***Official Hamilton v Hearts match day thread***

Finlay James

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Quite clearly this “I just turn up a couple of days before a match” routine is not working. 

I want my teams manager to be on the training field with the players watching them himself. Not getting which is obviously unreliable feedback from coaches to pick a team. 

Football is a very simple game yet we seem to try and make it as complicated as possible with this manager and his band of coaches. 

Definitely, seeing as we have an Academy Director now he must be spending his time with unearthing all these gems with John Murray.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Yep mate. I think the tribute act and Livvie are the only two teams we haven’t beaten in the league. Such an inconsistent season 

We’ve played Livi 4 times, scored once and lost 6 while never really working out how to play against them.

Hes never beaten the Zombies or there initial incarnation at Tynecastle.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wait, are you seriously claiming that game was predictable just like the Hearts game?

No the snatching a draw from the jaws of victory was as predictable as Hearts getting beat, was my point. It was a chance to ram that wee nyaff Eddie Jones (rugby’s Neil Lennon)words down his throat.

25 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Yep mate. I think the tribute act and Livvie are the only two teams we haven’t beaten in the league. Such an inconsistent season 

Almost every team has beaten us too.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Yeah same here mate, as long as I can remember. Any team struggling for points were/ are surely relieved when we’re next on their fixture lists. Also any player making a debut against us was guaranteed to score :ahhhhhhh:

Tony Cascarino scored the first of his 4 goals for Celtic against us. Who’s on a bad run just no that we can help out?

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Early days but looks like Dempster at Hibs has found herself a decent manager.

Big problem for us is that Ann appears to have all her eggs in one basket. Hopefully that isn't the case and that someone else has her ear.

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tony Cascarino scored the first of his 4 goals for Celtic against us. Who’s on a bad run just no that we can help out?

Exactly :(

Jambo 4 Ever

We lacked any urgency 

i guess many of our players think they are better than they actually are!

Some of our fans were a bit embarrassing too today 

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

We lacked any urgency 

i guess many of our players think they are better than they actually are!

Some of our fans were a bit embarrassing too today 

In what way?

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

In what way?

Booing before half time hardly lifts the team. Too many want to criticise before trying to encourage. Too many from here at the game today I think. 

loveofthegame
25 minutes ago, JohnB said:
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Early days but looks like Dempster at Hibs has found herself a decent manager.

Big problem for us is that Ann appears to have all her eggs in one basket. Hopefully that isn't the case and that someone else has her ear.

Budge has admitted herself she knows **** all about football. Yet is in charge of a football club. That is worrying, and the main reason Levein probably has one of safest jobs in football. He would have to walk, which if rumours are true he might be planning anyway... but probably to go back upstairs, and appoint the next man...

Not one player won their own personal 1:1 battle today. Not one of them except perhaps Soutar. Substitutions made virtually no difference. Without trying to excuse manager and coaching staff(bizarre starting line-up and tactics) no team will win if the players are not up for it. Not sure how the manager takes all the heat for 10-12 players just not turning up. Some performances today eg Garuccio, Haring, Berra should result in immediate run in the reserves or a rest. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not one player won their own personal 1:1 battle today. Not one of them except perhaps Soutar. Substitutions made virtually no difference. Without trying to excuse manager and coaching staff(bizarre starting line-up and tactics) no team will win if the players are not up for it. Not sure how the manager takes all the heat for 10-12 players just not turning up. Some performances today eg Garuccio, Haring, Berra should result in immediate run in the reserves or a rest. 

Don't think I've seen Haring being so anonymous in a game. Almost forgot he was on the pitch at times. Is he another one who's back to soon after his lay off ?

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Budge has admitted herself she knows **** all about football. Yet is in charge of a football club. That is worrying, and the main reason Levein probably has one of safest jobs in football. He would have to walk, which if rumours are true he might be planning anyway... but probably to go back upstairs, and appoint the next man...

Where did the rumour about him walking come from? 

loveofthegame
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Where did the rumour about him walking come from? 

It genuinely may be utter nonsense but a number of folk have said his health problems are such that he is going to step down end of season. I hope he isn't genuinely unwell and it is a false rumour. Personally I'd prefer he just walked now.

Captain Canada

Even when we win nowadays it's rarely entertaining. How can we have signed 18 players this season and not have any decent wingers or creativity in midfield? 

The players seem to have been going through the motions since they came back after the winter break. 

Berra is playing badly but has completely gone into his shell during games. Something doesn't seem right. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've seen a few disappointing performances in recent weeks, but today has to be placed up there as the worst of this season over all. That was the last game of this league season that I really thought we would go into confident we could win, but all we succeeded in doing was looking absolute garbage, and that is being kind.We now have a fight on our hands over the next three post split games, we need to get three points from those games to prevent having to depend on Hibs and Motherwell's results to keep us in the top 6, and lets make no bones about it, we are playing very much like a bottom 6 team at the moment.

Sums up the feelings of those who actually attend games.

Today was as bad as it gets. No excuses.

One man to blame. His time is up.

8 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Then she needs to go if that's the case

She needed a guy like Levein to help her with the football side of things when she took over. I don't think there is the same need, but she would need guidance when choosing the next manager. She will need the expertise of JKB.

19 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Don't think I've seen Haring being so anonymous in a game. Almost forgot he was on the pitch at times. Is he another one who's back to soon after his lay off ?

Could be. Been anonymous since he had his op 

12 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Sums up the feelings of those who actually attend games.

Today was as bad as it gets. No excuses.

One man to blame. His time is up.

I was there and I agree re performance today. Team selection was odd, tactics were odd, substitutions didn’t work. However very few in a maroon jersey looked like they gave 100% for the cause. Not sure I’d agree only one man to blame. Once player crosses the line it’s up to him in terms of effort he puts in no matter what prep the manager has put into the game. Never understood how folk think a manager can do anything about a players attitude during a game other than hook him.  Can only assume Tuesday took a lot out of them. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably because he’s the manager and it’s his job to motivate the players, most of whom he signed in the first place. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be. Been anonymous since he had his op 

I like the guy, his performance at ER in the derby, with a hernia, was heroic until he was forced to go off. But I agree he's not been anywhere near his best since coming back.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I was there and I agree re performance today. Team selection was odd, tactics were odd, substitutions didn’t work. However very few in a maroon jersey looked like they gave 100% for the cause. Not sure I’d agree only one man to blame. Once player crosses the line it’s up to him in terms of effort he puts in no matter what prep the manager has put into the game. Never understood how folk think a manager can do anything about a players attitude during a game other than hook him.  Can only assume Tuesday took a lot out of them. 

If they can’t make any difference to a player on the pitch why do the majority of managers scream

and shout during matches? Are the wrong and your right, your attempted defence of Levein tonight shows a distinct lack of football knowledge.

Amazing how many folk are ripping the team selection since the game finished yet looking at this thread before the game it was mainly positive views.

Fickle as feck.

loveofthegame
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably because he’s the manager and it’s his job to motivate the players, most of whom he signed in the first place. 

Spot on.

His signings, so if the players aren't good enough it is his fault.

His tactics and team selection, so if the players look lost and demotivated then again it is his fault.

Either way, the blame lies squarely at his feet.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Amazing how many folk are ripping the team selection since the game finished yet looking at this thread before the game it was mainly positive views.

Fickle as feck.

Carry on burying  your head in the sand 

This was down to : -

1.  Vanecek being isolated up top

2.  Going from nothing wide to  two wingers and full backs and Clare all down the wings at points. Nothing to cross in to. 

3. Djoum and Haring playing far too deep to contribute anything positive. 

4. Berra and Soutter (less so) being totally incapable of making a pass which starts an attack at pace. 

The majority of this must must have been tac-tics from Levein. 3. May be partly due to 4 but part tactical. 

Alex Kintner
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Djoum and Souttar are the only players I’d give pass marks to.

Levein organised the cathro shambles and he has managed this shambles.Who is he answerable to.Followed Hearts all my life but this clown is killing us.You might agree disagree I could not care less get him out NOW

Jambo 4 Ever
51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Booing before half time hardly lifts the team. Too many want to criticise before trying to encourage. Too many from here at the game today I think. 

This

some songs about a hammer and fenions - no need

”we’re from the capital...you’re from a shithole “ song - no need and cringeworthy no matter where we are playing.

Many fans shouting at the home fans trying to get a reaction out of them.

loads of neds shouting “what a shitty home support” - embarrassing 

and also some singing complaining about Ann Budge 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Fickle as feck.

Because there is always the hope that with the line up, someone will get up in support of the isolated front man, hope that the team will be instructed to drive forward with the ball, the hope that the team selected will be allowed to express themselves and look like a football team. Yet time and time and time and time again we are left disappointed. If the players(Who are changed game in game out) are not following the managers instructions then we have a real problem, and most can see that it is not the players week on week out.

56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And yet who picks Berra every game?

King Of The Cat Cafe
42 minutes ago, sac said:

She needed a guy like Levein to help her with the football side of things when she took over. I don't think there is the same need, but she would need guidance when choosing the next manager. She will need the expertise of JKB.

In that case:

WE'RE DOOMED

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

”we’re from the capital...you’re from a shithole “ song - no need and cringeworthy no matter where we are playing.

Hamiltons a ****in cesspit.

Deal with it ya manky tramp.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

:facepalm:

As if this was a one off. As if this is the first time that a half decent result has been followed by a complete no-show. It’s a blatant trend but for some reason people on here kid themselves that squeezing past the worst team in the Championship is somehow an achievement. Baffling.

12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

Apart from the first one the rest are fair enough, not sure what your gripe is.

Edit: Just read it again, never noticed the bit about our supporters shouting at theirs.

Well, that's just not on is it?

Edited by graygo

portobellojambo1
55 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

It genuinely may be utter nonsense but a number of folk have said his health problems are such that he is going to step down end of season. I hope he isn't genuinely unwell and it is a false rumour. Personally I'd prefer he just walked now.

It is a false rumour. However, that in itself doesn't mean he won't leave come the end of the season. There's another thread running on here which is about his plans for next season. He is quoted as saying if two or three players already at the club are still here he will only need around 2 or 3 players. From memory, I think he also something along the lines of "the pillars are already in place". Today those pillars were definitely in another place.

15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

You been to many football matches?:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is a false rumour. However, that in itself doesn't mean he won't leave come the end of the season. There's another thread running on here which is about his plans for next season. He is quoted as saying if two or three players already at the club are still here he will only need around 2 or 3 players. From memory, I think he also something along the lines of "the pillars are already in place". Today those pillars were definitely in another place.

No they were pillars today - not one of them moved.

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

If you get upset by the bits in bold then attending football matches isn’t for you

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Apart from the first one the rest are fair enough, not sure what your gripe is.

Edit: Just read it again, never noticed the bit about our supporters shouting at theirs.

Well, that's just not on is it?

Why can’t grown men act civilised?

there are kids who are there and could pick up some of this behaviour 

Clare, mulrainey and Morrison are like playing with 8 men when playing against cloggers like these lot or livi etc. Will never win the battle with these in the team. One luxury play at a time. I use luxury very loosely. 

Add Haring, Vanacek, garrucio who were pump. Half a team missing who might as well be replaced by under 16s.

The shit thing is these are not all bad players, managers job to get it sorted.

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Djoum and Souttar are the only players I’d give pass marks to.

I would agree with that. In a previous post the person you responded to mentioned some fans booing at the half time whistle, and he felt it wasn't the route to go down. While I'm not one who does go down that route I found it very understandable today. It was a shit awful day in general, and I can't speak for all, but I go along and watch in the hope that I'll see something from the team which will help get me through to the next game. As you say Souttar and Djoum looked interested (but couldn't impact on/change the game on their own). But today there was just nothing on the park, which in itself just added to the generally shitty day and some people there just expressed their thoughts through their reaction. Sometimes it is better to react in that manner and get a point across rather than applaud off a group of guys who have produced nothing of note.

Edited by portobellojambo1

18Jambo_dave74

That was absolute garbage yet again today - one of the worst performances I’ve seen in years.

Today was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I’ve always been a big Levein supporter but enough is enough. I think I’ve enjoyed about 3 games in the last 6 months. 

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

No they were pillars today - not one of them moved.

Another, understandable way of interpreting the use of the word pillars in terms of what was happening, or rather not happening, on the park.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

I wasn't there but suspect a few fans even shouted abuse at the ref.

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thankful the rumour is false, hoping the scare he had last year makes him think more about his own health going forward. 

The gigs up though, he's politically spinning press conferences every week with new contract chat and forced positivity to try to deflect from how poor our play is. It would be the right thing to give him the cup run but start the recruitment process now. 

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I would agree with that. In a previous post the person you responded to mentioned some fans booing at the half time whistle, and he felt it wasn't the route to go down. While I'm not one who does go down that route I found it very understandable today. It was a shit awful day in general, and I can't speak for all, but I go along and watch in the hope that I'll see something from the team which will help get me through to the next game. As you say Souttar and Djoum looked interested (but couldn't impact on/change the game on their own). But today there was just nothing on the park, which in itself just added to the generally shitty day and some people there just expressed their thoughts through their reaction. Sometimes it is better to react in that manner and get a point across rather than applaud off a group of guys who have produced nothing of note.

I have no issue at all with fans booing the players today. Fans went through there in numbers in bad weather conditions and were rewarded with an abysmal performance.