***Official Hamilton v Hearts match day thread***

Finlay James

been here before
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Slushy on plastic is not good for players safety. 

Hearts Twatter...

Morning folks. As it stands we’re preparing for today’s game to go ahead. We’re in constant dialogue with our counterparts at Hamilton Accies, if anything changes then you’ll be the first to know

??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

21 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Weather forecast, if accurate, suggests this game is in danger. Plastic pitches dangerous with snow and ice. 

Seems okay

upgotheheads
21 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Weather forecast, if accurate, suggests this game is in danger. Plastic pitches dangerous with snow and ice. 

They're also known as all-weather pitches. Makes you wonder why?

14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

This will be the first Hamilton game I haven't been to in years. Injured so can't make it. 

As for the weather, if the pitch is ok just now then it will almost certainly be ok for the game, temperatures slightly rising. Maybe a 12:30 inspection though.

Not even fit enough to make the bench?

This will be the first Hamilton game I haven't been to in years. Injured so can't make it. 

As for the weather, if the pitch is ok just now then it will almost certainly be ok for the game, temperatures slightly rising. Maybe a 12:30 inspection though.

upgotheheads
Just now, Lovecraft said:

I can get around with the aid of a couple of walking sticks, so aye, probably could.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

I can get around with the aid of a couple of walking sticks, so aye, probably could.

More mobile than Lee I guess.

?

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

They are crap in all weather conditions. Think that’s what all-weather really means. 

upgotheheads
Just now, soonbe110 said:

They are crap in all weather conditions. Think that’s what all-weather really means. 

Agreed.

18 hours ago, Rudolf said:

4th August 2018

HT - Hamilton 1 Hearts 1

FT = Hamilton 1 Hearts 4

Makes sense...

August 2018 Team playing well

March 2019 Team playing utter horse shit

makes sense...

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I am

are you?

Nah, hardly been this season.

Gave up my ST after 20 years.

enjoy

HHGH

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

August 2018 Team playing well

March 2019 Team playing utter horse shit

makes sense...

We went in to the August game having stumbled through the League Cup group so it was a bit of an unknown.

I’m confident ahead of today due to the battle and fight we showed last week and the attacking link up play we showed on Tuesday. A midfield of Haring, Djoum and Clare will be good enough to see off Hamilton’s cloggers.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We went in to the August game having stumbled through the League Cup group so it was a bit of an unknown.

I’m confident ahead of today due to the battle and fight we showed last week and the attacking link up play we showed on Tuesday. A midfield of Haring, Djoum and Clare will be good enough to see off Hamilton’s cloggers.

We went into that came having scored 10 goals in the space of a week as well.  Don’t remember it being that much of an unknown (other than our previous inability to win games away from home).

Edited by Gashauskis9

Bobby

Godinho

Souttar

Berra

Garuccio

Mulraney

Clare

Lee

Haring

Djoum

Uche

Not feeling great about this today think it'll be 1-1 after they score first.

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Needed a catchy name to sell them and Weather Dependent Pitch just wasn’t attracting enough interest! 

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

As of right now, there's a tractor clearing what little snow there is off the pitch.

The one benefit of an all weather pitch. You can drive tractors on them!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I am

are you?

Where's the best place to buy potted plants?

32 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We were scoring goals at least.

Still think we will have to be 2 up at half time to win, we seem to regress in the second half these days.

for the record i think we will secure all 3 points today.

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We went into that came having scored 10 goals in the space of a week as well.  Don’t remember it being that much of an unknown (other than our previous inability to win games away from home).

Ten goals against two lower league teams ??

pettigrewsstylist

Think we need to score first here to take all points. 

The midfield has to be up for a fight in these conditons at this mob and not just trot thro the motions.

At them from the off pse!!!!

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The midfield has to be up for a fight in these conditons at this mob and not just trot thro the motions.

Were certainly up for the fight last week ??

highlandjambo3
20 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I agree..... this will be a scrap in shitty conditions which they will be up for...... we will know our mettle in the first 10 minutes..... an easy win or shit draw.  0-3 / 1-1 for me.

Nookie Bear

On a day like this, playing on that pitch...how about we just call it a 1-1 and not bother. 

Hot Cocoa all round, chaps?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like they have dumped all the snow into "our stand"!!

Must remember to take a shovel in with me & a towel to dry my seat.

PS. Thanks for the update, keep the picture handy for the flood of "Is the game still on?" post to follow

1 minute ago, VivaObua said:

No Hearts tv coverage...better get my coat on

I was wondering about that. It does seem its commentary only due to Hamilton's shitty media facilities. With snow forecasted, I'm not expecting too much.

FT 0-1 us or a scrappy 0-0 draw.

14 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

No Hearts tv coverage...better get my coat on

On holiday so bought international package. Very disappointed that this game is audio only. 

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

On holiday so bought international package. Very disappointed that this game is audio only. 

Tbf it is Hamilton. If we are stuck with playing  on a plastic pitch then I'm not surprised the best we can get is audio coverage on HeartsTV

rick witter
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

If McLean gets another start we will struggle big time it will be goals we struggle for. He is like starting with 10 men. I would be happy with that midfield you have mentioned if the up for it Sean Clare turns up not the I can’t be arsed today Sean Clare!!! 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Tbf it is Hamilton. If we are stuck with playing  on a plastic pitch then I'm not surprised the best we can get is audio coverage on HeartsTV

I'm sure Hearts advertised it as being on TV

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Things like providing TV coverage available to international viewers should be a mandatory requirement for all premiership clubs. 

In this day and age with all the available technology it should be simple and inexpensive to set up. Most people can FaceTime in real time with out much problem. 

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Things like providing TV coverage available to international viewers should be a mandatory requirement for all premiership clubs. 

In this day and age with all the available technology it should be simple and inexpensive to set up. Most people can FaceTime in real time with out much problem. 

You'd think so eh!

27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You'd think so eh!

I'm abroad a lot and have constant problems with Hearts TV . Last trip I saw 1 full game in 6 weeks

Just now, johnthomas said:

I'm abroad a lot and have constant problems with Hearts TV . Last trip I saw 1 full game in 6 weeks

Tbf the coverage for me has been really good. 

Think Hamilton is one of the few where hearts tv dont get a connection. Tbf to the service, it has improved no end this season