Djoum

Cynic

I really hope we can keep Djoum although I doubt we will. Never hides and can put the foot in too, sees things others don't and can pass short and long. Best position as a number 10 just behind the strikers but even when played deeper as last night against Partick put in a good shift.

Playing very well at the moment, needs to work on his shooting though and reluctance to do it from the edge of the box. 

Thought he was excellent last night.  His work rate has increased lately.  Hopefully he's not trying to put himself in the shop window at the end of the season.  A cup win might help influence him in staying.   

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, livi said:

Thought he was excellent last night.  His work rate has increased lately.  Hopefully he's not trying to put himself in the shop window at the end of the season.  A cup win might help influence him in staying.   

I do think he is one of our best players but I didn't think he had a very good game last night.

I was surprised to hear the announcement that he had won MotM, but it was voted for by JKB members and they are all arseholes  :D

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I do think he is one of our best players but I didn't think he had a very good game last night.

I was surprised to hear the announcement that he had won MotM, but it was voted for by JKB members and they are all arseholes  :D

I thought he played well second half and tried to make things happen. Was too deep first half and for me wasted as defensive midfielder

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I thought he played well second half and tried to make things happen. Was too deep first half and for me wasted as defensive midfielder

Definitely improved in the second half and you're right, he is wasted in any role other than a central attacking position

Howdy Doody Jambo

I honestly hardly noticed him apart from a drive forward second half, seems to sit too deep of the game, barely standard out.,he's more effective centre to front, I'm not fussed if he goes, consistantly average player, every player should give there all as standard, probably best midfield player we have just now 

Been going to tynecastle for 30 years and people rating djoum is up there with the some of the most bizarre fan views.

Slow, covers little ground, cant pass, weak/scared in tackle, doesn't create, doesn't score, games pass him by.

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Been going to tynecastle for 30 years and people rating djoum is up there with the some of the most bizarre fan views.

Slow, covers little ground, cant pass, weak/scared in tackle, doesn't create, doesn't score, games pass him by.

I like him but he's pretty limited in the final third.

I'd like to see what we could get for the same money myself.

A_A wehatethehibs

Hope he wins the cup and leaves on a high. Good luck to him on his next move, highly doubt he will stay on at Hearts.

Hes been overall good for Hearts when he’s been fit and at his best. But now you sense we need some freshness in there and I think Djoum needs to try and go for it down south, heard Birmingham offered him a deal which I think at this stage in his career he’d be silly not to take a chance at that sort of level if he has offers 

12 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Maybe after another 30 years you will be able to recognise a good player. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Edited by Cynic

Berra than you
14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Gotta be a troll surely?

Finlay James

He's been ok for us but he still not the driving force from midfield that we need.  I think we can do better.

Our midfield needs the balance refreshed, it will be interestingly to see how much impact Cochrane and McDonald have next season.

26 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Bang on

Tynecastle Valhalla

Maybe with all the cup money we can keep him 

would hope so if we finish top 3/4

He was clearly put in a deep defensive position last night with Clare given a role driving through the middle. 

Against Thistle, I think this was overkill and he should have had more freedom to push forward. This happened in second half and consequently, he looked better as commented on above. 

He clearly followed orders which can’t be held against him.  

Have to wonder if Ali Crawford who we had on loan at the start of the season couldn't have done everything Djoum does and maybe more..

I feel we should have taken the chance on him and found a buyer for the likes of Djoum

Captain Canada

I think he's been disappointing for a large period of time with us but he started very well and has been much better again of late. I still don't think he's ideally suited to the physicality and high tempo of the game here though. 

The central midfield needs another overhaul this summer if Djoum goes. I'd expect Edwards to go too and Lee will possibly be demoted to a squad player at best if we bring someone else in. There's no creative spark or pace in that part of the pitch at the moment and we badly need a quality signing to really drive the team forward and create chances for our striker(s). I like Bozanic but his job (like Haring's) isn't really to play defence-splitting passes or score from the edge of the box. 

If Edwards, Sammon, Hughes, Dikamona and Djoum all leave then we should have a bit of budget to make the kind of signing we really need in midfield.

I'd like to keep Dikamona but the fact he hasn't been offered a new contract yet makes me think he'll be away. 

Edited by Captain Canada

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

That can’t be right. We have about 14 trillion doom is shit threads. Or is that trumped by the 14trilliom and 1 Clare is shit threads so it defaulted to Djoum?

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Technically our best player. Offers something completely different to the other midfielders 

I really struggle to agree with this view...I just don't see it and never have with him.

Pants Shaton

Shame his name isn’t ‘Arnie Dree’ - then the fans could sing a song about a player who’s actually worth singing about.

He was good last night.

Imo, showed his higher class than our other midfielders against weaker opposition. 

Djoum at least knows how to get physical and anticipates tackles coming in by using his strength. 

Knew where to put the ball once he got it. I think others still take a touch too much or don’t have a vision of where it’s going once they’ve got the ball. 

We've lost better players. He seems to think he is good enough for a better league, I'd bet he'd end up in the reserves of most English championship teams. No bad money down there tho.

I think Djoum, Haring and Bozanic are the same type of players. Hopefully Djoum's wage allows us to bring in something different in Midfield.

I dont think Djoum is a bad player he is just not what we need so would not be looking to hold onto him.

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Crazy talk.

Our best midfielder by a distance.

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Mental how all of this is wrong. Djoum has been our most consistent player this season. He isn’t meant to score and assist every game. We’ll miss him massively next season when he leaves. Our season pretty much derailed when he got injured against county last season. 

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Crazy talk.

Our best midfielder by a distance.

8 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Mental how all of this is wrong. Djoum has been our most consistent player this season. He isn’t meant to score and assist every game. We’ll miss him massively next season when he leaves. Our season pretty much derailed when he got injured against county last season. 

??

Quite happy to have Djoum, Haring and Clare as a midfield trio, good mixture of physicality, passing range, link up play and goal threat. Clare is starting to improve at a pleasing rate, Djoum has been playing to a high standard for months and now we're just waiting for Haring to get back up to speed. Uche is doing all the dirty work up top and all we're missing is a bit of quality out wide and at fullback. Berra needs to sort out his form as well. It's all set up for a good finish to the season if Mulraney and Wighton can play like they did last night, need the final ball from them though but that will come 

Cruyff Turn

Player of the year for me. Yeah Naisy has scored goals but if we were to count up Djoums average rating at the end of the season, he would be head and shoulders above everyone as our best and most consistent player.

Its not only his ability on the ball that we’d miss, it’s his strength and ability to win headers and possession.

The guys absolute class and he’ll be very difficult to replace if we don’t get him signed up. I’m sure we will have offered him the best contract we can.

StevenNaismith

He will be away in the summer unfortunately with Sunderland his likely destination should they be promoted. He wants to play in the Championship or higher.

Howdy Doody Jambo

He sums us up, feels like we are playing with the handbrake on,  he must be told his role by the coaching staff, I'm sure he would be better if we were more positive in an attacking playing style 

Edited by Old Castle Rock

Central Belt 1874
19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Player of the year for me. Yeah Naisy has scored goals but if we were to count up Djoums average rating at the end of the season, he would be head and shoulders above everyone as our best and most consistent player.

Its not only his ability on the ball that we’d miss, it’s his strength and ability to win headers and possession.

The guys absolute class and he’ll be very difficult to replace if we don’t get him signed up. I’m sure we will have offered him the best contract we can.

Got to laugh at this post, are you really serious? (I normally agree with your posts btw) Theres no doubt that when he tries he's a good player, but for me, he should be doing significantly more throughout matches than he does. Last night for example, there were times he just walked about in the middle of the pitch when we were attacking, no urgency, no forward runs, not contributing to the team effort. And that's part of the reason we are mid table and struggling against the likes of Partick Thistle in cup replays.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Got to laugh at this post, are you really serious? (I normally agree with your posts btw) Theres no doubt that when he tries he's a good player, but for me, he should be doing significantly more throughout matches than he does. Last night for example, there were times he just walked about in the middle of the pitch when we were attacking, no urgency, no forward runs, not contributing to the team effort. And that's part of the reason we are mid table and struggling against the likes of Partick Thistle in cup replays.

Ever think that he's been deployed in a holding midfield role and has been told to stay in position instead roaming freely up the park and leaving us exposed on the break?

Central Belt 1874
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Ever think that he's been deployed in a holding midfield role and has been told to stay in position instead roaming freely up the park and leaving us exposed on the break?

Of course. 

15 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Of course. 

But you're going to criticise him for it regardless. Sound.

Cruyff Turn
51 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I’m probably off the same opinion as yourself that Djoum should be given a more attacking role because he excels in that position. He’s clearly being asked to sit deep and be disciplined. It has to be tactical as his natural instinct is generally to get in the box or hover about the edge of the box for a shot.

Governor Tarkin

We'll miss him when he's gone.

Cracking player who would flourish in a better team.

tartofmidlothian

He's a quality player and he was very good last night, but I'd find it hard to grudge him two or three years in the Championship making as much money as he would in a decade at Hearts. He'll go down in our history like Black and Barr did, someone we saw the best of just before he left.

If he wins a cup like they did, that is.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He's a quality player and he was very good last night, but I'd find it hard to grudge him two or three years in the Championship making as much money as he would in a decade at Hearts. He'll go down in our history like Black and Barr did, someone we saw the best of just before he left.

If he wins a cup like they did, that is.

Harsh on Kenny Black. 

amazing how a player can polarise opinions so much. 

I would say along with Naismith and Michael Smith he has been up there for our most consistent performer of the season. I also genuinely don't know where the chat about him sh!ting tackles comes from? He rarely, if ever, loses a tackle and if everyone put in the same effort as he has this season we would be higher up the league.  
He will be a huge miss when he leaves, just as he was last season when he was out.

Captain America

I rate Djoum, think he has been great signing for us. 

If Robbie hadn't left I would have been intrigued to see Djoum's partnership with Johnsen as hey seemed to really click in Robbie's last few games. 

He's not had great luck with injuries during his time with us but for me he is one of our most important players. 

10 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

amazing how a player can polarise opinions so much. 

I would say along with Naismith and Michael Smith he has been up there for our most consistent performer of the season. I also genuinely don't know where the chat about him sh!ting tackles comes from? He rarely, if ever, loses a tackle and if everyone put in the same effort as he has this season we would be higher up the league.  
He will be a huge miss when he leaves, just as he was last season when he was out.

It seems to stem back to the Cathro era when he was not long back from an injury, he was down for treatment after a bruising tackle, and a few minutes later, he failed to fly in to a 50:50 challenge to a chorus of boos. Ever since he seems to have a reputation for being "chicken hearted" despite that being a pretty isolated incident.

Edited by Ray Gin

People who are “not bothered” if our best midfielder leaves might revise that depending on who replaces him because on our budget he will be a huge loss

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It seems to stem back to the Cathro era when he was not long back from an injury, he was down for treatment after a bruising tackle, and a few minutes later, he failed to fly in to a 50:50 challenge to a chorus of boos. Ever since he seems to have a reputation for being "chicken hearted" despite that being a pretty isolated incident.

Majority opinion seems to agree with my original post. If he goes he will be missed.

Edited by Cynic