Craig Halkett signs 3yr Pre-contract Deal

Romulus

132goals1958
3 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Tbh i'm the same. Aren't they about 9th in the league? A bit meh tbh but might be decent cover.

They have the same goal difference as us but conceded 4 fewer which suggests their defence is the strongest part of the team.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be a really decent signing, certainly been strong at the back this season, they are very hard to score against 

19 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

They have the same goal difference as us but conceded 4 fewer which suggests their defence is the strongest part of the team.

Fair enough. As i said will be decent cover at worst, might end up being a future Hearts captain at best. People with greater football knowledge than I, have decided he is fit for Hearts so i'm happy with that. 

12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Terrific signing. A ball playing centre half. Long term replacement for Berra.

Chris Cadden next please 

Sorry to say I think he’ll be the replacement for Souttar. But if we get him in on a free and sell Souttar for good money then it’ll be a good bit of business.

1 hour ago, DalryJambo said:

Sorry to say I think he’ll be the replacement for Souttar. But if we get him in on a free and sell Souttar for good money then it’ll be a good bit of business.

Perhaps but we may get another season out of Souttar . Extended contract means we can , hopefully , wait for the right price .

Think we would be looking/signing Halkett with or without Souttar

15 hours ago, fila said:

Might be a really decent signing, certainly been strong at the back this season, they are very hard to score against 

He gets in amongst the goals as well. I think this is a very positive move by Hearts. 

56 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He gets in amongst the goals as well. I think this is a very positive move by Hearts. 

Sure I saw on another thread that he started out as a center forward? Attacking from the back - good thinking boss ?

Dr Ian Malcolm

We're not going to replace Souttar with Halkett. Totally different types of defender.

Levein has repeatedly said Souttar is vital as he starts a lot of our attacks. Halkett has an entirely different skill set.

We also have three CBs signed up for next season. Simple maths means one in doesn't mean someone is on the way out.

If someone offers daft money for Souttar then aye, but this isn't succession planning for when he leaves. He'll be here for a bit yet. 

We have 5 CH’s at the moment.....Hughes and Shaugnessy will leave and, assuming Halkett signs, that takes us up to 4 CH’s which sounds about right to me.

Noticed a few people of a Rangers persuasion suggesting they come in an "hijack the deal". I honestly think they are rivalling Hibs as the biggest comedy club in the SPL. Gerrard, in terms of investment has taken them backwards from Warburton. They have overspent and underachieved. 

Mr Elwood P
51 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

We're not going to replace Souttar with Halkett. Totally different types of defender.

Levein has repeatedly said Souttar is vital as he starts a lot of our attacks. Halkett has an entirely different skill set.

We also have three CBs signed up for next season. Simple maths means one in doesn't mean someone is on the way out.

If someone offers daft money for Souttar then aye, but this isn't succession planning for when he leaves. He'll be here for a bit yet. 

What are the main differences in attributes between the two? I’m not that familiar with Halkett.

13 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Noticed a few people of a Rangers persuasion suggesting they come in an "hijack the deal". I honestly think they are rivalling Hibs as the biggest comedy club in the SPL. Gerrard, in terms of investment has taken them backwards from Warburton. They have overspent and underachieved. 

How times have changed if Rangers are focused on "hijacking" deals for Livingston players. 

Remember when Rangers were going to sign Ronaldo... ?

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Rangers want him.  It’s about to be reported and he’s a hun.  Let’s hope this gets done ASAP. 

Really. Haha. In the old days they'd be after Souttar or Berra not our back-up for them.

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Rangers want him.  It’s about to be reported and he’s a hun.  Let’s hope this gets done ASAP. 

If there is any truth in that then that's it as far as we are concerned. 

It dies look like his agent is sniffing about for a better deal . 

Simply put if Rangers are in for him he'll be going there , unfortunately 

24 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not if he’s already committed to us.

You can walk away from a pre contract. It’s not binding.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Very rarely hear of it though 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Not always.  It's can be a legally enforceable document.  However, the chances are you would let the player go (Remember Richard Brittain shafting Ross County).  No use having an unhappy player at pre-season.

Blackshades
21 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not always.  It's can be a legally enforceable document.  However, the chances are you would let the player go (Remember Richard Brittain shafting Ross County).  No use having an unhappy player at pre-season.

He signed for st Johnstone then changed his mind and went back to county

Edited by Blackshades

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

How times have changed if Rangers are focused on "hijacking" deals for Livingston players. 

Remember when Rangers were going to sign Ronaldo... ?

56 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not if he’s already committed to us.

31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Alan McGregor had agreed a contract to sign with us last pre season, however when Rangers came calling at the 11th hour he was only going to one club

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Alan McGregor had agreed a contract to sign with us last pre season, however when Rangers came calling at the 11th hour he was only going to one club

Did he sign or verbally agree to sign.  There's the difference.

39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Verbal agreement 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Pretty sure it was all just rumours if I remember correctly.

dont ever remember hearts or McGregor coming out and saying he’d agreed to join us.

Craig now saying if he gets the players he wants on longer deals then he only needs to add 2-3 creative players a think it’s  important to understand  That our manager knows we need players that will change games in our favour/ capitalise when we are on top I personally Feel that wee have a man In charge that will  ultimately get it right 

8 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Pretty sure it was all just rumours if I remember correctly.

dont ever remember hearts or McGregor coming out and saying he’d agreed to join us.

No, we had spoken and he had agreed to join, heard this first hand from an excellent source

Dr Ian Malcolm
13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What are the main differences in attributes between the two? I’m not that familiar with Halkett.

Basically Souttar has far more football in him. Not to say Halkett's a donkey - Souttar is a better footballer than most centre backs at this level.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Basically Souttar has far more football in him. Not to say Halkett's a donkey - Souttar is a better footballer than most centre backs at this level.

He is now. Thanks to the development he received at Hearts. Halkett could be in the same category and he’s got loads of 1st team experience and is captain of his club. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

The Evening News seem to think he's a lot more of a Souttar ball playing centre back than a Berra type? I would concede that the Evening News are regularly ridiculed for printing nonsense so could be wrong again.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/what-hearts-are-getting-in-prospective-signing-craig-halkett-1-4888773

Kirky Jambo

I think that’s right, admittedly based solely on two bits of play i recall against us in the recent 0-0:

- his drilled shot from miles out

- his run down the wing and cross for Hardie that drew a save from Zlamal

neither of which Berra would be capable of.

Also won the header that got them the pen  he scored in the 5-0 so maybe better in the air than Soutter.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Evening News seem to think he's a lot more of a Souttar ball playing centre back than a Berra type? I would concede that the Evening News are regularly ridiculed for printing nonsense so could be wrong again.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/what-hearts-are-getting-in-prospective-signing-craig-halkett-1-4888773

He used to be a striker so quite possible he's more of a footballer than a hoofer. 

Hard to tell at Livingston tho, as their  direct a team as they come. 

Great capture if true. Can tackle, pass and score on occasion. Berra's form recently makes it an even better deal.

Pre contract meltdown on vermin.net where they are soiling their cages about Scott Allan possibly cancelling his with them now that popcorn teeth is there and obviously rates him.

if Lennon gets the gig then it’ll be interesting to say the least.

re’ Halkett, I’d be surprised if sevco are in for him as the orcs will be wanting big names after their fek up campaign this season. 

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Pre contract meltdown on vermin.net where they are soiling their cages about Scott Allan possibly cancelling his with them now that popcorn teeth is there and obviously rates him.

if Lennon gets the gig then it’ll be interesting to say the least.

re’ Halkett, I’d be surprised if sevco are in for him as the orcs will be wanting big names after their fek up campaign this season. 

Oh this would please me very much can you imagine the seethe if Allan changed his mind and told Hibs to bolt 

The Internet

Folk on here linking him with rangers before he's even signed for us now. Usually they at least play for hearts before that happens. 

Interesting to see that Halkett made Rob McLean's team of the week on the BBC website. If the last sentence is to be taken seriously in McLean's article then I wouldn't be too sure that Halkett will end up with us. The ITK-ers seem to think it's a done deal though?

I picked Livingston skipper Craig Halkett in last weekend's selection and he keeps his place If the last sentenceafter playing a key role in the 1-1 weekend draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie. The queue of clubs wanting to sign the centre-half at the end of the season continues to grow"

sandylejambo

lets hope for a season of no injuries if we only sign two players, we are shit with the players we have, never mind another season with our flare player being injured or off form, the mans just not thinking right, he has to step down.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fired a good ball cross the goal for the leveller. I think he enhances our team, not a bit part at all.

Looks like the lad is holding out for better offers with us as his nailed  on back up. 

Can't fault the lad, hopefully we are looking at another option . 

Could have been an excellent career move for him under a Levein but the fact he's stalling says money is talking . Onwards and upwards to another hungrier target .

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Looks like the lad is holding out for better offers with us as his nailed  on back up. 

Can't fault the lad, hopefully we are looking at another option . 

Could have been an excellent career move for him under a Levein but the fact he's stalling says money is talking . Onwards and upwards to another hungrier target .

Plenty more fish. Make him an offer and tell him he's got 24 hrs to sign or we withdraw the offer.

Hardball.

Fort Vallance
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Plenty more fish. Make him an offer and tell him he's got 24 hrs to sign or we withdraw the offer.

Hardball.

To be fair he always said he would leave it up to his agent to sort out the options and decide at the end of the season.