Dikamona signs new deal

Vlad the impaler

Vlad the impaler

Dikamona has extended his stay for another year according to Craig Levein. Good news,decent squad player. 

4 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Dikamona has extended his stay for another year according to Craig Levein. Good news,decent squad player. 

And from (another) person there

Heartsofgold

Excellent news.  Nothing less than he deserves.  Always gives 100% and his performance while carrying an injury against the Leith scum was superb.

Bindy Badgy

He was a solid replacement when we had injury problems earlier in the season so good to see him sign on for longer.

Captain Price
1 minute ago, lou said:

Should be starting just now

I’d agree.

Jambo Soldier is rather consistent, no complaints from me.

4 minutes ago, lou said:

I am assuming he is injured as IMHO he should in the team. Perhaps it is the "rotation" of players as they seem to be picked dependant on the team we are playing.

I like him 

Happy we are getting the good players we have on longer deals to give us some consistency! interesting to see if we do go for gordon and halkett 

upgotheheads

The guy has real character and has played through pain for us, we need more like him. I would have liked it to be a 2 year extension at least considering some of the long contracts we've given out to others.

jack D and coke
37 minutes ago, lou said:

In place of you know who too. 

Delighted he’d staying he’s good Clevid??

The Treasurer
36 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Would be delighted with Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona as our CB's next season.

You can add Michael Smith to that list if needed

Well deserved. Great to have him for next year, guy is exemplary in the effort given and concentration levels. Need a few more like him.

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

What's the thoughts on Craig Halkett ? Haven't seen much of him. How good is he ?

Halkett is an excellent footballer and would be a terrific signing. 

Dikamona, happy to hear this news. Great squad player, feared he was off which would have been a mistake on our part. More good news as the squad takes shape IMO quite nicely for next season 

2 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Dikamona new contract  

Halkett pre contract

I'll be the first to say it but is Souttar moving on?

I would imagine offers will come in, we'll only sell for big money though. 

Dikamona is here anyway so we're only really replacing Hughes and Shaughnessy with Halkett

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Then Berra gets injured again. ?

I'd rather put an u15 CB in than see Shaughnessy in maroon again.

Absolutely horrendous player, can't even do the basics.

Just now, Deans Jambo said:

Dikamona new contract  

Halkett pre contract

I wouldn't have thought so unless an offer we cant refuse comes in.

We need 4 maybe even 5 CB's ready to play if required. With Shaughnessy returning and Hughes probably (hopefully) retiring then we have Berra, Dika, Souttar and Halkett.

Especially if we are going to potentially play 3 at the back then its sensible to have more options.

Deans Jambo
1 minute ago, Mort said:

I wouldn't have thought so unless an offer we cant refuse comes in.

We need 4 maybe even 5 CB's ready to play if required. With Shaughnessy returning and Hughes probably (hopefully) retiring then we have Berra, Dika, Souttar and Halkett.

Especially if we are going to potentially play 3 at the back then its sensible to have more options.

Maybe so but have a feeling he won't be around forever......not that I want him to leave. 

I'm sure there's interest out there as he's a class act and some good performances for Scotland will see increased interest. 

Just now, Deans Jambo said:

Maybe so but have a feeling he won't be around forever......not that I want him to leave. 

I'm sure there's interest out there as he's a class act and some good performances for Scotland will see increased interest. 

Absolutely. It's great that he signed a new deal in January though as it means we are in no rush to sell and another good season for Hearts will do him and his price tag no harm.

John Findlay

Great servant as he has been. Berra is coming to the end. His body over the years has taking to much punishment and the injury he sustained against Celtic I believe is the straw that has broke the camel's back. I don't believe he will be playing alot of games next season and the bricks are being put in place now.

59 minutes ago, Cade said:

Good news.

IMO he should be starting instead of Berra right now.

Captain Christophe is well off his game at the moment.

This!

Berra needs a rest, feel he was rushed back after injury and not looked comfortable in the slightest. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great news. He always gives 100% and even if he makes a mistake he soon puts that right and never lets his head drop. A good player to have available and we know he can play well in the first team when required.

28 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Dikamona new contract  

Halkett pre contract

Of course he is. Nap.