After Life

gashauskis9

gashauskis9

New Ricky Gervais project/series on Netflix.

Anyone else watched this yet?

Binged it last night, and I was in tears.  Genuinely one of the most moving things I’ve ever watched and the casting was perfection.  I didn’t get the hype for Derek, wasn’t my cup of tea, and was a bit sceptical of him trying to go down this route again but he’s nailed it.  

Yes, enjoyed it ,sad depressing funny and uplifting all in one package.

Was crying laughing at the vaginal yeast bit ?

Салатные палочки

Watched it all on Friday night. Thought it was great. A couple of real laugh out loud moments, most notably when the guy farted at the old man's door. Mostly though, it was just an enjoyable watch. 

Chicken soup for the soul. 

Better call Saul

I do like a bit of Ricky and have enjoyed after life I am up to ep 4 

Where can I watch life's too short ? 

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Watched it all on Friday night. Thought it was great. A couple of real laugh out loud moments, most notably when the guy farted at the old man's door. Mostly though, it was just an enjoyable watch. 

Chicken soup for the soul. 

“What do you get when you cross a disabled octopus with my ex wife?”  was my personal fave ???

Have just powered through this excellent. 

The Breast milk scene I was genuinely in tears of laughter at. 

Quite sad at the same. Deals with many current issues in society with male depression/suicide well. 

10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

New Ricky Gervais project/series on Netflix.

Anyone else watched this yet?

Binged it last night, and I was in tears.  Genuinely one of the most moving things I’ve ever watched and the casting was perfection.  I didn’t get the hype for Derek, wasn’t my cup of tea, and was a bit sceptical of him trying to go down this route again but he’s nailed it.  

Looking forward to watching this. Loved derek and generally like all things gervais so good to see positive comments. 

chuck berrys hairline

Watched all of this last night and was laughing and greeting on every episode. I could relate as list my mum to cancer last year and some of the behaviours are very similar. Kind of made me look abit in but I guess that would have been one of the reasons he done this. Never felt suicidal or that but just shows you how easy it could be for someone ?. We all suffer from mental health problems and tbh I've been through a very tough few years and never opened up to anyone. Will be looking to change that soon. 

chester copperpot

On episode 4 now and think it is brilliant. I don't really like Gervais but he is brilliant in this though.

One of the best things I've seen on tv in years, superb. The fart and vaginal yeast  scenes were proper laugh out loud stuff. Also, liked the dark female character he went on a date with. All in, really clever. 

Just binge-watched all six episodes.

Excellent TV.  A superb blend of poignancy and humour.

The breast milk puddings and vaginal yeast bread ... priceless. :rofl:

gashauskis9

“I’d rather be nowhere with her than somewhere without her”

If Gervais penned that line himself, then he’s a ****ing genius.

Loved it.

Does anybody else watch too much Gervais shows and notice him plagiarizing his own material.

93 year old not being scared for life is in an episode of the Ricky Gervais show.

Sexton Hardcastle

Ploughed thought it tonight. Loved the cameo from Brent’s agent in the office in episode 6. 

Kirk Douglas...Michael Douglas.

Better call Saul
33 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ploughed thought it tonight. Loved the cameo from Brent’s agent in the office in episode 6. 

Kirk Douglas...Michael Douglas.

I wasn't that blown away by yet another previous cast member making an appearance tbh must have been about 6 of them  .

Sexton Hardcastle
8 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I wasn't that blown away by yet another previous cast member making an appearance tbh must have been about 6 of them  .

Was just watching the Xmas special the other day and that scene gets me every time. 

‘Maybe you’ll get a look a likely of me’

’Youre not nearly famous enough’

Very good show. Much better than was expecting.

On 10/03/2019 at 13:12, Gashauskis9 said:

“What do you get when you cross a disabled octopus with my ex wife?”  was my personal fave ???

That was a cracking line. :D

I'm not a tremendous Gervais fan but I just binge-watched the series and was in tears, of both laughter and sadness, quite a bit of the time. Brilliantly done.

Салатные палочки
14 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Loved it.

Does anybody else watch too much Gervais shows and notice him plagiarizing his own material.

93 year old not being scared for life is in an episode of the Ricky Gervais show.

It was also in one of his stand up shows.

Samuel Camazzola

Amazingly written and perfectly underplayed again. Perfect TV! 

The scene with the charity workers was superb! ? 

tokyowalnut

Just unexpectedly binged watched this. At times I saw myself, it was quite devastating and sad. Very real. Very well written. I'm not sure a TV programme has ever had such an impact on me.

I don't even like Ricky Gervais that much.

I’ve started watching it tonight. My ex wife who was still a part of my life died at the end of last year and this is so well observed it’s totally knocking me sideways. Beautifully written piece of work. 

gashauskis9
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I made it to the end of episode 4 and had to give up as I was a snottery mess. 

Episode 5 will be uplifting for you chief ?.  Contains possibly the greatest comedy scene ever made involving breast milk and vaginal yeast ?

I P Knightley
On 16/03/2019 at 12:07, Gashauskis9 said:

Episode 5 will be uplifting for you chief ?.  Contains possibly the greatest comedy scene ever made involving breast milk and vaginal yeast ?

The competition for that particular accolade must be fierce :D

Watched all 6 episodes in one go, enjoyed it but strangely not the supposed funny bits.

The wife thought it was hilarious, probably highlights the difference between her mental state and mine. :( 

12 hours ago, graygo said:

Watched all 6 episodes in one go, enjoyed it but strangely not the supposed funny bits.

The wife thought it was hilarious, probably highlights the difference between her mental state and mine. :( 

I didn't think it was side splittingly funny but I thoroughly enjoyed it all the same.