final!

Big fan of this decision, Clevid is the perfect experienced hearts squad player. Not the type to let his head go down, moan or sniff out a move when not playing but at the same time puts in a solid display whenever called upon and has really thrown himself into the club. Far better for morale as well as opposed to a revolving door of randoms

43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That was going to be my question, Berra, Souttar, Hallket and Clevid with Hamilton as back up, perhaps to early to throw him in to the rotation?

upgotheheads
56 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think there is always going to be room for young players coming through. Keeping Dikamona for 3 years would give flexibility when Soapy eventually goes south as we should all be hoping he eventually does. Gives some lee-way over Berra's fitness too.

In our current squad not many would give it their all for the last 10 mins or so of a derby when their leg/thigh is quite clearly ****ed. Not Dikamona - our ER victory down to him not just Lee's goal.

Nothing fancy about Dikamona, absolutely excellent at the basics and clearly loves defending. Mr consistent. 

Borders Jambo

I will echo what others have said about Dikamona.  Like him a lot, solid player who can be counted on to do a good job when called upon.

He reminds me very much of Neil Berry if you know what I mean.  

Mr Elwood P
43 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

A couple of decent full backs and that would be the defence sorted for a few years!

Michael Smith with two young understudies and Garuccio and White to battle it out for the cursed left back slot. Looks sorted to me.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can feel a barnstorming end of the season coming up for us.

With all the players signing up for at least next season the team spirit should be growing by the week. Just hope Naismith decides to do likewise now. Hopefully we see a great last quarter to the season. 

4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Excellent news.  Nothing less than he deserves.  Always gives 100% and his performance while carrying an injury against the Leith scum was superb.

:spoton:

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Good news.

IMO he should be starting instead of Berra right now.

Captain Christophe is well off his game at the moment.

Certainly should at Hamilton. Berra needs to be playing a bit less and fully recovering from the injury.

copa-mundial

Yes, very happy reading this news. Good to see the soldier being kept on. 

Well done sir. 

As a poster said earlier. A thread where up to now. Everyone has agreed on this. 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Great servant as he has been. Berra is coming to the end. His body over the years has taking to much punishment and the injury he sustained against Celtic I believe is the straw that has broke the camel's back. I don't believe he will be playing alot of games next season and the bricks are being put in place now.

I’m  with you on this statement JF. I think because he’s such a warrior and gives 100% then he’s pushed himself too far too fast and his body is answering him back. Would still retain him as a squad player though. To paraphrase from the NFL, he’s not a player for every down these days! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Him and the Irish chap from Leeds are garbage.

Poor decision imo.

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

Takeshi kovac

A guy who wants to be here and gives you 100% every game. What’s not to like , great bit of business 

Happy with that. Great squad player, good attitude. If Halkett comes in as expected, that's our central defence sorted for next season. Berra, Souttar, Dikamona, Halkett and Smith if required. 5 very good Premiership quality centre halves.

He’ll get targeted with long balls in his direction when he plays. Decent squad player to have around though.

Captain Canada

Great news and thoroughly deserved. Hope to see him get more game time before the end of the season. He's definitely better than Shaugnessy. 

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

I'd rather put an u15 CB in than see Shaughnessy in maroon again.

Absolutely horrendous player, can't even do the basics.

Still can't believe Levein started Shaughnessy ahead of Dikamona at Motherwell. They are a physical team and Shaughnessy's too lightweight. He also looks more like a defensive midfielder than centre-half. Dikamona is solid and will prove his worth throughout his contract. I believe he is far better than just a squad player. 'd be playing him more regularly. Berra and Souttar as decent as they are, have both been out for long spells and they both look a little bit knackered these last few games. Souttar seems to be getting caught in possession and Berra looks a bit short on pace (not that he's ever been quick) but still shorter than normal.

Anyone know what's happened to Daniel Baur? Played against (I think) Aberdeen at Murrayfield last season and thought he looked quite solid. Big lad for 19 or whatever he is.

Edited by jambonian

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith with two young understudies and Garuccio and White to battle it out for the cursed left back slot. Looks sorted to me.

No Garuccio, awful defender, hopefully leaves in the summer.

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Anyone know what's happened to Daniel Baur? Played against (I think) Aberdeen at Murrayfield last season and thought he looked quite solid. Big lad for 19 or whatever he is.

He's often played at left-back for the reserves, but I think he looks more comfortable at centre half. 

3 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Poor decision imo.

Oh! It's a "look at me" type post.

Poor decision imo.

Agree with you on the lad from Leeds, but can't disagree enough with Clevid. He's got a decent bit of skill about him as well as being a pretty solid defender. I still want to see him trialled in a back three with Souttar and Berra given Soapy can play football too so would give us options in starting from the back. 

I think Dikamona is an excellent example to foreign signings on what we as fans want to see. You might be question his ability but you absolutely cannot question his commitment and attitude after putting himself through the wringer to get us that win at Easter road. Can't not respect him for for that. 

I'm extremely pleased Levein's kept him on. A lot to be said for continuity in the squad.

Poor decision imo.

What on earth is that based on? A sub appearance against rangers is the only bad game that comes to mind 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Still can't believe Levein started Shaughnessy ahead of Dikamona at Motherwell. They are a physical team and Shaughnessy's too lightweight. He also looks more like a defensive midfielder than centre-half. Dikamona is solid and will prove his worth throughout his contract. I believe he is far better than just a squad player. 'd be playing him more regularly. Berra and Souttar as decent as they are, have both been out for long spells and they both look a little bit knackered these last few games. Souttar seems to be getting caught in possession and Berra looks a bit short on pace (not that he's ever been quick) but still shorter than normal.

Shaughnessy has played at defensive midfield before, I thought we might have seen him play there before Haring got back as he’s no defender.

Baur played against Killie and was at fault for their winning goal and has hardly been seen since, probably because he’s on loan at Albion Rovers. 

Dikamona has been good in the majority of the games he’s played in.

11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

What on earth is that based on? A sub appearance against rangers is the only bad game that comes to mind 

And forgetting the ,2 derbies that IMO he was man of the match in 

14 hours ago, kila said:

In our current squad not many would give it their all for the last 10 mins or so of a derby when their leg/thigh is quite clearly ****ed. Not Dikamona - our ER victory down to him not just Lee's goal.

Inspiring.