Vanecek and Wighton

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Good to see them both getting some decent game time at Dundee, any of the away team want to report back on how they got on?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prof

• Nookie Bear

• tartofmidlothian

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wasn't there but they were both shite. 

Am I doing this right ? 

?? according to guys beside me at the game , Wighton was in for 30 secs didn't control the ball and was subsequently called a waste of ****in space. We have some cretins in our support.

3 minutes ago, Jenks said:

?? according to guys beside me at the game , Wighton was in for 30 secs didn't control the ball and was subsequently called a waste of ****in space. We have some cretins in our support.

Doesn't take a performance today to know that Wighton will never be good enough to play for us regularly.  He's murder tbf.

I feel a bit sorry for Vanecek I don't think Craig has helped him, he looked mince but compare  with Clare when he first arrived and not much difference !!

Wighton played fine for his cameo role. Took a right sore one in a tackle late on. Vanacek was pretty anonymous.

Edited by tcjambo

8 minutes ago, Morph said:

Doesn't take a performance today to know that Wighton will never be good enough to play for us regularly.  He's murder tbf.

I don't agree. He has plenty skill but needs an injury-free run to develop.

Vanacek the warrior looks like a complete dud so far, offered very little today, I fear for him#do yir talking on the pitch no aff it...

Tynecastlesmychurch

Not sure I'd blame Vanacek just yet lads. We're just not very good going forward. When we start getting our strikers actual service then we'll have a better idea of what his qualities are.

1 minute ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Not sure I'd blame Vanacek just yet lads. We're just not very good going forward. When we start getting our strikers actual service then we'll have a better idea of what his qualities are.

Performance was on a par with his poor showing against Partick Reserves (U18s really) on Tuesday. Headless chicken jogging around aimlessly

3 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Tend to agree. Going by his goals at his last club he was the guy getting on the end of things. Our supply is a joke

6 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I wasn't there today, but this is where I'm at.  The middle of the park is where our problems lie, making it hard to judge just how effective our strikers might be.

I  know I seen Bohemian Rhapsody recently but I read the topic as:

Vanacek and Wighton
Very, very frightening me.
(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro

Phil Dunphy

Gave Vanecek absolutely **** all to work with. We created absolutely nothing all game, so folk saying he was shite are being stupidly critical. 

Wighton looked bright when he came on. Went on a good run, megging someone in the process before being crowded out. 

A game where no-one played particularly well, but got the job done. 

18 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Agreed.

We put our crosses in from too far out . It means any cross to the forwads oten just get caught by the gaolie or drift over the bye line. Morrison seems to rarely get behind the full back although today he wasn't as bad as I've seen.

26 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Far too sensible a comment for this place.  The service our forward players get just now is woeful. 

scott herbertson
22 minutes ago, geomac said:

I  know I seen Bohemian Rhapsody recently but I read the topic as:

Vanacek and Wighton
Very, very frightening me.
Ollylee-o Ollylee-o
Ollylee-o Ollylee-o

Ollylee-Garuchio-o-o-o-o

remixed that for you

Edited by scott herbertson

Typical CL set up. Two cart horses up front. Wighton needs game time but Uche and Vanacek are already looking like complete duds as far as goal scoring goes.

Rocky jamboa

Vanacek was pretty disappointing, with this being a big chance for him to show what he's about. For a big guy, I can't remember him winning anything in the air. 

Having said that, would give him a run in the team, to see how he does and maybe needs time to get up to speed with the game here. Can't be any worse than McLean! 

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Typical CL set up. Two cart horses up front. Wighton needs game time but Uche and Vanacek are already looking like complete duds as far as goal scoring goes.

) Uche a dud wow !!

Edited by steve123

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

remixed that for you

Like it  ?could be on to something here... Zlamal just killed a man

rick witter
4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

) Uche a dud wow !!

Uche has the potential to be excellent I think but we create so little it’s hard to even know what his finishing is like. Every chance he gets he seems to create for himself. 

We must get more creative players in this summer. 

Striking partnerships need time to develop and today Uche and Vanecek were both guilty of going for the same ball.

second half was like Firhill and just containing instead of going for the jugular 

another cautious away day approach 

Edited by BelgeJambo

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Uche has the potential to be excellent I think but we create so little it’s hard to even know what his finishing is like. Every chance he gets he seems to create for himself. 

Totally agree he works his heart out but needs support,in my humble opinion he would be the last person in the team I was having a go at.

Edited by steve123

Cruyff Turn

Tbf, if we had actual wide players who could cross and if we played something that resembled football, Vanecek might be able to do the things he’s good at. 

I genuinely think Vanacek thought he'd just turn up in this mickey mouse league and be an instant hero, big mistake. He seems like he's either in shock or just totally lost ? His confidence looks gone. Wighton has a ton of ability imo, and given time might just prove to be an excellent player for us. The thing is that I reckon if either or both are going to make it, It'll be next season when their worth will show up.

Maybe I'ts just me but we always seem to be waiting till the following season for so many new players to come good. It is what it is though so Fingers crossed.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Got to agree. 

How hard can it be to get into the final third and get a cross in. We should be doing it a out 20 times a game. We haven't done it 20 times since Xmas. No point having Uche and vanecek up front and then lumping it straight down the middle. Impossible to judge Vanacek fairly

Edited by jambopilms

The White Cockade

Was looking forward to seeing Vanacek but has done absolutely nothing so far

and looks very, very slow

In his defence if he is a penalty box striker who gets on the end of crosses and cutbacks

he's at the the wrong team because we are getting more negative by the week

I thought Wighton looked good when he came on good control and sharp passing although maybe a bit lightweight

Guess The Crowd
30 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

remixed that for you

I see an Uche Ikpeazu of a man,

He’s a brute, he’s a brute, he can do the Fandango 

OmiyaHearts

We create nothing for our forwards. Their scoring stats this season speaks volumes. It’s easy to criticise both as they don’t look very good, but if they’re not even getting a shot at goal, what chance do they have?

It’s likely both will end the season without a league goal. Uche got an extension and will probably finish on 1 goal. Great times.

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We create nothing for our forwards. Their scoring stats this season speaks volumes. It’s easy to criticise both as they don’t look very good, but if they’re not even getting a shot at goal, what chance do they have?

It’s likely both will end the season without a league goal. Uche got an extension and will probably finish on 1 goal. Great times.

Oh dear, read Uche's stats and edit your post

Hibe still seem to have guys who bang in goals regularly.  We don't other than Naismith.   Other than the Championship we don't seem to ever have forwards who are regular goalscorers.

Vanecek is not really a physical player. He’s big, but actually he prefers to come off his man, lay it off then get into the box. And not necessarily at pace. He’s clearly come from a slower pace of football. He’s a bigger version of Steven McLean. 

Vanacek was anonymous, I thought once wighton came on we at least tried to keep the ball on the deck for a few passes.

Cruyff Turn
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hibe still seem to have guys who bang in goals regularly.  We don't other than Naismith.   Other than the Championship we don't seem to ever have forwards who are regular goalscorers.

We’ll never know unless we create chances for them. 

Wighton looked lively made a good run beat a couple of players, but nothing came of it. Vanecek for me offered pretty much nothing but the ball spent 70% of the time in the air being headered back and forth.

Tenaciousdandy

hope i'm wrong but really cant see vanecek being a success with us, don't think our style of play is suited to him, obviously not seen a lot of him but he looks like a ball to feet type of player

1 hour ago, gedster said:

Performance was on a par with his poor showing against Partick Reserves (U18s really) on Tuesday. Headless chicken jogging around aimlessly

Wasn't at the reserve game but I did read he assisted with a nice threaded through ball?

In the limited amount I've seen him he's dropped deep at times (which CL doesn't seem to like) but it just looks like he is used to being in a team that actually wants to play football and has outlets out wide. We are rotten just now I'm not writing him off yet. However it would be typical of us if he goes on to fail, leave, then go back to being a goal machine

Mr Elwood P
44 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That’s the spirit mate. Hearts wouldn’t be the same without you devotion and support.

tartofmidlothian
58 minutes ago, usagi said:

I genuinely think Vanacek thought he'd just turn up in this mickey mouse league and be an instant hero, big mistake. He seems like he's either in shock or just totally lost ? His confidence looks gone. Wighton has a ton of ability imo, and given time might just prove to be an excellent player for us. The thing is that I reckon if either or both are going to make it, It'll be next season when their worth will show up.

Maybe I'ts just me but we always seem to be waiting till the following season for so many new players to come good. It is what it is though so Fingers crossed.

I'd like to see them both get a couple of goals before the season's end so we know there's something there, especially Wighton. Not asking for miracles or anything prolific... yet.