Lets stop this mindless behaviour

jamtartan74

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

to some extent that's true but did this guy not jump over in their 'high risk' area next to the Rangers fans. Surely the Police/Security should have had their eyes facing the fans and if they had would have stopped this.

I may be wrong here but did he not actually come down the steps from higher up in the stand and actually pass a steward on his way down the last few steps before jumping the barrier onto the trackside. The last time I saw someone doing similar was the incident at Tynecastle where it appeared a HMFC fan wanted to get down the front and have a word with someone on the park, but drink took over and he ended up doing a henner over the barrier, which in itself deserved 10/10 for technical merit marks.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

Hibs threatening to close the stand or part of it is a positive move.

Working out actual punishments for clubs would be a start.

But I agree those responsible for the incidents should get the main punishment. Closing the section around where they sit could be a start. 

Nookie Bear

Ok numbers alone, there is no reason why hibs can’t shit the front section of that stand. That would be a start. 

40 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Its getting ridiculous how frequent this is happening now in games. These guys obviously take the "I pay my money I can do what I want" a bit too literally. Its time all clubs started to act we need to hammer this out the game as quick as possible before something major happens. What are clubs, authorities etc waiting for? That bottle to hit a player the next time and knock them out? The fan that jumps the boards to confront a player to punch them or pull a knife on them? A game of football is a place to go enjoy the game forget about work etc from the week previous and just focus on your team for 90 mins, not to go and act like a complete bellend throwing coins at players or managers or glass bottles of buckie at players when taking corners or confronting players at the side of the pitch. The sooner we get these wee neds out the game the better.

Taking the Partick game and Hearts 'fans' throwing coins I just don't understand how stewards couldn't identify people.

I know we're then into "Police say it's safer nor to arrest troublemakers" but if there's an offence it has to be tackled. 

People clearly think they can get away with stuff just now.

Edited by Mikey1874

haveyouheard 22
12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Stewards are pretty shit at Scottish matches - most of them are bottle merchants and don't keep an eye on the fans.

This was on the stroke of Half Time FFS

Most are limited and  vacant but why put yer safety on line for a poor wage..Cheap option for clubs 

John Findlay

Personally I'm a firm believer in prevention is better than cure. Alas in modern society it is neither.

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I disagree. It was the first attempt in my lifetime to tackle sectarianism and Kelly and his cohort knew they had to stop it.  It's no surprise behaviour has regressed since cos these bams are encouraged. Every away game I have attended this season particularly at Fester has been like stepping back to the 80s.

I think to many are focusing on Kelly, who may well have had his own motives, and missing the greater picture.

OBAFA was brought in after Lennon and McCoist had a 5 second argument. At the time we were having 1 or 2 major incidents a year, now we seem to have 1 or 2 a week.

I think this was started by introducing this legislation, not getting rid of it.

The Act was really aimed at our 2 biggest clubs each who have a deeply embedded culture which meant both sides were always going to rebel at what they perceived was an attack on said culture.

The more they pushed back against the Act, the more other people came to think of this as normal behaviour and eventually this has spread to “fans” of other clubs leading us to where we are now.

My solution would be that the police have to take action at the time even if that means, in the short term, more disorder when they move in to make an arrest.

Knocking on doors a week later clearly isn’t working.

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Most are limited and  vacant but why put yer safety on line for a poor wage..Cheap option for clubs 

You shouldn't need stewards Ffs. 

They are there to keep people safe, not interfere in mindless moronic braindeads that can't tie their own shoelaces.

ToadKiller Dog

High profile games need more properly trained qualified stewards rather than kids pulled off the dole que. 

Proper checks at high profile games  the entrances with more visable police presence. People clearly too drunk or clearly under the influence of drugs refused entrance. 

Won't stop every look at me Jeremy Kyle Ned wanting to make an arse of themselves , but high visual and proactive policing /stewarding will help. 

gorgieheart
12 hours ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Didn’t think it was all that bad.

For 10 seconds of stupidity the boy will get jailed and may lose his job.

He picked the wrong week/year to do what he done but shit like that has been going down since I started following football in 1983.

.ah. that's ok then, just let the arseholes continue to be arseholes... fair enough...! 

Seriously,  the boy should be jailed, should be emptied from his job... If the wee pr1ck has one...

Nobody made him climb from his seat and decide to go onto the pitch.. his choice, his sentence.. 

Just because it's happened before, doesn't mean we just let it happen again and again and again 

The game is under the spotlight,  the fools who claim to run the SFA and SPFL have to now be seen to actually do something about the growing number of utter bellends attending games 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fair play to Dempster btw. Spoke well.

I agree. Compare and contrast with the tache. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ok numbers alone, there is no reason why hibs can’t shit the front section of that stand. That would be a start. 

I’ll shit in for them if they need volunteers...

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ll shit in for them if they need volunteers...

Oops, Freudian slip there :lol: :facepalm:

I have 2 points:

1) The police stating that security is the responsibility of the clubs. The police are not there to steward the crowd.

2) The clubs appointing a private company to carry out stewarding based on cheapest offer.

The Scottish government, the SFA and SPFL need to get stewarding sorted before somebody gets killed.  No more blind eyes towards the OF due to who they are.

Hats off to whoever pointed out that this always seems to happen at evening games.

Imagine the carnage if an OF game was held at night. The police would never allow it. 

alwaysthereinspirit
15 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

After yet another incident in Scottish football, it is time to call these idiots out before things escalate to something more serious. Unfortunately I posted something earlier in jest which predictably happened tonight, but it’s not in isolation, it’s happening all across the game, it has to stop before someone gets seriously hurt.

What can we do about it? We as supporters need to call out these idiots who are shaming all our clubs, it’s unacceptable behaviour. 

It it won’t be long before sections of stadiums are closed off or even games being played behind closed doors unless we put an end to this, is that what it will take? Let’s hope not as we all know that either us or our city neighbours will be the 1st ones to feel the brunt of it. 

Impossible to stop what happened last night. Unless is was pre planned beforehand to friends or said at the game loud enough for others around him to hear.

If he just jumped out off his seat and did that then there is no stopping him. It’s all ready to late. 

9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Hats off to whoever pointed out that this always seems to happen at evening games.

Imagine the carnage if an OF game was held at night. The police would never allow it. 

The 1999 Parkhead old firm debacle put pay to that.

No easy answer as night games are now a normal part of the football calendar because of International weekends and TV.

You’ll see that when the fixtures are released.

The only way this ends is strict liability, in some shape or form 

Hearts and Hibs should lead the way on this, isolating the OF, who will eventually fold IMO

It really isn’t complicated - a few points deductions will quickly lead to self-policing and better conduct, at least inside stadiums. 

In among all the whatabootery, I have yet to see a convincing argument against this.

16 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Hearts and Hibs should lead the way on this, isolating the OF, who will eventually fold IMO

It really isn’t complicated - a few points deductions will quickly lead to self-policing and better conduct, at least inside stadiums. 

In among all the whatabootery, I have yet to see a convincing argument against this.

What about if a Hibs fans buys a ticket for the Hearts end and throws a bottle onto the pitch?

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

What about if a Hibs fans buys a ticket for the Hearts end and throws a bottle onto the pitch?

I’m pretty sure background checks would prove his true allegiance. 

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

They're not even allowed 3pm kick offs because of the potential for even worse behaviour.

19 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

No it isn’t. Harsher criminal punishments for the halfwits that do this is a better solution. 

Why punish the clubs- the idiots who do shit like tonight won’t give a flying **** or half enough brains to think about consequences of their actions. Also could lead to idiots who don’t support clubs getting them into bother - Celtic 3 points ahead of rangers in league run in, rangers fan goes to parkhead and chucks coins/runs on pitch... 

strict liability also punishes the overriding majority of gd honest fans who pay their hard earned wages to attend games.

Punish the folk that do this and no one else.

Spot on. How about the cops actually taking on the erses at the time it happens. It's not enough to do this softly softly approach where it appears to those involved and watching that no action is being taken. Justice needs to be seen to be done. There are spotters in the crowd amongst the idiots. The action taken needs to be more direct and visible.

As for the bottle incidents at Easter Road...what on earth is going on when an offence like that is committed and the ref is the one  who handles the evidence, then passes it on to someone else to handle it...surely the ref can allow one of the cops watching the game to pick it up and bag it as evidence. 

Wouldnt be that surprising if DNA/fingerprints could link it to an owner now or some point in future. Might make folk think twice if it's seen to be bagged as evidence immediately 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, stan said:

As for the bottle incidents at Easter Road...what on earth is going on when an offence like that is committed and the ref is the one  who handles the evidence, then passes it on to someone else to handle it...surely the ref can allow one of the cops watching the game to pick it up and bag it as evidence. 

Wouldnt be that surprising if DNA/fingerprints could link it to an owner now or some point in future. Might make folk think twice if it's seen to be bagged as evidence immediately 

Spot on. Ridiculous that the ref had to deal with it all. 

Phil Dunphy
19 hours ago, ethan14 said:

She forgot to mention the 90 mins of unsavoury singing though, a bigger problem than a drunk idiot 

WHATABOUTERY KLAXON ?

Devil'sadvocate here

Does what happens on the park create an atmosphere of lawlessness?

Players showing little or no respect for authority

Cheating.  (gaining or attempting to gain an unfair advantage).

All of this behaviour being condoned by the media and media pundits.

Continual questioning of decisions with the benefit of hindsight undermining officials.

2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Jeez man that is classic whatabootery - I’m talking about practicality, not hypotheticals. The club’s just need to get on with it, as I said, it isn’t complicated 

While there has been a recent spate of incidents which the media are going to town on this in the last couple of weeks. Hugh Dallas was hit with a coin at Celtic park a long time ago, then we had the lad attacking Lennon, we saw an Aberdeen fan hit a Hearts player with a tv mic, celtic wrecking fir park, rangers fans on the pitch more than once this season, the cup final pitch invasion the list is endless. Then we have offensive banners and finally what actually kicked off this new media spotlight the sectarian behaviour of the old firm.

Scottish football is inadequately policed it’s that simple. Police budgets have been slashed and they simply don’t have the man power to deal with high profile games. They had the Easter road cat A game yesterday plus 20k welsh fans in town the rugby today and your usual weekend crimes.

Edited by Rudy T

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

You shouldn't need stewards Ffs. 

They are there to keep people safe, not interfere in mindless moronic braindeads that can't tie their own shoelaces.

Correct AD paid min wage for that carry on, 

Sexton Hardcastle

So now all the rangers fans who took the mick out of Clarke the other week are now up in arms at the Aberdeen fans singing last night.

Didnt take them long to make it all about them and play the ‘victim’.

Again, it’s a nap a non old firm team will be the first to be made an example of.

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So now all the rangers fans who took the mick out of Clarke the other week are now up in arms at the Aberdeen fans singing last night.

Didnt take them long to make it all about them and play the ‘victim’.

Again, it’s a nap a non old firm team will be the first to be made an example of.

What’s this? Missed this one?

On 08/03/2019 at 22:44, campbell said:

I applaud her for coming out in the media and calling out these “fans” we need all senior people at all clubs to do the same along with working with the police the governing body, fans groups and also really following through on tough actions against idiots like this! 

Strong words from Leeann Sturgeon.

Leann is well versed on this subject.  I seem to remember that one ot two hibs supporters came on to the pitch after a Scottish Cup final.

On 10/03/2019 at 02:56, Craig_ said:

Given that the two Glasgow clubs embrace sectarian hatred with a passion, what about giving them a kick off time of 8.00am for all their games for a trial period?  I would suggest a 20 year trial.

The isolated incidents with other clubs (other than our neighbours infamous pitch invasion) are trivial and very rare by comparison.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1436253-police-probe-sectarian-chants-towards-steven-gerrard/

Must say, I laughed. Poor soul Rangers fans get upset and report nasty sheep.

Probably the "sad FB and a shite football team"

at Ibrox :rofl:

Good to see Lennon being “hit on the jaw” is now accepted as fact, judging by the story.  In fact, the incident takes up more words than whatever Aberdeen did. 

Rangets can GTF on this, by the way. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given that the two Glasgow clubs embrace sectarian hatred with a passion, what about giving them a kick off time of 8.00am for all their games for a trial period?  I would suggest a 20 year trial.

The isolated incidents with other clubs (other than our neighbours infamous pitch invasion) are trivial and very rare by comparison.

Nah give them 8pm on a Saturday night and provide them with free alcohol all day. 

I’ll get the popcorn in. 

highlandjambo3
On 09/03/2019 at 11:24, Jarhead said:

I think to many are focusing on Kelly, who may well have had his own motives, and missing the greater picture.

OBAFA was brought in after Lennon and McCoist had a 5 second argument. At the time we were having 1 or 2 major incidents a year, now we seem to have 1 or 2 a week.

I think this was started by introducing this legislation, not getting rid of it.

The Act was really aimed at our 2 biggest clubs each who have a deeply embedded culture which meant both sides were always going to rebel at what they perceived was an attack on said culture.

The more they pushed back against the Act, the more other people came to think of this as normal behaviour and eventually this has spread to “fans” of other clubs leading us to where we are now.

My solution would be that the police have to take action at the time even if that means, in the short term, more disorder when they move in to make an arrest.

Knocking on doors a week later clearly isn’t working.

Careful now.... ref your last paragraph, I was called. F****g moron last week for daring to suggest the police should go in by some fence sitter on here whom when challenged did not have a solution to the problem.

On 09/03/2019 at 18:44, portobellojambo1 said:

Is the correct answer. Listen to the comments of Chris Sutton about the actions of the guy that ran on to have a kick at the ball at Easter Road last night. Then search if you want and see if you can find any comments made by the same Sutton about those fans who have turned up at Tynecastle to sing the praises of Irish Republican terrorists, spread their own shit on the walls of the toilets in the Roseburn stand and both assaulted and robbed the youngsters who are employed to provide a service in the outlets on the same stand's concourse. In addition you could target those visiting fans from the other side of the OF. But no, nothing about that, in fact both sides of the OF are loving what is happening at the moment as it deflects blame away from them. It doesn't help that when they do things inside Tynecastle people then say we can do nothing about it because they are visiting fans, which is bullshit. While they are in our stadium or we are visiting any other football stadium all are subject to the rules which govern the relevant stadium in question. Nothing is done because no one has the fecking balls to do it, and the "unbiased" people involved in TV presentation of Scottish football use daft things like last night's incident as a means of deflecting away from the major problems in Scottish football.

You are spot on , however our leadership is weak as feck , they should be out condemning the behaviour of the OF fans when they are playing us, instead its silence ........... there lies one of the problems 

Bazzas right boot
On 09/03/2019 at 17:07, dc-jambo said:

Ofc the top of my head. 

In terms of running onto the pitch, flares etc A fan of another team or even a fan of that team paid to disrupt the game in order to get points deducted would be an argument against it. 

Ie. Hibs fan In Hearts end, throws a few flares then leaves. 

In terms of sectererian singing, then yes, maybe. 

I agree on strict liability in principal, but there is no appetite for it. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Leann is well versed on this subject.  I seem to remember that one ot two hibs supporters came on to the pitch after a Scottish Cup final.

Hibs and rangers fans. 

The way things are playing out atm I would suggest that if it had just been hibs fans there would have been a punishment, but  as rangers fans also entered the pitch, then sang Billy boys- fenian blood version and were on the pitch with the hibs fans the SFA just went sweep, sweep, cba with this. 

That is the cynic in me. 

Nookie Bear
49 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hibs and rangers fans. 

The way things are playing out atm I would suggest that if it had just been hibs fans there would have been a punishment, but  as rangers fans also entered the pitch, then sang Billy boys- fenian blood version and were on the pitch with the hibs fans the SFA just went sweep, sweep, cba with this. 

That is the cynic in me. 

Rangers fans would not have gone anywhere near the pitch had hibs not been on the pitch, at their end of the ground, goading them. Hearts fans would have reacted the same way to it.

But you're right in that the punishment for both clubs was watered down because it was rangers, and also because Petrie is somehow a respected figure behind closed doors.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ofc the top of my head. 

In terms of running onto the pitch, flares etc A fan of another team or even a fan of that team paid to disrupt the game in order to get points deducted would be an argument against it. 

Ie. Hibs fan In Hearts end, throws a few flares then leaves. 

In terms of sectererian singing, then yes, maybe. 

I agree on strict liability in principal, but there is no appetite for it. 

Hearts require anyone who wants to buy a ticket for a Category A game at Tynecastle to have a purchase history. Should strict liability come in, perhaps the club would change that to requiring a set number of Loyalty Points. 

I highly doubt any Hibs fan could just get their hands on a ticket for the Hearts end at Tynecastle on a whim. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hearts require anyone who wants to buy a ticket for a Category A game at Tynecastle to have a purchase history. Should strict liability come in, perhaps the club would change that to requiring a set number of Loyalty Points. 

I highly doubt any Hibs fan could just get their hands on a ticket for the Hearts end at Tynecastle on a whim. 

A Hearts fan could buy it then sell it. 

Look at segios or green gingers obsession as well, not beyond a certain type to build up lp to do this. 

Outwith Edinburgh-

Ranger/ celtic 

Aberdeen / rangers. 

There are some deranged folk/ groups, especially if it meant points being deducted. 

It's not quite as  bullet proof as maybe it should be if strict liability came about. 

I'm in favour of strict liability, but when there's is such obvious holes in it, I can see why, especially from a legal point of view clubs are wary. 

Also, if an individual did cost Hearts a cup tie or a league place by say, running on the pitch and punching a manager, he'd need protection for life. 

I'm in favour of something, but strict liability has concerns that need addressed. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rangers fans would not have gone anywhere near the pitch had hibs not been on the pitch, at their end of the ground, goading them. Hearts fans would have reacted the same way to it.

But you're right in that the punishment for both clubs was watered down because it was rangers, and also because Petrie is somehow a respected figure behind closed doors.

Can't agree there. 

Nah, in a beaten final the beaten fans usually leave, and the winning team gets on with it. 

Seen pitch invasions several times in England with the play offs recently , the beaten teams fans ****s off. 

Motherwell v Rangers as well, Motherwell fans ran on the pitch to celebrate, rangers fans decided to stay and fight. 

Hibs fans are arseholes, rangers fans just as much for not leaving them imo. 

Not arguing about who has the biggest arsehole fans, rangers or hibs. Rangers and celtic are so far out in front imo it's not even a debate. 

My point was regrading action, imo if it had only been hibs there would have been some SFA action, because rangers were involved and had it been brought further then the clear sectererian issue would have needed addressed so rather than deal with hibs, they just thought, **** it, not worth the hassle. Move on. 

I think joining the dots, although you mention Petrie,  I think the SFA are avoiding dealing with Celtic / rangers at all costs. At the time I might have agreed, but recent events suggest a real issue with the SFA and all football commentaries avoiding the celtic / rangers issue. 

Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen come down hard on. Big media coverage. 

The OF, no problem there? 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Phil Dunphy
25 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also, if an individual did cost Hearts a cup tie or a league place by say, running on the pitch and punching a manager, he'd need protection for life.

So the system would cause individuals to think twice about doing something so stupid because they’d suffer for it?

Sounds good to me.