• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• The Treasurer

• soonbe110

• Boab

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

10000 would be great - I reckon it will be about 9,500 

As per the previous cup game, I'll be getting my tickets on the night. I guess that goes for heaps of supporters.

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

As per the previous cup game, I'll be getting my tickets on the night. I guess that goes for heaps of supporters.

Think the weather will stop a few going on the night as it’s not looking good weather wise as has been said 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Think the weather will stop a few going on the night as it’s not looking good weather wise as has been said 

Nah ... the sun will be shining as it dips below the horizon, catching the main stand. There will be a slight breeze ... just enough to keep Uche cool. Hearts will forego 'hoofball' and play slickly on the deck and bamboozle Partick. We'll all go home happy and look forward towards a trip to Hampden. ?

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I wonder how many fans who aren't going would be going if Hearts were playing 

good football rather than the shambles of a team we have at the moment. It is 

painfull to watch Hearts because our management have lost the plot and all 

that is happening is our players are underperforming.

Me for one.

Some comments on here show how our younger support are used to winning cups and all the flair and joy that brings. If you’re a wee bit older you’ll know that today’s team is nowhere near as bad as some previous ones. Regardless, you follow the team through thick and thin. 

sidjamesbottle
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Some comments on here show how our younger support are used to winning cups and all the flair and joy that brings. If you’re a wee bit older you’ll know that today’s team is nowhere near as bad as some previous ones. Regardless, you follow the team through thick and thin. 

Thats where i am mate i just don't get the might go might not go crowd, if hearts are playing im there never in doubt

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah ... the sun will be shining as it dips below the horizon, catching the main stand. There will be a slight breeze ... just enough to keep Uche cool. Hearts will forego 'hoofball' and play slickly on the deck and bamboozle Partick. We'll all go home happy and look forward towards a trip to Hampden. ?

????

Randy Marsh
51 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Thats where i am mate i just don't get the might go might not go crowd, if hearts are playing im there never in doubt

Agreed.  Especially for a SC Quarter Final at home.  Biggest match of the season.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Some comments on here show how our younger support are used to winning cups and all the flair and joy that brings. If you’re a wee bit older you’ll know that today’s team is nowhere near as bad as some previous ones. Regardless, you follow the team through thick and thin

I would think you would be right, but the below poster has admitted to being in his 60s.

15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Yet are on the verge of being the first Hearts team in 14 years to reach 2 semi finals in a season and are 4 points off 3rd which was the pre season target. It's been up and down and some of it has been painful, but 99% of HMFC supporters would have taken that pre season

Are Hearts playing in a Cup Quarter Final?

Are Hearts at home?

Is the price reasonable?

Are you free?

If the answer to all the above is yes, then there should be no argument.

Not playing the football you like to see??  FFS, go and support someone else that meets your high standards of entertainment.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Jambo100 said:

My season ticket renewal in doubt.Football so bad lost interest.

Perhaps you should be telling this to people who actually give a shit (if there is anyone)

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

10,000 would be ok. I believe it will be a lot more but a tie scheduled at short notice, not covered by season tickets, midweek, lousy weather forecast, CL on tv, people at work, people working away, only 800 away fans, previously arranged commitments, school on Wed morning, these all detract from total attendance. Anything much above 10k is pretty decent as far as I’m concerned. 

Most (not all) of these are reasonable and understandable excuses, but anyone that is using the CL as an excuse cannot call themselves a Hearts fan

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Most (not all) of these are reasonable and understandable excuses, but anyone that is using the CL as an excuse cannot call themselves a Hearts fan

Agreed, but there’s quite a few who have even weaker excuses eg quality of the football, don’t like Craig Levein. 

46 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Are Hearts at home?

Is the price reasonable?

Are you free?

Not playing the football you like to see??  FFS, go and support someone else that meets your high standards of entertainment.

This.

The Treasurer
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, but there’s quite a few who have even weaker excuses eg quality of the football, don’t like Craig Levein. 

Very true mate.

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, Boab said:

An excuse to not be at the football !

?

Does it need to be in writing ?

Get over yourselves.

No "getting over" required.

I happen to think it's a bit sad that so-called Hearts fans feel the need to go on a Hearts message board to tell everyone that they are not going to support Hearts.

I hope the FFS Leveiners who sit behind me aren't there. Would improve the experience massively for me. As always I'm looking forward to watching HMFC under the lights

11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

A quarter final replay of the Scottish Cup and if we win we’ll play in the Semi against Inverness and you think 

a 10,000 would be ok. Tynecastle should be bursting at the seams. What a fabulous chance to get to 

another Scottish Cup Final.

10000 would be more than we achieved for the 2012 q/f.

Was that because of CLs 'eye bleeding' football as well.

Fact of the matter is fans don't want to stump up for non ST games. Not just Hearts fans all clubs have the same problem.

You'll probably ignore this reply like you did the last one. You can't handle the truth when it doesn't suit your agenda.

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Are Hearts at home?

Is the price reasonable?

Are you free?

?? and the post was going so well....

18 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

?? and the post was going so well....

I like to add in a little curve ball every now and again, keeps the natives on their toes.... :)

Edited by sandyk

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Are Hearts at home?

Is the price reasonable?

Are you free?

This....finishing work an hour early....beer ....supporters bus.....Ardmillan (beer).....Tynecastle to cheer on the Jambos !!

Nookie Bear

If everyone could get behind the team and cheer them to victory, that would be lovely.

I'll catch up with you all at Hampden in May :thumb:

mainstandjambo

My latest and final count:

Wheatfield   -   2088

Gorgie          -   1073

Main             -   1822

Total             -   4983

600 sold since yesterday afternoon.

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Perhaps you should be telling this to people who actually give a shit (if there is anyone)

Post of the day. Exactly my thoughts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, communist said:

I'll be there tonight, but understand fans staying away. We've watched some pretty awful stuff of late. 

At as a low an ebb as I can remember. If we go out tonight it wont surprise me, it wont disappoint or hurt me as much as it should, I have pretty much accepted we are shite to be honest. Shite football, shite results, lacking in direction, the last is the worry for me. We seem to move from one cluster **** to another.

All our eggs seem to go in 1 basket and when it doesn't work it becomes something really ugly.

Edited by Sir Gio

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

At as a low an ebb as I can remember. If we go out tonight it wont surprise me, it wont disappoint or hurt me as much as it should, I have pretty much accepted we are shite to be honest. Shite football, shite results, lacking in direction, the last is the worry for me. We seem to move from one cluster **** to another.

All our eggs seem to go in 1 basket and when it doesn't work it becomes something really ugly.

You've not followed Hearts for long then:laugh:

You can't remember administration?

Drama queen extraordinaire.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No "getting over" required.

I happen to think it's a bit sad that so-called Hearts fans feel the need to go on a Hearts message board to tell everyone that they are not going to support Hearts.

As sad as people telling others on a message board that there is no excuse for not turning up if they are “ free “ ?

What does that even mean ?

Does there need to be a list of acceptable excuses ?

Laughable !

Telling random people that they should be at Tynecastle tonight as they have no good reason not to be there ?

Good luck with that.

55 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If everyone could get behind the team and cheer them to victory, that would be lovely.

I'll catch up with you all at Hampden in May :thumb:

April !

?

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

As sad as people telling others on a message board that there is no excuse for not turning up if they are “ free “ ?

What does that even mean ?

Does there need to be a list of acceptable excuses ?

Laughable !

Telling random people that they should be at Tynecastle tonight as they have no good reason not to be there ?

Good luck with that.

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, that is their business.

I just find it strange that people who claim to support Hearts would not want to go and support Hearts in a huge game when, by their own admission, they have nothing better to do and could easily get to Tynecastle

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, that is their business.

I just find it strange that people who claim to support Hearts would not want to go and support Hearts in a huge game when, by their own admission, they have nothing better to do and could easily get to Tynecastle

Sorry, i’ve not seen one post on this thread saying that.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

10000 would be more than we achieved for the 2012 q/f.

Was that because of CLs 'eye bleeding' football as well.

Fact of the matter is fans don't want to stump up for non ST games. Not just Hearts fans all clubs have the same problem.

You'll probably ignore this reply like you did the last one. You can't handle the truth when it doesn't suit your agenda.

There’ll be plenty fans there tonight, myself included, who won’t be happy with the fare currently being served up. 

People still support the jersey while not being happy with other aspects.

Was in about half 11 and there appeared to be a few in to buy for tonight. Not a long queue but constant while I looked around/at the Lego Bus. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

You've not followed Hearts for long then:laugh:

You can't remember administration?

Drama queen extraordinaire.

Nah, not really. Maybe just tired. But not a drama queen, its the hope that kills you. You have a lot to learn about people

47 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’ll be plenty fans there tonight, myself included, who won’t be happy with the fare currently being served up. 

People still support the jersey while not being happy with other aspects.

Mitch was saying there would be more if we were playing better.

I was merely pointing out that on previous occasions when we were playing better it didn't encourage more people to attend in fact gates were down on what we are now achieving.

There may well be plenty sticks to beat the management with but dropping attendances is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just what does lacking in direction mean ?........typical fans nonsense when they want to complain but cannot articulate the point

OmiyaHearts
20 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The ones i know who aren't going (me included) is due to the attitude from the management to play for a draw after the equaliser in first match. If we get through tonight, I'm lucky enough to get free tickets at Hampden, so I won't feel ripped-off having to watch Berra launch long balls for 90 mins (or possibly longer).

The Players and management took the piss out of Hearts supporters at Firhill.

6 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

Come on guys let’s support the club and get to the next round 

Many Hearts minded people won’t go to games because of the dire way Levein has out 

team playing. Tynecastle is like a morgue at times and it’s only when the old 

firm or Hibs come along does our fans become alive. There is no doubt Levein and 

his Bootroom are driving many fans away. Loyalty only works when one party 

(The Fans) are not being short changed. This league we’re in isn’t exactly the hardest 

yet we toil week in week out against poor teams. Our fans deserve better and if Ann 

Budge didn’t have such misguided belief in Levein and his Bootroom we could have 

a far better experience following our team. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, jambokev said:

This....finishing work an hour early....beer ....supporters bus.....Ardmillan (beer).....Tynecastle to cheer on the Jambos !!

and your coming all the way from Galashiels

Fxxx the SPFL
32 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Was in about half 11 and there appeared to be a few in to buy for tonight. Not a long queue but constant while I looked around/at the Lego Bus. 

it's reduced you should have bought one or three lol

Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

it's reduced you should have bought one or three lol

I was tempted. :lol: 

Alas I’d left my wallet in the car. 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Mitch was saying there would be more if we were playing better.

I was merely pointing out that on previous occasions when we were playing better it didn't encourage more people to attend in fact gates were down on what we are now achieving.

There may well be plenty sticks to beat the management with but dropping attendances is not one of them.

If you’ll remember what finished Cathro was the abuse aimed at Ann Budge and Craig Levein 

when they were sitting in the Wheatfield during the Dunfermline game in the League Cup, in 

fact, they must of thought it was that bad they left their seats before the penalties. Do we 

really want to see the same thing happen again in the new main stand, I hope not. A decision 

must be made on the future of the management of our team before we get 

to what happened with  Cathro for everyone’s sake. 

Ann must understand me must do better because we should be doing better.

24 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The ones i know who aren't going (me included) is due to the attitude from the management to play for a draw after the equaliser in first match. If we get through tonight, I'm lucky enough to get free tickets at Hampden, so I won't feel ripped-off having to watch Berra launch long balls for 90 mins (or possibly longer).

The Players and management took the piss out of Hearts supporters at Firhill.

I don’t think we played for a draw at Firhill.

I think we were just shite !