Vanecek and Wighton

tartofmidlothian

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Prof said:

I can only assume that those who think CL has Hearts progressing with the likes of Uche and Vanacek are either deaf to the groans in the crowd or don't actually watch the team. 

The only groans I hear when Uche has the ball is when the ref gives a foul against him for being rugby tackled by 2 or 3 defenders.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prof

• Nookie Bear

• tartofmidlothian

• Notts1874

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Prof said:

I can only assume that those who think CL has Hearts progressing with the likes of Uche and Vanacek are either deaf to the groans in the crowd or don't actually watch the team. 

Or we use facts. 

Lc- progress 

League - 5th is progress 

Sc semi of final is progress,technically even  a replay in the qf, is progress v last year. 

So, the folk that think CL has made progress are actually 100% correct. 

You may have a point about the progress being fast enough and is he the right man to take us further, but he has made progress on all fronts so far. 

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Serious question - do you actually attend Hearts games?  Some of the guff you post calls that into question.

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or we use facts. 

Lc- progress 

League - 5th is progress 

Sc semi of final is progress,technically even  a replay in the qf, is progress v last year. 

You may have a point about the progress being fast enough and is he the right man to take us further, but he has made progress on all fronts so far. 

Last season we had 49 points from 38 games.

This season we have 47 from 29 so far.

We will pick up at least another 10 + points (13 if Hibs are in the top 6) from the remaining games.

30 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or we use facts. 

Lc- progress 

League - 5th is progress 

LC - horsed in semi

League -5th????? RN had us second and playing attacking football. Yet the CL lovers wanted him away.

SC- we haven't played one decent team but are still making heavy weather of it. 

I've been watching Hearts since 1958 and the current team is closer to the dross we had in the 70's. Hoofball may be CL's way but it's not Hearts way. Our club can boast that we are the highest scoring club in a season in the top flight of Scottish Football and we also set a goal scoring record when we won the Championship. These records weren't  achieved by hoofing the ball up to two big hulking centre forwards.

Ibrahim Tall
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

LC - horsed in semi

League -5th????? RN had us second and playing attacking football. Yet the CL lovers wanted him away.

I've been watching Hearts since 1958 and the current team is closer to the dross we had in the 70's. Hoofball may be CL's way but it's not Hearts way. Our club can boast that we are the highest scoring club in a season in the top flight of Scottish Football and we also set a goal scoring record when we won the Championship. These records weren't  achieved by hoofing the ball up to two big hulking centre forwards.

The 'hearts way' is something achieved in the 50's? 

We rightly criticise the "famous Aberdeen" for living in the past for going about the 80's and your using 70 years ago as a yardstick for today's team? Really..

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Prof said:

LC - horsed in semi

You must have been totally wasted in the 70's if you think this team is anywhere close to the dross we witnessed back in the day.

Remind me again of all the international capped players I witnessed back in the 70's. Full or all under age groups.

Nookie Bear

To go back to the OP, it's utterly laughable how anyone can believe Craig Wighton is the answer to any question we have at the moment*

10 goals in 102 appearances :lol:

No top flight goal since 2017 :lol:

Knee ligament injury :mad:

£250k :lol::lol:

* unless the question is "Which player did we chuck £250k on in a panic buy in season 2018-19 under the bizarre rebranding of any gamble now being seen as a Project?"

When he scores his 50th goal for us, feel free to bookmark this and throw it in my face. I'll not be anticipating your call anytime soon.

Edit: make that 10th goal.

doctor jambo
23 minutes ago, Prof said:

LC - horsed in semi

I suspect, though cannot prove ( and neither can you counterwise) that the RN haters are the same mob that are now the CL haters

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Prof said:

LC - horsed in semi

Still progress. 

You said we weren't making progress. 

I ou are incorrect. 

CL backers don't think we have progressed, we know we have. 

We still have a possible cup and 3rd/4th to play for as well. 

I don't want to argue with you as you seem a decent guy, but to have a real debate about who takes us forward folk need to seperate the emotional element from the reality. 

Comparing our club to the yo yo team of the 70's team is just daft as is expecting a return to the 60's success and we if we don't achieve that, sacking the manager. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Last season we had 49 points from 38 games.

This season we have 47 from 29 so far.

We will pick up at least another 10 + points (13 if Hibs are in the top 6) from the remaining games.

I think we'll end up 4th but can see us beating Hamilton away and hibs and Aberdeen at home. 

Do that and we might get third. 

Might not be free flowing samba, Spanish tyoe hibs football everyone wants, but I think we'll win these games. 

Throw in a cup win over Partick and we'll be sitting pretty. 

On 09/03/2019 at 16:59, jonnothejambo said:

I wasn't there but they were both shite. 

Am I doing this right ? 

Add “And it’s Levein’s fault” and bullseye

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think we'll end up 4th but can see us beating Hamilton away and hibs and Aberdeen at home. 

Do that and we might get third. 

Might not be free flowing samba, Spanish tyoe hibs football everyone wants, but I think we'll win these games. 

Throw in a cup win over Partick and we'll be sitting pretty. 

I think we'll finish 4th as well. Which would be a decent result, but probably a bit like Neilson's first season in the Premiership, where we were so close to Aberdeen that it really let us rue all the little tactical missteps, under par performances and games where we tried to close out a one goal lead and didn't manage it.

Scattergun forward signings.  A hold up player in Uche but the only midfield runners in Callachan and Cowie gone.  Poor as they were they at least tried to get beyond the strikers.  A penalty box striker in Vanacek and no one to put in crosses or balls into the box.  As the lightweight never plays option is Wighton really any better than Martin.  And MacLean who was brought in to hold onto one nil wins.  He has been terrible. 

Is it any surprise that with that lot and Naismith regularly out we score no goals?

Was Vanecek injured on Tuesday or just dropped?  Find it odd Levein was talking about persisting with him and Uche on Monday and he's not even on the bench the day after.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Guest Paul Allen
15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Was Vanecek injured on Tuesday or just dropped?  Find it odd Levein was talking about persisting with him and Uche on Monday and he's not even on the bench the day after.

I thought Vanecek looked quite slow and weak against Dundee, and I'm not very impressed by him so far.

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

I thought Vanecek looked quite slow and weak against Dundee, and I'm not very impressed by him so far.

I cant imagine theres been anyone impressed with him so far. And that's not counting us. The fans. He'd have to improve quite a bit to ever hope to see that club option kicking in.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He was sitting in front of me with his wife and daughter on Tuesday. Even stayed until full time :D

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

CL playing mind games with Partick?