• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• macker1874

• davemclaren

• luckydug

• Absolute Scenes

If Hearts win the cup, with a 1-0 victory in a shite performance, will the same naysaying fukwit ratbags be on here greetin' about how shite we are, and how Levein will never win anything (oh, except the cup we just won) and should get the heave, and , oh aye, feckin' Budge oot and drone, drone... all the other miserable shite they whine on aboot ?  Or will they be, like me, deliriously happy, and toally pished oot ma nut celebrating my teams triumph ? I somehow suspect the former. 'Mon THE HEARTS !!!

' If Hearts win the cup ' 

Aye right, I don't believe in miracles but if we do win it then I will almost certainly believe. 

One game at a time

59 minutes ago, Thebarcs94 said:

The Craig Beattie 

Ended be like watching a live stage show of the benny hill show if it was the same lassies running about

Shooter McGavin

WHEN we win, the players will do a guard of honour at the tunnel, out walks Romanov to a heroes reception as he bolts up the stairs to hoist the cup........

:clyay::sweeet::yas::scenes::pleasing:

8 hours ago, whodanny said:

If Hearts win the cup, with a 1-0 victory in a shite performance, will the same naysaying fukwit ratbags be on here greetin' about how shite we are, and how Levein will never win anything (oh, except the cup we just won) and should get the heave, and , oh aye, feckin' Budge oot and drone, drone... all the other miserable shite they whine on aboot ?  Or will they be, like me, deliriously happy, and toally pished oot ma nut celebrating my teams triumph ? I somehow suspect the former. 'Mon THE HEARTS !!!

I’d  harbour a good guess that most of the doomsday folk on here don’t even attend the games or that many.

come on the Hearts.

7 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

WHEN we win, the players will do a guard of honour at the tunnel, out walks Romanov to a heroes reception as he bolts up the stairs to hoist the cup........

:clyay::sweeet::yas::scenes::pleasing:

Except that John Terry would beat him to it. ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325207/John-Terry-lifts-Europa-League-trophy-kit.html

Imagine defending a 1-0 lead against Lennon's Celtic with 10 minutes to go and they are throwing the kitchen sink at us.  Then Djoum produces the long range pass of the century and Naismith controls it before smashing it past Bain.

Dreams are free but who knows.  Not many backed Ajax to dump Real 4-1 at their ground.

Got to get past Robbo first though.

Finlay James

If we win the cup, I hope that Craig Levein and Ann Budge are given the freedom of edinburgh.

Theyre doing a remarkable job.

21 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

If we win the cup, I hope that Craig Levein and Ann Budge are given the freedom of edinburgh.

Theyre doing a remarkable job.

At full time, cup in hand, they ask craig levein if the rumours are true that he is retirering a legend and off to spain to spend his days in the sun.   

Levein agrees, tears in his eyes begins his farewell speech, when half way through he stops and wolf of wallstreet style... im not going... 5 more years

Absolute Scenes

Here's a thought...

Right now there is a mixed and split opinion on our football style, some say we are underperforming, some say we've been unfortunate - but the idea and murmers I'm hearing is that this is another "crap season" and  "Levein's time is up"

Personally I think we should be higher than 5th but that's the way it is just now

There was a lot of kicking and screaming on the match thread about how "bad we were"

But...if we happen to win the Scottish cup (and a big IF, if its Celtic we were to - provided we get through ICT) does that turn this season into a great one, despite where we finish in the league?

First silverware since 2012 and all that

Discuss

Gibson_HMFC

I hope we win the cup for Craig and then he steps away a happy man. 

I just can't stand to watch his teams anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

So, simply don't watch. Guessing you missed Uche's fab goal. ?

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Get used to it

He'll be around for a while and rightly should be

Absolutely bleeds maroon

If we finish top 4 and lift the cup then nobody can argue about the progress being made and provided Levein actually wants to stay he absolutely should.

Even getting to the final there would be no shame in losing to Aberdeen or Celtic. Both of whom are very good teams.

Trying not to think about the final. My work's leave chart is fully booked throughout May and as a result there is no way I'd get the time off required for cup final weekend should we qualify.

:sob:

But let's concentrate on winning the semi first. 

Shovelly Joe

Any season with silverware is a fantastic achievement.  We’ve seen more talented Hearts teams lose semi finals so I would urge caution on getting to far ahead of ourselves.  

Hopefully the carrot of a semi final start will improve league performances too.  Played some good football considering the conditions last night, but I struggle to see how a team with such limited wide players as Garuccio, Godinho, Wighton and Morrison could beat Celtic or Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup final.  Hopefully they prove me wrong

David McCaig
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine Aberdeen knock out both the Old Firm and then lose to us. McInnes' pus would be a picture. 

You can guarantee it's what we would do in those circumstances 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Shovelly Joe said:

Any season with silverware is a fantastic achievement.  We’ve seen more talented Hearts teams lose semi finals so I would urge caution on getting to far ahead of ourselves.  

Hopefully the carrot of a semi final start will improve league performances too.  Played some good football considering the conditions last night, but I struggle to see how a team with such limited wide players as Garuccio, Godinho, Wighton and Morrison could beat Celtic or Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup final.  Hopefully they prove me wrong

It's not inconceivable that this time next month we could be 3rd in the table and in the Scottish Cup Final!!

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It's not inconceivable that this time next month we could be 3rd in the table and in the Scottish Cup Final!!

Too much positivity. Someone will be along presently to inform us that we're more likely to be 6th after being launched out the Scottish Cup by ICT.

Shovelly Joe
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Now that would be fantastic.  Two wins against Hibs too please

Tell you what, if we do get to the final I fancy our chances against either Celtic or Aberdeen.

Levein, for all his many faults, has shown he can get it right against either of them at times, being in Glasgow is the only drawback to that.

ICT first though.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, and St Mirren. Tough semi to get through. 

St Mirren was not so much a shock as Airdrie, IMO.

The second one especially. Never been as confident going into a semi as that one.

A horror show !

The previous one, with the replay, was awful as well. Poor Henry ! That was a disaster. Wee Black as well hitting a screamer.

Thank any god you care to mention that Kickback wasn’t around then !

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, Crete said:

Can Ann Budge go up to lift the Scottish cup if we win it?

I have only ever seen one Chairman ever do this. It was a very sad sight and it was Rod Petrie....................

Oddly enough I saw a photo online of a display somewhere inside Easter Road with shirts of players and cup winning memorabilia and the photo of the cup lifting is of Petrie not the team................

4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

We were rank rotten until the semi final in 2012 too.

The stars have aligned. I tell you! ;)

Starting to bug me the comparison to 2012. It's a different team and different manager who quite frankly win or loose still needs to go because his decision making has been rank rotten and should never have been allowed to take the managers job in the first place.

This bunch of playes should be doing alot better and its down to that Prehistoric out of date arrogant dick head they aren't. Iv never liked craig even the first time around boring drab football I'd rather keep my money and go watch Whitehill welfare or bonnyrigg rose play. 

I really hope we win the cup but the verdict on "Sir Craig" as some one has been quoted as calling him is still out.

1 minute ago, macker1874 said:

Starting to bug me the comparison to 2012. It's a different team and different manager who quite frankly win or loose still needs to go because his decision making has been rank rotten and should never have been allowed to take the managers job in the first place.

This bunch of playes should be doing alot better and its down to that Prehistoric out of date arrogant dick head they aren't. Iv never liked craig even the first time around boring drab football I'd rather keep my money and go watch Whitehill welfare or bonnyrigg rose play. 

I really hope we win the cup but the verdict on "Sir Craig" as some one has been quoted as calling him is still out.

One spare for the final.....face value !

4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

We were rank rotten until the semi final in 2012 too.

The stars have aligned. I tell you! ;)

At last - somebody else remembers!

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Here's a thought...

Right now there is a mixed and split opinion on our football style, some say we are underperforming, some say we've been unfortunate - but the idea and murmers I'm hearing is that this is another "crap season" and  "Levein's time is up"

Personally I think we should be higher than 5th but that's the way it is just now

There was a lot of kicking and screaming on the match thread about how "bad we were"

But...if we happen to win the Scottish cup (and a big IF, if its Celtic we were to - provided we get through ICT) does that turn this season into a great one, despite where we finish in the league?

First silverware since 2012 and all that

Discuss

Of course it does.

We win a trophy on average every decade. 

It it would give us a huge boost going into next season.

6 minutes ago, macker1874 said:

Where did we finish in the league in 2012?

Why does the comparison bug you?

Is it because you don’t actually want Levein to have the same success as Sergio and possibly become hugely popular amongst the fans? 

2 hours ago, Shovelly Joe said:

Now that would be fantastic.  Two wins against Hibs too please

Just the one, the one that puts them bottom six?