Season 96/97

Skippy Doodle

Cruyff Turn

My favourite memories of 96/97 was going to Easter Road and watching us beat them 3-1. Folk doing the conga at halftime. 

Beating Celtic 1-0 in Extra time, Grant getting sent off, Marshall assaulting a ballboy, Andy Thorn being magnificent, wee Robbo scoring the winner. Scenes. 

Dundee at Easter Road in the semis when Stephane Paille scored a great goal then subsequently banned not long afterwards.

The final I can remember v Rangers at Parkhead, it was Baltic, snowing, great game. Gazza the difference. 

Best memory was beating Rangers 3-1 at the end of the season, Robbo breaking the record with a pen, skinning their defence for a 2nd and the pitch invasion afterwards where someone nicked the penalty spot. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

My favourite memories of 96/97 was going to Easter Road and watching us beat them 3-1. Folk doing the conga at halftime. 

Beating Celtic 1-0 in Extra time, Grant getting sent off, Marshall assaulting a ballboy, Andy Thorn being magnificent, wee Robbo scoring the winner. Scenes. 

Dundee at Easter Road in the semis when Stephane Paille scored a great goal then subsequently banned not long afterwards.

The final I can remember v Rangers at Parkhead, it was Baltic, snowing, great game. Gazza the difference. 

Best memory was beating Rangers 3-1 at the end of the season, Robbo breaking the record with a pen, skinning their defence for a 2nd and the pitch invasion afterwards where someone nicked the penalty spot. :rofl:

The two i was going to mention were Robbo's winner in extra time against Celtic with Thorn and i think Gary Naysmith made his debut or first start?

and last game of the season when Robbo beat Jimmy Wardhaughs goal record with the penalty then scored a maradona-esq solo effort straight after it. Forgot about the pitch invasion though ?

Skippy Doodle
21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cruyff Turn
28 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

The two i was going to mention were Robbo's winner in extra time against Celtic with Thorn and i think Gary Naysmith made his debut or first start?

and last game of the season when Robbo beat Jimmy Wardhaughs goal record with the penalty then scored a maradona-esq solo effort straight after it. Forgot about the pitch invasion though ?

I’m sure it was Gary’s debut. We had a threadbare side for the game.

I can remember gettintg beat by Red Star on away goals and did we play FC Porto in a friendly as well at the start of that season,  we got pumped but I’m sure that was Neil McCanns debut? 

12 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

:laugh: my memory’s not as bad as I thought! 

Neil McCann was some signing. I sat in front of him in hospitality a few weeks ago and was pure star struck. 

Was it the January window we got big Jim Hamilton anaw? 

That season you could see the signs that something special was brewing.

I remember being on a massive downer when we lost Magic on a Bosman.... can you imagine if we had kept him along with the rest of the players that JJ had brought in? 

queensferryjambo
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:42, Cruyff Turn said:

I am sure the penalty spot was dug up with a spade either later that night or the next day. Tynecastle was pretty easy to get into back then :)

1996-9718.jpg

29 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am sure the penalty spot was dug up with a spade either later that night or the next day. Tynecastle was pretty easy to get into back then :)

1996-9718.jpg

So where do you keep the penalty spot now mate? 

queensferryjambo
15 minutes ago, Zaba said:

So where do you keep the penalty spot now mate? 

I wish :)

Note: Half my back garden is Tynecastle turf taken from last season the day after we beat Hibs 2-1........ didn't nick it bought it........... honest.

:fth:

Салатные палочки
On 13/03/2019 at 17:17, Superunknown said:

Neil McCann was some signing. I sat in front of him in hospitality a few weeks ago and was pure star struck. 

I remember being on a massive downer when we lost Magic on a Bosman.... can you imagine if we had kept him along with the rest of the players that JJ had brought in? 

Was there a window at that time? I thought we signed him not long after we played Dundee in the League cup semi? He scored in the 4-0 pumping at ER on New Year's Day. 

Beating Hibs late in the season as well, McCann scoring the winner late on in the pissing rain. Can remember him leaving 3 or 4 defenders on their arses when he ghosted into the box. 

What a player he was. Loved big Hammy as well. 

Stephane Grappelli
On 13/03/2019 at 17:17, Superunknown said:

9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Was there a window at that time? I thought we signed him not long after we played Dundee in the League cup semi? He scored in the 4-0 pumping at ER on New Year's Day. 

Beating Hibs late in the season as well, McCann scoring the winner late on in the pissing rain. Can remember him leaving 3 or 4 defenders on their arses when he ghosted into the box. 

What a player he was. Loved big Hammy as well. 

Neil McCann signed in the Summer of 1996.

Jim Hamilton signed late December 1996.  Made his debut (and scored) against Motherwell then rattled in a brace on New Years Day 2007.