Djoum

Cynic

fabienleclerq

I don't get the Djoum at number 10 stuff, his shooting is the weakest part of his game and he isn't the most creative. I like him where he played last night, picking the ball up deep and starting play. He puts his foot in plenty aswell.

20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't get the Djoum at number 10 stuff, his shooting is the weakest part of his game and he isn't the most creative. I like him where he played last night, picking the ball up deep and starting play. He puts his foot in plenty aswell.

28 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Think he plays that role as an international.

Like Djoum a lot.

6 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

He sums us up, feels like we are playing with the handbrake on,  he must be told his role by the coaching staff, I'm sure he would be better if we were more positive in an attacking playing style 

Indeed. He is a very talented attacking player who seems to be constrained by our style of play.

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

Majority opinion seems to agree with my original post. If he goes he will be missed.

What do expect in a Djoum lovers thread?

Dr Ian Malcolm
9 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Have to wonder if Ali Crawford who we had on loan at the start of the season couldn't have done everything Djoum does and maybe more..

I feel we should have taken the chance on him and found a buyer for the likes of Djoum

Ali Crawford? Seriously? Ali Crawford couldn't lace Djoum's boots. There's a reason we passed and he went to Doncaster.

Djoum's been our best player consistently for the last five months. He'll be sorely missed when he's gone.

1 hour ago, H2 said:

What do expect in a Djoum lovers thread?

Here's me thinking it was open to anybody. What's your problem?

12 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Been going to tynecastle for 30 years and people rating djoum is up there with the some of the most bizarre fan views.

Slow, covers little ground, cant pass, weak/scared in tackle, doesn't create, doesn't score, games pass him by.

Just give up. :lol:

Djoum is a class act.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hope he wins the cup and leaves on a high. Good luck to him on his next move, highly doubt he will stay on at Hearts.

Hes been overall good for Hearts when he’s been fit and at his best. But now you sense we need some freshness in there and I think Djoum needs to try and go for it down south, heard Birmingham offered him a deal which I think at this stage in his career he’d be silly not to take a chance at that sort of level if he has offers 

Birmingham have no money and are likely to lose 12 points soon with a transfer embargo placed upon them for breaking the rules on how much losses you can make.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, naeclue said:

Think he plays that role as an international.

Like Djoum a lot.

Yeah he played there against Brazil a few months back, honestly didn’t look out of place at all. We will miss him.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Crazy talk.

Our best midfielder by a distance.

A distance better than haring or Clare - that's crazy talk

johnking123

He is going to be a hard player to replace. But it's so important that we do replace him. If we sell Souttar. A good chunk of cash of it would have to be used to replace Djoum.

sidjamesbottle
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Just give up. :lol:

Djoum is a class act.

He has been recently but he has had a lot of poor performances in a hearts top, he falls into the same category as Claire we don't seem to be sure where to play them to get the best out of them

He is professional footballer, who will be employed by who gives him the most money. Maybe us, maybe not, probably more honest, than fake badge kissers who "get" us

A_A wehatethehibs
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Birmingham have no money and are likely to lose 12 points soon with a transfer embargo placed upon them for breaking the rules on how much losses you can make.

But with them rumoured to be in, mid table championship side, you’d wager other sides at that level will be looking closely too, a free agent African cup winning international midfielder. Your Stokes and Blackburn’s will be having a look, plenty of managers out there will always be looking for a cheap hard working experienced midfielder. Not to mention Far East, Middle East or USA. I just find it very hard to see him staying at Hearts but maybe he has a fondness for the club, difficult to know as he is a quiet character despite being a fighter on the pitch. 

19 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Been going to tynecastle for 30 years and people rating djoum is up there with the some of the most bizarre fan views.

Slow, covers little ground, cant pass, weak/scared in tackle, doesn't create, doesn't score, games pass him by.

This

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But with them rumoured to be in, mid table championship side, you’d wager other sides at that level will be looking closely too, a free agent African cup winning international midfielder. Your Stokes and Blackburn’s will be having a look, plenty of managers out there will always be looking for a cheap hard working experienced midfielder. Not to mention Far East, Middle East or USA. I just find it very hard to see him staying at Hearts but maybe he has a fondness for the club, difficult to know as he is a quiet character despite being a fighter on the pitch. 

Yeah you’re right he will have plenty options, ones that will make him a lot more money than staying here especially if he knows how unappreciated he is.

On 13/03/2019 at 12:23, J80MBO said:

You know your stuff. 

15 hours ago, Cynic said:

Here's me thinking it was open to anybody. What's your problem?

What do you mean? What makes you think I have a problem?

Jamboscanbevicius

Would love to see Djoum being next to extend his contract. Both he and Naismith have to the priorities!

Baffles me how some folk will never give him his dues. He's having a really good season even when the rest of the team are poor

I feel like we've been linked with Ali Crawford since he was born. Anyhow, Djoum has been very consistent in recent games. Levcein is getting the best out of him since his early days under Neilson. Good footballer, hope he resigns.

Are folk forgetting how many times we have shifted him around  recently. He’s been playing consistently well, wherever he’s been asked to play. A good team player in my opinion. 

On 13/03/2019 at 13:23, J80MBO said:

Naismith is crap an' all.

I’ve got a real good feeling he’ll do something big in the semi final or final and leave with a winners medal. I love him.

rudi must stay
On 13/03/2019 at 17:39, Muirhead said:

People who are “not bothered” if our best midfielder leaves might revise that depending on who replaces him because on our budget he will be a huge loss

He's a loss but not as much as he would have been 2 years ago in my opinion. Hasn't fulfilled his potential for Hearts and isn't worth a bumper contract either. But yes I do agree we won't improve on him if he goes

rudi must stay

People who are “not bothered” if our best midfielder leaves might revise that depending on who replaces him because on our budget he will be a huge loss

Edited by rudi must stay
Posted same thing 3 times..

rudi must stay

Edited by rudi must stay

On 13/03/2019 at 18:02, fabienleclerq said:

His shooting has been pish in recent months. However, he’s one of the few players who can unlock a defence in and around the box. He played in the number 10 role during his initial season or so with us, and that was undoubtedly his best spell at Hearts. 

Very good in central midfield too, mind. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

His shooting has been pish in recent months. However, he’s one of the few players who can unlock a defence in and around the box. He played in the number 10 role during his initial season or so with us, and that was undoubtedly his best spell at Hearts. 

How many times this season has he unlocked a defence? 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

His shooting is so weak, he never wants to hit it and when he does is so soft. I think he is a bit unorthodox so other teams find him hard to read, he's not a number 10 for me but our best CM.

doctor jambo

Sean Clare has been getting better all the time and will fill his role quite happily.

Offered new contract, turned it down, goodbye.

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Sean Clare has been getting better all the time and will fill his role quite happily.

Clare has some way to go to emulate Djoum.

Inch Hearts

I feel Djoum could go to a higher level with better players around him and probably owes it to himself to go and test himself somewhere else.  I also think slightly disappointed with his overall contribution to the club over the last few years as I thought he would have performed a whole lot better over a consistent period of time. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Clare is improving. Nowhere near Djoum.

6 hours ago, H2 said:

How many times this season has he unlocked a defence? 

Not often, but then he has rarely been utilised in a role where he’s in the position to do so. 

OmiyaHearts
On 13/03/2019 at 12:23, J80MBO said:

This is mental. 

18/19 Involved in 6 of our 35 goals scored this season while predominantly playing out of position (3 goals, 3 assists. 18% of our goals). 

17/18 Got 3 assists in 16 games, plus he had a long term injury.

16/17 he was involved in 8 of our 55 goals scored (5 goals, 3 assists. 15% of our goals).

But he doesn't create or score? The guy is a fine player and we will do well to secure him for next season.

I think when he played in behind Bjorn Johnsen before he got his achilles injury he was playing his best football.

He needs to be played in the middle and in an attacking role and not out on the wing as CL seems to do especially on visits to away games at Ibrox, etc.

For me he is totally wasted when played there and I think he will be one of those sort of players that you don't realise how much he contributed until he is gone.

Of course assuming he does go a lot will depend on who his replacement is 

Kirky Jambo
On 14/03/2019 at 17:01, BigAlim said:

Baffles me how some folk will never give him his dues. He's having a really good season even when the rest of the team are poor

Totally agree. 

He may not be a world beater and we can probably replace him but imo it would be great to keep him if we can

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think when he played in behind Bjorn Johnsen before he got his achilles injury he was playing his best football.

He needs to be played in the middle and in an attacking role and not out on the wing as CL seems to do especially on visits to away games at Ibrox, etc.

For me he is totally wasted when played there and I think he will be one of those sort of players that you don't realise how much he contributed until he is gone.

Of course assuming he does go a lot will depend on who his replacement is 

He plays him there to defend, look at how little Tierney did in the 2nd half against us recently. Djoum helped protect Clare and showed Tierney inside every time, he didn’t want to go there. Considering how slow, covers little ground, scared to tackle etc he is it must’ve been someone else who won the penalty that night.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

He’s ok compared to what we’ve had in the squad over the last 5 years. 

He’s incredibly poor compared to what we had in the past, Hartley, Fulton, Cameron etc. 

He’s done ok in his time here but hasn’t on the whole lived up to his early promise. 

Totally agree ?