The Changing Room project

hisnameisdrewbusby

hisnameisdrewbusby

Folks,

We all have physical health and we all have mental health, good, bad, indifferent. What ever the state of your mental health you can come along to learn more and help support other jambos at the Changing Room project.

Here's a link to Big Hearts blog on this http://www.bighearts.org.uk/news/blog-the-changing-room/ and there are still spaces to join us for the first of 12 weekly meetings at 6pm this Wednesday, 13th March.

Just e-mail [email protected] to let me know that you want to come or would like more information. Tell yer pals, tell yer dad, tell yer uncle - we're targeting all men aged 30-64.

Thanks,

Dougie

Wednesday's changing room takes place in the home changing room at 6pm, use the link above and give it a try, what's the worse that could happen?

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Wednesday's changing room takes place in the home changing room at 6pm, use the link above and give it a try, what's the worse that could happen?

Bttt

davemclaren
19 hours ago, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Folks,

We all have physical health and we all have mental health, good, bad, indifferent. What ever the state of your mental health you can come along to learn more and help support other jambos at the Changing Room project.

Here's a link to Big Hearts blog on this http://www.bighearts.org.uk/news/blog-the-changing-room/ and there are still spaces to join us for the first of 12 weekly meetings at 6pm this Wednesday, 13th March.

Just e-mail [email protected] to let me know that you want to come or would like more information. Tell yer pals, tell yer dad, tell yer uncle - we're targeting all men aged 30-64.

Thanks,

Dougie

Tonight. 

davemclaren
22 hours ago, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Folks,

Thanks,

Dougie

Last shout for today. 

• 2 months later...
Borders Jambo

Fantastic initiative and well done Hearts.

Anything that helps with mental health, social issues, loneliness deserves credit.

Delighted to see this pop back onto the first page of 'The Terrace' and thought it was worth providing a short update from a Big Hearts point of view. 

Since launch at Tynecastle Park, The Changing Room has been incredibly positive for those who have got involved.

The project has a number of strands but we are really keen to keep developing and grow the number of men involved. We'll shortly be releasing details of various activities held throughout the week at Tynecastle for everyone to engage with and our next 12 week programme kicks off at the start of June.

A key part of the project is raising awareness and understanding of Mental Health across the entire Hearts' family and we'd be delighted to hold unique sessions for any groups, organisations or individuals who think this would be worthwhile. We'd be delighted to do a specific session for members of JKB as an example.  

Generally, I'd encourage anyone who wishes to get involved in supporting or attending to drop us a note for a chat: [email protected] 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

Fantastic initiative and well done Hearts.

Anything that helps with mental health, social issues, loneliness deserves credit.

this

davemclaren
1 hour ago, BigHearts said:

Delighted to see this pop back onto the first page of 'The Terrace' and thought it was worth providing a short update from a Big Hearts point of view. 

Since launch at Tynecastle Park, The Changing Room has been incredibly positive for those who have got involved.

The project has a number of strands but we are really keen to keep developing and grow the number of men involved. We'll shortly be releasing details of various activities held throughout the week at Tynecastle for everyone to engage with and our next 12 week programme kicks off at the start of June.

A key part of the project is raising awareness and understanding of Mental Health across the entire Hearts' family and we'd be delighted to hold unique sessions for any groups, organisations or individuals who think this would be worthwhile. We'd be delighted to do a specific session for members of JKB as an example.  

Generally, I'd encourage anyone who wishes to get involved in supporting or attending to drop us a note for a chat: [email protected] 

Thanks for the update. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Changing Room Project is starting another 12 Weekly Session starting Wednesday 5TH June at 6PM

If you interested or just want to find out more read below, if this sounds like you, sign up by emailing [email protected]

I've just done the last 12 week programme and it is a great initiative which helps your understanding of your own mental health, encourages you to get a little more active, you'll meet other Jambos and have a laugh chatting about Hearts. If anyone is unsure or wants to PM me to ask questions please feel free too.

Big Hearts and The Changing Room Project

The Changing Room has one goal – to promote men’s mental health and well-being through the power of football.

Men love a blether about football, whether it’s pre-match tactics, team selection, or post-match analysis. Men also need to get the stuff that’s bothering them off their chest. To help, The Changing Room is here for men aged 30 – 64 who want to find out more about how they can look after themselves.

What’s it about?

Increased social connectedness for men

Men enabled to better self-manage their own mental health and wellbeing.

How does it work?

Weekly sessions to talk football do a little gentle exercise and learn about looking after mental health and wellbeing

Where does is happen?

The home changing room at Tynecastle Park

When is it on?

Currently open to sign-up for 12 weekly session starting 5th June at 6pm

Possibility of day-time sessions too if enough interest in this

Where to find out more and how to sign-up

Website

http://hearts.thechangingroom.org.uk/

Email (to sign up)

[email protected]

9 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

The Changing Room Project is starting another 12 Weekly Session starting Wednesday 5TH June at 6PM

If you interested or just want to find out more read below, if this sounds like you, sign up by emailing [email protected]

I've just done the last 12 week programme and it is a great initiative which helps your understanding of your own mental health, encourages you to get a little more active, you'll meet other Jambos and have a laugh chatting about Hearts. If anyone is unsure or wants to PM me to ask questions please feel free too.

Big Hearts and The Changing Room Project

The Changing Room has one goal – to promote men’s mental health and well-being through the power of football.

Men love a blether about football, whether it’s pre-match tactics, team selection, or post-match analysis. Men also need to get the stuff that’s bothering them off their chest. To help, The Changing Room is here for men aged 30 – 64 who want to find out more about how they can look after themselves.

What’s it about?

Increased social connectedness for men

Men enabled to better self-manage their own mental health and wellbeing.

How does it work?

Weekly sessions to talk football do a little gentle exercise and learn about looking after mental health and wellbeing

Where does is happen?

The home changing room at Tynecastle Park

When is it on?

Currently open to sign-up for 12 weekly session starting 5th June at 6pm

Possibility of day-time sessions too if enough interest in this

Where to find out more and how to sign-up

Website

http://hearts.thechangingroom.org.uk/

Email (to sign up)

[email protected]

Wish i could but i am only 29! always next year though!

Edited by gov
mistake

2 minutes ago, gov said:

Wish i could but i am only 29! always next year though!

Gov, give them an email, i'm pretty sure the would be fine with you being 29. :fing10:

4 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Gov, give them an email, i'm pretty sure the would be fine with you being 29. :fing10:

thanks mate i will give it a look and drop them an email. get nervous about getting involved in this kind of stuff but may well be a great thing to do!

It varies, the group I was on had 6 plus the two guys who run it but then occasionally guys from the first group would come along.

It's really informal and worth going to, the first couple of weeks some people are quite others chat more but Dougie the main guy is good at getting everyone involved.

21 minutes ago, gov said:

thanks mate i will give it a look and drop them an email. get nervous about getting involved in this kind of stuff but may well be a great thing to do!

I was pretty nervous because I didn't know what to expect or what was expected of me, it's really relaxed, if you want to talk then that's good if not nobody is going to judge you for that, different people take different amounts of time to get involved.

9 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

I was pretty nervous because I didn't know what to expect or what was expected of me, it's really relaxed, if you want to talk then that's good if not nobody is going to judge you for that, different people take different amounts of time to get involved.

Sounds good, I have sent an email across a few minutes ago so will see what they come back with. be good to get involved i think! 

1 minute ago, gov said:

Sounds good, I have sent an email across a few minutes ago so will see what they come back with. be good to get involved i think! 

Good man Gov, I don't think anyone who has gone along has regretted it.

As I said in an earlier post, anybody with any questions fire away, or have a look at the website the link is above in an earlier post :fing10:

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, bn jambo said:

As I said in an earlier post, anybody with any questions fire away, or have a look at the website the link is above in an earlier post :fing10:

Thank you

20 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Thanks i have spoken to Dougie and i am signed up i believe! looking forward to it! 

Quick Bump for anyone who is interested in signing up for the next 12 week programme.

email [email protected]  to sign up.

This starts this Wednesday 5th June at 6pm at Tynecastle in the home Team Changing Room.

Come along talk football do a little gentle exercise and learn about looking after mental health and wellbeing.

This is a fantastic program. I was in the first group and go along to the fortnightly catch-up which happens when you have finished the 12 week course. 

I also try and attend the other sessions for myself and extra support to people going. 

Definitely worth going to and look forward to meeting those in the next group

like bn jambo feel free to pm me if you want to know more. 

Edited by millano77

• 4 weeks later...
hisnameisdrewbusby
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:13, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Look out for new Free Summer Activities from The Changing Room & Big Hearts. 

For a little more detail see Eventbrite:

Walking Group

Kick-about 

Keepie-Uppie

TCR drop ins.jpg

Drop ins calendar.jpg

Quick update to say that tomorrow's kick-about on the community pitch has had to be cancelled - the pitch gets waterlogged easily and there's lots more rain forecast.

Any questions about this or the walking group and keepie-uppie sessions on Monday? Just e-mail [email protected]