Scottish Cup Semi Final v Inverness - Sat 13th April 12:15pm kick off

kila

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Shouldn’t be imo. Should be season tickets and high loyalty points holders first. Then other loyalty points holders then general sale. 

I have loads of loyalty points but would rather it went straight to general sale so I can enjoy the day with my part timer mates. I suspect a lot will be in the same boat.

No real need to sell in stages as we won't sell out with it being on BBC. The more the merrier.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Phone in sick ? if its the wedding just bin it. Even if it was yours that would be my advice. 

Its not his thankfully , he’s still in the bad books for missing one a few years back

when he was working.

I at least made the reception, it was the first game after we won the Championship after all ??‍♂️.

I have never understood why people book weddings and holidays during the season.

I missed my sister in laws wedding when we beat Gretna. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I have loads of loyalty points but would rather it went straight to general sale so I can enjoy the day with my part timer mates. I suspect a lot will be in the same boat.

No real need to sell in stages as we won't sell out with it being on BBC. The more the merrier.

That's where I'm at, I would like all 4 of my family to go together and sit together, would be the first time since the Gretna / St Liedown finals. If its a staggered sale then probably only 2 or 3 of us will go.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Only for the platinum seats, you can get a seat in those stands for as little as £22

Only the rubbish seats as well though. Front few rows or end sections.

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That's where I'm at, I would like all 4 of my family to go together and sit together, would be the first time since the Gretna / St Liedown finals. If its a staggered sale then probably only 2 or 3 of us will go.

Just wait for general sale, there will be plenty of tickets 

47 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Perfect day and perfect KO time. 

To suggest anything differently guarantees you had no interest in going anyway. 

Wouldn't miss it for anything but I detest lunchtime kick offs.

Shanks said no
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Will probably have to anyway as I am out of the country from Saturday, unsure what the internet coverage will be like where I am going. Going to the back of beyond.

Alternative is trusting my bleeding son to organise tickets for the first time in his life but he is 25 next week!

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct.

Lets the phm get the first dibs on the best seats too!!

The timing cannot come as a surprise to anyone

The pricing is fine so no real complaints on that score though under 18 would have been better for concessions

We are in a semi final , the type of occasion we all wanted to look forward to just a few short years ago

So lets get organised, get friends and family together and take a big support to Hampden

There is no real excuse not to go (subject to of course money for some) and I'd like us to try and achieve a positive build up to the day unlike the quarter final where there were too many moans and groans.

We should know by now days like this for us do not come around every year and winning will take us one more step towards another cup win

Edited by CJGJ

20 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Dont understand that.

There will be plenty tickets left in the public sale just buy them all together.

Shanks said no
Just now, luckydug said:

Dont understand that.

There will be plenty tickets left in the public sale just buy them all together.

I hadn't thought it through, you are correct. I'll just wait.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I hadn't thought it through, you are correct. I'll just wait.

Even if we do sell out the 25k we will get more anyway.

portobellojambo1
27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Pj you write some shite ie " a bit more careful".

Cheers

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It's £32 at tynecastle for category B games in the wheatfield and main stands! 

I know - I was responding to the poster who said tickets were £20

2 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Got to disagree season ticket holders and those with high loyalty points should get first dibs at the better seats if they want them even if it’s for a 48 hour period before putting them on general sale 

Spot on!7

Alex Kintner

Folk love a moan :facepalm:

Semi-finals 2017/18:

Sat 12.15pm Motherwell vs Aberdeen

Sun 2.30pm Rangers vs Celtic

Semi-finals 2016/17:

Sat 12.15pm Aberdeen vs Hibs

Sun 12.00pm Celtic vs Rangers

Semi-finals 2015/16:

Sat 12.15pm Hibs vs Dundee Utd

Sun 12.00pm Rangers vs Celtic

etc

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Why not wait till general sale and buy with your mates then? ??‍♂️

Cory McNamara
21 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Semi-finals 2017/18:

Semi-finals 2016/17:

Semi-finals 2015/16:

Third semi-final in a row for Aberdeen, they can't lose forever.

1 minute ago, ZanderMIM said:

Why are people unhappy with the early kick off.. Have I missed something?

They dont like them also its the needs of TV over riding the needs of the fans.

Some people find it difficult to get to Glasgow for an early kick off.

I would bet the attitude of most Hearts fans would change if the game was scheduled for a 12.15 kick off at Pittodrie.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I know - I was responding to the poster who said tickets were £20

Aye, that was me!! 

It's £30 for the best seats at hampden for a Scottish cup semi final. A once every 5/6 year occasion for us (if we're lucky)! It's £32 for the best seats at tynecastle for a run of the mill league game v Hamilton! 

For me, £30 isn't expensive in comparison for what you're getting.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its not his thankfully , he’s still in the bad books for missing one a few years back

when he was working.

I at least made the reception, it was the first game after we won the Championship after all ??‍♂️.

I have never understood why people book weddings and holidays during the season.

I missed my sister in laws wedding when we beat Gretna. 

As it should be ??‍♂️ 

Friday night hotel booked. Will probably book the train as well which will allow me to get bevvied on the Saturday morning rather than driving ?

11 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Aye, that was me!! 

It's £30 for the best seats at hampden for a Scottish cup semi final. A once every 5/6 year occasion for us (if we're lucky)! It's £32 for the best seats at tynecastle for a run of the mill league game v Hamilton! 

For me, £30 isn't expensive in comparison for what you're getting.

I didn’t say it was - just pointing out that all the tickets are not £20

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, sadj said:

As it should be ??‍♂️ 

I did give them the warning as soon as they told me the date months before, ET and penalties meant I got to the wedding in Dunfermline at 9:30pm ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cory McNamara said:

Third semi-final in a row for Aberdeen, they can't lose forever.

Some do it for around 114 years though ?

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Darren said:

It's a 20-minute walk for me... but I'll be in Spain.

That's some stride you have.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did give them the warning as soon as they told me the date months before, ET and penalties meant I got to the wedding in Dunfermline at 9:30pm ?

?

Dunfermline , Only times i’v been in Dunfermline is to play or to watch us. In , Eat End Park , out ??

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

I would bet the attitude of most Hearts fans would change if the game was scheduled for a 12.15 kick off at Pittodrie.

Difficult to get to Edinburgh from Glasgow by 12.15? ?

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Are hearts fans only based in Edinburgh? 

37 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not all Hearts fans come from Edinburgh.

I have to admit I hate lunch time kick offs as sometimes I just can't do them.

Everything else is cancelled for this though wouldn't miss it for anything.

Nobody will ever convince me it doesn't have a negative impact on attendances though ?

The Treasurer

We all want a 3pm Saturday KO, but this just doesn't happen anymore for these type of games

Given all the options this is probably the best KO time we could have got.

Add in that the pricing is reasonable, let's fill the place.

There should be no excuses for not selling our allocation.

38 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Are hearts fans only based in Edinburgh? 

Exactly. Doon in deepest darkest borders here. 

Just got to get oot the scratcher early is all .

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

Wouldn’t really change imo as people would just get up earlier the further away it was, it’s a cup semi so I’d imagine it wouldn’t faze many 

8 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Folk love a moan :facepalm:

Semi-finals 2017/18:

Semi-finals 2016/17:

Semi-finals 2015/16:

etc

Fully agree. 

I don’t care how Hearts fans get there and I have even less concern for Inverness supporters. 

:lol:

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't know if anything was actually released or not but somehow I had it in my mind that although the contestants weren't known in full at that stage both games would have KO times of 12:30 lunch time. I'm guessing that as there is one company broadcasting both games that they have had total say over when both games will actually kick off.

Extra time and penalties means 12.15 is the time to ensure it all finishes by the Saturday live cut off time? 

Edited by Mikey1874

It’s TV.....nothing else. The game will never go back to the way it was. Us oldies at least have the memories of semi-Final day being a big day out. It’s what it is now.

Used to love getting up early and meeting up in a club with the supporters bus and having a proper build u to the game.

Glencairn Club was Glasgow Hearts place of choice back in the day and other buses would be invited to attend to join in the festivities !

Great times talking to other buses and having a good old sing song over a few pints and heading up to Hampden.

TV has, largely, put pay to that apart from finals. Shame really but there it is. Drinking at nine in the morning is not really on for many and the whole social side of the occasion is taken away.

Not all to to with alcohol either. It’s the build up for everyone, drinking or not, that is affected by the curse of saturated TV.

Boooo !

?

15 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

That is an outrageous time for Inverness fans to get to Glasgow for a 12:15 kick off time. 

Yet again pandering to a TV schedule with no regard for football fans. 

We have had to get to Inverness for lunchtime live league games.

hmfc_liam06

Have to leave at around 8am but I couldn't care less. Folk moaning about tickets...ffs anyone who wants one, gets one.

Oh and one last thing, Scotrail announced a few months back that there were certain weekends where season ticket holders (Scotrail not Hearts) would get free travel on Scotrail services for themselves plus one. This game falls on one of those weekends.

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s TV.....nothing else. The game will never go back to the way it was. Us oldies at least have the memories of semi-Final day being a big day out. It’s what it is now.

Used to love getting up early and meeting up in a club with the supporters bus and having a proper build u to the game.

Glencairn Club was Glasgow Hearts place of choice back in the day and other buses would be invited to attend to join in the festivities !

Great times talking to other buses and having a good old sing song over a few pints and heading up to Hampden.

TV has, largely, put pay to that apart from finals. Shame really but there it is. Drinking at nine in the morning is not really on for many and the whole social side of the occasion is taken away.

Not all to to with alcohol either. It’s the build up for everyone, drinking or not, that is affected by the curse of saturated TV.

Boooo !

?

In general I don’t romanticise about the good old days as life moves on but on this occasion you are spot on.

Deans Jambo

Pretty obvious what the kick off times would be but.....

can anyone tell me do they ever play English FA cup semi finals with early lunchtime kick offs? 

Scottish football as usual having to fit into the BBC/tv's sh*te schedule. 

26 minutes ago, Boab said:

Boooo !

?

Great post, Boab. I can’t go as it’s my wife’s birthday (a biggy in number as well as occasion) and it’s a big family get together from about 3pm. She told me to go if I want this morning but I know better than that after 27 years together!!! 

Montgomery Brewster
45 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Have to leave at around 8am but I couldn't care less. Folk moaning about tickets...ffs anyone who wants one, gets one.

Oh and one last thing, Scotrail announced a few months back that there were certain weekends where season ticket holders (Scotrail not Hearts) would get free travel on Scotrail services for themselves plus one. This game falls on one of those weekends.

You have to have a season ticket for one of the affected lines to get the free travel. Otherwise full fare as usual .

45 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Pretty obvious what the kick off times would be but.....

can anyone tell me do they ever play English FA cup semi finals with early lunchtime kick offs? 

Scottish football as usual having to fit into the BBC/tv's sh*te schedule. 

To be fair, the FA Cup final has a 5.30 KO which has caused a few problems for teams in the north as their last trains are before final whistle especially if game goes to penalties. Unfortunately, football sold its soul to TV a long time ago

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

You have to have a season ticket for one of the affected lines to get the free travel. Otherwise full fare as usual .

(un)Fortunately for me I'm on the Fife Circle line which is one of those affected. £50 saved between the 2 of us going to the semi.

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The timing cannot come as a surprise to anyone

The pricing is fine so no real complaints on that score though under 18 would have been better for concessions

We are in a semi final , the type of occasion we all wanted to look forward to just a few short years ago

So lets get organised, get friends and family together and take a big support to Hampden

There is no real excuse not to go (subject to of course money for some) and I'd like us to try and achieve a positive build up to the day unlike the quarter final where there were too many moans and groans.

We should know by now days like this for us do not come around every year and winning will take us one more step towards another cup win

:spoton: