The "young team" Monday night ...

jambovambo

Behind me on the stairs going out.

Chanting something about Ann Budge and how we need new owners.

Someone just in front of me turned round and growled "you don't have a ****ing clue what it is to support your team".

That shut them up. Morons.

And don't get me started on the subject of that drum.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• i8hibsh

• soonbe110

• Governor Tarkin

8 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Someone just in front of me turned round and growled "you don't have a ****ing clue what it is to support your team".

Had a chuckle went I went in the Jackie Husband stand and seen them right in front of the director’s box.

Suits must have loved that !

Howdy Doody Jambo

We could do with the young team at Tynecastle to drum up an atmosphere, it might inject a bit of drive into the team 

10 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

They have as much right to a voice as you or anyone else.  

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

We could do with the young team at Tynecastle to drum up an atmosphere, it might inject a bit of drive into the team 

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That doesn't mean they aren't morons.

I think the assertion that the young team generate atmosphere is false. I'm not for them or against them. But there was atmosphere before they arrived and there will be again.

I agree it has maybe stagnated of late but don't think they are the only answer to the issue

Just now, Ray Gin said:

That doesn't mean they aren't morons.

They may well be but the reasons used to brand them as such are not valid.

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

I heard that as well.

I'd love to hear what their alternative is at this time.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

They may well be but the reasons used to brand them as such are not valid.

Yes they are.

Young team argument (condensed version)

Young team good. Nut young team bad.  Aye but, nut but, you're no a PHM, nut I am an you're no.

End.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes they are.

So, to want new owners makes you a moron? This is to say to have a differing opinion makes you a moron?

Having a different opinion to the 'norm' actually makes you the opposite of a moron.  Just saying likes.

20 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

We're getting new owners in 2020 but at the end of the day they're daft young laddies and will learn as they grow up, probably said some daft things myself when I was that age. Agree about the drum though, they should be banned from football grounds forever imo.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

So, to want new owners makes you a moron? This is to say to have a differing opinion makes you a moron?

Having a different opinion to the 'norm' actually makes you the opposite of a moron.  Just saying likes.

Ironically this is one of the most moronic sentences I've ever read.

Also the "Bobby bobby swing on the bar" / Austin Austin gies a wave" patter should be kept for when we're winning comfortably.  

If I had my way drums, controlled flares, swearing, abuse (within reason) everything would be the norm at football.  Football is dull as **** and Hearts are flatlining on and off the park.    We have about 3 songs now and all you feel are eyes on you at every opportunity.  People just wanting to hear something inappropriate and report it in order to sell their fellow fans down the river. We are brutal on almost every (non face painting) level. 

3fingersreid
13 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Was happy to see the 'When I was Young' song getting booed.

Genuinely interested as why , not having a pop ? 

Not it sure if it was connected but a group of Hearts fans were having a bit of a fight/pavement dancing on Roseberry cr last night around 11-30 last night

Captain Sausage
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ironically this is one of the most moronic sentences I've ever read.

The earth is flat. 

Vaccines cause autism. 

The moon landings were fake. 

George Bush did 9/11. 

The opposite of moronic right enough. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

A bunch of absolute roasters. One minute it was “Craigy, Craigy gives us a wave and Austin, Austin give us a wave”, the next it was mindless bile going in the direction of both the dugout and the directors. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

The earth is flat. 

Vaccines cause autism. 

The moon landings were fake. 

George Bush did 9/11. 

The opposite of moronic right enough. 

You are being ridiculous now.  I mean being a contrarian not being a deluded conspiracy theorist.

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

A bunch of absolute roasters. One minute it was “Craigy, Craigy gives us a wave and Austin, Austin give us a wave”, the next it was mindless bile going in the direction of both the dugout and the directors. 

And yet they will still pay good money to watch these shower of ****ing losers week in week out. We stopped playing last night and could not even be ****ed finding a different gear when Partick equalised, clearly playing for the replay.  Not one **** given that fans have to pay to watch this shite again, take time of work etc.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Young team argument (condensed version)

Young team good. Nut young team bad.  Aye but, nut but, you're no a PHM, nut I am an you're no.

End.

Or, to put it simply, we just want two things, home or away:

- noise 

- nothing sectarian

Not much to ask.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Or, to put it simply, we just want two things, home or away:

- noise 

- nothing sectarian

Not much to ask.

Amen

“She doesn’t care about football, she doesn’t care about fans. Heart of Midlothian is in the wrong hands (**** off Budge ya auld ^^^^!)”

is what they were belting out coming down the stairs behind me at the end. 

Weapons, every single one of them.

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not it sure if it was connected but a group of Hearts fans were having a bit of a fight/pavement dancing on Roseberry cr last night around 11-30 last night

Because it’s a Rangers song. Flutes, the pope and the IRA have no place being in a Hearts song our sung about at Hearts games. Quicker these fuds **** off to Ibrox the better. 

Edited by lsimp77

Thought Police
12 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Why was booing a sectarian song good? Is that what you’re asking?

3 minutes ago, Zaba said:

“She doesn’t care about football, she doesn’t care about fans. Heart of Midlothian is in the wrong hands (**** off Budge ya auld ^^^^!)”

is what they were belting out coming down the stairs behind me at the end. 

Weapons, every single one of them.

Exactly. Thanks for your agreement.

There are three statements in that ditty - not one of which is correct.

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only if it’s legal. ?

3 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Because it’s a Rangers song. Flutes, the pope and the IRA have no place being in Hearts song our sung about at Hearts games. Quicker these fuds **** off to Ibrox the better. 

A different version to the one I know then

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And yet they will still pay good money to watch these shower of ****ing losers week in week out. We stopped playing last night and could not even be ****ed finding a different gear when Partick equalised, clearly playing for the replay.  Not one **** given that fans have to pay to watch this shite again, take time of work etc.

You weren’t there were you? 

Italian Lambretta

Just as bad as the 2 grown men squaring up to each other in front of the Directors box at the end of the game. What is wrong with some people?

Governor Tarkin

The young team can't really call themselves a young team until they've thrown parking cones into a pub full of Hibs fans on Lothian Road, dropped paving slabs from the bridge at Ratho onto Celtic coaches going along the M8, or given the cod heid young chaps a good shoeing in that big cemetery next to Pittodrie.

Could probably do with a good pre-season trip to NI for good measure too.

Youngsters these days.

Pfft.

Don't even know they're born.

1 minute ago, lou said:

A different version to the one I know then

“When I was young I had no sense. So I bought a flute for 50 pence. The only tune that I could play was **** the Pope and the IRA.” 

They’ve sang it a couple times at away games now. 

Thought Police

Ann Budge is against sectarianism and singing about the IRA. I’m not entirely sure where she’s stayed you can’t shout and swear at the football. If people have a problem with her tackling these issues then I worry for them.

She has allowed two versions of their group now in an attempt to improve “atmosphere”. Yet they ruin it by singing about fenians and flutes.

Edited by Thought Police

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Now that statement makes you a moron.

Feel free for people to want new owners and discuss its merits, for me  personally anyone who wants that clearly cant remember the last 50 years of worry and pain to get to an owner who actually knows what the **** they are doing with our finances (in the main) and wont allow us down a piss poor road but each to their own.

No one is perfect and room for improvement but by christ its less improvement required than previous incumbents.

Or the alternative is to make up some pathetic name for the owner.....you know like "Supergran" or some shit chant at a football ground.

Edited by Jamboelite

portobellojambo1
41 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Was happy to see the 'When I was Young' song getting booed.

I might be wrong here but are the limited words to that song not as basic as "When I was young, I followed Hearts, HMFC, the team for me". I'm guessing that what you a referring to is summink different

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I might be wrong here but are the limited words to that song not as basic as "When I was young, I followed Hearts, HMFC, the team for me". I'm guessing that what you a referring to is summink different

That's what I thought

3fingersreid
13 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Because it’s a Rangers song. Flutes, the pope and the IRA have no place being in a Hearts song our sung about at Hearts games. Quicker these fuds **** off to Ibrox the better. 

14 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Why was booing a sectarian song good? Is that what you’re asking?

Not the version I’ve heard , however if it was the sevco version then fair enough 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Ann Budge is against sectarianism and singing about the IRA. I’m not entirely sure where she’s stayed you can’t shout and swear at the football. If people have a problem with her tackling these issues then I worry for them.

She has allowed two versions of their group now in an attempt to improve “atmosphere”. Yet they ruin it by singing about fenians and flutes.

Sorry, but you can’t pick and choose when to be offended by sectarianism. If she refuses to tackle away fans then it completely diluted attempts to sort out the home fans. It seems she is happy to either take the easier route or knows she already has the season ticket money so can be harder on the home fans. 

Ford Prentice

Was sat only about 10 metres away from that drum last night. Did my head in. Drums should either be banned or situated as far away from the rest of us as possible. On second thought, no just ban them.

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That’s since I was young and is sung with a different tune.

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

“When I was young I had no sense. So I bought a flute for 50 pence. The only tune that I could play was **** the Pope and the IRA.” 

Definetly never heard this version before , ffs another song adapted , file under sweet Caroline etc

Ford Prentice
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, but you can’t pick and choose when to be offended by sectarianism. If she refuses to tackle away fans then it completely diluted attempts to sort out the home fans. It seems she is happy to either take the easier route or knows she already has the season ticket money so can be harder on the home fans. 

Classic whataboutery. Pathetic.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

:cornette:

Absolute morons if true.