• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

Bobby

Brandon   Souttar    Berra   Garuccio

Haring     Djoum

Morrison        Clare       Mulraney

Vanecek

Looks like an attacking team. Time for Vanecek to show what he’s all about. Delighted Brandon is in for Godinho also.

Cory McNamara
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The one benefit of an all weather pitch. You can drive tractors on them!

So, they have to drive combines on Easter Road.

I will go for uncomfortable win for Hearts - 1:0 or 2:1.

Edited by Cory McNamara

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Looks like an attacking team. Time for Vanecek to show what he’s all about. Delighted Brandon is in for Godinho also.

Godhino out because of the artificial pitch?

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Vanecek ffs!!! Would rather start with Keith Wright.

Ftfy

Well, maybe no’.

:lol: 

Bunny Munro

Good to see Cochrane on the bench instead of Lee. Godinho probably rested due to his knee. Uche deserves a rest and maybe CL is worried about Collum targeting him.

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Vanecek ffs!!! Would rather start with Keena or wighton.

Neither string enough to play up top in their own 

rick witter

Tinkering again. Just can’t help himself although I must say I’m delighted McLean is nowhere to be seen. Big Uche to get the winner off the bench ??

I reckon Vanecek shows a bit of improvement today or he's starting for the last time this season.     Levein was a bit hard on him at first but he's given him chances since.     

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Maybe the most attacking team for a while,

Was thinking that too. :thumbsup:

Defensive Levein though.

:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vanecek has done nothing to deserve that starting spot. I hope he bangs a few in and shuts me up.

That’s because he’s hardly had an chance yet...he can only show what he can do if he gets a game!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

If McLean gets another start we will struggle big time it will be goals we struggle for. He is like starting with 10 men. I would be happy with that midfield you have mentioned if the up for it Sean Clare turns up not the I can’t be arsed today Sean Clare!!! 

Match thread, mate. Can you comment on that for a change?

How do you think it'll go today?

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Happy with that line up Levein :thumbsup:

Uche on the bench because it'd be his 3rd game in a week, deserved a rest

Agreed

7 minutes ago, campbell said:

Neither string enough to play up top in their own 

If you want to play a route 1 game then yeh I agree.

if you want to play football at pace with width I suppose go with vanecek 

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Tinkering again. Just can’t help himself although I must say I’m delighted McLean is nowhere to be seen. Big Uche to get the winner off the bench ??

Given everyone has complained about the performance in our games against Partick and Dundee is it really surprising he continues to tinker?

On other's points about who to replace Uche with, with those two wingers, it would make no sense to play Wighton or Keena. Vanecek a much more natural choice to 'lead the line'.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vanecek has done nothing to deserve that starting spot. I hope he bangs a few in and shuts me up.

You'd have to have been at every training session and every reserve match to conclusively state that. You've presumably not, Levein presumably has.

lauriesrank

My deja vu type dream last night has us 2-1 down at h/t at we win 4-2  (500/1 on paddy)

LOL, my realistic expectations are 2-1 to us all goals in the first half!

MTH and FTH :D

3 minutes ago, Combo1974 said:

That’s because he’s hardly had an chance yet...he can only show what he can do if he gets a game!

I made my judgement early doors on him, would love him to prove me wrong but wouldn’t want to be hanging by my nuts waiting on it.

Jean Louis Valois

Vanecek must be doing something right in training to deserve this chance. Really hope he grabs it today

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If you want to play a route 1 game then yeh I agree.

if you want to play football at pace with width I suppose go with vanecek 

Brandon Garrucio Morrison and Mulraney - lots of balls in box for Vanecek hopefully and maybe we’ll see the Vanecek from the YouTube videos as opposed to the big lump we got when he turned up in January.

Edited by King prawn

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Vanecek ffs!!! Would rather start with Keena or wighton.

15 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

If uche is needing a rest why not start with wighton. 

Vanecek needs to show why we signed him. 

Doubt Keena or Wighton can play as the link up striker you need in that formation.

9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Talking shite again. Just can’t help myself.  

FTFY

Just now, 1874robbo said:

He can play it but hey ho 

He can but square pegs round holes as everyone says on here. He can play it but its not his natural position. He did well out wide on Tuesday and is more a number 10 than a striker. He is def not an out and out striker 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Brandon was utterly horrendous v Celtic , I'm really surprised at his inclusion and definite week link . 

He is a right back who was being asked to play it at left back in his first game back in about a year against Celtic.  

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Brandon was utterly horrendous v Celtic , I'm really surprised at his inclusion and definite week link . 

Just now, sadj said:

He can but square pegs round holes as everyone says on here. He can play it but its not his natural position. He did well out wide on Tuesday and is more a number 10 than a striker. He is def not an out and out striker 

You have good points but I’ve yet to see vanecek resembling anything like a striker also.

4 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Brandon Garrucio Morrison and Mulraney - lots of balls in box for Vanecek hopefully and maybe we’ll see the Vanecek from the YouTube videos as opposed to the big lump we got when he turned up in January.

I’m going with us seeing the big lump.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Dammed if he does ! Dammed if he doesn't! Reason we got a squad is so manager can freshen things up when needed , no problems with team selection today and trust managers judgement 

Just now, 1874robbo said:

You have good points but I’ve yet to see vanecek resembling anything like a striker also.

Lol , well that can’t be argued he has been poor so far but lets hope today he turns up. He clearly has skill and with Mulraney and Morrison on the wings and Clare driving from midfield it looks attacking

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You'd have to have been at every training session and every reserve match to conclusively state that. You've presumably not, Levein presumably has.

So a supporter can’t give an opinion whether a player should start a match? Ok then...

3 minutes ago, basel04 said:

He is a right back who was being asked to play it at left back in his first game back in about a year against Celtic.  

Yep and he was utterly horrendous, let's just see how he goes today as he will be targeted by Hamilton for sure 

Abiola Dauda

Uche needs a rest.  It's pointless playing Vanecek without wide players so it makes sense we have 2 wingers and 2 full backs.  Vanny to score

23 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

If uche is needing a rest why not start with wighton. 

Vanecek needs to show why we signed him. 

Can't do that if he's not playing tbf 

Just now, ramrod said:

Yep and he was utterly horrendous, let's just see how he goes today as he will be targeted by Hamilton for sure 

Not sure he will they won’t of expected him or no Uche their gameplan will be up in the air. Unless Rice had a back up plan for Brandon which i’d doubt

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

So a supporter can’t give an opinion whether a player should start a match? Ok then...

Where did I say that? You need to have seen him in training and reserve matches to determine that he's not done enough to deserve a start.