The "young team" Monday night ...

jambovambo

14 minutes ago, jambodeek said:

I`m sure there are songs about a lot of people that others don`t like, but does everyone come on here to explain to why songs are made up just to keep others happy ?

Of course there will be. 

But did they think their song would make Mrs Budge think "I'm so glad I saved this club …" or "why did I bother" ?

I'm only asking. It would be good to hear their views.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• i8hibsh

• soonbe110

• Governor Tarkin

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It was, but the irony of the intro "if you don't do the Uche, you're a tim" is clearly lost on them.

:facepalm:

Is having a pop at Celtic fans exclusive to Rangers supporters? Is it really the crime of the century? 

Just now, jambovambo said:

Of course there will be. 

But did they think their song would make Mrs Budge think "I'm so glad I saved this club …" or "why did I bother" ?

I'm only asking. It would be good to hear their views.

They both have shares in the club and both pay into the Foundation of Hearts and have done since it started ( via my bank at first lol ) so have been helping in there own way like thousands of others to help save Hearts ... Its not all about Budge

Just now, jambodeek said:

They both have shares in the club and both pay into the Foundation of Hearts and have done since it started ( via my bank at first lol ) so have been helping in there own way like thousands of others to help save Hearts ... Its not all about Budge

Good. Puts them in a good place to explain why they want "Budge oot".   

39 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Classic JKB. 10 page thread on the Young Team incoming from the self-righteous sweetie-paper rustlers.

As per these threads, everyone thinks creating an atmosphere is a good thing.

Now if we are lead to believe they arent daft then choosing to sing utter bile in amongst that is what causes the issue.

That and the creepy older guys hanging around them but thats a seperate issue.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

Good. Puts them in a good place to explain why they want "Budge oot".   

Younger generation eh

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

But did they think their song would make Mrs Budge think "I'm so glad I saved this club …" or "why did I bother".

I can't speak for jambodeek's boys, but I doubt the highly successful, jet-setting, multi-millionairess Mrs Budge gives a flying **** what they think. :)

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Mr Brightside
41 minutes ago, jambodeek said:

Uche, Uche was the chant ...... Nothing to do  with Rangers 

I stand corrected. Not so bad then, but still maybe they could come up with a better tune for an Uche song.

Just now, jambovambo said:

I'm all ears.

Listen I put post up to say ma laddies are`nt morons or loyalists not to go into Mrs Budge`s popularity ... So if some of the boys were singing that well that`s up to them , take it you haven`t been a wee bit naughty in your time ?

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I can't speak for jambodeek's boys, but I doubt the highly successful, jet-setting, multi-millionairess Mrs Budge gives a flying **** what they think. :)

Correct

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

I stand corrected. Not so bad then, but still maybe they could come up with a better tune for an Uche song.

I`m sure they will in time lol 

I don't mind the drum. However the young team need to revamp the song book and also need to realise we are not rangers so they can keep their UFs in their toy box and away from the football.

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I didn't hear that where I was sitting but when they sung that song that ends f.... the pope and the ira there was a fair bit of booing. I don't think the sung that again.   

That's the song. 'When I was young, I had some sense...' etc.

People mixing it up with "Since I was young, I followed Hearts, HMFC, the team for me."

Also no more Union Flags at games please. Cringe af.

Edited by ali_jambo

haveyouheard 22

Some for the young team, some not,, all the posts in the world wont change things, just an other thread on the same topic especially when we fail to win..Boring 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So, to want new owners makes you a moron? This is to say to have a differing opinion makes you a moron?

Having a different opinion to the 'norm' actually makes you the opposite of a moron.  Just saying likes.

:rofl:brand new levels of gibberish.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

They may well be but the reasons used to brand them as such are not valid.

Anyone who sings songs about f**** the pope and the IRA is a moron! 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:brand new levels of gibberish.

I thought it was only standard gibberish.

I must be becoming de-sensitised.

**** the modern world. 

:(

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Anyone who sings songs about f**** the pope and the IRA is a moron! 

Singing songs yes I agree.  Being anti catholic church and IRA - most certainly not.  These feelings should NEVER enter a football stadium however,

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** the modern world. 

It’s scary what we become used to.

been here before
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

:cornette:

Absolute morons if true.

Had the 'pleasure' of their company last night. Right slao bang next to them and aye that was 100% sung but only by a few of them. Likewise being up to their knees in Fenian blood which was roundly booed and drowned out. Fair play to the lassie who shouted out to them "if you're going to sing that shite, fxxk off to Ibrox. It seemed to do the trick.

1-0 up and they're giving it 'Craigie/Austin/Olly/Karen et all give us a wave', theres only one Craig Levein' then 1-1 and its 'Levein must go, Budge get to ****'. Mixed up throbbers.

Good on them with the banner though. Not the best message but the sentiment was there and at least they made an attempt at a protest unlike the gobshites and blowhards on here with their tennis ball talk, threatened boycotts and general empty wind and pish.

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

While I disagree with almost all of that its fair enough to have the view and articulate why and it beats your usual shit patter of name calling.....something the young lads seem to want to do as well.

Personally, she has responsibility for Levein and that could be her achilles heal because he is the one affecting on field performance not her, and ultimately if we dont want CL then she will need to make that call.

And while there is alot of us unhappy with the performances and style I think JKB is still just a tiny extreme view either end of the scales of what Hearts fans think and so the comments about driving fans away isnt really borne out by the STs and numbers seen week in week out over the last few years.

I would also say that this club wouldnt have been able to have such external investment or build the stand if it wasnt for her portraying the image of the club (and FOH) and people seem happy to dismiss all this quickly and move on like a spoiled child saying "I want I want"

Doesnt mean we cant criticise on the field issues I just dont see we have much of an argument off the field.

Im with you.   For example i seen someone on a facebook hearts page moaning that we have save the children instead of an actual paying sponsor, without realising that budge has commented the benefactors like our charity side which  helps them put money in.  Some fans just dont understand all the good work that is going on.

Off the field this is the best our club has been run, our stadium is amazing.  The club shop is fully stocked with half decent items.   We are making money and not in bank debt.  

On the pitch we are 5th, been to a semi and will likly make another, although we should be doing better we have many worse seasons than this.    We are building a core of a squad, 3 or 4 of the right additions this summer and we could have a very good team.  

At the end of the day there should be no place at Heart of Midlothian Football Club for sectarianism. Young Team, Old Team any ******* Team. It's indefensible I don't give a **** where you stand on CL or Mrs Budge.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Im with you.   For example i seen someone on a facebook hearts page moaning that we have save the children instead of an actual paying sponsor, without realising that budge has commented the benefactors like our charity side which  helps them put money in.  Some fans just dont understand all the good work that is going on.

The thing is, the majority of football supporters, especially younger ones, don't give a **** about save the children, benefactors, or all the good work, if their team can't tuck away lower division shite like Partick.

the general
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Definitely not them :thumbsup:

Agreed nowt at all

Thought they made a good old racket last night.1 maybe 2 dodgy songs that quickly petered/ booed out

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

It was, but the irony of the intro "if you don't do the Uche, you're a tim" is clearly lost on them.

:facepalm:

Lost on me too, unless we have a different understanding of the word Tim.

been here before
17 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Lost on me too, unless we have a different understanding of the word Tim.

Its quite simple really. When he's not holding off 3 defenders at a time, Uche's got a part time gig as the pope.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is having a pop at Celtic fans exclusive to Rangers supporters? Is it really the crime of the century? 

At a Partick Thistle game?!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

At a Partick Thistle game?!

So what? Hearts have had a bitter rivalry with Celtic for as long as I can remember and I'm 48. Were you really offended by it? Can we sing about hating Hibs when we're not playing Hibs?

Edited by Forever Hearts

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

So what? Hearts have had a bitter rivalry with Celtic for as long as I can remember and I'm 48. Were you really offended by it? 

It's never offended me but that's not the point. It's no longer acceptable and can lead to repercussions. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

It's never offended me but that's not the point. It's no longer acceptable and can lead to repercussions. 

What is no longer acceptable? The word Tim? Celtic fans call themselves that and wear it as a badge of honour, it's short for Timaloys and is in no way shape or form bigoted or sectarian. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

What is no longer acceptable? The word Tim? Celtic fans call themselves that and wear it as a badge of honour, it's short for Timaloys and is in no way shape or form bigoted or sectarian. 

Sectarian singing

Not saying it was the young team but a flare missed a ballboy by inches after we scored.

i was genuinely shocked about how close this was to being a nightmare for the ballboy and club 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Sectarian singing

I agree with you. I was talking about the start of the Uche song. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I agree with you. I was talking about the start of the Uche song. 

Ah right. Sorry. 

I was right in the middle of it due to where my ticket was bought for so unintentionally right in the middle and it was great. 

Bouncing about singing songs for the whole game fair enough a few songs could have been avoided but it was a 100 times better than being told to sit on your arse and be quiet like at tynecastle these days. 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tim is classed as derogatory and sectarian.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tim is classed as derogatory and sectarian.

By who? Hun is classed as sectarian but gets used constantly on here. 

3 hours ago, jambodeek said:

My 2 Laddies were with the so called " Young Team " last night, and I can tell you they are anything but morons or " Loyalists ".

They were there to enjoy themselves, sing, have a laugh, try and help create an atmosphere and most of all to support the Hearts... they are proper Hearts boys. Season ticket holders since they could walk.

So stop tarring all the laddies with the same brush.

HHGH

Not sure anyone is tarring them all with the same brush but im still catching up on the thread. If they are there to sing , have fun , follow hearts and not get involved with the bs then awesome. However without rooting out the loyalists and idiots (either by those in that group or by others) the club have to tackle it as an issue and the easiest way is to shut down the whole group. Its the hangers on , the idiots , the bigoted few who ruin it for the rest. 

Sexton Hardcastle
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If I had my way drums, controlled flares, swearing, abuse (within reason) everything would be the norm at football.  Football is dull as **** and Hearts are flatlining on and off the park.    We have about 3 songs now and all you feel are eyes on you at every opportunity.  People just wanting to hear something inappropriate and report it in order to sell their fellow fans down the river. We are brutal on almost every (non face painting) level. 

Thankfully idiots aren’t running our club. So dream on big fella.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** the modern world. 

???

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

At the end of the day there should be no place at Heart of Midlothian Football Club for sectarianism. Young Team, Old Team any ******* Team. It's indefensible I don't give a **** where you stand on CL or Mrs Budge.

Is it only me that read that in a football chant way to myself

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Thankfully idiots aren’t running our club. So dream on big fella.

What is it with people that the moment you suggest singing, swearing and shouting abuse at football games they instantly think sectarian or racist, which you clearly are getting at.  Grown mature decent adults can shout, swear and abuse people like **** without being racist or sectarian.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is it only me that read that in a football chant way to myself

A wee bit Guns n Roses anything goes

Just now, Jamhammer said:

A wee bit Guns n Roses anything goes

Thats always a win that and metallica top of my heavy lifting days tune choice. Maybe that chant to the pace and tone of “Get in the Ring” ?

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

What is it with people that the moment you suggest singing, swearing and shouting abuse at football games they instantly think sectarian or racist, which you clearly are getting at.  Grown mature decent adults can shout, swear and abuse people like **** without being racist or sectarian.

Aye get a half time hanging in as well. Pre match drums and pipe bands marching out the tunnel. Spitfires overhead. Dig up Thatcher and get her to hand deliver the match ball.

What a sight it would be. Don’t let women in though. Or the disabled.

chuck berrys hairline
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

20190305_190743.jpg

20190305_190822.jpg

How is zombies sectarian that one slipped under the radar ??