***Official Hamilton v Hearts match day thread***

Finlay James

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

How? Seems to get results and get teams playing an exciting way

They often play without a recognised forward and play absolutely dire hoofball, evidenced by the fact that Halkett is their top scorer.

I'd sooner have Grant Holt.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Has levein spoke to the BBC yet.

Not yet but I hope his first words are to tell everyone that he is offering his resignation 

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The lack of fight is Levein's fault and it can be argued that lack of fight is a consequence of teams not being picked fairly, logically or on merit.

I can't agree there, mate. Too pissed off to bicker anymore. Enjoy your Saturday libations.

It looks like the starting 11 is put  together collectively with input from Daly, Fox and McPhee - and that’s the problem. I’d assume with a view to providing them with a platform for the bootroom philosophy. It’s just a shambles.

sandylejambo

if we lose the semi, the papers would be full of SHOCK headlines, but it would not be a shock to those of us who watch Hearts, that says it all to the management, Levein has to go now.

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Anyone still actually believe that Levein is the man to take us forward?

To be frank, yes:)

No surprised at all. Im out as ive said now for a wee while until Levein goes. Buck stops with him in so many more ways than is normal re his influence at the club to any other club. Players under perform, management are gormless beyond description and as a set of fans we are absolute suckers....loyal to a fault. Without AB we wouldnt have a club...end of....but that cant excuse decision making thereafter on that fact alone. Its very very sad how far we have dropped on the field over the last 2-3 seasons..... ?

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If a team is playing no-where near the level they are capable of I think the manager takes the blame. Especially if he has chosen those players.

I am not sure why that is mind-numbingly stupid rather than a statement of the bleeding obvious.

I think BOTH manager and players take the blame. Revolutionary stuff. I know.

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who now wants craig to stay are hibs...simples...

Mate, 15 years ago called. It wants it's catchphrase back.

The Internet
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Been this way for decades 

Certainly for as long as I can remember. I'd say Neilson had us beating the diddy teams often enough (though still had his moments) but otherwise we've always been the ones to hand points to struggling teams. 

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Or sack one of them ie. Levein and see if that is the problem.

Either way Levein is to blame, if it turns out the players just aren't very good that is clearly his fault as well.

Thing is... these players are good enough, or at least enough of them to be doing a lot better.

Berra, Souttar, Dikamona, Smith, Naismith, Bozanic, Haring, Djoum, Uche That's a pretty good level of player. 

As soon I seen the tinkerman had 'rested' Uche we were always getting beat. Been our best player for a month. There is a two week break now. You're not telling me he couldn't have played one more match.

Shambolic team selections ever since he brought on Amankwaa for Naismith in the League Cup semi-final.

I am sitting watching the rugby and that loser Townsend as our manager and thinking how important a good manager is. I can only dream of having one at Hearts. Levein and his 2 jokers are so poor it is beyond the stage of finding any positive. We will always be a losing team under Townsend in the rugby and Levein at Hearts.

David McCaig
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Thing is... these players are good enough, or at least enough of them to be doing a lot better.

Berra, Souttar, Dikamona, Smith, Naismith, Bozanic, Haring, Djoum, Uche That's a pretty good level of player. 

In which case sack Levein.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

When the manager of Sunderland was told to leave by C L that was the end.

He's struggling to get Sunderland out of league 1 with a celtic-esque budget compared to the rest of the league. Not fussed about him. 

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

Anyone going to waste money on Hampden..I C T is a cert to win.

Fancy a wager?

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In which case sack Levein.

I have made it clear I think he should leave at the end of the season. 

We are mince under Levein, he is the reason for this, his signings, his players, his tactics, the man has to go! 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am sitting watching the rugby and that loser Townsend as our manager and thinking how important a good manager is. I can only dream of having one at Hearts. Levein and his 2 jokers are so poor it is beyond the stage of finding any positive. We will always be a losing team under Townsend in the rugby and Levein at Hearts.

This. 

"Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly," he said.

"We were much better in the second half but we just didn’t provide the quality in the second half to be able to score.

SNSCopyright: SNS
Craig Levein endured a frustrating afternoonImage caption: Craig Levein endured a frustrating afternoon

"I’ve got to credit Hamilton – they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don’t know why."

So he still doesn't know what to do then. 

image.gif

Each bad result makes his position more untenable. The five year plan off the pitch has been outstanding, but on it you do have to start questioning how much longer do you give him.

Imagine being a player and sitting through the analysis of that on Monday morning! I hope the management team learnt how to nullify the threat of Hamilton and can communicate this to our players.  Think we need less attackers and more defenders, that should shore things up. Best chance in years of lifting a trophy, players are definitely good enough, the rest?

45 minutes ago, JohnB said:

You'll  be having a clearance then and that's also what we should be doing with our football management team Craig Levien right down to John Murray.

I agree. We are devoid of ideas when the going gets tough. 

Just back home from watching that utter guff performance. Our second worst performances of the season. We have

nothing to offer as a team and on that performance we womt

get past ICT. Good luck selling semi final

briefs on the back of that! 

Levein and his boot room have feck all clue and no idea how

to set up a team.  Very worrying and changes need to happen. 

Another Saturday night ruined! 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Makes you wonder why the hell he is still at Hearts and playing regularly then. He is really quite poor but he's not alone unfortunately. 

He’s only 18, he might well learn to cross the ball but I don’t trust the coaches we have to help him progress.

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly," he said.

"We were much better in the second half but we just didn’t provide the quality in the second half to be able to score.

Craig Levein endured a frustrating afternoonImage caption: Craig Levein endured a frustrating afternoon

"I’ve got to credit Hamilton – they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don’t know why."

image.gif

' I don’t know why'

Well kick the ****ing dressing room door in and ****ing find out. 

Honestly, get him to ****. 

Bazzas right boot

It needs reviewed at the seasons end. 

Still plenty to go for on  the pitch, 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Oh F off Hearts, another defeat to a lower six team, the only teams in the league that haven’t beaten us are St Johnstone and Hibs :facepalm:

Hibs aren’t in the bottom 6, undefeated in the league under the new guy and 2 points behind us and a 13 better goal difference.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He was a good player.

He was. But could be frustratingly hit and miss. (Jim Townsend that is)

Not to the extent of most of the current bunch though

Edited by Francis Albert

Injuries did not ruin this league campaign, a run of fortune and momentum at the beginning when others stumbled, actually saved it!!

GorgieRules22

I’m not sure if Ann Budge realises how much the supporters want change.

She said anything less than fourth was failure......well we’re about to fail so time for you to do the right thing Ann.

32 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Mate, 15 years ago called. It wants it's catchphrase back.

Mate, hibs.net called.It wants their number one agent back.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Who motivates (or not) before they go on the park.

Even worse after half time too ??‍♂️

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

image.gif

That could be said for far far too many games for my liking.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Early days but looks like Dempster at Hibs has found herself a decent manager.

Folk on here were treating him like a total joke appointment who would take hibs down. Going well that :facepalm:

Just now, Gambo said:

That could be said for far far too many games for my liking.

I thought exactly the same.  He's run out of ideas. 

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

image.gif

He seems surprised Hamilton made it difficult for us - that’s Cathro-esque. 

“Hopeful” we were back on track?

”Dont know why” etc etc

It doesn’t sound like a man who has confidence in himself to turn it around.