***Official Hamilton v Hearts match day thread***

Finlay James

Finlay James

Tough game but we have a good record of late at New Douglas Park.

We need to build momentum and pick up points with some tough games coming up so I'm predicting another close match and a Hearts 3-1 win.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

Hamilton seem to have changed their ‘style’ recently to go out and attack teams more openly, which is the worst thing they can do against us.

For that reason and to continue our uptake in form I’ll go with a 3-0 Hearts win.

Also, *Heart of Midlothian.

I think a few lessons would have been learned after  that Partick game.  2-0 us goals by Clare and Uche.

Edited by Marvin

gashauskis9

They looked like a junior team when we played them on Boxing Day.  If the same team turns up, I’m confident we’ll win by a couple of goals.  

My team (based on the fact that we looked dangerous in wide areas on Tuesday night with Wighton and Mulraney).

Bobby

Godinho

Souttar

Dikamona (tough run of games coming up, probably last chance to give Berra a rest and a week off)

Garrucio (had a shocker on Tues but we don’t have much in the way of options for a flat back 4)

Wighton

Djoum

Haring

Mulraney

Clare

Uche

What I reckon we’ll see

Bobby

Godinho

Souttar

Berra

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Djoum

Uche

Vanacek

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I think a few lessons would have been learned after  that Partick game.  2-0 us goals by Clare and Uche.

Really? Not a dig Marv but we never seem to learn. We never learn anything as that would suggest not making the same mistakes or improving our results as the weeks go on.We still even keep missing penalties.

been here before

We cant break teams down, we cant finish teams off and we cant seem to score enough to settle the nerves.

4-0 Hearts

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

1 nil Hearts......just

Going to struggle along to this game or just critcise on here?

Just now, been here before said:

We cant break teams down, we cant finish teams off and we cant seem to score enough to settle the nerves.

4-0 Hearts

Going to struggle along to this game or just critcise on here?

I'm up in the caravan this weekend so will just sit with limited signal whilst coming on here to abuse the team and players.......with a few beers.

portobellojambo1

After this weekend the quality of opposition increases in the league, with three games versus Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs post split and then 5 post split matches.

Pleased with the win at the weekend versus Dundee and getting through to the Scottish Cup semi final. However, I couldn't walk away from last Saturday's game or either of the two cup ties versus Partick and say we played really, really well in any of those games, because the brutal honest truth is we didn't. I'm not sure we will turn in a devastating display this coming weekend, but will accept three points before we enter the last 8 games, games in which we will be playing for league position and the monetary rewards associated with that. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up 1-0 or 2-1 to us, I just hope it is a win.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot

Hamilton are the only team I genuinely wonder about. 

They look and play like a junior side, always honking when I see them. 

2-0, as we have a good record there. 

Set us up nicely for the games v Aberdeen and hibs, which we also have a good record against at home. 

Could build t up some nice momentum taking us into the semi final. 

Can see us hitting that at least unbeaten in a wee run  maybe even in a 5 game winning streak. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm up in the caravan this weekend so will just sit with limited signal whilst coming on here to abuse the team and players.......with a few beers.

A caravan you say.

The favoured dwelling place of TGFITW.

:levein_interesting:

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

A caravan you say.

The favoured dwelling place of TGFITW.

:levein_interesting:

touche.

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They looked like a junior team when we played them on Boxing Day.  If the same team turns up, I’m confident we’ll win by a couple of goals.  

My team (based on the fact that we looked dangerous in wide areas on Tuesday night with Wighton and Mulraney).

Bobby

Godinho

Souttar

Dikamona (tough run of games coming up, probably last chance to give Berra a rest and a week off)

Garrucio (had a shocker on Tues but we don’t have much in the way of options for a flat back 4)

Wighton

Djoum

Haring

Mulraney

Clare

Uche

What I reckon we’ll see

Bobby

Godinho

Souttar

Berra

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Djoum

Uche

Vanacek

Why would we give Berra a rest before the two week internationals break?

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

D’ya like dags?

Same team as Tues please other than Haring for Lee. Lets get some continuity. Vana on bench instead of MacLean.

upgotheheads

As few changes as possible please, possibly Haring for Lee, maybe not even that to give Haring more recovery time. We have rarely had a settled side and now might be just the time to do establish team continuity as the end of season 'crunch' approaches.

It's a better pitch, we're on a good run there (last 3 won), they are more open. 

We did show some good signs of quick, direct, passing play v Partick and I'm hopeful we can continue that, putting together a good side without Naismith.

Looking forward to it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

upgotheheads
31 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

As few changes as possible please, possibly Haring for Lee, maybe not even that to give Haring more recovery time. We have rarely had a settled side and now might be just the time to do establish team continuity as the end of season 'crunch' approaches.

I'm forgetting that it's an artificial pitch no doubt CL will want to protect Haring and Godhino. It's bloody ridiculous that coaches have to alter their teams to accommodate plastic pitches.

18Jambo_dave74

We've not got top 6 guaranteed yet, but assuming we do get it then after Hamilton our league fixtures for the rest of the season will be:

Celtic 

Rangers (x2)

Aberdeen (x2) 

Kilmarnock 

Hibs

And another fixture v Hibs/Motherwell/St Johnstone/ Livi. 

Given the upcoming fixtures, I would say that the game this weekend is a bit of a must win for us if we want to continue our challenge for 3rd/4th. I'd expect there to be a reaction from Rangers this weekend and for them to beat Killie therefore we should be looking to win and go level with them. Too many times in the last couple of months we haven't taken advantage of results elsewhere when they have gone our way. 

My team for Saturday would be:

Zlamal

Godinho Souttar Berra Garuccio

Djoum Haring

Wighton/Morrison Clare Mulraney

Ikpeazu 

I have to be honest and say I'm not a big fan of Wighton or Mulraney and I think Morrison has been poor for a while now. However I think we need more width in the side. I liked Clare in the middle of the park against Thistle however I'd push him further forward and get him closer to Uche. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

I’m hoping the thistle game and forthcoming semi has raised confidence. Players now fighting  for their place in the team - the cup may help us 

Our last plastic pitch game this season, avoiding injuries must be in the back of Craigs mind so I'd expect to see a couple of changes. Winning is absolutely imperative as we're only playing relatively decent teams after this one

Famous 1874

Berra should be dropped imo.

Zlamal

Godinho Souttar Dikamona Garuccio

Haring Djoum

Wighton Clare Mulraney 

Uche

Looking at the fixture list, this is pretty much the last of the easier games we have on paper. Tough games to come pre and post split. Absolute must win game if we have any aspirations of a European slot.

Cruyff Turn

We need to win again, keep the momentum going and keep building confidence. Win at that shithole, we’re in touching distance of 3rd and we could be hitting form at the right time when we play our rivals. 

Bobby

Godinho Soapy Berra Garrucio   

Haring

Clare   Djoum

Wighton.                      Mulraney 

Uche

1-3 Hearts.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

No doubt McKinnon and Imrie will be running about like angry demented dwarfs!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Our last plastic pitch game this season, avoiding injuries must be in the back of Craigs mind so I'd expect to see a couple of changes. Winning is absolutely imperative as we're only playing relatively decent teams after this one

Folk keep saying this. 

But Aberdeen w1 l1

Killie w2 l1

Celtic w1 l2

St Johnstone w2 d1? 

Hibs w1 d1

Rangers- humpty l2

Killie loss and 1 rangers loss as well as the hibs draw were at the height of our injury crisis as well. 

We really should be winning this, but the rest of the fixtures aren't as "scary" as folk are making out. 

I honestly think we'll beat both Aberdeen and hibs at home, winning this would be great as it sets us up nicely. 

3 hours ago, davidjambo51 said:

Cash gate at Hamilton  ???

There normally is.  And then a mixture of fans with ticketed and non ticketed seats get told to sit where they want leading to many heated debates.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Folk keep saying this. 

But Aberdeen w1 l1

Killie w2 l1

Celtic w1 l2

St Johnstone w2 d1? 

Hibs w1 d1

Rangers- humpty l2

Killie loss and 1 rangers loss as well as the hibs draw were at the height of our injury crisis as well. 

We really should be winning this, but the rest of the fixtures aren't as "scary" as folk are making out. 

I honestly think we'll beat both Aberdeen and hibs at home, winning this would be great as it sets us up nicely. 

We are well equipped to deal with both of these sides at Tynecastle as the previous results will testify. My worry would be that Aberdeen don't seem to be bottling the big games anymore. Hopefully we've still got the Indian sign over them.

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Not seen Imrie in a while - is he injured? although he's a crap footballer he can be a proper ******* which gee's his team mates up

Would be nice.  :) 

Edited by Morgan

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

D’ya like dags?

Same team as Tues please other than Haring for Lee. Lets get some continuity. Vana on bench instead of MacLean.

Nobody brings a fella the size of you unless they're trying to say something without talking, right boy?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We are well equipped to deal with both of these sides at Tynecastle as the previous results will testify. My worry would be that Aberdeen don't seem to be bottling the big games anymore. Hopefully we've still got the Indian sign over them.

Be close I reckon, our games seem to be an away/ home thing. 

Happy for that to continue, for the time being. 

Don't worry, be cool. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Image result for father ted caravan gif

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Good man.

Have a nice weekend, mate. ?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

rick witter

Usual prediction for me 1-0 us or 1-1. 

Levein  to say we started slowly and didn’t play our best. 

As long as we win that’s all that matters heading into some huge games before the split ??

gashauskis9
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would we give Berra a rest before the two week internationals break?

Because he’s been poor and is clearly struggling.  Pitch at Hamilton won’t help and every team has targeted him since New Year.  Storey had him on toast on Tues night, we got away with it. We have Dikamona and Shaugnessy capable of stepping in, let’s use them and help get our captain back fresh for a tough run in.

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Because he’s been poor and is clearly struggling.  Pitch at Hamilton won’t help and every team has targeted him since New Year.  Storey had him on toast on Tues night, we got away with it. We have Dikamona and Shaugnessy capable of stepping in, let’s use them and help get our captain back fresh for a tough run in.

Be as well just letting him play the last game before he gets the two week break.

Captain Canada

Bobby

Godinho Souttar Dikamona Garuccio

Wighton Haring Djoum Mulraney 

Vanecek Uche

Subs: Doyle, Clare, Bozanic, Shaugnessy, Keena, Morrison and Hickey 

Clare has been playing with a hip problem so I'd have him on the bench and give Uche some help up front.

Berra seriously needs a rest, his tired attempt at a challenge late in the cup game should have been a penalty. He's just not at the races currently.