Craig Halkett signs 3yr Pre-contract Deal

Romulus

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, salvo69 said:

Completely off topic but looked up Leon De Koegel and he had to retire from football after a car crash 

He'll be good cover for Aidy White then.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/03/2019 at 12:30, jockmac said:

Definitely, Pittman is a goalscoring midefielder, with a great knack of timing his runs in to the box.

It’s exactly what we need in our team.

On 13/03/2019 at 17:26, Uncle Buck said:

Fantastic signing.

Hopefully Pittman joins him.

Pittman has signed contract extension to 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47675311

Bridge of Djoum
On 19/03/2019 at 17:27, Gibson_HMFC said:

We need to win the cup to get into Europe 

We need to win the cup to get into Europe now, am i right?

What is the chances of that on a big pitch against Celtic?

Even if we did get to europe, we would get pumped out easily by some we diddy team from finland. Have you watched us lately?

We could sign a young ronaldinho and we would stick him upfront and ask him to hold the ball up for who?

We are shite. It might take you another year of this for you to realise this but i won't hold it against you. Infact, no, i will. 

Image result for clown juggling silly gif

Pasquale for King
On 21/03/2019 at 11:27, salvo69 said:

Completely off topic but looked up Leon De Koegel and he had to retire from football after a car crash 

Scary stuff. Still fighting for compensation, his club just ditched him and the FAs had to step in.I can’t remember why we didn’t sign him, was it financial? 

siegementality
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scary stuff. Still fighting for compensation, his club just ditched him and the FAs had to step in.I can’t remember why we didn’t sign him, was it financial? 

Probably because he was half decent.

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m hearing this has fallen through. Anyone else heard anything? 

Don't think it was ever on tbh . 

Weve made him an offer and he's going to sit tight and see if it's bettered . 

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn’t be a surprise...as soon as English clubs become interested, we’re blown out of the water financially.

I hope not...but fear the worst.

If he was signing a pre-contract, I can’t help but think it would’ve been done by now. Agent will most likely be telling him to wait ...can’t blame him really. Look at Louis Moult when he left Motherwell...10k a week or thereabouts at Preston. Halkett will command something similar if his form continues.

Edited by cb1874

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn't surprise me 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Heard last Thursday it was a done deal

Edited by To Be Frank

Jambof3tornado

If it was a done deal there's little point in us sitting on it quietly when we have season tickets on sale.

For that reason I think he has signed elsewhere.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

If it was a done deal there's little point in us sitting on it quietly when we have season tickets on sale.

Just generally the done thing not to announce pre contracts when the losing club still has something to play for. 

When Livingston are confirmed bottom 6 might be announced. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just generally the done thing not to announce pre contracts when the losing club still has something to play for. 

When Livingston are confirmed bottom 6 might be announced. 

Didnt think of that I suppose.

Oh well fingers crossed.

StevenNaismith

He was ready to sign but his agent has told him to bide his time. I now don’t think it’ll happen to be honest, if you’d asked me a few weeks ago I’d have said 88% a done deal....

Edited by StevenNaismith
Autocorrect is a ****

On 23/03/2019 at 10:35, Mikey1874 said:

Pittman has signed contract extension to 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47675311

I know his dad, Livi under 20’s coach really well and he’s signed an extension so Livi get a bigger fee when he goes. His agent is touting him around a few clubs in the MLS just now. Also talk of him being given a call up to the USA squad as he was born over there.  Would be an upgrade on our current midfield and I’m surprised clubs are just sniffing around him now. Would like him here but can’t see it from our scouting/management department. I’ll be even more surprised if we get Halkett tbh. Davy Martindale running the show and won’t let his players leave cheaply. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I know his dad, Livi under 20’s coach really well and he’s signed an extension so Livi get a bigger fee when he goes. His agent is touting him around a few clubs in the MLS just now. Also talk of him being given a call up to the USA squad as he was born over there.  Would be an upgrade on our current midfield and I’m surprised clubs are just sniffing around him now. Would like him here but can’t see it from our scouting/management department. I’ll be even more surprised if we get Halkett tbh. Davy Martindale running the show and won’t let his players leave cheaply. 

Halkett will be 24 at the end of May when his contract ends. Martindale has zero say in the matter, they're losing him for nothing if he doesn't sign an extension. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Halkett will be 24 at the end of May when his contract ends. Martindale has zero say in the matter, they're losing him for nothing if he doesn't sign an extension. 

I should’ve stated my post was about Pittman not leaving cheaply. Halkett won’t sign a new deal and is off. Pittmans Extension is insurance for Livi. Martindale may have no say in Halkett but wont be caught out with his other ‘star players’. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I should’ve stated my post was about Pittman not leaving cheaply. Halkett won’t sign a new deal and is off. Pittmans Extension is insurance for Livi. Martindale may have no say in Halkett but wont be caught out with his other ‘star players’. 

I'm with you. Martindale's the guy that did time for smuggling and dealing coke isn't he?

edit Yeah it's him

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/scottish-news/livingston-fc-under-fire-for-giving-coaching-role-to-drugs-crook/

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm with you. Martindale's the guy that did time for smuggling and dealing coke isn't he?

So the SFA  will have done their usual checks to ensure he is a fit and proper person to own/run a Scottish Football Club.? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I also know DM and it’s been well chronicled and documented as to what his past indiscretions are.  He’s turned over a new leaf and reinvented himself as the real football manager of Livingston fc. GH is just his puppet. And to think he was Stevie Pittmans assistant at Broxburn juniors not all that long ago. Who’d have thunk it eh? The boy now done good! ?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

So the SFA  will have done their usual checks to ensure he is a fit and proper person to own/run a Scottish Football Club.? :lol:

I think he's assistant manager rather than owner, but he's outlasted the last two head coaches which is pretty unusual, so I'm not sure what's going on. It may be that his conviction prevents him from taking the top job officially but he has more power at his elbow than a normal assistant.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I also know DM and it’s been well chronicled and documented as to what his past indiscretions are.  He’s turned over a new leaf and reinvented himself as the real football manager of Livingston fc. GH is just his puppet. And to think he was Stevie Pittmans assistant at Broxburn juniors not all that long ago. Who’d have thunk it eh? The boy now done good! ?

Good for him, people make mistakes in life, it is what it is. It doesn't mean you can never contribute anything ever again. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I think he's assistant manager rather than owner, but he's outlasted the last two head coaches which is pretty unusual, so I'm not sure what's going on. It may be that his conviction prevents him from taking the top job officially but he has more power at his elbow than a normal assistant.

Believe me when I tel you that DM ‘IS’ the power at Livi FC and everyone at Livi know this 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Heard last Thursday it was a done deal

Heard last month he (Halkett) will be playing for HMFC next season.

Just now, Smithee said:

Good for him, people make mistakes in life, it is what it is. It doesn't mean you can never contribute anything ever again. 

Exactly. A lot of cons and ex cons have turned their lives around. Some have made it in acting and sport etc. It’s not as if he’s Dirty Den who robbed a taxi driver then shot him dead. He’s got a second chance and doing well by all accounts. 

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Believe me when I tel you that DM ‘IS’ the power at Livi FC and everyone at Livi know this 

Going by how well you know DM, shouldn't your name be Saughton Jailbo :whistling:

Hadn't realised Studs had left Broxburn. I'm way out of touch.

24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Going by how well you know DM, shouldn't your name be Saughton Jailbo :whistling:

Hadn't realised Studs had left Broxburn. I'm way out of touch.

Could always change it I suppose by using JKB Deed poll ?. Studs left Broxburn to take up the assistant managers job at Boness. Then left that when offered the under 20’s job at Livi. You’re well out of touch it seems TB 

Tommy Brown
9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Could always change it I suppose by using JKB Deed poll ?. Studs left Broxburn to take up the assistant managers job at Boness. Then left that when offered the under 20’s job at Livi. You’re well out of touch it seems TB 

I googled before you posted, i had it my head he had taken over Linlithgow.

I found the link below and didn't reade the date.

Left Broxburn Sunday 12 April 2015  :facepalm:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/pittman-quits-broxburn-to-watch-son-star-for-livi-1-3744402

22 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I googled before you posted, i had it my head he had taken over Linlithgow.

I found the link below and didn't reade the date.

Left Broxburn Sunday 12 April 2015  :facepalm:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/pittman-quits-broxburn-to-watch-son-star-for-livi-1-3744402

He had the assistant managers job with a view to being manager in a few years at Boness lined up but gave the excuse he was packing in Broxburn to watch his son play. Started the following season at Boness and when it became clear he wouldn’t get the managers job then left that and became Livi under 20’s boss with close pal and former Partick thistle colleague Derek McWilliams. Studs is a good pal of mine and I hope his son gets a decent gig elsewhere. 

Knew Studs many years ago.Hard work got him where he went because he was limited but effective,Looks like his boy has the same attitude, though he is a better footballer.Is he good enough for us to pursue? i really don't know for sure.One thing is is he is a late developer and seems to keep improving.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nah, not when in the same league. 

Could be announced after the split... If we are in different sections. 

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, not when in the same league. 

Could be announced after the split... If we are in different sections. 

Livingston need to beat Hibs on Friday.

Otherwise bottom 6 is confirmed. 

Hearts could confirm top 6 on Saturday. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Livingston need to beat Hibs on Friday.

Otherwise bottom 6 is confirmed. 

Hearts could confirm top 6 on Saturday. 

Might be confirmed then, but as a player I'd want to wait until the seasons end. 

Don't think it not being announced indicates the deal is off tho. Very few pre contracts are confirmed during the season. 

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Might be confirmed then, but as a player I'd want to wait until the seasons end. 

Don't think it not being announced indicates the deal is off tho. Very few pre contracts are confirmed during the season. 

Good point.

Player's wishes would be important. I don't see the point and it's fairer to Livingston fans to wait. 

Fans are impatient. Just the clubs who want to show they are doing something announce them. 

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:52, Smithee said:

It may be that his conviction prevents him from taking the top job officially but he has more power at his elbow than a normal assistant.

I am acquainted with another coach who spent jail time for drug dealing.  He can coach seniors but not youth below U19s due to requiring to provide a 'clean' police disclosure for working with children.   However, such criminal record can be rescinded on appeal due to special circumstances, like being an exceptional coach who has shown to have turn his life around.   

On 25/03/2019 at 22:55, Saughton Jambo said:

Pretty sure he invested a fair amount of money in Livingston which has given him the power.

Who are these credible people that are saying he has signed Mikey? Can you not revert to norm and produce a newspaper or web article we can all get excited over.?

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Text today said it's done. Not my usual source but also has inside friends.

It’s done ??

16 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Text today said it's done. Not my usual source but also has inside friends.

Anything on Bryson?

Walter Bishop
On 25/03/2019 at 22:55, Saughton Jambo said:

Yeah i can confirm this. Know quite a bit about the goings on at Livi. Club going in right direction after the whole youth set up collapse last year. Alot of good guys involved.