Aaron Hughes

Mr Elwood P

heartsfc_fan

He probably just gets called up for his off field influence tbh.

Will no doubt retire the end of this season and become a coach.

Inch Hearts

Good luck to him.  Finished as a footballer though and another waste of ££.

Edited by Inch Hearts

Hughes in squad could be a bonus for us if tonight is postponed or abandoned. Three players called up means they can’t force us to play Thistle next week without Souter and Godinh. Austin worked one for us there. 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hughes in squad could be a bonus for us if tonight is postponed or abandoned. Three players called up means they can’t force us to play Thistle next week without Souter and Godinh. Austin worked one for us there. 

Why wouldn’t we want to play next week and get Hampden sorted ASAP? 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This confuses me, is tonight not played to a finish?

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, graygo said:

This confuses me, is tonight not played to a finish?

He says if it is postponed or abandoned 

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

He says if it is postponed or abandoned 

So he did.

Is it played to a finish tonight then?

35 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Hughes should have been let go at the end of last season. Hes a waste of money.

There can no be no decent argument against this imo. 

Famous 1874
36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Completely agree

43 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why wouldn’t we want to play next week and get Hampden sorted ASAP? 

No Souter or Godinho, that’s why 

22 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Completely agree

Absolutely ridiculous he was given a playing contract for this season.

Captain Canada

I wonder if Hughes will get a final appearance for us at the end of the season just to try and erase the memory of the Livi game from his mind? 

colinmaroon

He's in the Northern Ireland squad because he's important to them as an "elder statesman" - he actually has an inspirational impact on the players.

The posters on here have no idea about his work with our young defenders in the academy.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

No Souter or Godinho, that’s why 

We’re the 3rd biggest club in the country mate.  We couldn’t beat Partick without them and request a postponement it would be the biggest shitbag thing known ever.  Thankfully we’re off.  ****in mon the ‘Ts

Inch Hearts
28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He's in the Northern Ireland squad because he's important to them as an "elder statesman" - he actually has an inspirational impact on the players.

The posters on here have no idea about his work with our young defenders in the academy.

Hes shite.

call him up as a coach then. Unlike us, paying him a players wage to top up retirement fund.

colinmaroon
26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes shite.

call him up as a coach then. Unlike us, paying him a players wage to top up retirement fund.

Your ignorance goes before you!

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes shite.

He is more or less acting as a coach and his wage is completely insignificant because as a coach I would imagine he would be getting a wage. WTF is your problem here? 

We will most likely gain an excellent coach, have a back up experienced defender and in the meantime his influence around the dressing room  

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, communist said:

There can no be no decent argument against this imo. 

Yes there is, should never have been signed in the first place. Was washed up and playing in India, just here to stay fit for NI at Macphee’s behest.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He is more or less acting as a coach and his wage is completely insignificant because as a coach I would imagine he would be getting a wage. WTF is your problem here? 

We will most likely gain an excellent coach, have a back up experienced defender and in the meantime his influence around the dressing room  

He said he doesn’t even know if he wants to coach when he retires, we don’t need any more coaches.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So basically we are paying his wages to prolong his international career!

If he's good enough to play for Northern Ireland he should, theoretically, be good enough to play for Hearts. Hopefully he's having a big influence in training and leaves in the summer with everyone's best wishes or stays as a defensive coach if required or desired on his part.

18 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

It’s so he can get injured again and return to us and be unavailable.

I think we get financially compensated if he is injured on international duty.

tokyowalnut
7 hours ago, barcajambo said:

I don’t even think he is in Edinburgh at the moment.

I did see him at Oriam a couple of weeks ago, he looks like Mr Burns. 

Nookie Bear
14 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

As i understand it he has little interest in pursuing a coaching career, and i doubt it would be with us in any case.

I expect his professionalism is good for the young lads to see, in fairness.

18 hours ago, Herbert said:

Do you know the terms of his deal?

Have you missed what the younger players have said about his hugely positive influence on them?

Just now, Jammy T said:

Have you missed what the younger players have said about his hugely positive influence on them?

Terms of his deal are a weekly wage for doing nowt and training facilities for him to stay fit for NI. I will assume he will  be skinning us of 1500ish a week.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He's on a playing wage and doesn't play.

I have missed what the younger players have said about his positive influence on them on the pitch, yes. 

rudi must stay
16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Spot on. Shawnessy mentioned him recently

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Clearly if he is with the NI squad the coaching staff there a bunch of complete arseholes as well.....

Some are even the same arseholes...

37 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He's on a playing wage and doesn't play.

I have missed what the younger players have said about his positive influence on them on the pitch, yes. 

Pay per play, appearance fees etc probably tied in given he signed recently and is acting as cover to Berra Souttar and Dikamona (Dunne/Shaughnessy only came in as cover after injuries)

Any interview with Michael O'Neil or Austin Macphee they refer to how small the Northern Irish pool is for calling up and how important the older boys are to the dressing room and culture. More too it than just playing.

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Pay per play, appearance fees etc probably tied in given he signed recently and is acting as cover to Berra Souttar and Dikamona (Dunne/Shaughnessy only came in as cover after injuries)

Any interview with Michael O'Neil or Austin Macphee they refer to how small the Northern Irish pool is for calling up and how important the older boys are to the dressing room and culture. More too it than just playing.

Just guess work then.  Overall he's been here 2 years as a player and contributed very little on the park. 

They may well do, which again I'm not debating.  I've never heard one Hearts youngster come out and praise assistance he gives to them on the park.

If we had signed him as a coach 2 years ago registered for emergency reasons like Comb did then fair enough.  We seem to have kept him fit so he's available for NI. 

20 hours ago, Herbert said:

Agreed. Job for the boys.

On 13/03/2019 at 11:53, tokyowalnut said:

I did see him at Oriam a couple of weeks ago, he looks like Mr Burns. 

Well hopefully he is offering advice to younger players and doing a bit coaching just never see him in any of the training pictures, but who knows!

On 12/03/2019 at 19:19, colinmaroon said:

I agree. But kickbackers like a good moan and know much more than our coaching staff.