Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought Police

I’d like to think the success of Souttar, and the opportunity to learn from Berra and Levein put us over the edge. He had a few options apparently.

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

I just hope he's not another Darren Barr in a central defensive sense.

tartofmidlothian

If you're a centre half, there's no better team in Scotland to come to than Hearts under Levein. He's responsible for the careers of Webster and Souttar, played a big part in making Pressley the CH he was and has influenced Berra's career quite a bit as well.

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

A defender who can play football and scores goals? Complete opposite of McGregor, IMO.

Halkett has scored 5 this season and 7 or 8 last season.

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Please enlighten me on what you are basing this opinion on .

Seen  him 4 times now and he has been outstanding on every occasion. 

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Mort said:

Old Firm tactics, love it. Weaken the teams that you struggle against while strengthening yourself. Can see Livingston getting the full 'Hibs at Hampden' treatment from us next season. Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We tried to sign Darren McGregor in 2014 before he went to Rangers. 

Would have been okay. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Old Firm tactics, love it. Weaken the teams that you struggle against while strengthening yourself. Can see Livingston getting the full 'Hibs at Hampden' treatment from us next season. Can't wait.

Livingston are going down next season. 

Aside from teams working out their pitch they will struggle to maintain a good squad. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Livingston have only conceded 30 goals all season despite having a tiny budget and tiny fan base. He is one of the main reasons. Great signing.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Livingston are going down next season. 

Aside from teams working out their pitch they will struggle to maintain a good squad. 

Livi’s team will be decimated and a lot of what they achieved has to do with continuity and growing together over a few years. Going to be an absolutely massive rebuilding job for them over the summer. Gallacher is already away to Motherwell isn’t he? Halkett likely to us. Kelly is a decent keeper he may save them a few points next year and keep them in a battle at the bottom but he’s not the finished article and has mistakes in him. 

bajthejambo
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

A defender who can play football and scores goals? Complete opposite of McGregor, IMO.

Halkett has scored 5 this season and 7 or 8 last season.

McGregor has been POTY at every club he has played for and was coveted by Dundee, St Johnstone, Bolton and ourselves at one time or another before signing for Rangers and Hibs respectively. If it hadn't been for his horrendous injuries, he probably would have played down south.

Back on topic, I believe Halkett will prove to be a fine addition to our squad. His last minute tackle at Tynecastle a month or so ago won his team a point.

16 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

A real coup for us considering the interest from down south....oh and the wee team!??

Rangers were also linked with him in January.

Clearly wants to be with the upcoming cup winners though. :D

Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If he reminds you of McGregor, I'd hazard you've barely seen him play. He's an excellent defender who will absolutely improve under the tutelage of Mr Levein. 

Also, this ''hope I'm wrong'' patter is honking. 

Great signing if true, has me thinking that souttar may be away in the summer though, be another ''younger one'' who can learn an awful lot from berra and can see how well souttar has progressed with the club so thinks its a great chance for him. does anyone know anything more about the gordon rumours?

8 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

McGregor has been POTY at every club he has played for and was coveted by Dundee, St Johnstone, Bolton and ourselves at one time or another before signing for Rangers and Hibs respectively. If it hadn't been for his horrendous injuries, he probably would have played down south.

Back on topic, I believe Halkett will prove to be a fine addition to our squad. His last minute tackle at Tynecastle a month or so ago won his team a point.

Darren McGregor is a decent centre half who would have been a good signing for us .

I think Halkett is a better player .

I see someone writing him off , before he has actually signed ! Is this a first ?

How can people who watched us v Livi not say he will be an outstanding signing? He has been superb against us every time and also against the old firm. And he’s only 23!

Jamboscanbevicius

Delighted with this if we can get it over the line. Exactly the type of signing Aberdeen have built a great squad on... good age, proven performer in SPFL, ready to slot straight in and continue his development at a bigger club!

Really hope we are pushing for Cadden in a similar deal, and there are one or two others like Joe Shaughnessy that may be worth a contract as squad players.

Good signing, any views on if we will also take our option on Dikamona? Would hope we would instead of scrambling around for loan signings although JD was a success. 

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Good signing, any views on if we will also take our option on Dikamona? Would hope we would instead of scrambling around for loan signings although JD was a success. 

Dikamona seems like a no-brainer, I wonder if he's carrying an injury we want to see him shake off?

The Treasurer

Will of course wait until we see the scarf above the head, but if this is the case it would appear we are planning on doing the bulk of our business early again this summer.

18Jambo_dave74

Halkett would be a great signing. He's at a good age to develop even more but already has a lot of experience through the various levels of Scottish football. Obviously Livingston play a certain way and Halkett is great at that side of things (winning headers, tackles etc) but he can definitely play a bit too - I've seen him take penalties, free kicks and is capable of bringing the ball out of defence. 

Totally agree with the poster that said this is the kind of signing Aberdeen have been making over the last few years and its definitely a market that we should be always be looking at (picking up the best players from the other Scottish sides). Souttar is a prime example of this. 

If we were to go in to next season with Souttar, Berra, Halkett and Dikamona as our centre backs, plus having the option to play Michael Smith there, I'd be really pleased. If our gamble on Aidy White pays off then we could have our defence for next season sorted. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Tynecastlesmychurch
43 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If thats your opinion then fair enough. I would point out that he's been the main reason that Livingston have been so strong at the back. Remember in four games we managed one goal against them. 

heisenberg86

Lads been superb every game I’ve seen in him in this season, very good signing if we can get it over the line 

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sent someone on here a PM in Jan with this - also looking at another Livi player 

Goalkeeper ?

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I just hope he's not another Darren Barr in a central defensive sense.

What an opening goal.... 

Never Let Them Forget
28 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sent someone on here a PM in Jan with this - also looking at another Livi player 

Technically he’s a Livi player just now so Ryan Hardie?

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Isn't he also their penalty taker? In that case he might be the new Pressley.

A new snake! 

?

40 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Would the other player also be a pre-contract agreement?