Lets stop this mindless behaviour

jamtartan74

jamtartan74

After yet another incident in Scottish football, it is time to call these idiots out before things escalate to something more serious. Unfortunately I posted something earlier in jest which predictably happened tonight, but it’s not in isolation, it’s happening all across the game, it has to stop before someone gets seriously hurt.

What can we do about it? We as supporters need to call out these idiots who are shaming all our clubs, it’s unacceptable behaviour. 

It it won’t be long before sections of stadiums are closed off or even games being played behind closed doors unless we put an end to this, is that what it will take? Let’s hope not as we all know that either us or our city neighbours will be the 1st ones to feel the brunt of it. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• jamtartan74

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

Agree with the sentiment however you are dealing with scum. People who cant string a sentence together without grunting or saying "liksesay" or "ken man", before pulling a Land B out there pocket.

Neanderthals dressed up as humans.

jamtartan74

Unfortunately I get the feeling that the twats who are doing this are thriving off the headlines and are continually doing it until something gets done, that’s the mindset of people these days, mob rule, it gets notoriety in their wee group. Grow up man ffs ?

loveofthegame
7 minutes ago, kingm616 said:

Strict liabilty is required

No it isn’t. Harsher criminal punishments for the halfwits that do this is a better solution. 

Why punish the clubs- the idiots who do shit like tonight won’t give a flying **** or half enough brains to think about consequences of their actions. Also could lead to idiots who don’t support clubs getting them into bother - Celtic 3 points ahead of rangers in league run in, rangers fan goes to parkhead and chucks coins/runs on pitch... 

strict liability also punishes the overriding majority of gd honest fans who pay their hard earned wages to attend games.

Punish the folk that do this and no one else.

Maroon Sailor

The Stewards are pretty shit at Scottish matches - most of them are bottle merchants and don't keep an eye on the fans.

This was on the stroke of Half Time FFS

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Footballfirst

I heard Leeann Dempster say all the right things in a radio interview and, most importantly, that "everything is on the table".

Predictably in the studio, there remained a naysayer, questioning SL, a possible points deduction (as if that was the only sanction) and the possibility of an opposing fan in the wrong end causing trouble.

The person responsible is in custody and will be banned for life from Easter Road – Good! Get the club to seek a maximum sentence when he comes up in court.  John Wilson, who assaulted Lennon was sentenced to 8 months. Give him something similar.

I haven't seen the game (I was at a Lowland League match), so didn't see what happened with Tavernier. Let's say that he was shaken by the incident and didn't perform in the second half, contributing to Rangers losing their lead. Is the deduction of a point justifiable in a SL sense? I'm not saying that it is or it isn't, but I'd put it out there as a potential sanction for recurring incidents.

I applaud her for coming out in the media and calling out these “fans” we need all senior people at all clubs to do the same along with working with the police the governing body, fans groups and also really following through on tough actions against idiots like this! 

Fly the Saltire

After the last bout of moronic behavior the Scottish Gov introduced the OFBFA  legislation but  Labour's James Kelly, son of Celtic Chairman,  led campaign  to oppose this on basis that his morons shouldn't be dealt with on the same basis as the Ibrox Orange bigots.  Then the Tory and Lib Dems who don't go to regular football matches voted to  repealed the Bill as they thought this was a good idea to bash the SNP.  without coming up with a sensible alternative.

Since them the problem has got worse  so you know who to blame.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

She forgot to mention the 90 mins of unsavoury singing though, a bigger problem than a drunk idiot 

Singing songs is a bigger problem than assaulting players? :lol:

One step at a time, but 100% get your point, not saying it’s not her place to call it out but she needs Dave King to be doing that, hold every chairperson accountable for their fans first and foremost, I think if she had mentioned it as well it would have looked like she was deflecting from her own fans behaviour 

Edited by campbell

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Singing songs is a bigger problem than assaulting players? :lol:

Does it really matter what ones “bigger” it’s not a competition, can we not just stand together and get rid of both 

Sexton Hardcastle

I see Celtic fans on twitter have dug up the brown vs some rangers fan a few years back. The usual back and forth and nothing changing will continue.

Hats off to her.  Though she senses a pounding coming from the powers that be.

real problem with that support it seems. Report of someone throwing a drum stick at Morelos too apparently 

mulleted_jambo

A bill in parliament has nothing to do with someone throwing a bottle or running on the pitch. The two involved in the incidents  probably couldn’t spell parliament let alone know what’s going on in them.

To me the best solution is More cctv and harsher punishments. Hopefully that would act as a deterrent. 

jamtartan74
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I heard Leeann Dempster say all the right things in a radio interview and, most importantly, that "everything is on the table".

Predictably in the studio, there remained a naysayer, questioning SL, a possible points deduction (as if that was the only sanction) and the possibility of an opposing fan in the wrong end causing trouble.

The person responsible is in custody and will be banned for life from Easter Road – Good! Get the club to seek a maximum sentence when he comes up in court.  John Wilson, who assaulted Lennon was sentenced to 8 months. Give him something similar.

I haven't seen the game (I was at a Lowland League match), so didn't see what happened with Tavernier. Let's say that he was shaken by the incident and didn't perform in the second half, contributing to Rangers losing their lead. Is the deduction of a point justifiable in a SL sense? I'm not saying that it is or it isn't, but I'd put it out there as a potential sanction for recurring incidents.

I thought Leanne dempster was pretty good in her condemnation of this incident in her interview, u could see she was raging by what happened and fair play to her for asking to be interviewed after the game, more owners or main figures in the game need to speak up about this. 

Sexton Hardcastle

“Does someone have to get seriously hurt before we do something about it”

Can all the shabby pundits not just print this on a t shirt rather than trying to sound all empowering and pretending to take a stand on matters. Lost count how many people and times it’s been trotted out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I see Celtic fans on twitter have dug up the brown vs some rangers fan a few years back. The usual back and forth and nothing changing will continue.

Astonishing isn't it. 2 wrongs don't make a right. 

The sentence needs to be harsh. 

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

“Does someone have to get seriously hurt before we do something about it”

Can all the shabby pundits not just print this on a t shirt rather than trying to sound all empowering and pretending to take a stand on matters. Lost count how many people and times it’s been trotted out.

Good idea bruh, let’s make it happen ??

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Astonishing isn't it. 2 wrongs don't make a right. 

The sentence needs to be harsh. 

Always the same with them though the whataboutery is unreal we see it to a lesser extent with is and Hibs but its outrageous. Social media is a cesspool?? when there is something done to or by them or their fans. Everything else is lost in it. Much as I can’t stand Hibs every team has these idiots. My concern is that twice this season players have been assaulted face to face by fans. Zlamal and now Tavernier. The big story though was a coin thrown at Lennons jacket. None is acceptable but until the SFA and media can be constructive and not protect Rangers and Celtic nothing will change. Doing that is easier said than done. Soon as something looks to come in place or someone stands up. Windows get tanned , death threats made. Its utterly vile

Edited by sadj

Fly the Saltire

If SFA who ignore the numerous  punishments imposed on the Bigot Twins don;t get their house in order and deal with rampant Sectarianism then strict liability will be imposed on ALL clubs.

Celtic dont have a leg to stand on either (see Mbappe incident)

Scottish football is a disgrace 

Edited by Jeff

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

If SFA who ignore the numerous  punishments imposed on the Bigot Twins don;t get their house in order and deal with rampant Sectarianism then strict liability will be imposed on ALL clubs.

Good, about time our game was rid of the absolute vile coming from the stands, outs included. I take my 10 year old niece to the games and I’m having to try and deflect her questions of ‘what are they singing about’ every game, especially against Celtic with the several peado chants to them, it’s ridiculous, we are going to watch football. I’m all for hostile atmosphere and banter but there’s a line, it gets taken too far. 

Credit to Leanne Dempster for doing the interview tonight can you imagine 

dave king or peter Lawell doing likewise 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.

Didn’t think it was all that bad.

For 10 seconds of stupidity the boy will get jailed and may lose his job.

He picked the wrong week/year to do what he done but shit like that has been going down since I started following football in 1983.

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Credit to Leanne Dempster for doing the interview tonight can you imagine 

dave king or peter Lawell doing likewise 

Absolutely ??????

Famous 1874

I expect she will arrange to have Hibs’ next home game behind closed doors/ without a stand or two open. Probably all chat.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

I expect she will arrange to have Hibs’ next home game behind closed doors/ without a stand or two open. Probably all chat.

And still claim an attendance of 20000

59 minutes ago, kingm616 said:

I agree but we all know that "Strict Liability" will only be utilised on all but Celtic and The Rangers. 

Something will be done but you just know that the 1st closed door game (and any thereafter) will not involve either Celtic or The Rangers.

The 1st game that results in a club being deducted 3 points (and any thereafter) will not involve either Celtic or The Rangers.

I confidently predict that Celtic and The Rangers will not be touched cited or have any sanctions under the sort of "Strict Liability"  that the SFA will convince/be dragged into implementing by the Scottish Parliament .

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

But she was strangely quiet when thousands of Hibs fans were fighting on the pitch at hampden less than 3 years ago. 

Arseholes are everywhere. If hibs are playing on a Friday night there's always going to be pissed and coked up neds there who might kick off. 

If Hibs aren't playing on a Friday night the same pissed and coked up neds will still be doing the same,  just somewhere else. 

football isn't the cause of this behaviour and as such football can't cure it. It's a much wider problem and has always been here. 

Beer and gear the demise of Scottish football

If some moron throws a bottle at a match, somewhere in that vicinity other supporters surely must see who the culprit is, point him/her out to the stewards or police, get your phone out, take a picture of the ignoramus, pass the picture on to the club, take a note of where he/she is sitting. No doubt some ars+++le on here will come on and slaver that you are being a grass to a fellow fan but think on, you are doing it for your club who can well do without fines or points deductions imposed by the actions of these morons turning up at games.

They’ve a real problem there that’s for sure. 

Good on her for coming out and let’s hope football as a whole cleans up because it’s really in the gutter at the moment here. Every week seems to be something

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Didn’t think it was all that bad.

For 10 seconds of stupidity the boy will get jailed and may lose his job.

He picked the wrong week/year to do what he done but shit like that has been going down since I started following football in 1983.

ANY week/year is the wrong time to be a prick. If he loses his job and gets a couple of months inside then he really can’t complain. If he refrains from being a knobend then he keeps his freedom and job. Simples. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

But she was strangely quiet when thousands of Hibs fans were fighting on the pitch at hampden less than 3 years ago. 

Arseholes are everywhere. If hibs are playing on a Friday night there's always going to be pissed and coked up neds there who might kick off. 

If Hibs aren't playing on a Friday night the same pissed and coked up neds will still be doing the same,  just somewhere else. 

football isn't the cause of this behaviour and as such football can't cure it. It's a much wider problem and has always been here. 

But surely football can do something about it happening at football matches. If we can get rid of it at football stadia then the rest of society can't point at football and say "that's the problem". We have to deal with our part of it, and then maybe then the wider problem can start to be dealt with. I hate this happening to the game I love. I love going to Tynecastle and supporting my team, but these arseholes are gonna **** it up for everybody. 

mulleted_jambo
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Deduct points will solve this overnight. 

Nope the SPFL can’t be trusted to apply the rules fairly.

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

No idea what you mean. 

That the two recreational drugs you have mentioned is becoming a issue in the game 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

ANY week/year is the wrong time to be a prick. If he loses his job and gets a couple of months inside then he really can’t complain. If he refrains from being a knobend then he keeps his freedom and job. Simples. 

Such anger.

Merely my opinion.

The boy was drunk and tried to kick a football.

Many more deserving cases will escape arrest and sentencing all over Edinburgh tonight.

Wrong place. Wrong time. 

Never Let Them Forget
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Stewards are pretty shit at Scottish matches - most of them are bottle merchants and don't keep an eye on the fans.

This was on the stroke of Half Time FFS

Minimum wage - minimum effort

portobellojambo1

Tonight the only conclusion I could come to was the guy was either pissed out his skull or stoned, I'm not even sure if he realised Tavernier was there until the player put his arm on him. It genuinely appeared as if his only intention was to boot the ball away, for reasons only he may know.  It does seem an awfully stupid thing to do, which could potentially result in him losing his employment, if he is indeed in employment. The only person getting hurt is he himself, including the effects either alcohol or drugs is having on his brain capacity.

14 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

That's a fair point and of course any starting point is good. What I was getting at was what's the point in stopping violent behaviour during 90 minutes if it's still happening outside the stadium in our streets every single weekend. 

You are right of course, but we can only put our own house in order. Mrs Budge, Leanne Dempster and their equivalents elsewhere have no jurisdiction outside the confines of our own ground. Once people leave the football other authorities have to deal with it. The Police, and the Scottish government for instance.

Edited by whodanny

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I know but sorting out football won't sort out society. Sorting out society will sort out football. Football will get it in the neck from the authorities but it's actually their fault for not doing more to sort out society! Anyway,  life will never change. Only two types of people,  good guys and wanks.

:thumbsup: HHGH.

Cruyff Turn

It’s a cultural thing with the arsecheeks and is ingrained in Scottish Society, mainly the West Coast. 

To stop it getting airtime however all the SFA need to do is start making ‘them’ in particular, play behind closed doors. That’ll soon stop it at the football. 

1 hour ago, kingm616 said:

Except that it will not be applied equally. Action does need taken. Target those responsible not everyone. That's where politicians go wrong. Be seen to be doing something, never mind actually addressing the nutjobs concerned.

SwindonJambo
41 minutes ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Such anger.

Merely my opinion.

The boy was drunk and tried to kick a football.

Many more deserving cases will escape arrest and sentencing all over Edinburgh tonight.

Wrong place. Wrong time. 

No anger at all. Just despair. The boy entered onto the field of play when he was expressly forbidden from doing so. Tavernier was actually commendably calm in his response. For all he knew he could have been about to be assaulted. I personally hope he does time. There needs to be a strong deterrent from others following suit before someone gets hurt.