Scottish Cup Semi Final v Inverness - Sat 13th April 12:15pm kick off

kila

Captain Canada

I think we'll take around 15k but the attendance isn't worth fixating on. Even the performance on the day doesn't matter really, we need to just find a way to reach the final. I'm expecting a really difficult game. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I think we'll take around 15k but the attendance isn't worth fixating on. Even the performance on the day doesn't matter really, we need to just find a way to reach the final. I'm expecting a really difficult game. 

If we only take 15k and manage to get to the final and play sellick it wont be a 50/50 split. Itll be embarrassing if we dont take at least 20k to the semi 

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Been through plenty. 3 years of monotonous football and lack of progress are possibly wearing. 

Irony is I could handle a crisis better than this.

Rest assured my Foundation payment is for life

In a crisis Hearts fans have a fantastic record of getting behind the team and the Club.

We are certainly not in a crisis however sometimes I feel I’m dying by a thousands cuts having to watch Levein’s brand of mind numbing football.

Regardless I’ll be at Hampden.

Edited by Thomaso

3fingersreid

I know I should be excited at the prospect of going to  the semi final but I’m struggling to actually get enthused about it, which is a sad inditement about the way we’re playing at the minute . 

I think people will wait to make their decision about going until after the derby but I think I’ll be joined by around another 16,000 Hearts fans 

Brighton Jambo

I’ve booked to go away with the wife that day.  All prepaid and she’s is so excited.  Answers on a post card how I get out of it and stay married! 

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’ve booked to go away with the wife that day.  All prepaid and she’s is so excited.  Answers on a post card how I get out of it and stay married! 

The old double booked  routine . 

You phone and ask the hotel to change dates , they email you with the new dates and you show the Mrs the email blaming the hotel . 

Edited by ramrod

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Half of the 30k at Murrayfield 

Even if we were playing well we still wouldn’t get 30k at Hampden. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Offer it to her one of her friends and pass it off as girly day out for them

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If we only take 15k and manage to get to the final and play sellick it wont be a 50/50 split. Itll be embarrassing if we dont take at least 20k to the semi 

We'll still get a 50/50 split if we make the final. Our last three finals we've comfortably filled half of Hampden. Celtic in a few semi-finals recentky have failed to take much more than 20k.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Even if we were playing well we still wouldn’t get 30k at Hampden. 

Precisely. We took 10k for a semi-final at Easter Road against the same opponents. 

There is only so many times you can lift yourself off the bootstraps. 

The thing that has got me.

This team is capable of so much better but lacks desire and courage too often 

skinnybob72
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Post a pic of the missus - if she’s decent I’ll go away with her for the weekend and you can have my ticket for the game...?

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Hide your passport. In the past I’ve deliberately instigated an argument with the other half just to storm out.....then go to an away game 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Half of the 30k at Murrayfield 

Some folk get a wee bit too defensive.

Yes, it’s a semi at Hampden v a lower league team and you’d think plenty would want to be there given its the best opportunity from the draw.

But how we are playing always affects the gate. Even at a national semi.

Its also on the tele and there’s always a section of the support who’ll assume we’ll win and will stay at home to watch it. Past evidence shows we didn’t even fill our 3 stands at Fester v ICT in 2014 for the league cup semi.  

Would love to think we’ll take in excess of 15,000 through as many will see it as a big day out. It will also help the team lift their game(hopefully). If it doesn’t then they don’t deserve the backing. 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Some folk get a wee bit too defensive.

Aye oor Manager.....

All depends on the next 3 league game results. Could be 13,000 going through worst case or could be over 22,000.

imho of course. Hoping we beat the sheep and vermin , the usual pants down at Ibrox is a given though. But if we can win these 2 home games we will take through a decent  crowd. 

Wonder if we’ll be getting the ‘huns’ end. If they’d any thought of what’s best for the fan, they’d sell the north and south stands first. Then again, they’d demolish Hampden and rebuild a half decent ground! 

10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You deserve not to go for the stupidity of booking a weekend away on semi final weekend. A PHM would have had more faith.?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A good run over the next 3 games would make a huge difference. But who would bet on that?

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A good run over the next 3 games would make a huge difference. But who would bet on that?

I’m not overly interested in how many we take, we’ll still have three times the amount they’ll have at least. If you choose not to attend because of recent performances there your not a supporter it’s that simple for me. We’ve not been at Hampden since 2013 so to even think of not going is just stupid.

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m not overly interested in how many we take, we’ll still have three times the amount they’ll have at least. If you choose not to attend because of recent performances there your not a supporter it’s that simple for me. We’ve not been at Hampden since 2013 so to even think of not going is just stupid.

Well said

35 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Recent performances at Hampden or recent performances ?

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Fair enough.

I still would wouldn’t call people stupid mind !

?

As a Hearts supporter I’m sure we were all desperate to get back to Hampden, it’s been 6 years. To choose not to go because of recent performances is stupid.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

As a Hearts supporter I’m sure we were all desperate to get back to Hampden, it’s been 6 years. To choose not to go because of recent performances is stupid.

We could get 40K for this game if we wanted them. That’s a lot of stupid people !

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, TheStig said:

Offer it to her one of her friends and pass it off as girly day out for them

May cost you extra in spa...massage.....nails.....pampering etc

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Post a pic of the missus - if she’s decent I’ll go away with her for the weekend and you can have my ticket for the game...?

Your to skinny bob 

15 hours ago, Independence said:

We will sell 25,000.

In your dreams mate?

I'm normally a happy clapper but I believe the TOTAL attendance will struggle to top 20K. 

Might as well be realistic at the outset rather than having people posting after the event saying how rubbish the attendance was.

It's Inverness at 12.15 at a pit of a stadium at a period in time where Hearts would struggle no matter who we were playing.

One other thing early Kick offs for TV definitely affect the attendance imo as not all Hearts fans come from Edinburgh and not all fans have cars.

GorgieRules22
23 minutes ago, Boab said:

We could get 40K for this game if we wanted them. That’s a lot of stupid people !

That makes no sense. I’m talking about fans that chose not to go because of recent performances....fairly easy to understand eh.

18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

That makes no sense. I’m talking about fans that chose not to go because of recent performances....fairly easy to understand eh.

Oh, it makes sense all right. You have no idea how many people will choose to miss the Semi because we are gash at the minute. Either do I but it will be many, i’d wager. Problem is, it’s impossible to guess as there are factors which may influence their decision(s). 

Being shite right now, early KO and the game on council telly. I’m pretty sure there will be many who add all that up and say, **** it !

GorgieRules22
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh, it makes sense all right. You have no idea how many people will choose to miss the Semi because we are gash at the minute. Either do I but it will be many, i’d wager. Problem is, it’s impossible to guess as there are factors which may influence their decision(s). 

Being shite right now, early KO and the game on council telly. I’m pretty sure there will be many who add all that up and say, **** it !

Then there not really a supporter eh, I mean the don’t have the auld fire in the belly for Hearts to turn around and say “ah **** them”

13 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You can't.

You'll just have to accept it and let her go mate.

36 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Then there not really a supporter eh, I mean the don’t have the auld fire in the belly for Hearts to turn around and say “ah **** them”

You’re saying that, bud, not me !

For example, i’m pretty sure we’ll struggle to sell our Ibrox allocation. A game that should sell out, but won’t. Again, impossible to gauge how many “ **** it’s “ are in that mix !

To be ( a supporter ) or not to be ( a supporter ) , that is the question !

” And make us rather bear those ills we have. Than fly to others we know not of. “

:tlj:

26 minutes ago, maroon said:

Celtic and Aberdeen already selling tickets for their games

We should surely get an update today on when ours go on sale. 

8 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

We should surely get an update today on when ours go on sale. 

Details are are still getting passed sideways,once their passed back i'd expect them hoofed into public domain later.

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Details are are still getting passed sideways,once their passed back i'd expect them hoofed into public domain later.

:isee:

25 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Let's hope not too many of our fans kick it into touch.☺

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Hahahaha, all teams playing the same way from the youngsters up to the ticket office ?.

8 minutes ago, jb66 said:

Hope sense is seen and its played at ER

Nope my boy wants to go to his first semi final at Hampden so thats what i would prefer (although if it was just me i wouldnt give a toss)

And is it not already confirmed?

Edited by Jamboelite

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Nope my boy wants to go to his first semi final at Hampden so thats what i would prefer (although if it was just me i wouldnt give a toss)

And is it not already confirmed?

My weemans first Hampden semi as well,like you,considered having some dental work done without anaesthetic in preference to going but will be there.

Hope i don't have to deal with his tears as i did at Murrayfield semi.

C'mon Hearts,do it for the Wee Yins ??

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

My weemans first Hampden semi as well,like you,considered having some dental work done without anaesthetic in preference to going but will be there.

I can recommend a great dentist, no anaesthetic and, the additional use of a cold chisel with mallet.  That’s where I was last week instead of the match.

Portable Badger
17 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Tell her she can take her boyfriend !!!?

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

That’s it, there will be loads of kids at this game and hopefully there sent home with happy memories and the chance to go back a few weeks later.