What on earth went on for second penalty?

feedthefox

I love the big guy and he won the penalty but in my opinion it was totally wrong for Uche to go grab the ball and insist he takes the penalty, Clare had already put one away expertly so it was a no brainer he should take the next one. I had a bad feeling and rather than put the game to bed it gave Partick a new lease of life. Would like to have seen Berra maybe take control there and tell Uche to hand it to Clare. That said we won and Uche had a great game so no harm done in the end.

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Levein had an agreement with that if he was fouled he could take it. According to the radio

It’s the Scottish cup 1/4 finals not u10s Sunday league 

Just now, lsimp77 said:

It’s the Scottish cup 1/4 finals not u10s Sunday league 

That’s what Preston said funnily enough.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Koolkeith said:

Levein had an agreement with that if he was fouled he could take it. According to the radio

Nedd to stop this now. Does that mean if any. Of our players wins a penalty they get to take it? ****ing joke nearly cost us right at the end

Famous 1874

Have to say it was absolutely ridiculous giving him a penalty only being 2-1 up in a Scottish Cup quarter final especially after Sean Clare slotted a great pen. 

marshallschunkychicken

Craig also mentioned that Uche had been stressing about not being on the scoresheet for a while so that may be why he had the agreement.

God awful penalty nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There should be a firm and better policy for pens.    Any doubt... let Souttar shred the net with it.    End of.

Our usual policy is  to let Naismith miss them 

Joke of a decision and luckily it didn’t bite us on the arse!!!!

until Clare misses them he’s on the penalties!!!

and ffs a big guy like uche!!! I could have hit that penalty harder with my bellend!!

smash the Feckin thing!

letsmakesomenoise
1 minute ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

Craig also mentioned that Uche had been stressing about not being on the scoresheet for a while so that may be why he had the agreement.

Or maybe Craig was spinning a yarn about him taking it, to deflect attention away from the fact that he went against team orders and nearly cost us the match.

Love the big guy, but hes gotta learn that he doesnt do it all by himself.  Remember another point where he and Mulraney were out on the wing and the ball came out there.  Uche took it from Mulraneys toes and faffed about before losing it.  Far better to have left it to the winger, and get his ass in the box for the cross.  Just my opinion likes.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Joke of a decision and luckily it didn’t bite us on the arse!!!!

until Clare misses them he’s on the penalties!!!

and ffs a big guy like uche!!! I could have hit that penalty harder with my bellend!!

smash the Feckin thing!

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I could have hit that penalty harder with my bellend!

?

13 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Nedd to stop this now. Does that mean if any. Of our players wins a penalty they get to take it? ****ing joke nearly cost us right at the end

You do know this is really common. I mean realllllly common unless its a Pressley , Le Tissier , Ronaldo percentage pen taker

Can’t exactly say we have a dedicated penalty taker. Uche will also get told it ain’t happening again in a tight match.

Sexton Hardcastle

For what it’s worth I’d have soapy taking them. Kid can hammer a ball 50 yards to a blade of grass, let him find the postage stamp from 12.

37 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Amateurish

Graham Thomson

You would think that your centre forward would be able to hit a decent shot from the penalty spot though!!

It shouldn't have been a big deal. 

Cory McNamara

He just wanted to score another goal, simple as that. It's better to have special players for such work. It's like face-offs in hockey - very important part of the game, but some people don't understand that.

55 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Yep I heard it on the radio on my way back and just about crashed the car. God help us. The Q-F of the cup ffs. Absolutely absurd. God help us in a shootout then if this is the kind of decisions made. Clare scores a great kick so to change it for that reason ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

Ronaldo at penalties = outstanding

Neymar - not so much

Players would rather try the cute technique than the efficient technique though...

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

From now on Clare or Bozanic on penalties.

Uche's was awful.

The correct answer. Or Michael Smith when back, he missed his one but it was a well hit pen and apparently bangs them in on the training pitch.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Neymar - not so much

Players would rather try the cute technique than the efficient technique though...

Ronaldo bust my bet for £400 by missing a pen previously.

I heard the interview with Levein and took it that Clare and Uche had an agreement that Uche would take the pen if he won it, rather than Uche and Levein having an agreement.  Either way get Clare on the pens, put his away well.

Levein also confirmed that Uche would take another penalty......

if the other 10 players on the park are all injured ?

Uche is so hard he should just smash it.

I would not like to be behind the goals when he does 

I didn't think it was a penalty, it looked like he threw himself down. Really hope I'm proved wrong on Sportscene in a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Frankly that is just ridiculous and could have been very costly!

gowestjambo

Why do we continually make it easy for Keepers to save our Penalties??

Rule 1    Feckin Hammer it

Rule 2   Lift the ball high into the net instead of something resembling a backpass

1 hour ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

He'd got on the scoresheet earlier. So shouldn't have been an issue. Never should be, either. The important issue is winning/killing the game off.

25 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Was never a penalty anyway. The other one with Anderson was though. 

Correct. 

The Anderson challenge was a stonewaller and they never mentioned it.

Clare's penalty wasn't a wonder strike, keeper goes the right way and that's a shocker of a hit too.

Why does nobody smash them these days for us?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbf to Levein, the agreement was with Austin McPhee - set pieces are his domain. Confirmed it won't be happening again.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Uche is so hard he should just smash it.

I would not like to be behind the goals when he does 

Uche is so hard he doesn’t give a feck if he misses it.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Clare's penalty wasn't a wonder strike, keeper goes the right way and that's a shocker of a hit too.

Why does nobody smash them these days for us?

Clare’s penalty was decent, hit right in the corner and with enough power that I feel would have beaten a keeper even if they guessed right.

dont know what you saw?

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

According to CL....

Uche had an agreement with McPhee that if he won a penalty he’d get to take it.

Just bizarre.

Great incentive for him to go down easy for then.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Great incentive for him to go down easy for then.

Which he did.

Dont want to start that shite.....I hope CL has a word with him.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Which he did.

Dont want to start that shite.....I hope CL has a word with him.

Agreed!!! And McPhee for making stupid childish deals with players.

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Neymar - not so much

I reckon Neymar has a better conversion percentage. Admittedly I've hardly seen psg this season so he may have missed a few this year, apologies if so.

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

For a big lad, Uche shots are very powder puff! 

His goal was a corker though, don'tcha think?

Edited by Wee Mikey