• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably because he’s the manager and it’s his job to motivate the players, most of whom he signed in the first place. 

He can motivate them all he wants but when they cross the line the amount of effort put in is totally down to the player. Everybody has bad days at work when we put in less effort than we could/should. Today we had 8 or 9 doing exactly that. 

39 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And yet who picks Berra every game?

Agreed, he needs a rest. I wouldn’t play him until Hibs game as a warm up for semi. 

10 minutes ago, Crete said:

Surely Ann Budge can’t be enjoying this negative football we are playing week in week out.

Like the usual suspects on here, she is blind to it!!

The Future's Maroon

Some reactions, wow?! We are not Barcelona or Man City, can’t win every week ffs.

Patience.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If they can’t make any difference to a player on the pitch why do the majority of managers scream

and shout during matches? Are the wrong and your right, your attempted defence of Levein tonight shows a distinct lack of football knowledge.

It’s part of the psyche and the expected behaviour. 

Re football knowledge, cheap shot from you, expected better, been watching football for over 60 years. I suspect I may have picked up some knowledge. Just a different opinion from you. Explain why players play well one week then not do well the next in every team? Is every manager doing a lousy job? 

Which players today, if you were at the game, would you say gave 100% for the cause and made few  mistakes, poor decisions, poor/misplaced passes? I honestly can’t think of any. Did Levein coach them to perform like that? Is that what you are saying? 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Some reactions, wow?! We are not Barcelona or Man City, can’t win every week ffs.

Patience.

What? We aren't Barcelona? Really?

41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Clare, mulrainey and Morrison are like playing with 8 men when playing against cloggers like these lot or livi etc. Will never win the battle with these in the team. One luxury play at a time. I use luxury very loosely. 

Add Haring, Vanacek, garrucio who were pump. Half a team missing who might as well be replaced by under 16s.

The shit thing is these are not all bad players, managers job to get it sorted.

Three out of the five poor players. 

Haringshairband
48 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If you get upset by the bits in bold then attending football matches isn’t for you

This

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Patience.

Today we weren't even Hamilton Academical FFS.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Doc said:

Hamiltons a ****in cesspit.

Deal with it ya manky tramp.

Is there any need to speak to a fellow Jambo like that, I don’t agree with a few of his points but if I felt the need to argue I wouldn’t treat him like a hibee.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He can motivate them all he wants but when they cross the line the amount of effort put in is totally down to the player. Everybody has bad days at work when we put in less effort than we could/should. Today we had 8 or 9 doing exactly that. 

It happens too many times though, and as he picked them the blame lies at his door no matter how you spin it it afraid.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s part of the psyche and the expected behaviour. 

Re football knowledge, cheap shot from you, expected better, been watching football for over 60 years. I suspect I may have picked up some knowledge. Just a different opinion from you. Explain why players play well one week then not do well the next in every team? Is every manager doing a lousy job? 

Which players today, if you were at the game, would you say gave 100% for the cause and made few  mistakes, poor decisions, poor/misplaced passes? I honestly can’t think of any. Did Levein coach them to perform like that? Is that what you are saying? 

Cheap shot probably, you left yourself open to it. Good managers get their points across in many ways, some use notes or get the player over to speak to them or shout. It is expected but it also works, I rarely see our bench do this though. Players rarely play well one week and crap the next, they usually have a run of form in either direction. A winger for example could have a great game against a poor team but struggle against a good team, or strangely like us play well against Celtic and crap v Hamilton.

I wasn’t at the game today, a combination of work/the style of play/the boorish neds and they’re wee ditties along with the bams that are banned from Tynecastle make most away unappealing to me. As you and most others have said, even the positive like my great nephew who’s response was ???, we failed all over the park today. Whether he coached them, or his tactics led to that performance they’re his players playing his style and failing miserably and he is totally to blame for that. If you have watched us for 60 years you have 14 years on me and have seen worse than this, has the manager ever survived?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Thankful the rumour is false, hoping the scare he had last year makes him think more about his own health going forward. 

The gigs up though, he's politically spinning press conferences every week with new contract chat and forced positivity to try to deflect from how poor our play is. It would be the right thing to give him the cup run but start the recruitment process now. 

Definitely, the line about two semis for the first time in 14 years wouldn’t have been mentioned if it wasn’t to make himself look good.

wattie exploited

we are going backwards we are total shit right now ,the football is mind blowing rubbish and he needs to step aside am sure we are going to have trouble selling season tickets with the football that we are having to watch of late !!!!!!

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes, the sense of entitlement from some, especially on this site, is frightening.

sandylejambo
59 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes, the sense of entitlement from some, especially on this site, is frightening.

I would have thought that effort and some semblance of skill from professional footballers is the least we,re entitled to

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

That was absolute garbage yet again today - one of the worst performances I’ve seen in years.

Today was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I’ve always been a big Levein supporter but enough is enough. I think I’ve enjoyed about 3 games in the last 6 months. 

You are not alone in thinking that way now. I think ER, Killie away, ST J at home and Talbot are the only games I’ve enjoyed since Naismith fell to the turf at Murrayfield.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

This is spot on! Too many of our team are letting Craig, themselves and most importantly us the supporters down. A hard boot up the arse is needed now. Week in, week out Levein is the target of abuse on here, etc while the players are constantly getting away with it. They’re no bairns ffs, they’re grown men and ought to take a ****ing good look at themselves. Some of them are a disgrace to the jersey at times.

15 hours ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

This has Vanecek subbed at half time written all over it. 

I thought the exact same .... tinker man fails again 

2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

This is spot on! Too many of our team are letting Craig, themselves and most importantly us the supporters down. A hard boot up the arse is needed now. Week in, week out Levein is the target of abuse on here, etc while the players are constantly getting away with it. They’re no bairns ffs, they’re grown men and ought to take a ****ing good look at themselves. Some of them are a disgrace to the jersey at times.

HH brought them to the club and I remember Craig saying they had the right attributes to play for hearts 

CL is the culprit tactics are horrific 

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

We churn out som loser excuses on this forum and as a club but using "We are not Barcelona" for losing to Hamilton Academicals" is hard to beat.

Maroonfaethetoon

Unfortunately not Callumn Mr keyboard warrior- but calling him thick has hit a nerve !

Edited by Maroonfaethetoon
Wrong quote

GorgieRules22
9 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Patience.

Sorry but mines has run out.

Ill never cancel my foh contributions like some have said because there’s no sense in that. 

I’ll keep going every week.

But....... the 2nd half yesterday showed you that there’s not much being done at training in terms of setting us up to attack teams, we look clueless.

I don’t want a witch hunt against a guy that’s a Hearts man but I want change and the sooner the better.

Maroonfaethetoon
20 minutes ago, Maroonfaethetoon said:

Edited by Maroonfaethetoon

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cheap shot probably, you left yourself open to it. Good managers get their points across in many ways, some use notes or get the player over to speak to them or shout. It is expected but it also works, I rarely see our bench do this though. Players rarely play well one week and crap the next, they usually have a run of form in either direction. A winger for example could have a great game against a poor team but struggle against a good team, or strangely like us play well against Celtic and crap v Hamilton.

I wasn’t at the game today, a combination of work/the style of play/the boorish neds and they’re wee ditties along with the bams that are banned from Tynecastle make most away unappealing to me. As you and most others have said, even the positive like my great nephew who’s response was ???, we failed all over the park today. Whether he coached them, or his tactics led to that performance they’re his players playing his style and failing miserably and he is totally to blame for that. If you have watched us for 60 years you have 14 years on me and have seen worse than this, has the manager ever survived?

No manager survives long but yes there have been a few. JJ had some dire seasons, Alex McDonald was a disaster initially. Both came good. We were all for keeping Sergio on the back of one game for heavens sake. 

Re managers influence during games, take last night.. City were poor first half and into second. Did Pep magically motivate with theatrics/magic words from the sidelines? No he brought on world class subs to sort things out. His initial lineup and tactics were failing.  Levein doesn’t have that luxury. United - no signs of Ole being able to change things from the sidelines either last Sunday or last night. Was he 100% responsible for them losing last night? 

Levein will step down, as manager, summer of 2020 when contract is up. May do it earlier but I doubt it. Budge is allowing him to build for next couple of seasons and significant contracts already signed so she clearly has no plans to relieve him of this duties. 

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No manager survives long but yes there have been a few. JJ had some dire seasons, Alex McDonald was a disaster initially. Both came good. We were all for keeping Sergio on the back of one game for heavens sake. 

Re managers influence during games, take last night.. City were poor first half and into second. Did Pep magically motivate with theatrics/magic words from the sidelines? No he brought on world class subs to sort things out. His initial lineup and tactics were failing.  Levein doesn’t have that luxury. United - no signs of Ole being able to change things from the sidelines either last Sunday or last night. Was he 100% responsible for them losing last night? 

Levein will step down, as manager, summer of 2020 when contract is up. May do it earlier but I doubt it. Budge is allowing him to build for next couple of seasons and significant contracts already signed so she clearly has no plans to relieve him of this duties. 

McDonald, a disaster initially?? Really, he inherited a train wreck of a squad in Division one..  Became player manager 1981, got us promoted in 1983 and Europe in 1984 and that was a disaster?? Fair enough the Forfar result, but a disaster??

upgotheheads

Just a question about yesterday's game. Did we play with that canyon between the midfield and the top one or two forwards, or to put it another way was there any connection between the midfield and strikers yesterday?

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Just a question about yesterday's game. Did we play with that canyon between the midfield and the top one or two forwards, or to put it another way was there any connection between the midfield and strikers yesterday?

Midfield were anonymous and over run. When they did get it , it more often than not went backwards. Mind you taking Sean Clare out of there and putting him at right back later on didn’t help.  But yep there was zero connection. Occasionally we got in a position to cross the ball but the standard of crossing was the usual fare.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Midfield were anonymous and over run. When they did get it , it more often than not went backwards. Mind you taking Sean Clare out of there and putting him at right back later on didn’t help.  But yep there was zero connection. Occasionally we got in a position to cross the ball but the standard of crossing was the usual fare.

Aye, it's been a recurring theme over the last coupe of seasons. If Djoum is playing wide then that usually make it worse, and maybe the absence of Olly Lee. I'm not Lee's biggest fan,  he adds cohesion in the midfield but needs a ball winner beside him.

chuck berrys hairline
10 hours ago, Crete said:

Surely Ann Budge can’t be enjoying this negative football we are playing week in week out.

?? Like that matters to her it's all about the ??? typical woman can't wait till she's out. This is all her doing relying on one man. How much longer do we have to endure her virtue signalling pish

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

?? Like that matters to her it's all about the ??? typical woman can't wait till she's out. This is all her doing relying on one man. How much longer do we have to endure her virtue signalling pish

Say Again?!

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

HH brought them to the club and I remember Craig saying they had the right attributes to play for hearts 

CL is the culprit tactics are horrific 

At times they do and other times they don’t try a leg. “Horrific tactics” or not players should still be giving 100%, its their job.

22 minutes ago, gedster said:

McDonald, a disaster initially?? Really, he inherited a train wreck of a squad in Division one..  Became player manager 1981, got us promoted in 1983 and Europe in 1984 and that was a disaster?? Fair enough the Forfar result, but a disaster??

First season didn’t get promotion. Second season finished second in second division. Third season fifth in top league. Fourth season 7th in top league.Even in 85/86 when we finished second we only won 2 out of first 9 league games, exactly same run as Levein is in just now since winter break. He was a slow burner. 

We gave Doddy time and he eventually came good. The similarities between what Doddy inherited and what Levein inherited are eerily  alike. 

stirlingshirejambo
19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

My take was that our midfield was overrun and static so when Souttar or Berra had the ball there was no one prepared to take it off them

plyed it wide to full backs and wingers but they were having such an off day I think Hamilton were happy for them to have it. 

Clare moved from central mid to left when Mulraney went off to right back for Brandon summed up our clueless formation

i actually thought Callumn stated brightly and had a good couple of early runs and one shot where he created space for himself early. However as game went on he dropped deeper and deeper and became anonymous 

our drive home was as silent as I can remember all thankful no game next weekend

I shouldn’t let it but performances like that really do spoil my mood for the weekend

25 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No connection

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Grow up ffs 

1 minute ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

My take was that our midfield was overrun and static so when Souttar or Berra had the ball there was no one prepared to take it off them

plyed it wide to full backs and wingers but they were having such an off day I think Hamilton were happy for them to have it. 

Clare moved from central mid to left when Mulraney went off to right back for Brandon summed up our clueless formation

i actually thought Callumn stated brightly and had a good couple of early runs and one shot where he created space for himself early. However as game went on he dropped deeper and deeper and became anonymous 

our drive home was as silent as I can remember all thankful no game next weekend

I shouldn’t let it but performances like that really do spoil my mood for the weekend

Pretty good summary. I’d add that Mulraney took a couple of heavy tackles early on and disappeared. Morrison had Sowah on toast for 15-20 mins then his injury seemed to slow him down. Don’t know where Lee was, injured, ill or dropped, who knows but he was missed yesterday. Also couldn’t understand Djoum playing deeper than Haring who is a wasted jersey at the moment. 

Absolutely disgusting yet again. Went through to the game yesterday but i won't be back. Really is just a waste of ****ing time. 

tolcross lad
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

First season didn’t get promotion. Second season finished second in second division. Third season fifth in top league. Fourth season 7th in top league.Even in 85/86 when we finished second we only won 2 out of first 9 league games, exactly same run as Levein is in just now since winter break. He was a slow burner. 

We gave Doddy time and he eventually came good. The similarities between what Doddy inherited and what Levein inherited are eerily  alike. 

Levein as DOF and Manager has been slow burning for 5 years now and to many of us its a constant fizzle with no end.

gowestjambo

It will probably take John Robertson 5 minutes to prepare his tactics for the semi final, we are so easy to play against and so predictable.

There are so many things wrong with the team at the moment, but surely we must stop this sideways and backwards passes which get us nowhere. This is not how Football is played, this is kidding on we are building from the back, until we are pressed and the eventual hoof up the park. The idea of building from the back is to isolate oppossition players, however, we are so pedestrian in moving the ball we continually have 10 men still to beat. For a team of professional footballers our control and passing is a disgrace.

Obviously from the Craig Levein tactics book, marking at throw in's is not necessary. And 10 men back at corners and still allowing the oppossition free headers in the box!!

The man is not fit for purpose. 

17 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He’s unsackable. We can only hope he steps aside at the end of the season.

If he goes I don;t want him reverting to his DOF role because that will stop lots of potential new Coaches wanting the job.

We need a total clearout. Daly, McPhee etc need to go along with him as they have been brought through on the back of Levein's teaching so will be no different to hm.

We have some decent players at the club but they are not being motivated and played in their best positions to get the best out of them.

Forget the comparisons between wee Doddie and Levein for goodness sake.That was over 35 years ago since he took over.The garbage we are watching is now.Utter dug poo and it goes on and on.As long as that clown is here it wont change.

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Criticism of his team selection, tactics, ponderous style of play & inability to motivate his team isn't abuse.  Everyone knows how ruthless CL is - how do you think he would react if he was in ABs place  looking down on this shit  show with any other coach in place?  I doubt very much CL would be giving him a pat on the back and saying how much he was looking forward to another season of the same failings. 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Criticism of his team selection, tactics, ponderous style of play & inability to motivate his team isn't abuse.  Everyone knows how ruthless CL is - how do you think he would react if he was in ABs place  looking down on this shit  show with any other coach in place?  I doubt very much CL would be giving him a pat on the back and saying how much he was looking forward to another season of the same failings. 

I’m not on about the criticism though, I’m on about the abuse.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

You can’t actually be serious that managers don’t change things during the games from the sidelines, it happens every week.

As fo substitutions Levein has signed 20 players this season and even accounting for injuries he should have something on the bench to be able to change things. The substitutions ate usually like for like or defensive, to close down a game. He and his coaches have no clue how to open a team up when we are behind by making changes. How many times are we worse in the 2nd half than the first, guys in the Gorgie for instance have said they barely see us score at their end. So he can’t change it during the game or at Ht, but it’s not his fault that his players and his tactics fail?

As for Budge she’s said she knows nothing about football, there’s a lot of it going around.

If you believe we have no power in this situation and he will be here as long as he wants, just wait and see what unfolds over the next few months.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Practically every player has a thread on this forum, mostly criticism and they are not being left out. As for Levein he brought them here, is responsible for their coaching, training and tactics. Did you blame Cathro?

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Practically every player has a thread on this forum, mostly criticism and they are not being left out. As for Levein he brought them here, is responsible for their coaching, training and tactics. Did you blame Cathro?

So the players tried a leg yesterday?? Which was my point. Not disputing any of your points but my point is regarding the efforts from the players!

Think we all share the same thoughts on Cathro however at times the players hung him out to dry too. They get away with murder, it happens with teams all over the world not just us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

So the players tried a leg yesterday?? Which was my point. Not disputing any of your points but my point is regarding the efforts from the players!

Think we all share the same thoughts on Cathro however at times the players hung him out to dry too. They get away with murder, it happens with teams all over the world not just us.

Indeed it does and it’s because the manager has lost the dressing  room, unlike the rest of the world the manager usually gets sacked.

Edited by Pasquale for King

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed it does and it’s because the manager has lost the dressing  room, unlike the rest of the world the manager usually gets sacked.

Would be unusual when a team are through to a semi final though 

:clyay: