Lets stop this mindless behaviour

jamtartan74

It’s not an excuse but high profile games with potential to be volatile should never be on a Friday or Saturday night.Rangers v Celtic on a Friday night no chance,we need to stop pandering to the tv companies,and before anyone says they pay there money so we have no choice ,  what games will they show if we start having to play bigger games behind closed doors.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

Theres no excuse for it. Strict liability needs to come in, too many incidents happening now. When do we finally act? When a player is injured by a fan? Loses an eye to a coin? Gets a dig in the face?

Scottish football is so reactionary I would actually not be annoyed if the government stepped in and made it a condition to being allowed to stage high attendance events. If the SFA aren't going to act, someone needs to. 

13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

you obviously fit into the good guy part of my theory Danny, as do the vast majority of Hearts fans I've met since my dad first took me as a nipper in the 70s. Imagine the seethe if social media existed back then.

I'm pretty sure that you, like me, just want to go to the game, shout yourself hoarse for your team, and, hopefully, go home happy. That doesn't preclude shouting a bit of football related abuse at the opposition and the officials, but when it becomes racist, sectarian or deeply personal towards a player, I'm out. I have, and will again, call out people I hear at that sort of crap, I'm also aware I could get a kicking for it, but I'm sick of it. It seems the club line for reporting these things isn't happening , or maybe just isn't being used. I might try it sometime. I've also been accused of being " no a proper Jambo" or worse. Believe me, I'm maroon in the face by the end of a game shouting for my team, and I can lose the rag with the best of them, but I HATE the kind of behaviour we're seeing re-emerge. I saw it in the seventies and the eighties, less so in the nineties, I don't want it coming back. Anyway, need to hit the sack now. Goodnight Jambos.

Maroon Sailor

IMG_3571.thumb.JPG.c7796a394ff4272d302502d7cc633ce1.JPG

From Cockenzie apparently

He's definitely the first four letters from where he's from

1 hour ago, Fly the Saltire said:

After the last bout of moronic behavior the Scottish Gov introduced the OFBFA  legislation but  Labour's James Kelly, son of Celtic Chairman,  led campaign  to oppose this on basis that his morons shouldn't be dealt with on the same basis as the Ibrox Orange bigots.  Then the Tory and Lib Dems who don't go to regular football matches voted to  repealed the Bill as they thought this was a good idea to bash the SNP.  without coming up with a sensible alternative.

Since them the problem has got worse  so you know who to blame.

So far off the mark it's scary.

If this was some SNP bad conspiracy then what was the Greens excuse for voting down the legislation?

OBAFA was the Scottish equivalent of The Dangerous Dogs Act. Making it look like they were doing something but completely pointless and unenforceable.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Such anger.

Merely my opinion.

The boy was drunk and tried to kick a football.

Many more deserving cases will escape arrest and sentencing all over Edinburgh tonight.

Wrong place. Wrong time. 

I’ve been reading about him on Facebook tonight and I know the guys personally who were talking about him so I tend to believe it. Caused some disturbance and was throwing glass’s at a guy at a Remembrance Day in port seton bowling club and then apparently returned with a knife. Boy sounds a complete wank and needs a wake up call. 

spirt of 98

Apparently all the Hibbies are on the Charlie prior to games these days. According to Hibbies I know it’s rife in their support. 

WheatfieldWarrior
39 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Cannae even afford a belt............Hibs Class...

First of all, like many people who post here I grew up watching games from behind a fence every week. Nobody wants to go back to that. However without any physical barrier if you have fans drunk and aggressive or agitated by cocaine then you need to steward crowds in a very different manner. The attitude of "we'll catch them later on cctv" means there is no intervention by authorities at the time so there is no immediate deterrent. We have all seen several instances of fans briefly pouring onto the pitch after goals and going unpunished which only emboldens these fools. Police need to be more proactive, their current approach isn't working. 

Fair play to LD , she wants to speak about, but doesn’t have an opion on it ! What was her and the clubs view on the scottish Cup pitch invasion...... that’s right nothing , sets the tone 

You know I’m thinking about this and if the authorities had done the proper thing after their Scottish Cup near riot then perhaps it would of been ok. But they never, and gave the green light for them to attack our goalkeeper, throw bottles , sets of keys, drum sticks, have someone confront a sevco player tonight etc etc. Whatever next from the tribute act ?

they should of been hammered for hampden 2016. But both the SFA and police shat their beds. Now look at it.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Looks proud as punch . Hibs class right there ??

To be fair to dempster, every question that was thrown at her during that interview she answered correctly. No place for people like that in Scottish football no matter which club. Only way this will be sorted is if every club comes together and agrees on punishment for anyone that participates in anything like this.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

For a long, long time the police and SFA have turned a blind eye to issues like this. The only reason they get away with it is because the wider world couldn’t give a toss about Scottish football and the media in Scotland are tepid.

Hibs need hammered for this I am afraid. Cup final and then the recent incidents you can’t really come back with the line the old firm are worse as they are right up there with them. 

We we have some total zoomers in our support as well (Lennon coin) so this should serve as a warning to all. 

Brighton Jambo
9 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

No it isn’t. Harsher criminal punishments for the halfwits that do this is a better solution. 

Why punish the clubs- the idiots who do shit like tonight won’t give a flying **** or half enough brains to think about consequences of their actions. Also could lead to idiots who don’t support clubs getting them into bother - Celtic 3 points ahead of rangers in league run in, rangers fan goes to parkhead and chucks coins/runs on pitch... 

strict liability also punishes the overriding majority of gd honest fans who pay their hard earned wages to attend games.

Punish the folk that do this and no one else.

I think strict liability is needed for some of these issues.  

If the majority of a stand/ground is singing a sectarian song then the stand should be shut for the next game.

if however it is the actions of one person like last night then I agree it should revert to police action.  

6 hours ago, Jarhead said:

If this was some SNP bad conspiracy then what was the Greens excuse for voting down the legislation?

OBAFA was the Scottish equivalent of The Dangerous Dogs Act. Making it look like they were doing something but completely pointless and unenforceable.

Pretty much on the money.  The boy will have been charged for what he did without the requirement for whatever offences were in the OBFSA.

My understanding is that it is difficult for the SG to legislate for SL as it would mean an outside agency (to FIFA) impacting on competition ie the sanctions have a direct bearing on the team and the club rather than the fans.  The SFA/SFPL is where the solution lies, and therein lies the problem.

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Stewards are pretty shit at Scottish matches - most of them are bottle merchants and don't keep an eye on the fans.

This was on the stroke of Half Time FFS

They are not paid enough to put themselves in front of a potential psycho. 

We have police for that. 

Nookie Bear

Maybe things turned when thousands of fans on the pitch after a Cup Final was explained as “exuberance”. 

Three sets of fans in this country think they are above the law. 

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Celtic dont have a leg to stand on either (see Mbappe incident)

Scottish football is a disgrace 

It really is getting worse and the inaction is unforgivable. Forgot about Mbappe... That was swept under carpet like so many other things. I know SL has issues but it would be one way of getting house in order. Clubs could have a season to stop things before it was introduced as last resort. Things have gone from a wee bit funny (when it's other teams fans) to frustrating to embarrassing and now to downright worrying

Me and a mate were talking about things like this the other day. Going back a few years, i remember seeing the police wading into a crowd to lift people after some incident on more than 1 occasion. I honestly feel that if this was done instead of relying on CCTV and knocking on someone's door a few days later, it would serve as a deterrent, IE it would be obvious that any issue was being dealt with.

We also said that perimeter fences might end up coming back. From someone who spends a lot of time doing risk assessments, to reduce the chance of harm to a player, a barrier between the arseholes in the crowd and the players would help massively, not that I want to see them back again.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Jarhead said:

I disagree. It was the first attempt in my lifetime to tackle sectarianism and Kelly and his cohort knew they had to stop it.  It's no surprise behaviour has regressed since cos these bams are encouraged. Every away game I have attended this season particularly at Fester has been like stepping back to the 80s.

Footballfirst

The boy involved in the Mbappe incident got a 160 hour community service order and a 4 year football banning order. It's not enough for those idiots to make a difference. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Cup final holloganism, racist and sectarian chants , punching Hearts goalie, bottles thrown, coins thrown and many spending their spare time writing long e-mails try to get Hearts bankrupted. Their so called chairman even made snide comments about other clubs winning as he thought unfairly and failed to properly condemn racist comments  on Rudi. Who would that lot as neighbours.

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are not paid enough to put themselves in front of a potential psycho. 

We have police for that. 

But who would enforce 20mph speed limits?

What's quite sad is that we were finally starting to get a mature debate about sectarianism, and instead the media/PTB will be able to brush it under the carpet and focus on the actions of one or two arseholes.

Also, what exactly do the police do? They're happy to charge teams a fortune for games, yet seem utterly unwilling to get involved in any incidents, leaving it to the feckless, underpaid security staff. 

4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

What's quite sad is that we were finally starting to get a mature debate about sectarianism, and instead the media/PTB will be able to brush it under the carpet and focus on the actions of one or two arseholes.

Also, what exactly do the police do? They're happy to charge teams a fortune for games, yet seem utterly unwilling to get involved in any incidents, leaving it to the feckless, underpaid security staff. 

I think the problem with the police is that they have now priced themselves out of the market. Because of the prices they ask for for having officers at the games the clubs only ask for the minimum required and use cheap stewarding for the rest of the “security”.

10 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

After yet another incident in Scottish football, it is time to call these idiots out before things escalate to something more serious. Unfortunately I posted something earlier in jest which predictably happened tonight, but it’s not in isolation, it’s happening all across the game, it has to stop before someone gets seriously hurt.

What can we do about it? We as supporters need to call out these idiots who are shaming all our clubs, it’s unacceptable behaviour. 

It it won’t be long before sections of stadiums are closed off or even games being played behind closed doors unless we put an end to this, is that what it will take? Let’s hope not as we all know that either us or our city neighbours will be the 1st ones to feel the brunt of it. 

In what way would fans be able to stop one utter scumbag jumping onto the trackside and trying to hit a player?  There is nothing that can be done to prevent an incident like last night.

chuck berrys hairline

I'll say it since no one else has. Hibs have a racial problem that's two black players targeted in a week, coincidence not

Watched the incident a few times now and it's obvious the Hibs tramp has snuck down early for a Pie, wandered back up, taken a pussfull and realised he's scrannin a Pie full of rodent Shit. Probably not the 1st time either, leapt over the hoardings an blootered the ball in disgust. I'd have some sympathy but the lucky ******* has gone and got himself a life ban.

There's only one winner here.

portobellojambo1
31 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Is the correct answer. Listen to the comments of Chris Sutton about the actions of the guy that ran on to have a kick at the ball at Easter Road last night. Then search if you want and see if you can find any comments made by the same Sutton about those fans who have turned up at Tynecastle to sing the praises of Irish Republican terrorists, spread their own shit on the walls of the toilets in the Roseburn stand and both assaulted and robbed the youngsters who are employed to provide a service in the outlets on the same stand's concourse. In addition you could target those visiting fans from the other side of the OF. But no, nothing about that, in fact both sides of the OF are loving what is happening at the moment as it deflects blame away from them. It doesn't help that when they do things inside Tynecastle people then say we can do nothing about it because they are visiting fans, which is bullshit. While they are in our stadium or we are visiting any other football stadium all are subject to the rules which govern the relevant stadium in question. Nothing is done because no one has the fecking balls to do it, and the "unbiased" people involved in TV presentation of Scottish football use daft things like last night's incident as a means of deflecting away from the major problems in Scottish football.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is the correct answer. Listen to the comments of Chris Sutton about the actions of the guy that ran on to have a kick at the ball at Easter Road last night. Then search if you want and see if you can find any comments made by the same Sutton about those fans who have turned up at Tynecastle to sing the praises of Irish Republican terrorists, spread their own shit on the walls of the toilets in the Roseburn stand and both assaulted and robbed the youngsters who are employed to provide a service in the outlets on the same stand's concourse. In addition you could target those visiting fans from the other side of the OF. But no, nothing about that, in fact both sides of the OF are loving what is happening at the moment as it deflects blame away from them. It doesn't help that when they do do things inside Tynecastle people then say we can do nothing about it because they are visiting fans, which is bullshit. While they are are in our stadium or we are visiting any other football stadium all are subject ot the rules which govern the relevant stadium in question. Nothing is done because no one has the fecking balls to do it, and the "unbiased" people involved in Scottish football use daft things like last night's incident as a means of deflecting away from the major problems in Scottish football.

100% agree. 

Jambo 4 Ever
9 hours ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Didn’t think it was all that bad.

For 10 seconds of stupidity the boy will get jailed and may lose his job.

He picked the wrong week/year to do what he done but shit like that has been going down since I started following football in 1983.

Deserves to lose his job assuming he even has one in the first place 

Ron Burgundy

Dumpster admitted last week that the cctv in that stand isn’t up to scratch. They should close it until it is then. 

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hats off to her.  Though she senses a pounding coming from the powers that be.

real problem with that support it seems. Report of someone throwing a drum stick at Morelos too apparently 

If true. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

He/she will be the the one with the big drum and red hands........

The most shocking thing about the incident is that Rangers don't get awarded a penalty.  They get given for less at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

_104985734_18296387.jpg.327bde7f65fc216861a3a3e70c0e93b2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg.ceabac53579f91f0e7a3764816d34c33.jpg

2_Tavernier-Screen-Shot-2019-03-08-at-213406.png.5c708360bf2d75573c9c2f6a85b7e175.png

Scottish-football-in-gutter-again-as-Hibs-fan-involved-in.thumb.jpg.f22a64227989450732d37e11305507da.jpg

sincbottlecomp.thumb.jpg.f2aa363c7266d8e0474783ed341a3e88.jpg

416360928_Cameras-catch-Hibs-fan-appearing-to-brand-Hearts-star-fing-black-b-in-shock-footage.thumb.png.1c5df66a9c86225a5db95882e24dff77.png

5653212-6341987-image-m-3_1541075106971.jpg.06bdebd78fdcdb2e1c8f865bc90f5f52.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to the alleged racist on 29 th December 

at  the last derby it appears to have went very quiet

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Me and a mate were talking about things like this the other day. Going back a few years, i remember seeing the police wading into a crowd to lift people after some incident on more than 1 occasion. I honestly feel that if this was done instead of relying on CCTV and knocking on someone's door a few days later, it would serve as a deterrent, IE it would be obvious that any issue was being dealt with.

We also said that perimeter fences might end up coming back. From someone who spends a lot of time doing risk assessments, to reduce the chance of harm to a player, a barrier between the arseholes in the crowd and the players would help massively, not that I want to see them back again.

I remember those days too, but like everything else these days, cut backs etc,  the police do not have the resources they once had. Maybe the SFA needs to think about when they hold games, a Friday night for example, however TV money will probably always win regardless...

Edited by ducatiboy

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Unfortunately I get the feeling that the twats who are doing this are thriving off the headlines and are continually doing it until something gets done, that’s the mindset of people these days, mob rule, it gets notoriety in their wee group. Grow up man ffs ?

Yup. We have our own, some call them the 'Young Team'. I've noticed that they're quiet at Tynecastle these days but still visible at away games.

These idiots want to be part of the show but naturally don't have the talent to actually play the game.

11 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

No it isn’t. Harsher criminal punishments for the halfwits that do this is a better solution. 

Why punish the clubs- the idiots who do shit like tonight won’t give a flying **** or half enough brains to think about consequences of their actions. Also could lead to idiots who don’t support clubs getting them into bother - Celtic 3 points ahead of rangers in league run in, rangers fan goes to parkhead and chucks coins/runs on pitch... 

strict liability also punishes the overriding majority of gd honest fans who pay their hard earned wages to attend games.

Punish the folk that do this and no one else.

Good point.

11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Stewards are pretty shit at Scottish matches - most of them are bottle merchants and don't keep an eye on the fans.

This was on the stroke of Half Time FFS

Minimum wage probably and they're not there to tackle thugs and hooligans, that should be the Police's job but somehow they're rarely to be seen when they're needed.

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just close that verminous club down. 

Unfortunately that could backfire on clubs like Hearts.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I think the problem with the police is that they have now priced themselves out of the market. Because of the prices they ask for for having officers at the games the clubs only ask for the minimum required and use cheap stewarding for the rest of the “security”.

It would be interesting to know what the Police charge for a n officer. I'm guessing it won't be less that £50 / hour.

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

If SFA who ignore the numerous  punishments imposed on the Bigot Twins don;t get their house in order and deal with rampant Sectarianism then strict liability will be imposed on ALL clubs.

So it should be. If two clubs refuse to sign up. Kick them out. Let's bully the bullies for once.

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It would be interesting to know what the Police charge for a n officer. I'm guessing it won't be less that £50 / hour.

Probably about that for each Constable, more for Sargeants and even more for Senior Officers.

Years ago it was it was not unusual for there to be in excess of 150 police officers on duty when the Old firm came to town - and at times 70 arrests in and around the grounds.  The clubs at that time only paid for the officers on the detail who were actually deployed inside the ground.  You used to see the big groups of officers standing at the sides of the terracing who were the ones who had been on the turnstiles or on traffic duty - the clubs paid nothing for them being there. It all changed in the 90s when the police boards decided there was money to be made out of policing games. They decided to bill the clubs for every officer on duty. That’s why you now see far more stewards at the grounds and very few police.  Its  now all down to money.

Edited by Deevers

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

In what way would fans be able to stop one utter scumbag jumping onto the trackside and trying to hit a player?  There is nothing that can be done to prevent an incident like last night.

to some extent that's true but did this guy not jump over in their 'high risk' area next to the Rangers fans. Surely the Police/Security should have had their eyes facing the fans and if they had would have stopped this.

letsalldothebeattie

Its getting ridiculous how frequent this is happening now in games. These guys obviously take the "I pay my money I can do what I want" a bit too literally. Its time all clubs started to act we need to hammer this out the game as quick as possible before something major happens. What are clubs, authorities etc waiting for? That bottle to hit a player the next time and knock them out? The fan that jumps the boards to confront a player to punch them or pull a knife on them? A game of football is a place to go enjoy the game forget about work etc from the week previous and just focus on your team for 90 mins, not to go and act like a complete bellend throwing coins at players or managers or glass bottles of buckie at players when taking corners or confronting players at the side of the pitch. The sooner we get these wee neds out the game the better.