• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday 2nd May 2019

Semi-finals - 1st Legs

Arsenal v Valencia

Eintracht Frankfurt v Chelsea

I’m going for a 2-2 draw in London and a 2-0 home win in Frankfurt.

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thursday 2nd May 2019

Semi-finals - 1st Legs

Arsenal v Valencia

Think Arsenal might sneak a win and a draw in Germany.

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

See since you’ve changed your avatar Boab?  It’s no’ so easy to quickly recognise your posts!

Nothing to do with the Europa League, but I just thought I’d tell you.  :lol:

Edited by Morgan

Just now, Morgan said:

See since you’ve changed your avatar Boab?  It’s no’ so easy to quickly recogniser your posts!

Nothing to do with the Europa League, but I just thought I’d tell you.  :lol:

Hidden in plain sight, mate.

You recognise the same shite surely !

?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hidden in plain sight, mate.

You recognise the same shite surely !

?

Of that, there is no doubt!

:whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

I fancy Arsenal to sneak a win tonight, and although Frankfurt are decent in the German league, their league is arguably weaker than the EPL right now, and I reckon Chelsea will get through fairly comfortably....sadly! 

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thursday 2nd May 2019

Semi-finals - 1st Legs

Arsenal v Valencia

I fancy those correct scores but the other way around:

Arsenal 2-0 Valencia 

Frankfurt 2-2 Chelsea 

Probably have a wee both teams to score double on the games tonight.

Might do a smaller "Both teams to score in both halves" double as well! :thumbsup:

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Probably have a wee both teams to score double on the games tonight.

Might do a smaller "Both teams to score in both halves" double as well! :thumbsup:

Not fancy the games to be quite tight after the Spurs v Ajax game?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not fancy the games to be quite tight after the Spurs v Ajax game?

Arsenal are a good attacking team, but dreadful at the back.  Valencia should fancy themselves for an away goal at the least tonight, which Arsenal might be able to exploit.

Eintracht and Chelsea are both good going forward, and have some good quality forwards, but are both capable of a few bombscare moments in defence.  They should both be worth a watch!

I'd be betting on Arsenal 1-1 Valencia, and Frankfurt 1-2 Chelsea for tonight, if I had to pick scores :)

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Arsenal are a good attacking team, but dreadful at the back.  Valencia should fancy themselves for an away goal at the least tonight, which Arsenal might be able to exploit.

Eintracht and Chelsea are both good going forward, and have some good quality forwards, but are both capable of a few bombscare moments in defence.  They should both be worth a watch!

I'd be betting on Arsenal 1-1 Valencia, and Frankfurt 1-2 Chelsea for tonight, if I had to pick scores :)

I think Napoli are a far better team than Valencia and Arsenal managed to keep back to back clean sheets against Napoli. Arsenal have only conceded in 2 of their last 12 Europa League games and one of those matches was against Rennes when they were down to 10 men. Unai Emery is a master of the Europa League having won it 3 times consecutively with Sevilla and I think Arsenal priced at 11/10 is brilliant value, either 1-0 or 2-0 Arsenal for me. Guaranteed to be a 4-4 draw after that post!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Napoli are a far better team than Valencia and Arsenal managed to keep back to back clean sheets against Napoli. Arsenal have only conceded in 2 of their last 12 Europa League games and one of those matches was against Rennes when they were down to 10 men. Unai Emery is a master of the Europa League having won it 3 times consecutively with Sevilla and I think Arsenal priced at 11/10 is brilliant value, either 1-0 or 2-0 Arsenal for me. Guaranteed to be a 4-4 draw after that post!

Fair point, Napoli probably would beat Valencia if they were in the tie instead of Arsenal!

It's the Europa League, who knows what'll happen.  It's an old cliche, but it depends who wants it more - if they're not overly fussed, the home teams will sit back and try not to concede an away goal, but sometimes football's funny and throws up a genuinely entertaining game when you don't expect it!

PS - A 4-4 draw you say?

:jjyay: :yas: 

Just now, tian447 said:

Fair point, Napoli probably would beat Valencia if they were in the tie instead of Arsenal!

It's the Europa League, who knows what'll happen.  It's an old cliche, but it depends who wants it more - if they're not overly fussed, the home teams will sit back and try not to concede an away goal, but sometimes football's funny and throws up a genuinely entertaining game when you don't expect it!

PS - A 4-4 draw you say?

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not so sure.

Napoli never really clicked against Arsenal.

Now, it could be argued that they have already secured a Champs League Group berth for next season so could it be they weren’t going for it with all they had ?

Valencia, on the other hand, sitting sixth in La Liga, would see the carrot of a Champs League place for winning the Europa a more pressing concern ?

That includes Arsenal as well of course.

All debatable but, personally, I thought Napoli never really looked devestated when they went out !

For Arsenal the Europa League is do or die, after their three league defeats in a row.

If they want European football next year, they may have to win this cup.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Boab said:

Bit much of an ask there. 

Arsenal to win and draw on the same night! 

peter_hmfc

Knew a girl who was an Eintracht Frankfurt fan, she was an utter ****.

Hated them ever since.

Chelsea ftw tonight even though I don't like them.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

PS - A 4-4 draw you say?

Reveal hidden contents

Arsenal 0-1 down already! Shoulda kept my trap shut.

Frankfurt have had some deal with Jovic.. 2 year loan deal with agreed purchase price of just 7 million euros

Of course they have completed the deal and now they have a 50 million euro player (or more)

edit 2-1 Arsenal and Chelsea still 1-0 down

Edited by CJGJ

On 18/04/2019 at 21:07, shaun.lawson said:

Other than how pathetic Serie A is. That's the same Serie A which has had zero finalists in this tournament since 1999. None whatsoever.

Slightly selective stats though, in the same period they’ve had six finalists in the champions league. Surely a league should be judged by the more senior tournament. 

chester copperpot

Been a good game in London.

Valencia pretty unfortunate to be behind however Arsenal have had some decent chances

57 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arsenal 0-1 down already! Shoulda kept my trap shut.

Goals everywhere! :smuggy:

To be fair, I feel like teams are a lot more open in the Europa League compared to the Champions League! 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Goals everywhere! :smuggy:

To be fair, I feel like teams are a lot more open in the Europa League compared to the Champions League! 

Did you put your bet on?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Arsenal get a 3rd in the last minute...3-1

Decent game. 

Arsenal needed that 3rd.

Mikey1874
8 hours ago, Boab said:

Well done

Final is Baku, Azerbaijan 29 May.

Although Wembley is available. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did you put your bet on?

Only the both teams to score in both halves one :(

However, I did put this belter on!   Only 3 yellow cards of the game! Very smug :smuggy:

Screenshot_20190502-212617_Chrome.jpg

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Slightly selective stats though, in the same period they’ve had six finalists in the champions league. Surely a league should be judged by the more senior tournament. 

I agree. But England have had nine in that time - and we've had CL winners who finished 5th and 6th. 

Between the mid-80s and the end of the 90s, Serie A's dominance was just incredible. Especially in the UEFA Cup, which was the best judge of league strength back then. Then they just fell off a cliff and have never fully recovered: with Calciopoli doing a huge amount of harm to the league's prestige and attractiveness. 

Italian football needs Milan and Inter to recover. That's what'd make Serie A a proper force again. Everyone else not called Juventus just can't do it at this level. 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Yesss Chelsea in to them.

Didnae have you down as a ‘Stamford Bridge boy’ Harold?

:wink:

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arsenal 0-1 down already. Shoulda kept my trap shut.

I’m saying nowt.

Chelsea should have hammered them, for most of second half totally dominant, need a decent centre forward.

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Only the both teams to score in both halves one :(

However, I did put this belter on!   Only 3 yellow cards of the game! Very smug :smuggy:

Screenshot_20190502-212617_Chrome.jpg

Nice one mate. I needed Kostic to get booked in that game for £1275 when Xhaxa In then other game for £1000!  

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’m saying nowt.

To be fair I said Arsenal win and Chelsea draw. Just didn’t expect so many goals in the Arsenal game.

55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nice one mate. I needed Kostic to get booked in that game for £1275 when Xhaxa In then other game for £1000!  

That's crap, Xhaka would have been one Arsenal player I'd have picked to get booked as well!

The "Player to get booked" market is pretty good, because it's a complete crapshoot and you sometimes get lucky. Just need someone to lose the head or get caught in possession and you're in! 

Must point out this is the first win I've had in months, so I could well be talking bollocks :lol:

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Didnae have you down as a ‘Stamford Bridge boy’ Harold?

:wink:

My 1st football strip  bud.☺️

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Frankfurt's fans display was superb.

I'm hoping Hibs fans also saw that display and are suitably embarrassed enough by their own silly little pathetic displays to retire them forever now, because Frankfurt fans know how to do a display! It was awesome! 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Video of unfurling the big banner behind goals. 

Now that's a big flag 

?

The Treasurer

The priorities of English football were summed up in these games.

A chance to win a European trophy, but all they talk about is winning a place in next season's CL.

Winning the tournament is irrelevant, all they want is to jump on the gravy train next season

45 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The priorities of English football were summed up in these games.

A chance to win a European trophy, but all they talk about is winning a place in next season's CL.

Winning the tournament is irrelevant, all they want is to jump on the gravy train next season

Is that not the case for clubs across Europe. UEFA have dangled a carrot for the winners and I would say it’s a big one for everyone, not just English teams.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Is that not the case for clubs across Europe. UEFA have dangled a carrot for the winners and I would say it’s a big one for everyone, not just English teams.

I'm not saying it isn't an incentive.

It's the fact that qualifying for another tournament next season is seen as more of a "carrot" than actually winning a European trophy.

It's the same as quite a few English clubs would rather finish 4th in the league than win the FA Cup.