Watching the semi abroad.

gordiegords

gordiegords

I’m going to be in Majorca for this match, Cala d’or, I was hoping it was going to be on sky and I’d be able to find a pub that is showing it, any tips or pointers for being able to watch it now it’s on the beeb? Do pubs over there have bbc Scotland? 

Cheers fir any advice. 

Heartsofgold

This can get quite complicated!!

It will depend what device you watch it on.  If it's an iPad/iPhone then your a bit screwed as the BBC iplayer software uses the actual internal GPS location of your device and, even if you're in the EU, it blocks access to viewing it.

However, if you are using an android device or a laptop then using a simple VPN allows you to watch it most of the time.  It can be a bit temperamental though!!  I have no idea why this works for android stuff as they have internal GPS as well but it seems to only be apple devices that it blocks.

grumpy rebus
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

This can get quite complicated!!

It will depend what device you watch it on.  If it's an iPad/iPhone then your a bit screwed as the BBC iplayer software uses the actual internal GPS location of your device and, even if you're in the EU, it blocks access to viewing it.

However, if you are using an android device or a laptop then using a simple VPN allows you to watch it most of the time.  It can be a bit temperamental though!!  I have no idea why this works for android stuff as they have internal GPS as well but it seems to only be apple devices that it blocks.

If you use 3/4G on your iPhone or iPad you can watch BBC abroad, but not if you use WiFi 

Tenaciousdandy

in the same boat away to benidorm on the 10th to the 17th with the missus and kids, was hoping it would be on in the games room or sports bar but with being on bbc not much chance , might have to use a vpn and my 5 inch phone screen ?