Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's the first name that came to mind with me. 

He is another good player.

Definitely, Pittman is a goalscoring midefielder, with a great knack of timing his runs in to the box.

It’s exactly what we need in our team.

skinnybob72

Good signing if it happens, knows the league, has a decent record of actually playing games and of an age where he should be able to improve. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Sent someone on here a PM in Jan with this - also looking at another Livi player 

If it's an out of contract, we won't be going for Robinson, Miller, Gallagher or Jacobs - the only possibility there is Lawless, if Levein thinks he's better on the wing than what we've got.

If it's none of them, it's a player with a fee.

The Apprentice
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If it's an out of contract, we won't be going for Robinson, Miller, Gallagher or Jacobs - the only possibility there is Lawless, if Levein thinks he's better on the wing than what we've got.

If it's none of them, it's a player with a fee.

Apparently it's the lad Byrne as mentioned above. Reports a few months ago Hibs were also after him.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Really good signing. With Berra showing his age and injury I'd quite like us to keep Clevid as well 

Smith, Souttar, Berra, Dikamona, Halkett as C/B options makes good reading.

Think we are also looking at Pittman. He’s still got year left on contract so would command a fee of sorts.

Hes a proper local lad (West Lothian,also not long got engaged and has little one now so wants local team) and previously rejected moves down south but we fit the mould for him being local club. 

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Terrific signing. A ball playing centre half. Long term replacement for Berra.

Chris Cadden next please 

Cadden you say ?

Potentially a very good signing.

Training and playing alongside Berra and Souttar will improve him!

30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

heard something???

No , no not on this one. I just think that would be a very good bit of business. Probably not my best wording , He’d be a great upgrade on Morrison , imagine him either RM or RW in front of Smith ????

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

No , no not on this one. I just think that would be a very good bit of business. Probably not my best wording , He’d be a great upgrade on Morrison , imagine him either RM or RW in front of Smith ????

completely agree

That's why I jumped at it!

He'd be a great signing, Morrison as back up

GenovaHearts

I concur with those who have said this would be a good signing. I am concerned however that he may be seen as a replacement for Souttar and we cash in on one of the best prospects at our club. I would add that I think we have moved on from the dark days when we would put our best players up for sale but never say never.

I would be really pleased with this signing. He has looked excellent any time I have seen him this season and appears to be a leader. 

If we are looking at another Livi player I wouldn't be disappointed with us going for Pittman. Again has been impressive in the premier league and has a real eye for goal. I used to watch him when he played with Bo'ness United a few years back and he was an absolute stand out but I would never have expected him to make the step up the way he has.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, GenovaHearts said:

I concur with those who have said this would be a good signing. I am concerned however that he may be seen as a replacement for Souttar and we cash in on one of the best prospects at our club. I would add that I think we have moved on from the dark days when we would put our best players up for sale but never say never.

The days have gone when we had to sell, but we won't stop a player bettering himself, the difference is we'll get top dollar. 

Every club bar maybe one or two in the world will always sell. 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Cadden you say ?

As Churchill the dug would say, “oh yes” ?

21 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

As Churchill the dug would say, “oh yes” ?

You nawty little minx ?

55 minutes ago, GenovaHearts said:

Agreed

But I think if Soutar keeps progressing it is almost inevitable that he goes at some point.

Having a replacement already in place means we can push for top dollar  and not be scratching about in the bargain basement looking for scraps, to replace him.

Sensible bit of business IMO., reasonably young, proven SPFL player, possible sell on potential if he makes the step up.

OmiyaHearts
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sounds like really good news.  Cant help wishing he was a 20 goal a season man though.

He’s a 7 or 8 goals a season man. Not bad for a CB!

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He’s a 7 or 8 goals a season man. Not bad for a CB!

I didn't know that although I did notice that he scored recently.  Thanks for posting.  Set me up for the day that has.

7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

Tbh i'm the same. Aren't they about 9th in the league? A bit meh tbh but might be decent cover.

King Joffrey

Not sure all fans appreciate what a coup this is for us. Amazing news and credit where it's due to the club in attracting Halkett.

If you're a bore like me and look at stats like successful headers won, tackles made, interceptions....he's one of the top 3 CHs in our league. And has deceptive pace and passing.

Was he going to sign for Chelsea? No. But he easily could have found an English Championship side to pay him £8k a week.

Great news if / when it's done coupled with Souttar long term. If only could get Dunne back, and what a 3 that'd be. Fear if Berra has lost his pace he'll not start but might be a squad captain over next 1-2 seasons.

Shame for Livi, losing a prize asset for **** all to a rival is a feeling we've experienced all too often and is demoralising as ****. They're an awkwardly annoying team to play against (to their credit).

The folk managing to find a way of being negative about this signing are the same sort that would be claiming 'hes past it' if we signed Sergio Ramos! :D Halkett is exactly the sort of signing we should be making. Hopefully we'll get him tied down here for at least 3 years, hopefully more. 

8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

:facepalm:

He will be an excellent signing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Particularly pleased. Aberdeen were confident they had him.

Lawson looks like a decent player for Livingston. 

Good type of player for us. Well done Craig 

GenovaHearts
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The days have gone when we had to sell, but we won't stop a player bettering himself, the difference is we'll get top dollar. 

Every club bar maybe one or two in the world will always sell. 

I certainly don’t disagree with you but all too often we get a drastically reduced price for what we consider to be a prize asset. We will enjoy the fact that Souttar is learning from Berra and Levein and possibly Hughes which has to be in the lads and dare I say it the clubs best interests.

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Darren McGregor is a decent centre half who would have been a good signing for us .

I think Halkett is a better player .

I see someone writing him off , before he has actually signed ! Is this a first ?

Nope, I heard he was shite before he started the high school.

johnking123

Would be a good signing. What we need is a good solid midfielder with passing ability to help Haring and Clare in midfield. Supply is what we are going to have to find for next season.

The Establishment

Looks like a good signing.

Really sad to see but Berra's play has still not recovered fully from the injury so to have another young asset there is ideal. Hope it doesn't mean a Souttar sale.

The type of defender signing we've had a lot of success with in the past. I'll go with the new Davie Weir. Like Halkett he was a converted striker and was probably the last CB we had who was good for 5 or so goals from open play.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes , I got that and replied in the same vein 

Got you, not always obvious when in written form.  :thumbs_up:

3 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Tbh i'm the same. Aren't they about 9th in the league? A bit meh tbh but might be decent cover.

How many times have we beat them in the league?