Jury Service

arfurdaley

5 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

ha where did you hear that??

No danger can I say but it's an absolute fact, High Court too! (not that it matters)

19 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I only call your wife during business hours if that helps.

You can trust me not to interupt your tea or your sleep. I’m quite polite.

My wife was saying you have a lovely ‘telephone voice’.

Unknown user

I've never been called in my 40+ years, although I've been out of the country for 10 of them. It'd suit me just fine if I was never involved in judging my fellow man.

• 8 months later...

I'm meant to have jury service tomorrow at the High Court buy I've lost my citation. Anyone know the number to call?? All I can find online is the one for the sheriff court. 

Cheers! 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, KateG said:

I'm meant to have jury service tomorrow at the High Court buy I've lost my citation. Anyone know the number to call?? All I can find online is the one for the sheriff court. 

Cheers! 

Although this is the sheriff court it maybe of help. You could also Google it.

7 hours ago, KateG said:

Cheers! 

I had jury service at the High Court before Christmas (didn't have to attend, thankfully). 

The number to call about whether you need attend, or not, is 0800 397 501.

Apparently, citation numbers 1 to 150 and 901 to 975 must attend at 0945 tomorrow. 

Edited by martoon

9 hours ago, martoon said:

I had jury service at the High Court before Christmas (didn't have to attend, thankfully). 

The number to call about whether you need attend, or not, is 0800 397 501.

Apparently, citation numbers 1 to 150 and 901 to 975 must attend at 0945 tomorrow. 

She'll never have remember the citation number.

Kate in Corton Vale by teatime?

The courts don't have the manpower to chase up non-attendees or non-responders, I had this confirmed by a lord justice clerk at Glasgow High Court. You can just dingy the notices.

I've been called up four times in the last 20 years; three at the Sheriff Court and once at the High Court. Never been selected!

I know friends and family who ignore the letters, as they can't be bothered going and know that nothing will happen.

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

She'll never have remember the citation number.

Kate in Corton Vale by teatime?

Free the Kickback 1.

Sawdust Caesar

Perhaps the courts should copy a Simpsons episode re people not turning up for jury duty. Instead of getting a citation stating you have been picked for jury duty it should read "You have been chosen to join the Justice Squadron, please report to the Municipal Fortress of Vengeance."

I was called up last year. It was for a murder trial. Got picked aswell and was there for 3 weeks. Was certainly a different experiance to my usual

day to day activities. Glad I have done it, would rather not do it again. 

56 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

I was called up last year. It was for a murder trial. Got picked aswell and was there for 3 weeks. Was certainly a different experiance to my usual

day to day activities. Glad I have done it, would rather not do it again. 

Your allowed to tell us:lol:

Diadora Van Basten

I had a great time on jury service we used to have a good laugh in the jury room and had to try hard to straighten my face when we lined up to going into the court room. Had some great characters on the jury.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

23 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The courts don't have the manpower to chase up non-attendees or non-responders, I had this confirmed by a lord justice clerk at Glasgow High Court. You can just dingy the notices.

I've been called up four times in the last 20 years; three at the Sheriff Court and once at the High Court. Never been selected!

I know friends and family who ignore the letters, as they can't be bothered going and know that nothing will happen.

As they aren't posted registered delivery 'I didn't receive' is an acceptable response.

On 11/03/2019 at 22:26, gjcc said:

When I went, the number of folk that just didn’t bother to show up was fairly staggering. 

Not sure if they got away with it or are currently keeping someone’s boaby warm in HMP saughton, mind. 

Nah, a Court Clerk told me people don’t turn up all the time, they never follow up on it as long as they have enough people to fill a jury. 

I got called up in may last year but I was away from home for several months and got the letter about a week before the trial. (Somebody collected my mail for me) I got in touch and they were fine about it, had a valid reason anyway. Then I get another one for January, I was signed off at the time so again got away with it. If I get it again I’m not going, I couldn’t think of anything worse . 

A few years back I was called up whilst signed off work with a long term illness. I discussed it with my doc and she said I was unfit for it and she’d write to them to explain. 

I got a reply saying I wouldn’t be called again until year 204x, by which time I’d be 75 years old. 

I’d love to know what my doc wrote. 😂

Edited by Les Izemore